Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

GuavaMoment posted:

It didn't trick Randy hard, he had a pretty good idea it was fake. That 'shocked' look on his face came from earlier in the tribal in response to something unrelated. Welcome to Survivor editing.

Oh man, that's what I get for never reading/listening/watching anything outside of what's on the actual show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It's hard to imagine anybody but Mike getting the power at the auction. He is going to $500 immediately and snag it. The only hope is that it is covered and not obvious that it is an advantage.

Braggo
Jul 26, 2005

blue squares posted:

It's hard to imagine anybody but Mike getting the power at the auction. He is going to $500 immediately and snag it. The only hope is that it is covered and not obvious that it is an advantage.

Probst said it was something everyone else wouldn't know about unless they are told about it by the person who has it so I don't see how it'll be obvious.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

DoggPickle posted:

It's a cycle for sure. Will people respect my cunning and smart double-dealing in the end?, or will they act like total brat bitches at the final vote? (I'm still REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY against Ponderosa and the bitter party it perpetuates) It also depends a lot on how many players have actually been watching for the last couple years, and how many of them are just hot baristas from SoCal that have neer seen Survivor in their lives.

There hasn't been a bitter jury since like... Nicaragua

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Braggo posted:

Probst said it was something everyone else wouldn't know about unless they are told about it by the person who has it so I don't see how it'll be obvious.

It'll be obvious because jeff will announce that it is advantage and whoever says 500 first gets it. That's all I meant

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I hope it's the first covered item brought out. The earlier the better.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Lone Goat posted:

There hasn't been a bitter jury since like... Nicaragua

yeah, not everybody gets bitter in a single season. I still am really against the jurors talking to each other, because even though "most" people won't change their minds, there's still the potential for basically a part 3 shadow game that we never see. The only thing keeping it from being a legitimate strategy to send your best friend to your jury, is the prohibition against sharing prize money.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

This was the big fear for Blood vs. Water when Luara was on Redemption Island for ~15 days making friends while Ciera was still in the game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On episode 2 of Marquesas. I hope this season gets better. :ohdear:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Just watch Radio Marquesas on YouTube and skip to the next season

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Met posted:

On episode 2 of Marquesas. I hope this season gets better. :ohdear:

Oh my heck

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I made it through Star Trek Voyager, I can make it through these...

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hiding a Marquesas moment from Met: You guys want some of my mint?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm compelled to open spoilers. I have no idea what that's all about.

Oh man, Thailand is after this one. Is that one any good? I'm most looking forward to Amazon in the immediate future.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Met posted:

I'm compelled to open spoilers. I have no idea what that's all about.

Oh man, Thailand is after this one. Is that one any good? I'm most looking forward to Amazon in the immediate future.

It's just a dumb thing that somebody said to other people after they won a reward, heh.

Thailand is hot garbage but has one (two?) of the funniest moments ever just based on complete absurdity. Amazon is awesome.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ha, some guy is begging the tribe to pee on his hand.

I actually have a lot to catch up on. I think I'll appreciate Season 31 all the more if it actually is a returnee season if I can muscle through everything else.

Borneo
Australian Outback
Africa

Marquesas
Thailand
Amazon
Pearl Islands
All-Stars (saw it on first run, going to rewatch anyway)
Vanuatu
Palau
Guatamala
Panama
Cook Islands
China
Micronesia

Fiji
Gabon
Brazil
Samoa
Heroes vs Villains
Nicaragua
Redemption Island
South Pacific
One World
Philippines
Caramoan
Blood vs Water
Cagayan
San Juan del Sur
World's Apart

There's at least a few in there that I hear all the time as being pretty good. :v:

Zesty fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 21, 2015

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Holy carp! Sometimes I feel stupid for not having this encyclopedic memory of every season that some people manage to have, but looking at that list and realizing I've seen them ALL, every episode (besides fiji), basically LIVE, no wonder I can't keep all this poo poo straight. And now I have genuine concern for the people who can. :lol: How the heck do you guys do that?? :)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Boston Rob Tribe lost their third straight immunity. I suspect a tribe switch soon!

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

blue squares posted:

I bet Mike and Shirin will both bid $500 and it will go to rocks like Tony/Spencer in Cagayan.

