Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
I think its fair game. The rules are personal items can't be stolen. Nothing about being viewed right. Survivors should know better to hide their poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Preview spoiler: Tyler grabs Dans bag and then is seen talking to Carolyn saying "Dan has an extra vote."

drat wtf thats lame

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Will is awful but whatever. I get being pissed about (incorrectly) getting called out about the food, but he obviously took it too far.

Mike is still much, much more annoying. I think I might dislike him more than loving Spencer.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ColdBlooded posted:

Will is awful but whatever. I get being pissed about (incorrectly) getting called out about the food, but he obviously took it too far.

Mike is still much, much more annoying. I think I might dislike him more than loving Spencer.

I definitely dislike Mike more than Spencer, because Spencer is amazing.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

The Landstander posted:

Maybe I'm alone in this but I find myself rooting for Tyler. He seems like the smart quiet type amidst a bunch of crazy people.

Tyler is just as much of a prick as anyone else. Did you not see him grinning when Shirin was being mocked? The only people worth rooting for now are Mike and Shirin.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Poque posted:

I definitely dislike Mike more than Spencer, because Spencer is amazing.

Just gonna empty quote this. Mike is not even that bad to be honest.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I went to Shirin's twitter to say some nice things to her and found this.

It's seriously not a spoiler, but it shows some Survivors hanging together post-game so if you're worried it will ruin the game for you or something, I tagged it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Preview:

Rooting through someone's bag to look through idols/trail mix/whatever is a time-honoured Survivor tradition, quit being such babies.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

So this is the second season of Survivor I've ever watched (first being previous season). It's definitely "better" than last season (in terms of game/excitement) but I hate almost all of the people who are left. I thought I disliked Rodney/Dan but there was no reason whatsoever for Will to get so personal at Shirin. And then he doubled down on it at tribal council, too. Ugh...

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I get why Will could have been frustrated that they thought he was hoarding stuff, but you can't tell me that it would have been a big surprise if he did hoard something. I am positive that has happened before, and it never goes well when the other folks at camp find out you are holding back. Will was also probably upset that he didn't get a family letter, but seriously what a loving rear end in a top hat. My wife said it best: I hope he watches this on TV and has a real come to Jesus moment with what a terrible person he is.

If Mike and Shirin go, I don't know that I would care about the rest of this season.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

KKKLIP ART posted:

I get why Will could have been frustrated that they thought he was hoarding stuff, but you can't tell me that it would have been a big surprise if he did hoard something. I am positive that has happened before, and it never goes well when the other folks at camp find out you are holding back. Will was also probably upset that he didn't get a family letter, but seriously what a loving rear end in a top hat. My wife said it best: I hope he watches this on TV and has a real come to Jesus moment with what a terrible person he is.

If Mike and Shirin go, I don't know that I would care about the rest of this season.

It happened last season with Julie hoarding trail mix and then quitting in a huff. :allears:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They should show Hali, Joe, and Jenn at Ponderosa for the entire show next week and then just have whoever was voted off show up. It would probably be more fun to watch.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If Mike had snaked that "advantage" that Dan got, I think they could have booted Rodney 4-3-3... of course they'd still be down in numbers the next vote, but they'd have a HII. It'd be possible to brute force their way through.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Wow. That was absolutely disgusting. I don't care if she can be a little bit of a know it all, Shirin absolutely did not deserve to get berated by Will like that. I felt so horrible for her, even more so how absolutely everybody just sat there and watched him behave that way.

That was a really emotionally draining episode to watch.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yeah Will very quickly went from lovable non threatening funny guy to biggest rear end in a top hat on the show. Even Rodney's fun to hate, but that Will tirade was uncomfortable.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, am I wrong or did I hear Will use the word "honky" when he started going off?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Dan should go to the end with Rodney and Will. He might actually win! :iamafag:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

TMMadman posted:

Also, am I wrong or did I hear Will use the word "honky" when he started going off?

I'm sure that would've been quoted quite a few times if he did. I didn't hear that.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Silly Burrito posted:

I'm sure that would've been quoted quite a few times if he did. I didn't hear that.

I may have to go to the DVR and find it again, I wanted to rewind it right away, but the episode was too good.

Plus, it was kind of muddled so I wasn't sure exactly what I heard.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Poque posted:

Dan should go to the end with Rodney and Will. He might actually win! :iamafag:

Can the jury abstain? Can they vote for Jeff? Can they split the money among themselves? All of those would be better options.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was an awesome episode with a wet fart ending.

Sadly it seems like just another tired season of the majority picking off the minority because people can't get their poo poo together. Mike can fight to survive but he totally destroyed his game this week in spectacular fashion and Dan and Sierra seem clueless as usual. So unless Rodney, Carolyn, Will, and Tyler gently caress up royally they seem like they should be able to cruise into the Final Four for a truly likable and strategically interesting finale.

I mean, I guess if they gently caress up bad enough and tip Dan off he could use that double vote to gently caress them next week. But what kind of season is this if I have to root for Dan to do something intelligent?

