Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

And whoever does it don't forget to turn Frantic Mode on!

A Frantic 200cc DLC room would be best for tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

sporadicsarcasm posted:

A Frantic 200cc DLC room would be best for tomorrow.

We can't stop here, this is red shell country.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Baby Park is Mario Kart Thunderdome :getin:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

I think the DLC came out last time at midnight PST because I was going to go to sleep at 3 but saw it was out and stayed up till like 5 playing it after download.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

pokeyman posted:

Did we come to any conclusions about rooms? One 200cc all tracks, one 150cc just new tracks? Whoever gets in first, make some rooms and post it up.

By far the most reliable way to get into races is to join a friend who's already in the room, so add some goons to your friends list. I'm pokeyman if you want to add me.

I'm Kaethela, add me! This goes to all of you, I want crazy 200cc shenanigans with you people.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I'm stuck at work til 6am central, but when I get off work I'm going to race til I pass out.

My ID is JonasOrtega.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How do I download the dlc?

Edit: gently caress me it's not out yet.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 23, 2015

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

drat I have to wait until June for this. Enjoy goons!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
First thing I saw when I went on the eShop just now was a big "Add-On Content Available Now!" banner for the new DLC but the page for it still says May. No sign of the update either.

e: this site says pre-update maintenence is happening from now until an hour and 10 away so should be just after then I guess

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 23, 2015

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Apologies for the double-post but looks like it's all out now. The eShop no longer says May for the DLC and my game is downloading an update!!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Bown posted:

Apologies for the double-post but looks like it's all out now. The eShop no longer says May for the DLC and my game is downloading an update!!

Same here!

I'm going to gently caress my VR and get my feet wet with 200cc online. Maybe even on the new tracks... No, that's too much.

Edit: oh, drag. That update was just the 200cc update. The DLC prompts to download once you launch the game, and clocks in at 1.8gb. Time to delete... Something...

enojy fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 23, 2015

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
The update hits just as I get home. :krad:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God drat I missed Baby Park

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Well, giving 200cc a try on the new tracks, and I have been thoroughly re-acquainted with my old friend Mr. "Outside Of The Corner Track Wall" :downs:

There are definitely corners where you're better off not drifting at all now, unless I haven't figured something out.
E: Or I'm just really really rusty

Icedude fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Apr 23, 2015

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Well poo poo. The VS mode still locks you into a 32 track maximum grand prix. My dreams of doing all 48 tracks in one bull session of insanity is dashed. :(

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Big Blue confirmed for one of the hypest tracks in the series. That was so good. drat. As an Animal Crossing fan since the start that track is just wonderfully simple too. :) DLC was worth the wait.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Narcissus1916 posted:

Well poo poo. The VS mode still locks you into a 32 track maximum grand prix. My dreams of doing all 48 tracks in one bull session of insanity is dashed. :(
That seems like something they'd fix in a future update if enough people asked for it, although maybe it'd mess with people who didn't have the DLC.

The new tracks are absolutely gorgeous. Wild Woods and the updated Ribbon Road are like the best-looking Mario Kart tracks ever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here's something else they should fix in a future update: battle mode.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

They've clearly decided to let battle mode rot.

The lack of a full track vs battle run (for local multiplayer) just feels like an oversight.

New tracks are pretty. So drat pretty.

ETA: Dear lord. 200CC. Even on the beginning tracks its a bit insane. I struggled with sweet sweet park, for instance. Best I can tell there are jumps where you DONT want to boost off of, because of how far they fling you.

HOPPED ONLINE. IMMEDIATELY TRIED 200CC. ROOM TRIES MUTE CITY. LIFE GOOD. SO FAST.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Apr 23, 2015

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Baby park is still fun as all hell, and the Animal Crossing stage is so beautiful it makes me want a wiiu AC game much more badly.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
200cc is a game-changer, holy crap

e: i see they still haven't weighed the vote system towards popular choices, sigh

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
200CC Excitebike is way better than Baby Park.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I'm BeanBunny, add me and we'll play sometime tonight or this weekend. I'm pretty bad though.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Bean posted:

I'm pretty bad though.

I'll add you as soon as I get home.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

200CC Excitebike is way better than Baby Park.

Just did this and holy poo poo

Grandpa Goodtimes
Oct 10, 2012

I know one bone in my body that works.
New tracks are amazing. 200cc is amazing. Mario Kart is forever good.

EDIT: Are we going to have new Goonvitational in honor of 200cc and complete DLC?

Grandpa Goodtimes fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 23, 2015

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
It's out, I can see it, I can taste it...but I have to...GO TO WORK! :shepicide:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh my god how do I 200cc D:

Excitebike really is great on 200cc though (and also the only one I can consistently 1st on the Grand Prix).

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
I'm liking these ones way better than the previous DLC (not that I didn't like them). I've only played Subway once but the rest of them just so feel so... right. In first, I lapped a guy on Baby Park and nailed him with a green shell as I went past. Hilarious.

Also, coming first on a track you've never played before kicks rear end.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Eindyin posted:

I'm liking these ones way better than the previous DLC (not that I didn't like them)
I think the first DLC still has the best tracks (Mute City, Hyrule Circuit), but this DLC has a stronger spread of tracks overall. There's no weak poo poo like Dragon Driftway dragging things down here.

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Apr 23, 2015

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
*click on Mario Kart *
*downloads update*
*installs update*
*click on single player*
*downloads DLC*
*installs DLC*

:argh: Let me play!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Cat Machine posted:

I think the first DLC still has some of the best tracks (Mute City, Hyrule Circuit), but this DLC has a stronger spread of tracks overall. There's no weak poo poo like Dragon Driftway dragging things down here.

Wait wait...for a second there, it really looked like you were shittalking Lakitu's turf. I wouldn't do that if I were you...Lakitu never forgives and never forgets.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I think I finally got 200cc down, especially after abandoning using the right stick for accelerate and starting to use Y instead for much better brake control. And Big Blue loving rules.

But holy poo poo mushrooms are a penalty and not a bonus in 200cc. They're a guaranteed express ticket to wallsville.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Dizz posted:

Baby park is still fun as all hell, and the Animal Crossing stage is so beautiful it makes me want a wiiu AC game much more badly.

Just wanna add that 200cc Baby Park is a literal battlefield. People have died on this track.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Here's something else they should fix in a future update: battle mode.

I would be 100% ok with them ignoring battle mode forever because these track/character updates are way better

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW4INU8s0nU

Here's me trying out 200cc, and getting one of the best endings to a race I've ever had.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
hi everyone this ownz so much ok cya

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going to see Avengers now but if anyone wants to play in a few hours my ID is "welldonebown"

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I always feel like Nintendo DLC is such a goddamn arse to install, why can't I just log into the game, have it download and go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
there's a lot to love about baby park but the music getting more frantic with each lap is my favourite little touch

• Locked thread