What would be interesting if there are two advantages at the auction. A first one which is an Immunity challenge advantage or an Idol clue, and a second which is the power. In that case, if anything Jeff says hints at the second better advantage during the first, I wouldn't be surprised if Shirin picks up on it and waits and lets Mike waste his money on the first.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Ha, some guy is begging the tribe to pee on his hand.

There are two reasons to watch Marquesas, this is the first :allears:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Rarity posted:

There are two reasons to watch Marquesas, this is the first :allears:

Kathy Vavrick Obrien is reason enough to watch Marquesas. I've never seen such a redemption arc in the history of the show. She went from being ostracized by her original tribe and sure to be the next to go, somehow making it by the skin of her teeth every week, and made it to the final three (of a final (terrible) 2 season).

It also shows the first of (4 ugh) Boston Rob season. People could see through his bullshit, and I'm not even sure if he made it through to the jury. But then he was the first two ever take advantage of his real life relationships off the show with the fellow players, this was when Survivor was the number one show on tv, and use unlike anyone else on the show did to secure himself the 2nd and 1st places (because he carried the undeserving Amber to that victory).

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Apr 21, 2015

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Met doesn't already know what happens, might want to spoiler that first paragraph.

Also Marquesas is pretty okay, Thailand is pretty bad, Amazon is great.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Met posted:

Most would agree that Amazon is 150 to 200% better than Thailand.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

DoggPickle posted:

Holy carp! Sometimes I feel stupid for not having this encyclopedic memory of every season that some people manage to have, but looking at that list and realizing I've seen them ALL, every episode (besides fiji), basically LIVE, no wonder I can't keep all this poo poo straight. And now I have genuine concern for the people who can. :lol: How the heck do you guys do that?? :)

I am in this exact boat. I have seen pretty much every episode of Survivor live, probably have only missed less than 10 episodes across the entire thing from the very first episode to right now. And I cannot remember anything from past seasons except the biggest moments and the best people. I'm probably due a re-watch from the top.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nihonniboku posted:

Kathy Vavrick Obrien is reason enough to watch Marquesas. I've never seen such a redemption arc in the history of the show. She went from being ostracized by her original tribe and sure to be the next to go, somehow making it by the skin of her teeth every week, and made it to the final three (of a final (terrible) 2 season).

It also shows the first of (4 ugh) Boston Rob season. People could see through his bullshit, and I'm not even sure if he made it through to the jury. But then he was the first two ever take advantage of his real life relationships off the show with the fellow players, this was when Survivor was the number one show on tv, and use unlike anyone else on the show did to secure himself the 2nd and 1st places (because he carried the undeserving Amber to that victory).

The second thing was Kathy bringing down the Rotu 4, I think that covers your first part :colbert:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

"Danger" Dave Ball from Samoa did a great AMA on reddit yesterday: http://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/33escp/danger_dave_ball_ama/

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Heh, I guess he's going to be on the returning player ballot.

Edit: Reading the AMA he says definitely not, but, hmm.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 22, 2015

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Fast Luck posted:

Heh, I guess he's going to be on the returning player ballot.

Edit: Reading the AMA he says definitely not, but, hmm.

He is gonna be on next allstars for sure.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sand Monster posted:

"Danger" Dave Ball from Samoa did a great AMA on reddit yesterday: http://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/33escp/danger_dave_ball_ama/

Shocking, he's still a whiny shithead. Who could have seen that coming?

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Watch the first 7 episodes of Thailand and then skip the rest.

Amazon is awesome

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Thailand had the best final immunity challenge.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
If you've seen All-Stars once and are intent on catching up quickly you should probably think twice about rewatching, though not watching that season is just good advice in general for anyone

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just want a youtube channel that hosts all of the really long, grueling challenges so I can watch people suffer for hours

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO

blue squares posted:

I just want a youtube channel that hosts all of the really long, grueling challenges so I can watch people suffer for hours

turn on Survivor:Nicaragua and get a mirror

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Previously on...

Survivor!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Previously on...

Survivor!

edit - drat you Poque, I was trying to snipe you! :argh:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Sweet we're going right into strategy talk. LIVE, JENN, MY QUEEN!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Tyler are you seriously wearing those shoes STILL?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Holy poo poo auction right away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Trader Jeff's!

• Locked thread