I suppose I should give a mea culpa to Tyler and Carolyn. I called them dumb for not turning on Blue Collar earlier but they obviously counted on them self destructing and not seeing the obvious threat in front of their eyes and turns out they were right and I was wrong. So I guess those are your two big players? And Rodney?

I'm just down on things because Jenn is gone and the bad guys won again.

Ironic Twist posted:

What Will said to Shirin is nothing compared to the poo poo he's going to get from the Internet now, unfortunately.
Man, I'm not really down with any harassment or poo poo but Rule #1 of going on a reality show is "DON'T BE AN rear end in a top hat UNLESS YOU'RE PREPARED FOR THE WORLD TO SEE IT!" The issue here is that Will apparently doesn't see anything wrong with telling someone they have no soul and no one loves them even after a day of reflection. Because he's apparently a scumbag.

blue squares posted:

I turned it off too soon.. What did Jenn say?? drat it

It was great. I'm just paraphrasing but it was basically the collective thread response verbalized. "These people suck. I thought Will was cool but that kind of shattered the last couple of days. Sierra is... I don't know, I just think she sucks. Carolyn's like Dan, they're just both fake and I hate that. I hate them but I can't wait to see them tear each other apart. I just hope they don't come to the Jury so I have to spend more time with them."

Bye, Jenn. I'll miss you and look forward to your Jury reaction shots and Final Tribal question.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP

STAC Goat posted:

It was great. I'm just paraphrasing but it was basically the collective thread response verbalized. "These people suck. I thought Will was cool but that kind of shattered the last couple of days. Sierra is... I don't know, I just think she sucks. Carolyn's like Dan, they're just both fake and I hate that. I hate them but I can't wait to see them tear each other apart. I just hope they don't come to the Jury so I have to spend more time with them."

Bye, Jenn. I'll miss you and look forward to your Jury reaction shots and Final Tribal question.

The best part of her monologue is they edited it so as each person shows their vote she is voicing over how lovely that person is.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

STAC Goat posted:

That was an awesome episode with a wet fart ending.

Sadly it seems like just another tired season of the majority picking off the minority because people can't get their poo poo together. Mike can fight to survive but he totally destroyed his game this week in spectacular fashion and Dan and Sierra seem clueless as usual. So unless Rodney, Carolyn, Will, and Tyler gently caress up royally they seem like they should be able to cruise into the Final Four for a truly likable and strategically interesting finale.

I mean, I guess if they gently caress up bad enough and tip Dan off he could use that double vote to gently caress them next week. But what kind of season is this if I have to root for Dan to do something intelligent?

I suppose I should give a mea culpa to Tyler and Carolyn. I called them dumb for not turning on Blue Collar earlier but they obviously counted on them self destructing and not seeing the obvious threat in front of their eyes and turns out they were right and I was wrong. So I guess those are your two big players? And Rodney?

I mean, Mike has been getting a very serious winner's edit. I'm not sure it's been this strong of an edit since Earl. I'd be very surprised if Tyler and the gang manage to blindside him at all really. I really want to dislike Mike, but he seems to be the only person playing the game seriously.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
wow

what a rollercoaster of an episode.

i guess i'm rooting for mike now. maybe shirin. gonna miss jenn but at least we still get to see her on the jury.

also gently caress. like all throughout this season i've been thinking re: will. "oh someone finally has my name. they're kinda bleh but at least they're not an rear end in a top hat." and now this happens.

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.

Nihonniboku posted:

I really want to dislike Mike, but he seems to be the only person playing the game seriously.

I think it only appears that way because Mike seemingly gets 2 out of every 3 confessionals and, overall, has had a ridiculous amount of screen time.

Edit: There's no way the final four is Rodney/Tyler/Carolyn/Will. I mean, that would be pretty hilarious since none of them have been portrayed positively, but Mike and/or Shirrin is getting to the end and winning. Probably Mike :barf:

ColdBlooded fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 23, 2015

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
THIS IS ME DOING AN 80s ENDING SLOW CLAP FOR A

:golfclap:
GREAT
loving
EPISODE!
:golfclap:

Will: man talk about a roller coaster. Poor guy got yanked around about six times in the first 15 minutes. He shared his unexpected food bounty with a bunch of people who had just eaten and was criticized for it! JFC I almost could understand his berating but then he just kept going and going.

Shirin: you're annoying and you won't win IT'S TRUE but you didn't deserve that.

Jenn: you were most likely to go from meh to island hot and drat girl you didn't disappoint. ;-* But you gave up when you fell behind.

Mike: Playing the best, putting forth the most effort, and won't win. Sorry bro

Dan and Sierra: how the hell are you two the swing votes? Together??

That was a great midpoint to a season that plodded for a bit after a strong start. Now there is a nonzero probability of Rodney winning Survivor :psyduck:

Streebs
Dec 6, 2003

RIP
I don't think Rodney has any shot of winning. Even all of his allies admit that he is a huge scumbag. He may very well get to the end but there is no way he gets any votes to win

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nihonniboku posted:

I mean, Mike has been getting a very serious winner's edit. I'm not sure it's been this strong of an edit since Earl. I'd be very surprised if Tyler and the gang manage to blindside him at all really. I really want to dislike Mike, but he seems to be the only person playing the game seriously.

