Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

loquacius posted:

I thought that was pretty clearly in reference to Gamzee but I guess there are multiple conclusions she could draw from it

I think she drew all the remotely feasible conclusions from it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Acne Rain posted:

I just don't get why people sometimes ask "but what IS homestuck???". no one asks "but what IS dinosaur comics?" "but what IS xkcd?" or whatever. It's a webcomic. Surely you know what a webcomic is, what are you asking.

I guess they don't know that Homestuck is a webcomic, and they're probably not asking about Dinosaur Comics and xkcd because they're not nearly as popular as Homosuck is.

Gosh golly gee who would have thought Vriska of all people could have a positive effect on people. And it's all thanks to John punching her square in the mouth. Thanks John!

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Toxxupation posted:

well, after years of argument and cajoling my good friend whom i despise has finally convinced me to read this pile of garbage masquerading as a webcomic, so let's see how this nonsense goes

once more into the breach, the homestuck breach

Yay, Toxx is here, break out the party poppers!

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

loquacius posted:

Why exactly did Vriska being alive lead to Dave and Karkat having what appears to be romantic tension rather than just being bros? Like, I guess Vriska cockblocked Terezi in not one but two quadrants, freeing up Dave to explore himself a little?

That's kind of how I interpreted it. Terezi spent enough time hanging out with her Scourge Sister that she didn't hang out with Dave and the Mayor as much, which left a gap that lonely Karkat filled. Note that instead of Karkat jealously watching Dave and Terezi from behind the chest, it's Terezi watching Dave and Karkat. But whereas Karkat had no one to turn to and so went on the huge penis-ouija rant, Terezi had Vriska to commiserate with.

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yay, Toxx is here, break out the party poppers!

I really want to know his reaction to Vriska. Especially considering his reaction to River Song.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Acne Rain posted:

I just don't get why people sometimes ask "but what IS homestuck???". no one asks "but what IS dinosaur comics?" "but what IS xkcd?" or whatever. It's a webcomic. Surely you know what a webcomic is, what are you asking.

That's because those comics are easily recognizable as comics. They have speech bubbles and conventional narrative flow. Those particular examples even have punchlines, usually.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bobulus posted:

I really want to know his reaction to Vriska. Especially considering his reaction to River Song.

Toxx already read all of Homestuck up to early act 6

He even used to post here with the rest of us degenerates

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Also: Loving how we're right back to blaming Vriska for Lord English again. Vriskatime never changes. But for the record, I would still hold Dirk more responsible.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My stupid out there theory: we haven't seen Nepeta's body, ghost, or Fefetasprite (even though Gamzee's face is scratched up) for a reason. We've seen the remains or the ghost ghost of every one of the original trolls except her. Could Roxy, with John's retcon ability (or her own void powers) manages to get Calliope's dream body and prototype herself a Callisprite?

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Really? I'd totally forgotten. Huh.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Horse calendars are up. Updates resume Monday.

Andrew Hussie posted:

As you can see, it is a pretty swift horse schedule, with a couple of horseless weeks mixed in there. You may recall my mnemonic device for remembering the previous M/W/F schedule of Monhay, Wedsneigh, and Frihorse. Now we can add two more to help you remember, Tuesnort, and Thursclop. I understand this comic can get confusing sometimes, so you are definitely going to need those to help guide you on the rest of this journey.

All pages for the above horses have already been drawn. I still have a batch of pages to draw to round out A6A6I5, but not as many as I have already done. I hope that you like it when characters in stories talk to one another, because there's an awful lot of that to come. Please stand by patiently and enthusiastically as my fake teens sit around bullshitting to the bitter end. Then a bunch of cool stuff will happen, and that will be that!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Plom Bar posted:

Also: Loving how we're right back to blaming Vriska for Lord English again. Vriskatime never changes. But for the record, I would still hold Dirk more responsible.

That's alright, just like Vriska, Dirk is also an unthinking monster who has no personality or characteristics beyond hog the spotlight.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Ramos posted:

That's alright, just like Vriska, Dirk is also an unthinking monster who has no personality or characteristics beyond hog the spotlight.

I believe you misspelled "Jake".

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
I'm not okay with Thursday being called Thursclop.

I'm also not okay with not being okay with that.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

loquacius posted:

It kind of isn't, though. Like at this point it's a weird Internet-specific mixed-media piece

Most webcomics don't even have animations, let alone multiple albums' worth of music and claymations etc

This is to say nothing of the thousands and thousands of words of text
Well, even Hussie just calls it a webcomic. It's also becoming more common to add music and flash stuff to webcomics, and it's easier to say than "mixed-media piece."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Nepeta will be crucial in stealing Equius' soul out of Lord English, depriving him of some of his STRONGness attribute.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
WELCOME BACK TO MISTER HUSSIE'S WILD RIDE, THREAD. BACK FROM HIATUS :getin:

Yeah but this flash and the Caliborn intermission have been Peak Homestuck so I can safely say we're back!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it was cool that everyone looked happy and i hope hussie can resist the temptation to reveal that everything secretly sucks

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

McStephenson posted:

I'm not okay with Thursday being called Thursclop.

I'm also not okay with not being okay with that.

