Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Kalli posted:

Richie Incognito pacing around the Thunderdome waiting for someone to face him.

I immediately thought of Thunderdome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

quality news organization posted:

Dallas Cowboys Honored For Helping Reintegrate Criminals Back Into NFL

DALLAS—Praising the organization for their refusal to turn their backs on those with a troubled past, the ACLU honored the Dallas Cowboys Wednesday for their ongoing efforts to reintegrate criminals back into the NFL. “We would like to recognize the Dallas Cowboys for their long history of providing an avenue to ex-convicts who are simply seeking a second chance at life as a professional football player,” said ACLU spokesman Carl Holmes, adding that, for over three decades, the team has helped those facing the stigma and legal constraints of a recent felony conviction find paying work as linebackers, offensive linemen, and wide receivers. “Too often, these men have been abandoned by society and left with nowhere to turn, but Jerry Jones and his organization have shown they are willing to take the lead and be that beacon of hope for them. The Cowboys have never been afraid to help those with a criminal history move on from their past mistakes and get back onto the field, and that is truly something special.” Holmes added that, without a group like the Cowboys, it is likely that many of the convicted felons would tragically end up either back in prison, dead, or on the Oakland Raiders.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This can't be real.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It's not, or the word "criminals" wouldn't appear.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

This can't be real.

lol

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

It's literally unbelievable.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

this fucker's suspension will be reduced too probably no?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/dallas-cowboys-honored-for-helping-reintegrate-cri,38303/

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Come on you guys should be able to spot an Onion article by now....

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

A Man and his dog posted:

Come on you guys should be able to spot an Onion article by now....

my years in school spent studying Rhetoric have really paid off

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

or post like doltos

My crowning achievement here was making the post that eventually got him so pissed off that he rage quit this forum.

You're welcome TFF.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

whypick1 posted:

My crowning achievement here was making the post that eventually got him so pissed off that he rage quit this forum.

You're welcome TFF.

He's still here though.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

i like doltos

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

The only reason the suspension is ten games is so he can reappear against the panthers... thanks nfl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol if you think Hardy will ever play again.

He'll get into some minor bullshit, probably with Dez Bryant, and be suspended for life.

Sorry Greg, should have gotten everything settled before Ray Rice tried to murder a chick.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Doltos still posts on the forum
but not here (this is in the Crusader Kings 2 aka Medieval murder simulator):

Doltos posted:

Did this game used to have a way to kill your kids? I think it would be totally realistic for my character to kill off his envious, slothful, arbitrary, homosexual, chaste first son if there were 4 more lined up behind him all with promising stats.
Typical Doltos

edit: well that is an odd way for spoilers to work

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Doltos still posts in the draft thread as well

This concludes our need to discuss the posting habits of one Doltos P. Doltos

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
All those bad stats plus two of the worst heir producing stats, yikes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

Doltos still posts in the draft thread as well

This concludes our need to discuss the posting habits of one Doltos P. Doltos
I'm too lazy to read that thread, so I guess thats what I get :v: Sorry I brought it up.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Intruder posted:

A rape joke on a show titled "Inside Amy Schumer" :crossarms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8GR0KDYtNQ

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hardy will have sat out 26 games by the time he suits up. Considering the other punishments handed down for worse crimes that's insane.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Yea but he got paid for 16 of them so what kind of a punishment was it?

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Federal Judge approves NFL concussion settlement.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

NFL is considering moving the Raiders to France.

We all know the Raiders are going to suck anyway, but they still can't surrender.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

football fuckerman posted:

don't understand how he doesn't get time served for last season. it seemed like a de facto suspension

Aldon Smith didn't get credit for the five games he missed in rehab in 2013 after domestic abusing that tree. On the one hand Hardy was on the exempt list which is sort of more discipliney than just being gone on your own volition, on the other hand Aldon was addressing his underlying problem which - lol who loving even knows. Rog does what he wants, and it's p clear Hardy is an outright motherfucker.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ty1990 posted:

i like doltos

I played Diablo 3 a few times with Daltos, he's good people.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Chilichimp posted:

I played Diablo 3 a few times with Daltos, he's good people.

Just don't play as a tricksy Gypsy rogue or he will try to gas you.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

old dog child posted:

Amy Schumer did a funny skit about football and rape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs

Goddamn I wanna watch me some Friday Night Lights now. This perfectly nailed the theme of "the Taylors are the only sane people in the town and also the sounding board for all of the town's problems oh and also football."

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I did the good deed today and called out Winston supporters on FB.

Jesus Christ people really do support / undermine football rape culture.

:ughh:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Pat Tillman was killed by friendly fire 11 years ago today.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I did the good deed today and called out Winston supporters on FB.

Jesus Christ people really do support / undermine football rape culture.

:ughh:

link

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Assassinated by his squad mates to keep him from badmouthing the Bush administration after he got back from deployment.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

BlindSite posted:

Hardy will have sat out 26 games by the time he suits up. Considering the other punishments handed down for worse crimes that's insane.

More selfishly, means we don't get a compensatory pick for him.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Lol. It's not even worth it. ESPN deleted all my good juicy tidbits. Including the VICE article I posted....

Seriously, they don't want this narrative around them at all right now.

You know, that narrative that the 1st RD pick in the NFL raped a chick and got away with it...

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

11 weeks and 3 days ago, Bevell assassinated the Seahawks' Super Bowl repeat.

Lol. It's not even worth it. ESPN deleted all my good juicy tidbits. Including the VICE article I posted....

You know, that narrative that the 1st RD pick in the NFL raped a chick and got away with it...

He raped at least two chicks!:eng101:

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MonsterWalk posted:

Febreeze is correct. Collinsworth is the worst if only for the annual "Big Ben Suckfest" in which his only interest in the game is the Roethlisburger Toe Curl.

i always assumed collinsworth started being nice about the Steelers bc some at network finally said something to him about what used to be non-stop criticism and seething hatred of them. I don't know when he did the heel turn, but I used to hate it when he called Steeler games. He used to be a really bad Cinci homer, so I'm guessing he had to give that up to advance his career

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BlindSite posted:

counterpoint gently caress greg hardy because he's a piece of poo poo

that vice article was horrifying

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i always assumed collinsworth started being nice about the Steelers bc some at network finally said something to him about what used to be non-stop criticism and seething hatred of them. I don't know when he did the heel turn, but I used to hate it when he called Steeler games. He used to be a really bad Cinci homer, so I'm guessing he had to give that up to advance his career

He is right, though, to hate the Steelers.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
SANDWICH MARIOTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsFreeZone
May 31, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

davecrazy posted:

Assassinated by his squad mates to keep him from badmouthing the Bush administration after he got back from deployment.

The crazy part about this post is that I can't even say it is trolling. I'm still not sure why Pat Till man died. But I did see that story where the Cardinals' employee saved his old locker.

Cool stuff, Cards.

• Locked thread