Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

GutBomb posted:

I get a crash on the released version every time I scroll to the bottom of a rap sheet.

Just pushed a little fix for that, should be in the next beta/release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
Remember a while back my phone ran out of credit and I had some problems with the app? We left it here:

pokeyman posted:

I think I know why the current code doesn't handle it, and I think I have a solution that will fix it. But if you can somehow manage to get the HTTP headers from the response that you got from your service provider (I dunno how but maybe someone else knows a way?) that would help confirm my hypothesis.

I'm now in a position to give you some more information!

Current behaviour (app store release version):

On mobile data:
- Forum lists/bookmarks simply don't update.
- Trying to open any thread crashes the app.

On wifi:
- Forum lists/bookmarks remain broken if I previously tried to refresh them on mobile data. Anything I didn't try to refresh on mobile data works fine.
- I can open all threads normally, regardless of whether I tried to open them on mobile data.

I've looked at the HTTP response headers using HttpWatch. It looks like my mobile provider decided to implement their "hey give us more money" feature by responding to all HTTP requests with a 301 Moved Permanently (!) that points to http://mbbinfo.three.co.uk/payg_voice_data_usage1.html.

Anything else it would be useful for me to check before I top up?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Soricidus posted:

Remember a while back my phone ran out of credit and I had some problems with the app? We left it here:

Current behaviour (app store release version):

On mobile data:
- Forum lists/bookmarks simply don't update.
- Trying to open any thread crashes the app.

On wifi:
- Forum lists/bookmarks remain broken if I previously tried to refresh them on mobile data. Anything I didn't try to refresh on mobile data works fine.
- I can open all threads normally, regardless of whether I tried to open them on mobile data.

I've looked at the HTTP response headers using HttpWatch. It looks like my mobile provider decided to implement their "hey give us more money" feature by responding to all HTTP requests with a 301 Moved Permanently (!) that points to http://mbbinfo.three.co.uk/payg_voice_data_usage1.html.

Anything else it would be useful for me to check before I top up?

Can you use messages?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

if someone has a long name it pushes their avatar to a seperate line and looks kinda lovely.

see:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712267&perpage=40&pagenumber=10#post444078905

e: only happens in default yospos and amberpos themes actually.

baram. fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 21, 2015

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Subjunctive posted:

Can you use messages?

PMs? If so I'm not sure I'm afraid. I had them turned off, so I enabled them on my PC and went back into the app to try them, but I couldn't see how, so I figured maybe I needed to log out and in again for it to notice, and now awful won't let me log in for some reason even though I'm on wifi and I've checked my password like three times, so ... :/

e: reinstalling the app fixed that. PM situation: PM list behaves like bookmarks, so never updates if I've tried to open it over mobile data and presumably gotten the "hey give us money" screen cached. Individual PMs don't seem to crash the app maybe, just open up blank?

Soricidus fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Apr 21, 2015

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

I'm also getting the imgur crashing bug while posting. It spins for a while, then crashes out pretty late in the posting process.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Subjunctive posted:

Just pushed a little fix for that, should be in the next beta/release.

:tipshat:

Soricidus posted:

Cool, thanks. I'll take a look and holler if I need anything else. Feel free to top up on the data though, it might be awhile before I get to it.

baram. posted:

if someone has a long name it pushes their avatar to a seperate line and looks kinda lovely.

Will take a look!

Vegastar posted:

I'm also getting the imgur crashing bug while posting. It spins for a while, then crashes out pretty late in the posting process.

Try the newest beta and lemme know.

pokeyman fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 22, 2015

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

pokeyman posted:

Try the newest beta and lemme know.

Testing with a dumb image of a goat:

Edit: it worked! Hooray!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Beta folks pls bang on show-in-thread (from just-their-posts view) and lmk if anything untoward occurs.

The Dave/pokeyman: do we want a new icon for show-in-thread?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Yeah, photo stuff is working well it seems. :golfclap:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

pokeyman posted:

Will take a look!

it's because the font + platinum icon are slightly larger on the default font in the 'pos.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Should we even bother rendering the plat icon in yospos, since you can't see it and it's an egalitarian paradise?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

Beta folks pls bang on show-in-thread (from just-their-posts view) and lmk if anything untoward occurs.

doesn't seem to be causing any trouble. Went through a couple pages and checked them out. Forwarded correctly with nothing broken.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Subjunctive posted:

Should we even bother rendering the plat icon in yospos, since you can't see it and it's an egalitarian paradise?

you can see it that user actually doesn't have it I think.. it's a large keyboard compared to the grenade though.

e: never mind it's still the grenade, just mostly non visible. I'm not sure what the keyboard icon is.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

baram. posted:

you can see it that user actually doesn't have it I think.. it's a large keyboard compared to the grenade though.