The internet giveth too much, the internet taketh away too much

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

loquacius posted:

watched flash, puked, what's up Homestuck thread :v:

The comments on the Instagram page, predictably, are filled with shippers

Also it does kinda bug me that Vriska being around made everything magically better, but I guess everything had to be made better somehow and this is a pretty efficient way of accomplishing it

She even brought back Tavros, poo poo I guess not being killed was the magic bullet she needed to not be completely immune to character growth anymore

e:

It kind of isn't, though. Like at this point it's a weird Internet-specific mixed-media piece

Most webcomics don't even have animations, let alone multiple albums' worth of music and claymations etc

This is to say nothing of the thousands and thousands of words of text

Scott McCloud is putting you on a list right now

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I don't get why everyone thinks that Dave and Karkat are an item all of a sudden. If yall haven't cuddled w your no homo bros while watching dane cook romcoms yall ain't true bros, this is simple poo poo people.

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
I wanna see if I have this straight:

Lil Cal's origin is as a "paradox clone" of B1 Cal: it was an empty shell duplicated when the meteor went through the portal carrying baby Dirk and Lil Cal. It lives with Dirk in B2, descends into the ocean, gets excavated by Caliborn, and then finally serves as a mixing pot of souls: AR, Equius, Caliborn, and half(?) of Gamzee (possibly the MIrthful half?). It disappears into the furthest ring, doing whatever lil cal do. Sometime later, it ends up in Dave's dream, grows up with Bro on B1, claimed as a trophy by Bec Noir, hurled as a weapon on an Aradiabot, intercepted by a meteor to Alternia's distant past, and years later, Aradia excavates this brewing Lil Cal stew. She sends it to Kanaya for repairs, it later winds up in Gamzee's hands, so I'm guessing Gamzee and Lil Cal bro out on their wicked schemes for a while. Until Gamzee gives him to B2 Jack who suddenly goes CLOCKWORK MAGYCKS by scooping out Lil Cal's eyes. As of now, B2 Jack now contains all these souls as well. Lil Cal remains eyeless.

That about sums it up right?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

snucks posted:

I don't get why everyone thinks that Dave and Karkat are an item all of a sudden. If yall haven't cuddled w your no homo bros while watching dane cook romcoms yall ain't true bros, this is simple poo poo people.
It is true. I always sleep on the thighs of my completely-no-romantic-relationship-here friends.

maybe that's why I have no friends

paranoid randroid posted:

it was cool that everyone looked happy and i hope hussie can resist the temptation to reveal that everything secretly sucks

hahahahahaha.

Remember Jade, and her three years with no companions whatsoever? I'm sure she'll be just as happy as the meteor kids. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure Dave smiled more in the latest update than he did in the entire comic before that.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

snucks posted:

my very straight roommate has slept in the same bed as another completely straight friend of ours

what I'm saying is that you have a point

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Regy Rusty posted:

Toxx already read all of Homestuck up to early act 6

He even used to post here with the rest of us degenerates

Bobulus posted:

Really? I'd totally forgotten. Huh.

Toxxidation is the one who's read Homestuck. Toxxupation, normally known as Occupation, is the newbie.

Imagine the confusion in their Doctor Who thread where they're both posting reviews; Toxxidation has a Toxx to post a review within 24 hours of ToxxOccupation, who is watching it for the first time.

And when people say Toxx they're usually referring to Toxxidation.

GREAT NOW EVERYBODY UNDERSTANDS AND EVERYTHING IS CLEAR FOREVER

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
I'm so loving happy that Vriskatime makes everything so much better.
Vriska saves everything, the show.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fucknag posted:

Toxxidation is the one who's read Homestuck. Toxxupation, normally known as Occupation, is the newbie.

Imagine the confusion in their Doctor Who thread where they're both posting reviews; Toxxidation has a Toxx to post a review within 24 hours of ToxxOccupation, who is watching it for the first time.

Click Toxx's question mark

You gonna step to me over Toxx/Oxx poo poo you better know your facts, son

Lord Justice
Jul 24, 2012

"This god whom I created was human-made and madness, like all gods! Woman she was, and only a poor specimen of woman and ego. But I overcame myself, the sufferer; I carried my own ashes to the mountains; I invented a brighter flame for myself. And behold, then this god fled from me!"

Lupus Rufus posted:

Lil Cal's Worldline

That's correct, yes.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Also, by making Arquius (in the near future, presumably), she gets to be responsible for creating the Big Bad just like she always wanted.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Technically, Terezi saved everything.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Regy Rusty posted:

That was more directed at Bob than you, chill.

E: well gently caress me i was wrong after all, i legit thought i remembered Occ in the review thread saying he hadn't read homestuck but knew about it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Arsenic Lupin posted:

It is true. I always sleep on the thighs of my completely-no-romantic-relationship-here friends.

maybe that's why I have no friends

hahahahahaha.

Remember Jade, and her three years with no companions whatsoever? I'm sure she'll be just as happy as the meteor kids.

She is, we just met that Jade in Calliope's weird hideout. She just moved past it and healed.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fucknag posted:

Oxxidation. No T.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

I'll just show myself out now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Don't worry we're all equals in the light of Skaia

So does anyone think we might actually finally get to see some denizens sometime in the next few months???

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hello my name is CJacobs and I have a problem

*rest of thread mumbles "Hi Cjacobs"*

I'm... a homestuck

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Regy Rusty posted:

reading my old posts i sure did get Mad About Homestuck, even though i was ultimately 100% right on all counts

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
The thread hasn't been this good for ages, the only thing we need is koos

koos is love, koos is life

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Koos only likes Steven Universe now. And, frankly, he's right.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Bongo Bill posted:

He should try Gravity Falls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

I can confirm, it is good

As is Homestuck.

Koos will return to us someday.