Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

boom boom boom posted:

That's a Gorkanaut in the middle and a Stompa on the right, right?

Why the gently caress is the Gorkanaut only ten bucks cheaper than the Stompa when it's half the size?

I had no idea Gorkanaut/Morkanaut was $105 loving dollars. I assumed it was $80 or something. That's insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

LordAba posted:

I'm sorry.

HAHAHA Eldar gives sisters the dick, rape diorama, gay sex with gifs of people being assassinated. How silly of me, for a second I thought this was the 40K thread? X-Wangs.

(I dont think the original post is a serious one):ssh:

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
Looks like "Assassinorum Execution Force" is a proper boardgame and not some dinky little thing, which is a pleasant surprise. Shame it's loving $125USD, though I can't say I'm all that surprised, this is Games Workshop after all.
Flicking through the white dwarf, the rules for the assassins are identical to what's in the existing dataslate - it says as much in the issue.

I took a couple of shots of the game board here: http://imgur.com/2ij57cI,Uu7UwXN

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Boon posted:

(I dont think the original post is a serious one):ssh:

Hey guys I played my friend and I have some more questions. The sisters codex is up to date with 7th edition so its pretty competitive or at least up to date right? How do I get saves from dispersion weapons? He had some kind of template weapon and Saint Celestine got killed in one hit, even though she wasn't instant killed. Whats the best way to get around that?

Also the advice about the Exorcists didn't work very well. The Wrathknight didn't seem to care they were s8 and instead he teleported or flew or something across the board and killed all of them and some sisters. Whats the best sister squad build to kill him in melee? Should I try to outfit the cannoness with melee or should I swarm him with lots of just sisters with chainswords? Also he didn't seem to worry about my flamers as much as I hoped and instead killed everyone.

Advice please. I am using the updated codex with the new cool rules.
Thanks!
Also how do I get Jinx saves on my rhinos? That seemed to work really well for him and he said the points for his Wave Serpents wasn't that much higher then what I had.

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!

Doctor Borris posted:

Hey guys I played my friend and I have some more questions. The sisters codex is up to date with 7th edition so its pretty competitive or at least up to date right? How do I get saves from dispersion weapons? He had some kind of template weapon and Saint Celestine got killed in one hit, even though she wasn't instant killed. Whats the best way to get around that?

Also the advice about the Exorcists didn't work very well. The Wrathknight didn't seem to care they were s8 and instead he teleported or flew or something across the board and killed all of them and some sisters. Whats the best sister squad build to kill him in melee? Should I try to outfit the cannoness with melee or should I swarm him with lots of just sisters with chainswords? Also he didn't seem to worry about my flamers as much as I hoped and instead killed everyone.

Thanks!
Also how do I get Jinx saves on my rhinos? That seemed to work really well for him and he said the points for his Wave Serpents wasn't that much higher then what I had.

You need to take some flamer weapons, and lots of melta weapons, to cleanse the xenos.
More importantly, you need to pray to The Emperor, a lot, because you're going to need all the blessings you can get.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Holy gently caress did this thread go unbound in the most terrible way possible or something?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I am BULBASAUR, harbinger of the unbound, ruiner of threads, poo poo poster extraordinaire

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy gently caress did this thread go unbound in the most terrible way possible or something?

The new updates gave all the shitposters Strength D

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are there any gas weapons in Warhammer 40k now?

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Captain Invictus posted:

Are there any gas weapons in Warhammer 40k now?

There's some used by both sides on Vraks. Also Bane Wolves.

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

I am BULBASAUR, harbinger of the unbound, ruiner of threads, poo poo poster extraordinaire
Liar! False prophet! Fool!

You have have helped usher in the glories of Unbound, but it was I who saw its full potential! It was I paved the way for the pinnacle of madness! It was I who laid the foundation for the Great Prophet Moola! And it was I who spoke the dark words, who summoned our Lord and Master to the mortal realm! I will do so again, and we will know the full depths of Unbound!

broken loose
Broken Loose
BROKEN LOOSE

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Doctor Borris posted:

Thanks!

At the risk of sounding self serving - I would highly recommend you listen to this:

http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/?p=3642

Episode 122 – Show of Force: Faith and Fire
Episode 122 of The Independent Characters covers our Show of Force episode titled Faith and Fire, in which we talk all about the Adepta Sororitas, also known as The Sisters of Battle!

Carl is joined by Adan and Jody to discuss as we delve into the lore and function of the Sisters of Battle. We discuss everything about their backstory and how they play in the current edition of Warhammer 40k.

Additionally, we have a great interview with none other than James Swallow – the author of three different Sisters of Battle stories (Faith and Fire, Hammer and Anvil, and the Red and Black Audio Drama).

