Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That Tahiti poo poo was hilarious in a bad way. Yea Ward just let me mind rape you as thanks for helping me.

Burn down shield. Both of them.

Considering Ward's other option is a bullet to the head, thats a pretty sweet deal. Coulson can't contain Ward (and Ward probably wouldn't go for that) and he can't just let him go.

Also some people seem to really think that Skye and Ward still have a shot together. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Oasx posted:

Do we really need one? The Winter Soldier tie-in was just an excuse for the show to really start telling a good story, the show is really good right now and there really is no reason to interrupt that.

The show kind of should acknowledge a giant AI robot army.

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy

Aphrodite posted:

The show kind of should acknowledge a giant AI robot army.

I dug the Thor 2 tie in episode because it worked really well in the context of the show. I assume something similar will happen here. Closer to time we'll find out about more Hydra bases they pass info off to the Avengers for or some sort of Ultron information. Won't be relevant for the movie goers, but will be a nice tie in for people who see both. I'll be very surprised if the whole world is affected by Ultron but Agents of Shield isn't.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Bakshi reminds me of a second rate Mr. Morden and thus will die a hilarious death after trying to play the wrong people. I can't wait to see it all.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Oh poo poo, I just realized what Omega Protocol or whatever it is means.

Avengers assemble!

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Nephthys posted:

Also some people seem to really think that Skye and Ward still have a shot together. :mad:

4 shots, actually.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

bou posted:

Bakshi reminds me of a second rate Mr. Morden and thus will die a hilarious death after trying to play the wrong people. I can't wait to see it all.

So Fitz is going to be waving?

In all honesty I like watching Bakshi more than Morden - Morden (like a lot of babylon characters) had the personality of cardboard whenever he wasn't saying his lines whereas Bakshi actually emotes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

hope and vaseline posted:

I'm fine with a small mention, or even MCU material that makes into the show that functions organically, like how Lady Sif pops in once in a while.

I want a Volstagg cameo!

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

AbsolutelySane posted:

4 shots, actually.

:boom:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

I want a Volstagg cameo!

You mean Punisher!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Chokes McGee posted:

Avengers assemble!

Gonna watch the movie in 3.5h to avoid any and all internet spoilers.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Chokes McGee posted:

Avengers assemble!

It's Omega Flight! Going to get live action Puck!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Chokes McGee posted:

It's actually code for cancelling bingo night

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

Avengers assemble!

THATS NOT ITS NAME!!!!

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

I have to wonder if the Ward mindwipe offer was them simply the writers throwing a bone to all the fan speculation that Ward would end up as Taskmaster.

It would be pretty great if he did end up as Taskmaster though...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Or its was just a way to get him to work with him, and when its over tell him he is stupid and let Daisy shoot him again.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Or its was just a way to get him to work with him, and when its over tell him he is stupid and let Daisy shoot him again.

No it's Fitz's turn

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Xtanstic posted:

No it's Fitz's turn

Fine they both can do it

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

ApathyGifted posted:

They totally left agent 33 behind to infiltrate and make contact without jeopardizing Coulson. His responses were just way too curt for Coulson.

Unless there was something in the preview to say otherwise, because I didn't watch it.

Ah, that's actually an interesting idea there. I hadn't thought of that.

I feel like it's really him though, since The preview showed Coulson, Bobbi, Mack, and basically everyone on a Quinjet riding in to a Hydra base, and Coulson coming back to talk things over seems like the most sensible way to make that happen .

It'll also be hilarious if Coulson gets Real Shield on board by saying that the Hydra base he wants to go after is full of those no-good powered people!

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

bobkatt013 posted:

Fine they both can do it

Wait, is it not Buddy's turn?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Nephthys posted:

Considering Ward's other option is a bullet to the head, thats a pretty sweet deal. Coulson can't contain Ward (and Ward probably wouldn't go for that) and he can't just let him go.

They do! They can forgive each other and be together, and they can be the stars of the new spinoff S.W.O.R.D. I call it Skyeward Sword.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I just watched two different Marvel supervillains on TV shows complaining about the internet ruining everything within the span of a few days

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bbf2 posted:

I just watched two different Marvel supervillains on TV shows complaining about the internet ruining everything within the span of a few days

Well the villains have to be right sometimes.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

greatn posted:

They do! They can forgive each other and be together, and they can be the stars of the new spinoff S.W.O.R.D. I call it Skyeward Sword.

Half of me wants to smack you for this joke, the other half wants to high five you. It's a conundrum.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Half of me wants to smack you for this joke, the other half wants to high five you. It's a conundrum.

There's a new cyborg character, part of the Phi protocol, that constantly explains everything to the audience. TVIV hates her, though in her defense they still have no idea what's going on.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

OB_Juan posted:

Wait, is it not Buddy's turn?

Buddy doesn't get a turn.

He's a dog.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Ensign_Ricky posted:

What is a smack but a high five to the face?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

bobkatt013 posted:

and when its over tell him he is stupid and let Daisy shoot him again.

THAT'S... oh wait, that is her name.

Best day ever! :kiddo:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Just watched the episode. Won't lie, when Skye said "huh, Daisy Johnson" I shouted "THATS NOT HER...oh, wait yeah it is."

Also, after reading about the AoS spinoff and another show coming up I joked that they should just create the Marvel Network. Now I actually think thats something that could be a thing in 5 years. Daytime would be all the cartoons for children, a movie at 5, then prime time featuring two shows each night with random reruns speckled in as filler. The speed at which they are developing new material is staggering and on par with a major network.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

bbf2 posted:

Marvel wants us to associate skepticism of technology with insane reactionary conservatism. This is vaguely sinister to me.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I am kind of disappointing with what they did Bakshi, I was honestly hoping that as the season progressed, he'd just have more and more bad poo poo happen to him until he slowly devolves until he was little more than basically a mindless zombie incapable of communicating except by vague grunts and moans.

At which point he whould be nothing more than SHIELD's Pet/Mascot.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 23, 2015

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That was a good episode. I'm shocked that Lincoln was able to go toe to toe with Mike. Also, Ward is still my favorite loving character.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

That was a good episode. I'm shocked that Lincoln was able to go toe to toe with Mike.

Electricity doesn't mix real good with delicate implanted components.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
A robot man being vulnerable to someone who can manipulate electromagnetism? No way!

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Deathlok should be grounded like any well designed computer case :colbert:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Deathlok should be grounded like any well designed computer case :colbert:

The fact that he got up pretty much unscathed is proof that he probably is. Could your computer withstand a direct lightning strike and then beat up a bunch of paramilitary neo-Nazis? I didn't think so.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

The fact that he got up pretty much unscathed is proof that he probably is. Could your computer withstand a direct lightning strike and then beat up a bunch of paramilitary neo-Nazis? I didn't think so.

hydra didnt make my computer though

Pinky Artichoke
Apr 10, 2011

Dinner has blossomed.
I am really happy with the return of Deathlok/Mike so far. Now that he gets to be himself and kick rear end on his own terms instead of being the victim of blackmail/mind-control he seems like a fun character to have around.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

You mean the way he was barely able to get up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I've seen AoU and I'll be very curious to see how they tie it in the episode afterwards.

• Locked thread