I don't really know much about edits, but he could be getting a long downfall arc and this was his apex with the immunity win. It's entirely possible that he gets sent to the jury in the next couple episodes as his downfall becomes complete.

I still can't really wrap my head around Dan/Sierra. I just don't get where they think they are going right now. They seem like they are just settling for being voted out in the middle of the pack. I feel like the only way one of them win is if it's a final two and they are the only two left, but that just seems like an impossibility.

I'm also not sure voting out Jenn is the best move there either because while she is obviously close to Hali and possibly Joe, she doesn't seem to like any of the other players and I'm sure that they all know it. So it seems like she would be a good person to bring to the finals since it doesn't seem like she would get a lot of jury votes.

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

God, I hated this episode. The beginning was tons of fun, but the moment Mike went on a rampage about TEH SEKRET ALLIANCE!!! it went completely down for me. I hated hearing Will treat Shirin like that, and now I feel like I'm rooting for her to spite him... and even then I'm barely rooting for her.

At this point I don't really want anyone to win. All that are left are assholes (Mike, Will, Dan, Rodney), idiots (Will again, Shirin, Mama C), and people who don't seem to even be playing the game (Will once more, Tyler, Sierra). I can't imagine what final tribal will be like. Will really sealed himself into getting no votes at this point, too, since there's no way any No Collar will vote for him and the Blues and remaining Whites will be too busy sticking for one of their own. Will is basically a complete goat at this point.

I've never been more disappointed in how a season ended up... to my memory, anyways. I've always found someone to root for, but now I'm grasping at straws.

...Seriously, has Will done anything this entire game? Ever initiated any sort of voting method or talked any strategy? God, I thought Will was funny with how much he sucked at every challenge, now I just can't believe he's managed to come this far without drowning or something.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Is anyone else mad that they've completely overshadowed the auction with an emphasis on "WHO WILL GET THE ADVANTAGE?"

I get that it's important, but the auctions are all full of really funny moments that have nothing to do with ~the game~. They literally showed a montage of people buying food while Mike narrated about how important it was to win an item he didn't even get. The advantage part was great but it would have stood up on its own without the buildup.

Anyway, I love that the dynamics have shifted so Mike has become an insane person and Rodney is exasperated by the chaos at camp. I keep assuming an upheaval is coming, but time is running short...

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
That was an unhinged episode. I'm sad to see Jenn go, but her story had run its course.

Man, I get why people are starting to be really down on this season, but I have faith. The edit is pretty strongly telegraphing that none of these loving assholes win. Relax, enjoy the ride.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo this is one terrible group of people. I think the only people left I don't hate are Tyler/Sierra who are just sorta there, and much to my surprise given how annoying she was earlier in the season but Shirin. Not a gameplay assessment at all, the rest are just loathesome human beings I want to see set on fire. I haven't really been able to get into this season and I think the reason is how awful most of these people are. Will seemed like a decent guy but jumped to the top of the douchebag ladder tonight.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Nicaragua really brings out the best in Survivor players. What happened to the funny easygoing Will.

Even in an episode of mostly shouting, Tyler only whispers.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
This season is all heel and no face.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
mike doesn't seem like a bad person. his blue collar persona is a bit grating at times and he's made some very strange gameplay decisions, but he's also like the only one who would even try to step in when someone was getting slammed on (sierra/shirin).

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

blue squares posted:

at least Will is a really nice guy

:laugh:

This episode was somehow awesome and terrible at the same time. Of the main alliance 5 of them are horrible people and the other is Tyler, who is at best just there. At this point the only outcome that could make me happy is a Shirin win and I don't see how that happens when so many eventual jurors already hate her.

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 23, 2015

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Wow, Will you are a horrible person if you can now watch your tirade against Shirin and still feel like it was justified. Bad look man, really bad look.

That was incredibly uncomfortable television to watch and only Mike had the stones to make an attempt to shut it down while the rest of the slack jawed yokels watched on in silence. That's just the same as condoning Will's behavior you pack of fuckwits.

I mean yeah, we get it, Shirin isn't your cup of tea but FFS no one deserves that sort of a pile on. Shirin wasn't even the one that suggested Will was hoarding snacks; Will just keyed onto Shirin because she's an easy target which is the most cowardice thing of all.

The Ponderosa is filling up with pretty people. I imagine Joe is making everyone loser necklaces while Hali and Jenn get baked on some dank nugs and go surfin' brah. You think Joe is getting all up in a Hali/Jenn threesome? I do.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Robnoxious posted:

You think Joe is getting all up in a Hali/Jenn threesome? I do.

I stumbled on social media saying Jenn and Joe are dating but who knows.

This episode was mental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The phantom jerky gambit is such an rear end in a top hat move but Will had to blow up to overshadow it. Tell them to gently caress off and walk away! At least Mike tried to calm things down after being a jerk.

• Locked thread