Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That's true! That whale appears to have six appendages, though.

It is a Land Whale, and not a bad one, I just meant that my immersion into a world where there are Land Sharks in the tabletop wargame is ruined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
stealing land shark idea for D&D

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Moola posted:

stealing land shark idea for D&D

Isn't that already a thing?

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
The Bulette, also known as the Landshark. A bulette attacks anything it regards as edible, choosing the easiest or closest prey first. The only creatures it refuses to eat are elves (and it dislikes the taste of dwarves). When burrowing underground, a landshark relies on its tremorsense ability to detect prey.

When it senses something edible (that is, senses movement), it breaks to the surface, crest first, and begins its attack.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Weirdo posted:

Well, whales are said to have descended from mammalian-quadrupeds :engleft:

So that creature is likely some freakish missing link in the evolution of whales.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Wurzag posted:

Isn't that already a thing?

*reads pdfs*

yes apparently it is!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
There's also the Squark, a squid-shark hybrid

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
So we're only waiting for a sharcrunt? (shcrunt?)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Scrunt shark

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Sharks don't have necks. sharks are the oldest line of scrunts.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sharks are also chondrichthyes, meaning they mostly have cartilage instead of bones.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
I didn't know that. That is so rad.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
If you take one out of water there is pretty much nothing to prevent it's body collapsing in on itself and crushing it's own organs.

Must suck to be a land shark.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
That... that is not rad.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Well of course you can add legs to a shark, but a more robust skeleton? Impossible!

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
Traditional Games>Best of the Worst: Painting and Modelling Land Sharks

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Shark's teeth may be evolved adaptations of the little scales that cover their skin. A shark evolved to live on land could probably evolve a toothy, flexible exoskeleton to help support its body shape. I mean, it has to evolve lungs or something anyway, and of course the legs, so why not?

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
And then it'd have to keep warm, so fur.. loose the surplus fins and you have a bear !

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Renfield posted:

And then it'd have to keep warm, so fur.. loose the surplus fins and you have a bear !

fish don't have to keep warm, silly

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Shadeoses posted:

The Bulette, also known as the Landshark. A bulette attacks anything it regards as edible, choosing the easiest or closest prey first. The only creatures it refuses to eat are elves (and it dislikes the taste of dwarves). When burrowing underground, a landshark relies on its tremorsense ability to detect prey.

When it senses something edible (that is, senses movement), it breaks to the surface, crest first, and begins its attack.

One of my favorite monsters

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Unless you're playing a halfling. Those guys are walking bite size snickers to a bulette. Picture being all happy in your little hobbit hole smoking some pipe weed when a land shark Kool-Aid man's into your living room.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Just saw this great paintjob on a kickstarter project:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
i like that the dudes hair and sash are blowing in separate directions

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
that's his scorpion tail

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

You can't tell, but he's actually spinning at high speed.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ah I see

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Green Intern posted:

You can't tell, but he's actually spinning at high speed.

I hate to say post/avatar combo, but, post/avatar combo.

Another example of a paint job that wouldn't be laughed out of the oath thread or anything but that you probably shouldn't use to advertise your kickstarter

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I got this Rhino from eBay years and years and years ago, only to find it was a notable wreck:

Those wire coils are actually kinda sharp and I'm glad I'm up on my tetanus shots.

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice
Looks like you need to model some wrecked vehicle terrain

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

SRM posted:

I got this Rhino from eBay years and years and years ago, only to find it was a notable wreck:

Those wire coils are actually kinda sharp and I'm glad I'm up on my tetanus shots.

Light Angels?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Given the overall condition it's remarkable the side railing hasn't been snapped off.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

cyberia posted:

Just saw this great paintjob on a kickstarter project:

You forgot to link the kickstarter so that we can throw our money at it.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Bluefalcon23 233422 7778820 ee13d3efd45a1ad484257d8a92d0e2da.jpg posted:

Here are some of my favorites

Awesome black guy (not to be racist, but its true, he is an awesome black guy)

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
In that guy's defense, the skin is the best part of the paint job.

Edit: \/\/\/ Hahaha, In my head as I scanned from left to right I was saying "Huh? These don't seem that bad. I mean it's nothing to write home ab~Oh..."

Well. That's what happens when you trip and fall into the purity seal laundry hamper as you rush to join your squad in its drop pod.

TheCosmicMuffet fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 24, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

One can never have too many purity seals!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
I'm pretty sure he mugged the rest of the squad for theirs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

If Dawn of War 2 taught me anything it's that he now has enough bonuses to one shot literally anything.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

NONE PURER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I can't remember if this has shown up in this thread yet