Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
Part 4 is also Araki's favorite part, apparently. I'd be really surprised if it didn't get an adaption simply on that basis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I've linked this before, but just for you I'll do it again...but basically, yeah.

The numbers are interesting, if a bit depressing, but goddamn that fan hearsay is poo poo. People seem to love perpetuating weird rumors that make Japan seem weird or hosed up.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I'm laughing at those people saying Lucy Steel wasn't an Action Girl.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aurain posted:

The JoJo anthology songs volume 1 is out now, sung by Tommy. It has 4 songs and their Karaoke versions. They're also rather awesome.
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=MED-CD2-17896

Crossquoting myself because I want to highlight how great these tracks are and hope that they are played at the right parts of the anime.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Oh, while we're at it Steel Ball Run should use Carry on Wayward Son. Imagine it starting just after Gyro dies.

I'mm really surprised we don't already have a stand called "Wayward Son". It seems like a perfect name.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Wayward Son would be stellar for the latter half of SBR, but the first half needs America's Horse with No Name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naehMUQpQY

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

darealkooky posted:

If part 5 ending isn't gangsters paradise I will personally mail a letterbomb to david production
it will be this instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBwAxmrE194

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!
Y'all need to stop making poo poo up.

Also part 3 is selling OK considering its popularity. Averaging 8-9k per volume. It's less than parts 1-2 which sold around the 16k mark for vol.1 and dropped off a bit after a while. But the volumes are sold at a higher price point.

Uznare fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 22, 2015

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also, keep in mind the Part 3 anime wasn't announced until a few months after season 1 ended, so Part 4's existence isn't really going to be an issue for a while.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I cannot wait to see the shrinking height of some of the part 4 villains animated.

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.
Supposedly the tornado stand (used by Aishou Dainenjiyama in the latest chapter) is named...

Doobie Wow

Stoph fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 22, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bonewitch posted:

Part 4 is also Araki's favorite part, apparently. I'd be really surprised if it didn't get an adaption simply on that basis.

unless Araki's going to fund the part 4 anime himself (he won't because that's a stupid amount of money he'd have to spend) that doesn't matter worth a hill of wet poo poo. the problem's not getting Araki to sign off on the part four adaptation, it's getting enough money to pay the studio.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder if they'll remove the plothole near the beginning of part 5 if it gets animated

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

fwiw i think part 4's going to happen because the sales figures have been pretty solid so far and I'm sure the dio's mansion discs are going to have a pretty big sales spike because DIO. it just probably won't have the stupidly high budget that SC had, probably something closer to battle tendency

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Ekusukariba posted:

I wonder if they'll remove the plothole near the beginning of part 5 if it gets animated

If you're talking about the Black Sabbath fight, that wasn't a plothole.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Do you think Jolyne ever had to babysit the invisible baby when she was a kid?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

MelvinBison posted:

If you're talking about the Black Sabbath fight, that wasn't a plothole.

Really? What's the explanation? Honestly curious

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Do you think Jolyne ever had to babysit the invisible baby when she was a kid?

Doubt it, she couldn't have been more than a couple of years older than the baby.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ekusukariba posted:

Really? What's the explanation? Honestly curious

What plothole?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

What plothole?

Black sabbath stabs gold experience with a stand arrow during the fight

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jolyne is 19 in 2011, which means she was born in 92. She'd have been 7 during Part 4.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Ekusukariba posted:

Black sabbath stabs gold experience with a stand arrow during the fight

The arrow did not deem Giorno worthy yet, which is why it didn't evolve into Gold Experience Requiem.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Waffleman_ posted:

Jolyne is 19 in 2011, which means she was born in 92. She'd have been 7 during Part 4.
So Jotaro had a kid but never talked about her once.

...Yeah, that sounds about right.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

The arrow did not deem Giorno worthy yet, which is why it didn't evolve into Gold Experience Requiem.

It's this. There's a lot of talk in Parts 4 and 5 about being chosen by the arrow, so basically Giorno wasn't deemed worthy until he went through all his character development. Granted, I'm using "character development" kind of loosely here since it's Giorno we're talking about. I blame the translation.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

And with the timeframe, he was probably going through grad school with a daughter to feed. That's rough.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

To be fair, he only ever really opens his mouth to lay down some sick one-liners.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Time to repost Little Jolyne goes to Morioh:

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/jojos-bizarre-adventure-little-jolyne-goes-to-morioh-doujinshi-r12102

EDIT: Apparently there's a sequel, but there's only a Spanish translation so far.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm glad someone made this cause Jolyne definitely channels her uncle Josuke a few times in Part 6

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Waffleman_ posted:

And with the timeframe, he was probably going through grad school with a daughter to feed. That's rough.

On the other hand, Jotaro comes from a wealthy family so he probably didn't have to worry too much about raising her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Great, now I'm imagining Speedwagon Foundation guys babysitting her.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

That's a bad thing?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

That is the cutest possible use of time stop ever holy poo poo.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Oh, while we're at it Steel Ball Run should use Carry on Wayward Son. Imagine it starting just after Gyro dies.
But that's already been an ED in an anime!

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Million Ghosts posted:

That is the cutest possible use of time stop ever holy poo poo.

What happened? I didn't get what was going on.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Kunster posted:

What happened? I didn't get what was going on.

He stops time so no one sees him blush when his daughter says "I love you" and gives him a kiss.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

He's wearing the dolphin heart badge she got him, and I'm not budging on this :colbert:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm so glad Steel Ball Run made a Stand out of the Honest Axe fable.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Sugar Mountain is probably my favorite arc in the entire series.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

sugar mountain is really insanely good and the ending shot with johnny and gyro sharing a bottle of wine in the snow is so great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

Sugar Mountain is probably my favorite arc in the entire series.

It's also got the shoot-out with Tattoo You, which is one of the greatest fights in that arc... hell, the entire series. Just an incredibly one-sided, super-brutal showdown with bullets flying everywhere. It's the classic Western gunfight, only there's dudes who rotate bullets so perfectly they create wormholes their arms can travel through. And a bitter-sweet ending.

...man, Part 7 kinda blindsided me with the sudden inclusion of guns. We got some REALLY good fights out of it, even.

• Locked thread