Hold on tight, because this is over 3 hours of great content. We hope you enjoy the show!

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Are you involved in the IC Podcast? I actually quite like you gentlemen and recently downloaded several. I will check this out, thanks! Seriously, you guys make a great podcast. I just listened to the year in review and the orks / dark elder ones. I did think you were joking about the Novellas being 50 dollars, I thought someone kept saying "15" dollars. Then I looked up the price.

Doctor Borris fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 23, 2015

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Doctor Borris posted:

Are you involved in the IC Podcast? I actually quite like you gentlemen and recently downloaded several. I will check this out, thanks! Seriously, you guys make a great podcast. I just listened to the year in review and the orks / dark elder ones. I did think you were joking about the Novellas being 50 dollars, I thought someone kept saying "15" dollars. Then I looked up the price.

I am. This is Carl. Thanks for the compliments!

Only 5 episodes to go... Show of Force: The Green Tide is going to be after Siege of Vraks. I am actually really looking forward to that one. I have some good plans for it.

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike

TKIY posted:

I'm confident in my masculinity.

Assassins!

I *think* that Termy Sorcerer is new...

I think Moola said it best

Moola posted:

Yeah I was assuming space hulk but it looks more like monopoly

very weird looking :S

Even with the picture of the second, larger board, it still is far inferior to Space Hulk. Very disappointing.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Less shitposting, more pictures of people's manz.

Attack Bike. These are pretty tedious to paint in all honesty, but that might be due to the side-car being glued on beforehand and me not wanting to pop it off for fear of breaking something. But hey at least the dudes riding it were separate.

Another Mortis dreadnought, this time with lascannons. Because hey, why not?

Plasma Cannon Devastator squad. Sure they might blow themselves up, but that's half the fun! Also it was a test-run on layering transfers on top of each other.

Two Librarians. This puts the number of them I have up to 5, which isn't nearly enough in my opinion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Are all those legs with MKIII rivets conversions? Because they look pretty ballin, dude.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Are all those legs with MKIII rivets conversions? Because they look pretty ballin, dude.

Nope, Anvil Industries. They fit perfectly with SM torsos.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Slimnoid posted:

Nope, Anvil Industries. They fit perfectly with SM torsos.

"medieval" legs

Anyway, those rock, and thanks for the link.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Good. Lets get back to not posting incredibly weird poo poo.

So it looks like the rumours were right and it'll be separate codiciis for Skitari, Knights and Ad mech.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Borris posted:

I would recommend Carl's podcast; it's pretty good!

Also, you might have to review the rules more. Sisters are an older codex, so haven't been updated in a while. D weapons are usually AP2 / AP1, and can do multiple hits... not to mention cause insta-death. Otherwise the best way around things like the wraithguard flamers is to get used to ranges, or surround your good units with cheap units. A bit hard to do in the sisters codex since they don't have any cheap filler. While you can't jinx with a rhino you can pop smoke; a cover save won't help against flamers, but should help against other things.

Sisters don't really do melee well. A Priest can *smash*, but that's about all it has. Seraphim aren't horrible and can usually catch any non-combat units (like guardians and possibly bikes). The cannoness doesn't have the best options for close combat either... her faith seems like it would be, but it can be a trap. Really it's all about target priority: what to shoot, how many units of battle sisters to send after something, when to try to tie a unit up. How you use your rhinos and other vehicles is important as well... an empty rhino can still get in the way of an enemies placement.

I would seriously try playing with others if you could. Wraithknights can't fly, and it sounds like your friend isn't explaining the rules / abilities / points costs properly with you. I would double check; if something sounds too good to be true rules-wise ask him about it.

Could you post the list you are using? A couple tweaks could help, though keep in mind it will be an uphill battle.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

LordAba posted:

if something sounds too good to be true rules-wise ask him about it.

Either that, or it's Eldar/Tau

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Ghost Hand posted:

I am. This is Carl. Thanks for the compliments!

Only 5 episodes to go... Show of Force: The Green Tide is going to be after Siege of Vraks. I am actually really looking forward to that one. I have some good plans for it.

Any plans for you guys to do a Show of Force: Grumpy Old Space Robots? Would be awesome to listen to while endlessly painting warriors and immortals.

tasty food
Apr 29, 2010

LordAba posted:

I would recommend Carl's podcast; it's pretty good!

Also, you might have to review the rules more. Sisters are an older codex, so haven't been updated in a while. D weapons are usually AP2 / AP1, and can do multiple hits... not to mention cause insta-death. Otherwise the best way around things like the wraithguard flamers is to get used to ranges, or surround your good units with cheap units. A bit hard to do in the sisters codex since they don't have any cheap filler. While you can't jinx with a rhino you can pop smoke; a cover save won't help against flamers, but should help against other things.