OK, I'll dick with the CSS or something, see if I can avoid making it worse.

pokeyman: what you wanna do about the quoting stuff?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

pokeyman: what you wanna do about the quoting stuff?

Oh yeah, sorry. I don't really care one way or another. I'm happy going back to "wait for the quote to load". We should probably throw a spinner up until it arrives.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

pokeyman posted:

Oh yeah, sorry. I don't really care one way or another. I'm happy going back to "wait for the quote to load". We should probably throw a spinner up until it arrives.

OK, if I end up running any long training jobs tomorrow I'll take a look.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is empty space between posts a new thing or have I just never noticed it before ? I don't like it too much 😢

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is empty space between posts a new thing or have I just never noticed it before ? I don't like it too much 😢

Screenshot?

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

I think it's been there for about 18 months now. Whenever the iOS 7 redesign came out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Subjunctive posted:

Screenshot?

I'm trying to post one but I think it just led me to discovering another bug: I can't seem to add an image after I quote a post !

No idea how I never noticed it if it's been there for so long !

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I'm trying to post one but I think it just led me to discovering another bug: I can't seem to add an image after I quote a post !

No idea how I never noticed it if it's been there for so long !

that's loving weird

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I can't seem to post images at all now :confused: I'll restart the app...

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

same, something gets screwed after the first upload or something?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Also it'd be good if there was an italic option in the format menu and also if it scrolled back the the start after pressing right so many times instead of disappearing 😊

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mr. Apollo posted:

Sometimes I'll have a forum expanded to show its sub-forums. If I exit the app and come back sometimes the "show sub-forums" icon is pointing down yet the sub-forums are not expanded out. It seems to be dependant on the length of time between exiting the app and starting it again. If I tap the icon it'll reset itself. Taping it a second time correctly expands the sub-forums.

Here's a screenshot showing what I mean. Look at the icon next to Serious Hardware / Software Crap.

This happens to me too. It's not a huge deal, but it's annoying!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Also it'd be good if there was an italic option in the format menu and also if it scrolled back the the start after pressing right so many times instead of disappearing 😊

There used to be one, and now it's gone. I was about to post asking where it had vanished to.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

This app is really good, but for some reason it bookmarked GiP and when I try to click the red "delete" button it closes the app. Does this mean I have to enlist? :ohdear:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

Oh gently caress by the way I know what I want this to look like I just haven't gotten to it yet.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Loucks posted:

This app is really good, but for some reason it bookmarked GiP and when I try to click the red "delete" button it closes the app. Does this mean I have to enlist? :ohdear:

Trying to remove bookmarked forums crashes the app on latest beta too.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

When opening any image the image seems to be at full size and will not scale at all. Large images open zoomed in and I can only scroll around.

This is on an updated 5s with the current beta. I tried reinstalling but that didn't work.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Snowy posted:

When opening any image the image seems to be at full size and will not scale at all. Large images open zoomed in and I can only scroll around.

This is on an updated 5s with the current beta. I tried reinstalling but that didn't work.

I'll take a look!

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Hey beta peeps, can you see if the [img] menu item works correctly when quoting/editing/posting? I didn't specifically do anything to try to fix it, but I did fix some other weirdness and I'm wondering if it fixed that issue too. I can't seem to reproduce it anymore.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Cat test.

Edit: cat test #2

Vegastar fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 27, 2015

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Vegastar posted:

Cat test.

Cat test #3 is failing. Trying to use the [img] menu while quoting this post is resulting in nothing at all. I can't open the menu for camera roll or taking a photo.

Cat test #4:
Can't edit a photo in either. Something about quoting an image may be breaking it.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Vegastar posted:

Cat test #3 is failing. Trying to use the [img] menu while quoting this post is resulting in nothing at all. I can't open the menu for camera roll or taking a photo.

Cat test #4:
Can't edit a photo in either. Something about quoting an image may be breaking it.

Quoting a post with an image worked for me in the test post thread :shrug:.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Vegastar posted:

Cat test.

dog test

quoting a post with pics and uploading worked this time.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

baram. posted:

dog test

quoting a post with pics and uploading worked this time.

And if I try to quote you it also seems to work. Self quoting may be the problem. I'll try it real quick.

Yeah, self quoting looks like it's the issue. I'm not sure how often that would even happen, but I get booted to a completely different tap menu if I'm quoting myself vs someone else.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Thanks for narrowing that down! Super weird, I'll take a look hopefully tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Alright I doubt I fixed the [img] submenu thing but give it a try anyway.

• Locked thread