Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I thought they changed it because him doing his ring announcing shtick while being Mr. Anderson would make people think of The Matrix.

I always heard it was Paul Heyman who told him naming himself after Vince's middle name would score brownie points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
So the Anderson ranking list is:

1: Arn
2: Karl
3: CW
4: Ken
5: Ole
6: Wes

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

Good luck when Lars and Gene find you.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

C. Everett Koop posted:

7: Neo

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

OmegaBR posted:

I always heard it was Paul Heyman who told him naming himself after Vince's middle name would score brownie points.

God drat I hope this is right!

Paul Heyman is such a national treasure.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

8: Tom

Well boy, I tell yew hwut.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

sticklefifer posted:

8: Tom

Well boy, I tell yew hwut.

He was better when he jumped ship to Fox and they repackaged him with the propane gimmick.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gavok posted:

He was better when he jumped ship to Fox and they repackaged him with the propane gimmick.
MTV told him he was a midcarder who hasn't done poo poo and released him via Fed Ex while pushing Daria, but later Fox made him a cornerstone of their Animation Attitude era.

Now someone rework Scott Keith's "retire now, you fat redneck piece of poo poo" Undertaker rant to apply to Bill.

Also in this scenario Boomhauer is the either Ultimate Warrior or Ahmed Johnson.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Edge & Christian posted:

Now someone rework Scott Keith's "retire now, you fat redneck piece of poo poo" Undertaker rant to apply to Bill.

The entire episode where Bill loses his barbering touch.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

He'd be top five if they wouldn't have tried to book him so strong. Dude no-sold everything.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Whoa.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

He'd be top five if they wouldn't have tried to book him so strong. Dude no-sold everything.
Talk about people exposing the business

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Edge & Christian posted:

Also in this scenario Boomhauer is the either Ultimate Warrior or Ahmed Johnson.

Boomhauer is nigh incomprehensible, is a serious ladies man, and is the most athletic of the group.

Boomhauer is Scott Steiner.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Amazing

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Without looking, I'm setting the over/under on people not getting it and seriously telling Punk he stole the GTS from KENTA at eleventy billion.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

kdrudy posted:

Very quirky ring psychology.

Great entrance music, though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

sticklefifer posted:

Without looking, I'm setting the over/under on people not getting it and seriously telling Punk he stole the GTS from KENTA at eleventy billion.

How soon we forget the Pepsi Plunge

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Good luck when Lars and Gene find you.

So revised Anderson list:

1: Neo
2: Silva
3: Arn
4: Karl
5: Cooper
6: Varejao
7: CW
8: Lars
9: Gene
10: Ole
11: Wes

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

C. Everett Koop posted:

So revised Anderson list:

1: Neo
2: Silva
3: Arn
4: Karl
5: Cooper
6: Varejao
7: CW
8: Lars
9: Gene
10: Ole
11: Wes

∞+1: Ken

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

ole anderson was a treasure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ijq-DsAUEas

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
"Kamikaze" Ken Anderson

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Somebody tweet Road Dogg or TNA

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Seeing as the James Gang was an actual, historical thing, I don't think you can copyright it, can you?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Seeing as the James Gang was an actual, historical thing, I don't think you can copyright it, can you?

I think you can copyright it in wrestling contexts? Maybe?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It was also a band.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Teddy Long sounds like a chill mother fucker.

Edit: Also, gently caress Ric Flair apparently.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Context aside, who knew Teddy could tell such an engaging story off the cuff like that? Too bad it's a YouShoot.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Context aside, who knew Teddy could tell such an engaging story off the cuff like that? Too bad it's a YouShoot.

What do you mean? Teddy Long was on either Austin or Cornette's podcast last year and he told entertaining stories like that for a whole hour.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/590986429972381697

I hope Rusev's face turn is just becoming a goon who loves basketball and fight games and periodically kicks John Cena in the penis.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
If you wanted to, you could totally trademark James Gang as a wrestling brand/stable. There are live trademarks out there for "James Gang" as the name of a printer in California and a line of barbecue/salsa condiments. I don't see one regarding wrestling, but at the same time trademarks really only forbid you from using those terms on advertisements specifically for wrestling products. No idea if Twitter counts, or if there's even been precedence set for that.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Nessus posted:

I hope Rusev's face turn is just becoming a goon who loves basketball and fight games and periodically kicks John Cena in the penis.

This is where you tap out.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Nessus posted:

I bet he mains Johnny Cage.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Everyone should be free to use the "James Gang" name in wrestling, as long as they use the absolutely horrendous "JAMES GANG, BIA BIA" theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLa6UCtYNxM

Every James/Gunn theme in TNA was somehow worse than the last. It defies belief.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Big Show appreciates Kevin Owens' bullying chops

https://twitter.com/WWETheBigShow/status/591389414200344576

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
dunno why really but I found big show's profile pic (a gym selfie) utterly pathetic

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Dolph continues to give no fucks at the expense of his career

"I've got the boyz to make the noize! Years in the marking, almost as long as we've been waiting for you to connect! Trust me, he connects. Frustrated, outdated, I really wanna be overrated. Overachievement and charisma almost equal being tall and wearing marital beads on your mouth, yet I'm the one with the attitude problem. It's not `what can the system do for you,' it's `what can you do for the system'. You've got 5 months to prove that "I" need "YOU" This is for everyone screwed over bc they did what they weren't supposed to, GET OVER it, you mad, bro? sad for a guy who never loses. BTW haven't you kissed enough rear end, fella? Bang your head."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It sounds bad until you realize that Dolph's new gimmick is a sentient Youtube comment.