Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electromax
May 6, 2007
I think we basically just saw the Ultron tie-in. I'm thinking they head to Strucker's winter castle, possibly rescue Skye or show-relevant characters, notice the twins from AoU and maybe other powered people being experiments, Coulson calls in Avengers to get 'em.

Provides another piece to the RealShield/Coulson debate puzzle when true atrocities to powered people might be uncovered, provides an easy path toward releasing more powered people in bulk if they want to move toward an Avengers Academy show (if it's Bobbi and Hunter who run it or something), and lets the Afterlife crew get nice and riled up at Skye's military involvement. After her mom's little pep talk about how she doesn't care about the humans, feels like Skye might end up closer to the Cal end of the loyalty spectrum than Jiayang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spergatory posted:

Jiaying probably just told him. I mean, we never see it happen, but if she's sending the guy to keep tabs on Skye and Cal, he's obviously someone Jiaying trusts a lot.

Except he was off the grid this episode and not where he was supposed to be. Also he said he had not gone through the mist yet, and has a power.

He's definitely not on the level.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Space Pussy posted:

Ward definitely elevates the show, sorry, but it's true. I really hope he doesn't go to the magical place.

Facial acting was amazing all around this episode. Jemma's sassy disapproval face/tone is a close second to Dalton's murder face.

Jemma's face acting is always good, she's got some field operative sass now though. I'd take Jemma in the Bobbi & Hunter Power Hour.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Blazing Ownager posted:

Except he was off the grid this episode and not where he was supposed to be. Also he said he had not gone through the mist yet, and has a power.

I think you've misinterpreted some scenes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Blazing Ownager posted:

Of course he's been through the mist, buddy. He's a transitioner.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Blazing Ownager posted:

I think you're getting Lincoln and Ethan confused. Lincoln is Skye's transitioner, has electric/telekinetic powers after going through the mist, and knows that Jiaying is Skye's mother. Her and Gordon tasked him with tailing Skye and her dad. Ethan was the random inhuman from a previous episode who hadn't gone through the mists yet, and announced that Gordon was dropping him off somewhere so he could go backpacking. Today's episode revealed that Hydra picked him up shortly afterwards and he ended up as a corpse in their lab, and meanwhile Jiaying and Gordon were worrying that they hadn't heard back from him.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Blazing Ownager posted:

You're really bad at tv.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I actaully really like having a legit HYDRA evil threat for SHIELD/REALSHIELD to unite against because the infighting was kind of getting old and has to conclude eventually without more development/distraction. I mean even Coulson can only play the game so long when even May doesn't support him.

Please give us more Fitz in the field. Fitz in the field is loving awesome.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Having Skye's pseudo-boyfriend turn out to be an evil mole AGAIN would be super dumb. The obvious next step in her character would be to give her an actual decent boyfriend... and then murder him. :unsmigghh:

EDIT:

notthegoatseguy posted:

I actaully really like having a legit HYDRA evil threat for SHIELD/REALSHIELD to unite against because the infighting was kind of getting old and has to conclude eventually without more development/distraction. I mean even Coulson can only play the game so long when even May doesn't support him.

Please give us more Fitz in the field. Fitz in the field is loving awesome.

I dunno, I like Good vs Good conflicts. The most dangerous people are the ones who think they're right.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Did I misunderstand something or did Fitz notice that someone was hacking into Deathlok?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

double nine posted:

Did I misunderstand something or did Fitz notice that someone was hacking into Deathlok?

Yes Fitz noticed someone was hacking into the feed.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

Yes Fitz noticed someone was hacking into the feed.

But they haven't followed up on that (yet)?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

double nine posted:

But they haven't followed up on that (yet)?

Holy poo poo it was Simmons. And they followed up on it when Simmons saw Ward and Coulson together through Deathlok's camera.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

mikeraskol posted:

I think this is right. Potential AoS as well as AoU spoiler: In an interview, Jed Whedon said that as a part of Maria Hill's cameo in AoS, she takes a piece of information from the show and brings it to the movie.

I've seen the movie and I have literally no idea what that could possibly have referred to.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

mikeraskol posted:

Holy poo poo it was Simmons. And they followed up on it when Simmons saw Ward and Coulson together through Deathlok's camera.

I know. But Fitz hasn't done anything with that info yet. No text message through deth's eyeballs communications, no trying to block it, no "this isn't what it looks like" etc.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Spergatory posted:

Having Skye's pseudo-boyfriend turn out to be an evil mole AGAIN would be super dumb. The obvious next step in her character would be to give her an actual decent boyfriend... and then murder him. :unsmigghh:

Haha I just remembered that in the comic that is what happens with her boyfriend. He ended up being blackmailed by Hydra, so Nick Fury killed him.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Dan Didio posted:

I've seen the movie and I have literally no idea what that could possibly have referred to.

Probably because the episode in which that happens is next week or the week after and she'll say "I am taking this piece of information to the Avengers!" and in the movie it was probably just a bit of exposition or something with no reference to AoS at all which is to be expected.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Martout posted:

Probably because the episode in which that happens is next week or the week after and she'll say "I am taking this piece of information to the Avengers!" and in the movie it was probably just a bit of exposition or something with no reference to AoS at all which is to be expected.