Sisters don't really do melee well. A Priest can *smash*, but that's about all it has. Seraphim aren't horrible and can usually catch any non-combat units (like guardians and possibly bikes). The cannoness doesn't have the best options for close combat either... her faith seems like it would be, but it can be a trap. Really it's all about target priority: what to shoot, how many units of battle sisters to send after something, when to try to tie a unit up. How you use your rhinos and other vehicles is important as well... an empty rhino can still get in the way of an enemies placement.

I would seriously try playing with others if you could. Wraithknights can't fly, and it sounds like your friend isn't explaining the rules / abilities / points costs properly with you. I would double check; if something sounds too good to be true rules-wise ask him about it.

Could you post the list you are using? A couple tweaks could help, though keep in mind it will be an uphill battle.

I think Borris is being entirely ironic. Sisters chat is cool though. Someday I'll get my penitent legion of D6 attacks (all penitent engines and arco-flagellants) on the table. :unsmith:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Thundercloud posted:

Good. Lets get back to not posting incredibly weird poo poo.

So it looks like the rumours were right and it'll be separate codiciis for Skitari, Knights and Ad mech.

Looking forward to the 2017 releases Codex: Tactical Marines, Codex: Rhino & Razorback , Codex: Predator, Codex: Dreadnought and Codex: Terminators. Hopefully the Astartes: Captains & Chaplains dataslate eventuates as well.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

tasty food posted:

I think Borris is being entirely ironic. Sisters chat is cool though. Someday I'll get my penitent legion of D6 attacks (all penitent engines and arco-flagellants) on the table. :unsmith:
Yeah, maybe after every other faction gets their next 2 codex updates perhaps.
Luckily for you, that might only be 2 years from now

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Slimnoid those are awesome models. It is interesting to see the anvil industries legs too. My favourite is the sternguard as you have nailed my favourite skin effect - shaved head. Any chance of an army so far shot?

I know you are joking but I would definitely buy codex:dreadnought. It would likely be the hard counter to wraith knights I reckon.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Codex: Riptide, with Riptides in all fiive roles, so I can field entirely Gunpla.

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Apr 23, 2015

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Just go Unbound

LabiaBadgerTickler
Feb 12, 2014

by Ralp
I really want to get back into warhammer as the models are lovely. But the rules and most of the people I know that play it are loving retards.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LabiaBadgerTickler posted:

I really want to get back into warhammer as the models are lovely. But the rules and most of the people I know that play it are loving retards.

There are probably many more people just getting models to paint & convert than people painting & playing.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Texmo posted:

Looks like "Assassinorum Execution Force" is a proper boardgame and not some dinky little thing, which is a pleasant surprise. Shame it's loving $125USD, though I can't say I'm all that surprised, this is Games Workshop after all.
Flicking through the white dwarf, the rules for the assassins are identical to what's in the existing dataslate - it says as much in the issue.

I took a couple of shots of the game board here: http://imgur.com/2ij57cI,Uu7UwXN

Came here to post something similar. It does appear to be a "full" board, but it's kind of a weird dimension. It looks like it might be something like a 12" x 24" board, with an additional 12" x 12" board. Maybe the board pieces are "configurable" to add extra "depth" to the "game."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

Just go Unbound

YOU go unbound :saddowns:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

tasty food posted:

Totally! Penitent Engines are a shoe-in for getting the dunewalker extra movement tricks.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

LabiaBadgerTickler posted:

most of the people I know that play it are loving retards.

yeah same

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Esser-Z posted:

Codex: Riptide, with Riptides in all fiive roles, so I can field entirely Gunpla.

I have no idea how the Warhammer 40k game works, could you restrict army lists to only robots?

Most of the armies have some sort of robot.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

JackMack posted:

Slimnoid those are awesome models. It is interesting to see the anvil industries legs too. My favourite is the sternguard as you have nailed my favourite skin effect - shaved head. Any chance of an army so far shot?

Pft, I WISH I could get sternguard. Dark Angels get veterans which are a weak-rear end version of them (I can't even give the whole unit combi-weapons).

I plan to do an army shot once I finish all the tac marines and accompanying razorbacks, though I suppose I could do one for Deathwing. Maybe today, if the weather clears up and I can find a spot outside to do it.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
calling it now btw, new Tau dex Riptides become LoW

may or may not have the D

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Would make sense. They're supposed to be pretty new and rare and only used when absolutely necessary from what I remember of the fluff, which of course translates to "take at least 2 all the time" currently.

They'll have strength D markerlights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If you're doing a stand-in for a Riptide, how about the Powered GM Cardigan?

• Locked thread