Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nah you need something with more spindly legs

got anything in high heels?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I need something with nonexistent ankles so it's liable to snap off from a stiff breeze. What do ya got for me

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I need something with nonexistent ankles so it's liable to snap off from a stiff breeze. What do ya got for me

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Moola posted:

nah you need something with more spindly legs

got anything in high heels?

Spindly legs aren't really common in Gundam. High heels is doable

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the next White Dwarf has rules for the Assassins and a new formation:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Captain Invictus posted:

I'm afraid I can't think of anything. Gundam models tend to be very well engineered and designed.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Wait according to my bank account sisters got a codex released in special digital form less then two years ago. How is that not a recent release? All the rules and everything were improved and made standard right? All my faith points were changed around and put into units didn't they? I am kind of confused here.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
because it was dogshit loving bad

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

perfect

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

I have no idea how the Warhammer 40k game works, could you restrict army lists to only robots?

Most of the armies have some sort of robot.

I think there's a 30k list from Forgeworld which represents Knight houses, so you have Knights in all slots. (inc. Troops for Obsec)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

I hope the new dex has a Riptide formation

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

TKIY posted:

Those are all from the Dataslate, so it's just a reprint. They did add how precision shots work to the Vindicare entry though.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it me, or does the Vindicare have huge, stonking feet?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I also noticed this

his feet look terrible

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Renfield
Feb 29, 2008
So the dataslate rules are in White Dwarf, costing £2.40, or in the actual dataslate costing £9.99 or £11.99 for the ipad version ?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Are you for real?

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Slimnoid posted:

Those are all from the Dataslate, so it's just a reprint. They did add how precision shots work to the Vindicare entry though.

Ah, thanks. I never bought the Dataslate so I thought the formation stuff might be new or the rules updated.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Irate Tree posted:

Is it me, or does the Vindicare have huge, stonking feet?

Not overly?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Big Willy Style posted:

Are you for real?

yeah I dont think his feet look good

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

it's funny that you circled his right foot when the other one has a better angle to show off the clown shoe

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Help me out here goons, still trying to piece together how I want to run a Skitarii list.

If I ally in some Battle Bros, can I embark on their transports and/or dedicated transports? Basically I want to know how to get my Vanguard and Ruststalkers into transports without a huge overhead from the allied detachment. I'm considering Valks from and Inquisition detachment (up to three from a single FA slot) but the rules are fuzzy to me on how this would work.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

Moola posted:

yeah I dont think his feet look good

You should probably circle the head and hands too, of every GW miniature ever because this is the nature of heroic scaling.

e: oh yeah and weapons.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Big Willy Style posted:

You should probably circle the head and hands too, of every GW miniature ever because this is the nature of heroic scaling.

e: oh yeah and weapons.

It's possible to do heroic scale without stupid clown shoes or monkey hands. Just look at the Catachan command squad vs plastic Catachan infantry.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Heralds of Ruin Kill Team question: if I'm making a Death Guard team and I take a Plague Champion, is the 4 point cost for being Death Guard included in the 11 points for the Plague Champion upgrade, or do I have to pay the 4 point cost on top of that despite the fact that the upgrade contains all the benefits the Death Guard rule would normally give me?

E: Think I answered my own question - once he takes the Plague Champion upgrade, he's no longer an Aspiring Champion (much the same way that an Apothecary is no longer a Veteran) and is not required to take the Legion upgrade.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 23, 2015

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

It's possible to do heroic scale without stupid clown shoes or monkey hands. Just look at the Catachan command squad vs plastic Catachan infantry.

Youre right but the vindicare feet hands and head look to be pretty in proportion to me (in proportion to heroic scale if that makes sense) I can't help but feel that Moola is nitpicking. He probably posts the most in the thread at the moment, has absolutely nothing of value to to the thread and has turned it into GW Death Thread mk2. It bums me out because this was my favourite threads in the forum that always had good content, people posting heaps of pictures of their rad poo poo and now it just really sucks and is a chore to read.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

TKIY posted:

Is this still listed as a Grey Knights formation or did they fix that?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

JerryLee posted:

it's funny that you circled his right foot when the other one has a better angle to show off the clown shoe

Looks like he's got big shoes to fill

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Big Willy Style posted:

Youre right but the vindicare feet hands and head look to be pretty in proportion to me (in proportion to heroic scale if that makes sense) I can't help but feel that Moola is nitpicking. He probably posts the most in the thread at the moment, has absolutely nothing of value to to the thread and has turned it into GW Death Thread mk2. It bums me out because this was my favourite threads in the forum that always had good content, people posting heaps of pictures of their rad poo poo and now it just really sucks and is a chore to read.

This was the best place for actual 40k discussion on the net as far as I've found. Now it's just full of spammy, unoriginal shitposters, who wouldn't cut the mustard on Warseer, spilling over from two or three other threads because that's how much they don't care about Warhammer. With added loving snuff.

It's a genuine pity.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

This was the best place for actual 40k discussion on the net as far as I've found. Now it's just full of spammy, unoriginal shitposters, who wouldn't cut the mustard on Warseer, spilling over from two or three other threads because that's how much they don't care about Warhammer. With added loving snuff.

It's a genuine pity.

Truly a post that doesn't contribute to the problem at all.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

1... 1 barrel AH AH AH!
2... 2 barrels AH AH AH!
3... 3 barrels AH AH AH!
4... 4 barrels AH AH AH!

The Sex Cannon
Nov 22, 2004

Eh. I'm pretty content with my current logo.

TKIY posted:

What's the restrictions on taking assassins, if any? Are they a 1-model detachment like Knights are?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I like this thing. I like it lots.

I've seen a few people on other forums complaining about the Vindicare's feet too, but I honestly think it's just the photo. It's already angled looking up towards him, and it's an oddly angled photo of the magazine page itself. If his feet are too big for your tastes then either swap them out with ones from another model or put some grass on his base to cover them up.

And if you're tired of the shitposts/ers, just put them on ignore. That's how I make Dakka almost tolerable.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Slimnoid posted:

Truly a post that doesn't contribute to the problem at all.

Yes, you're right. No one should dare to mention that this thread has gone completely and utterly to poo poo in the last few days. Because that might be rude to our guests.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Yes, you're right. No one should dare to mention that this thread has gone completely and utterly to poo poo in the last few days. Because that might be rude to our guests.

I formally apologize for posting that .gif and it's associated derail. I am a bad man. The end.

Now someone answer my question about allied transports.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

The Sex Cannon posted:

What's the restrictions on taking assassins, if any? Are they a 1-model detachment like Knights are?

Yeah. There's a detachment of a single elite, and the formation with all four types. They both give you the extra VP if an assassin kills their warlord, and the formation gives them all Preferred Enemy against the Warlord.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

36" ordnance twin linked s9 ap2 ugh better be cheap

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

Bitching about how poo poo it is won't change things. Either put them on ignore, or just don't talk about it/them. "Don't feed the trolls" and all that poo poo.

The Sex Cannon posted:

They're a detachment, yeah, so 1 model per.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

TKIY posted:

If I ally in some Battle Bros, can I embark on their transports and/or dedicated transports? Basically I want to know how to get my Vanguard and Ruststalkers into transports without a huge overhead from the allied detachment. I'm considering Valks from and Inquisition detachment (up to three from a single FA slot) but the rules are fuzzy to me on how this would work.

Dedicated Transports can only hold the unit that bought it before the game starts. Other transports can hold any BBs.

• Locked thread