Well, there are literally no references to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. in the movie at all. Now I think about it, there's one bit of semi-exposition she gives at one point that could fit the bill, but it's something that I have literally no idea how it could serve a role in an episode of this.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

double nine posted:

I know. But Fitz hasn't done anything with that info yet. No text message through deth's eyeballs communications, no trying to block it, no "this isn't what it looks like" etc.

Pretty sure it's a contributor to Coulson turning himself in to REALSHIELD at the end, along with all of the poo poo hitting the fan. It'll be brought up again in the next episode, I imagine.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
AOU spoilers

It opens with the avengers raiding a Hydra facility. It never explains how they found out about it, presumably the information Maria takes to the avengers is where it is and that it's bad

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Haha I just remembered that in the comic that is what happens with her boyfriend. He ended up being blackmailed by Hydra, so Nick Fury killed him.

But then she ends up dating the superspy magician who can alter reality so it all works out.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

ShineDog posted:

AOU spoilers

It opens with the avengers raiding a Hydra facility. It never explains how they found out about it, presumably the information Maria takes to the avengers is where it is and that it's bad

Haha, if that's what it actually ends up being, then that's really tenuous and makes the movie basically ignoring the show even funnier.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

muscles like this? posted:

But then she ends up dating the superspy magician who can alter reality so it all works out.

Now she is dating/hanging with the Winter Soldier.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
We won't be getting significant in-movie references to AoS and I think deep down we all know that by now?

Maybe not considering how bad some people are at understanding what is actually happening on their TVs :kiddo:

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

double nine posted:

My bad, at this point I assume most people in this thread are dumb and I thought you meant did they follow up and show who was hacking Deathlok. Apologies!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Poor Mike asking about the face mask.

I'm pretty sure the surgery to repair his face already exists in normal medicine. I guess SHIELD doesn't have health insurance.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I'm pretty sure the surgery to repair his face already exists in normal medicine. I guess SHIELD doesn't have health insurance.

I hear Hydra had a pretty good incentives package!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

Or any more of those masks apparently.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Ambivalent posted:

I hear Hydra had a pretty good incentives package!

Their retirement plan is to die for

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Now that Lincoln's been taken by Hydra I'm revising my opinion on him: I reckon he was totally on the level, a nice sweet inhuman friend of Skye's. Who's now about to have really horrible poo poo happen to him. :gibs:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Something just struck me: the Tahiti program(-me?) was brought up again this episode, and in my opinion that means it's going to be used. Now Ward is too effective a wild card for the writers to mindwipe, but there is someone else who would benefit from a mindwipe: Cal. I think the final episode he's going to get his mind wiped so he finally gets rid of that bitter rage. Especially because it seems like the writers have run out of ideas of what to do with him and it's the best bitter-sweet ending for him.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cal getting mind wiped on his good side, and having furious Coulson rage when he turns. Would be pretty funny.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I have a feeling Cal is going to die. Mostly because of the other project he'll be going to work on, but I supposed they could just write him off for a while.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Actually, the obvious question is how Coulson suddenly has access to the TAHITI program. As far as we're aware, the only mind-rewriting medical theatre was located in the GH bunker, and that got blowed the hell up.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

bio347 posted:

Actually, the obvious question is how Coulson suddenly has access to the TAHITI program. As far as we're aware, the only mind-rewriting medical theatre was located in the GH bunker, and that got blowed the hell up.

He might not have access and is bluffing. Or he might have the information to rebuild the mind-rewriting part from Fury's toolbox.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rocksicles posted:

Cal getting mind wiped on his good side, and having furious Coulson rage when he turns. Would be pretty funny.

Or the mindwipe goes horribly wrong and he finally goes full Jekyl/Hyde.

I love this show because you can't discount any possibility that sounds plausible because you never know which ones will get used. :allears:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Mind Wipe completely wipes out everything. That he has a daughter everything. He's just a doctor in Milwaukee.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

double nine posted:

Something just struck me: the Tahiti program(-me?) was brought up again this episode, and in my opinion that means it's going to be used. Now Ward is too effective a wild card for the writers to mindwipe, but there is someone else who would benefit from a mindwipe: Cal. I think the final episode he's going to get his mind wiped so he finally gets rid of that bitter rage. Especially because it seems like the writers have run out of ideas of what to do with him and it's the best bitter-sweet ending for him.

That Tahiti poo poo was hilarious in a bad way. Yea Ward just let me mind rape you as thanks for helping me.

Burn down shield. Both of them.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Martout posted:

We won't be getting significant in-movie references to AoS and I think deep down we all know that by now?

Do we really need one? The Winter Soldier tie-in was just an excuse for the show to really start telling a good story, the show is really good right now and there really is no reason to interrupt that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Oasx posted:

Do we really need one? The Winter Soldier tie-in was just an excuse for the show to really start telling a good story, the show is really good right now and there really is no reason to interrupt that.

Yeah, if they have to rely on every movie event to function as a game-changer it comes across as a storytelling crutch. I'm fine with a small mention, or even MCU material that makes into the show that functions organically, like how Lady Sif pops in once in a while.

• Locked thread