Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Snacksmaniac posted:

He'll always be Ben the Soldier to me.

I always like to believe that Keith Dudemeister changed his name and joined the Army after the last breakup with Elliott.

And got into guerrilla marketing after his giant success in multi-level miracle smoothie selling. Rick is still a marketing alias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
The powerpoint was so good.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

am i insane or is there actually a running secondary joke with the yahoo logo fading in and out during the 'guerilla marketing' sections too

it's really noticeable when they introduce the concept and the logo fades out as if to avoid being spotted or something

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Android Blues posted:

Yeah, this one was really good. A lot of funny moments and had some real character work thrown in there as well.

Agreed 100%. Best episode of the season so far imho.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Tailored Sauce posted:

Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

You sound like a literal crazy person.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Yeah, we all love honda here!

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

El Tortuga posted:

You sound like a literal crazy person.

Nah, normal people use the phrase "grand hatred"

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Frankie is the best. Elroy is a close second.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Tailored Sauce posted:

Awful episode. I have a grand hatred for such obvious product placement as this show has done more frequently in recent seasons. I even hated it when Colbert did it with Bud Light and Doritos. I know why product placement exists and why Community in their last season and this one accept it (I remember Chuck doing the same thing in its last season). None of the Honda jokes are funny because of the underlying marketing. It ruined the entire episode for me, except for the Chang PowerPoint presentation.

Sorry your parents vaccinated you.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Did Lisa Loeb do the "Gay Dean" song, too? Any chance we'll get full versions of those songs the same way Ben Folds released "rear end-Crack Bandit?"

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Yeah, once I let Honda into my heart the episode became the best of the season.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I thought the central recurring gag of the episode was really funny, but even other than that it was nice just to get some genuine moments with the characters. The Elroy and Jeff subplot about Jeff wanting to be liked but being too cool to be genuine about it is just a nice, straightforward character beat of the kind that the show is at its best when it includes.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Wish I could have watched the episode last night but the Yahoo Screen app for Xbox 360 is a piece of poo poo. I wish there was a better way to get the show on my TV.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Brocktoon posted:

Wish I could have watched the episode last night but the Yahoo Screen app for Xbox 360 is a piece of poo poo. I wish there was a better way to get the show on my TV.

Screen has Chromecast support specifically for Community.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Takoluka posted:

Screen has Chromecast support specifically for Community.

In the iOS app or the lovely in-browser ScreenCast extension that has ridiculous lag? (I remember the iOS app not having Chromecast support last time I checked...)

Edit: Investigating further, looks like it's only the Android version of the app.

Brocktoon fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 22, 2015

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Brocktoon posted:

In the iOS app or the lovely in-browser ScreenCast extension that has ridiculous lag? (I remember the iOS app not having Chromecast support last time I checked...)

Not sure about the iOS app, but the Android app was specifically given basic Chromecast support for Community, due to viewer demand. Like, I'm not sure it works for anything other than Community.

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
Some nice Todd action in this episode.

The advertising is tiring, though. It helps keep the lights on but I don't like this integrated marketing any more than I like regular marketing, which is not at all.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Takoluka posted:

Not sure about the iOS app, but the Android app was specifically given basic Chromecast support for Community, due to viewer demand. Like, I'm not sure it works for anything other than Community.

ha, wow. that's a yahoo solution for you.

but I'll try it for next week's episode. have to reinstall the app after I hate removed it for hard crashing my tablet last time I tried it.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

I can't believe they replaced all the jokes this episode with totally sincere product placement, it's disgusting

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Brocktoon posted:

I was having huge problems with the AppleTV app last night, maybe Yahoo Screen itself was having issues?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

OldSenileGuy posted:

I was having huge problems with the AppleTV app last night, maybe Yahoo Screen itself was having issues?

I had no problems with my AppleTV last night, but I was watching at maybe around 8:30 Pacific?

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

ETB posted:

The scene with her trying to be "constructive" with the Dean is so, so great.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Volume posted:

The Honda stopping was the best gag in the episode and I mean that in a good way cause this episode had a lot of good laughs for me. Frankie and the Dean was amazing.

Yeah, I'm over the moon at how good Paget Brewster is in this. My wife and I are big fans of The Thrilling Adventure Hour, so we had high hopes for what she'd bring to Community, and we haven't been disappointed so far. This is probably my favorite episode of the season so far too, although Gay Dean/Chang as Miyagi was a good one too. By the way, they're making better use of Chang this season too, which makes me happy. He doesn't seem as gimmicky.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ETB posted:

I can get on board with this sentiment.

It was nice to have a Britta-centric episode; I just wish she didn't have to wind up sad at the end. :(

(Great to see her parents again. :allears:)

Coolie Ghost
Jan 16, 2013

sensible dissent dispenser
"I'm just going to give the school's assets a quick freezy weezy"

:allears: Frankie

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Brocktoon posted:

For real? I think the interface is a little annoying, but I've never had any problems actually streaming an episode on my 360. The quality has been good, plus there's been zero ads.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I had some trouble in browser last night. I thought it was my computer, but I'll try again tonight.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

"... So stupid."

*pats head*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Paget Brewster just kills it every episode.

Snord
Mar 5, 2002

We hugged it out, but I was still a little angry.

ComradeCosmobot posted:

I had no problems with my AppleTV last night, but I was watching at maybe around 8:30 Pacific?

Worked for me around then on a Roku.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Was it just me or did Britta look a bit prettier then normal this episode?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Holyshoot posted:

Not just you I thought she looked better.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Brocktoon posted:

I don't have an XBox 360 or a PS(Whatever), just a WiiU. And if there's a Yahoo Screen app for it, I have yet to find it. Finding anything that isn't a game is a chore.

So, we've been hooking up the laptop to the TV via an HDMI cable. It works very well, but Yahoo Screen is just choppy sometimes.

As for the episode... it was worth it for that wonderful scene where Frankie finally comes as close to breaking down over the Dean's immense stupidity as anyone who sleeps with an Ayn Rand book on the nightstand possibly can. She can't ask the questions because they all end with idiot... do you know what I mean--don't answer, you'll get it wrong....

Hilarious.

tarlibone fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 22, 2015

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Holyshoot posted:

Britta 1
Annie 2

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ha yeah

dead in real life
Jun 17, 2012

Volume posted:

Frankie and the Dean was amazing.

This was my biggest laugh of the season. It also makes me appreciate Frankie's character even more. In previous episodes there have been a lot of lines given to Frankie that could have just as easily been said by Jeff. But this moment with the Dean was something only her character could deliver.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Holyshoot posted:

I hate straight, flat hair, so I thought she looked horrible. Britta is best with curls.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Holyshoot posted:

That was the glow of true love

Irish Joe posted:

I hate straight, flat hair, so I thought she looked horrible. Britta is best with curls.

agreed

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I am leftist as gently caress and I still enjoyed this episode immensely. Product placement just happens in shows, and the way it was handled this episode was amazing. I don't need my political opinions to be validated by my favorite comedy show, I just want jokes and a smart plotline, and I got those in spades.

Holyshoot posted:

I think the lighting was just better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Britta 1
Annie 2

Ahahahahaha

• Locked thread