Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Anyone ordered one of those Limefuel Nexus 5 battery cases? I'm looking for feedback on both the product and the shipping speed, because I want to ship it to my hotel in Boston when I'm there a couple weeks from now. Thaaaaaaanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I picked up an M7 off swappa as a gift for someone and when I insert a T-Mobile sim it tells me I need a network unlock code. I confirmed it isn't the sim because it works fine in my N6. The seller insists it's a T-Mobile M7. Is there something else that would cause this?

He's willing to take it back but if I can figure it out I'd like to keep it.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hooah posted:

God dammit. The wireless charger I ordered came today, and it's no more reliable than the cord. Probably less so. What the hell is the problem with this phone??

Hate to say it, but didn't you replace the non-user-replaceable battery in that phone? I know you've had a bunch of issues around that

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

ruby idiot railed posted:

That's the whole point of botting, you aren't personally hitting up poo poo for pennies at a time.

But the Google surveys only come through sporadically. It's not like a website where you can just click "give me another" when you're done. Your giant botnet of android phones would spend most of its time sitting around waiting to be given surveys. I just think there's probably more attractive targets for someone with a huge android botnet then scamming play store credit at a glacial pace.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

My train station is next to a Walgreen (as in, I usually find myself leaning against the Walgreens while I wait), so I get surveys all the time asking the last time I went to a Walgreens. Turns out "yesterday" and "walked there" gets me more money than "oh, no, Google, I didn't actually go IN the store"

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Yo their precautions and restrictions are probably more about ensuring good survey data than how much of their google funbucks they give out. Nobody's gonna pay them to do a survey if they have unreliable responses.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

baka kaba posted:

Hate to say it, but didn't you replace the non-user-replaceable battery in that phone? I know you've had a bunch of issues around that

That's true. I don't have any reason to believe it wasn't an OEM battery, and I did pop the phone open to inspect the battery connection. Funnily enough, it's misbehaving quite a bit less now, although still enough to be an annoyance. I just wish the Moto G would've been a decent holdover phone, but it really couldn't keep up.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

I imagine it's also just trying to control for people who blindly provide bullshit answers.

Google's also offering the survey system to newspapers as a paywall system - you can't read the article until you answer a survey. I saw this survey just this morning, and it seems like it's either an attempt to botproof or just filter out responses from people who don't read before clicking.

madkapitolist
Feb 5, 2006
I enabled SMS in google hangouts and I am receiving my texts that go to my google voice number, in hang outs. However whenever I get a text, it shows a muted notification icon next to it so I am not alerted when I get texts. It doesn't even show in the notification tray.

I have notifications enabled for google hangouts and for SMS (under google hangouts). Is there something else I need to enable? I am running lollipop.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

Desk Lamp posted:

You can customize the quick settings toggles along the top of the notification shade, it's likely the multi-window toggle is already up there if you swipe left. If it's not there you can swipe down with two fingers on the notification shade to get all the available toggles and turn it off there. From that screen you can tap on the pencil icon to select which toggles you want showing up along the top. I don't know if this made it to the S6, but you should also be able to long press the back button to toggle multiwindow on and off.

Unfortunately none of that is on the S6, can't even 2 finger swipe to see all of the toggles etc.

These are all quick toggles available on my S6 (edge). There is no multi-window toggle, there is no option that I have found in the settings menu to disable it either. The version of TouchWiz on the S6 seems to be vastly dumbed down compared to other Samsung phones which is good overall, but it seems a lot of options were left out. The multi-window thing for me at least isn't a problem at all, for my gf I think it's because she's used to how iOS works and on a smaller screen as she upgraded from a 5S.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

:barf:

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den
Folks, this is why we tell you not to buy a Samsung.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

nimper posted:

Folks, this is why we tell you not to buy a Samsung.
No but THIS time it'll be better. Really.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
You can't install apps to the SD card on a Moto G. I have the second gen Moto G, and honestly I'm not hurting for space at all. I have an SD card for music/photos (second gen has an SD card slot) and I have a ton of apps installed. No games though.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
God drat that's heinous

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

You can't install apps to the SD card on a Moto G. I have the second gen Moto G, and honestly I'm not hurting for space at all. I have an SD card for music/photos (second gen has an SD card slot) and I have a ton of apps installed. No games though.
So, umm, I'm not saying you're wrong but I eventually dug up this page where Motorola says I can:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/101006/p/30,6720,9151
Maybe you can but most apps don't support it?

Tunga fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 23, 2015

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
I can't believe you paid money for that.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

Tunga posted:

So, umm, I'm not saying you're wrong but I eventually dug up this page where Motorola says I can:
https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/101006/p/30,6720,9151
Maybe you can buy most apps don't support it?

That's media, not apps. If you store media on the internal storeage somehow, the second gen moto g gives you an option to transfer it to your SD card without you having to muck around in a file manager.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

That's media, not apps
From that page:

quote:

Installing or Moving Applications to your SD card

Some applications are getting quite large. For your device, we have enabled the ability for a consumer to install and move applications from internal storage to his SD card. Applications moved to the SD card still appear in the apps tray, and runs.

The “On SD card” tab, under Settings -> Apps displays the list of applications which can be moved to the card, as well as these already installed on the card.

You can move each application back and forth through each “app info” settings view (“move to SD card”). Please wait until each move has completed before exiting the App info panel.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF
I quite like the S6 overall. Never been a fan of touchwiz which is one of the reasons I never kept a Note longer than a couple months even though it was a great device. While I don't need or care about the vast amount of quick toggles available (my HTC One has like 30 of them) it would be nice for some things to be available, even in the actual settings menu. Perhaps they will add these things in a future software release (don't count on it). Other than that I can't find any problems with the phone. It's just somewhere in the middle between iphone and aosp levels of setting controls.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

hotsauce posted:

The Goon darling 2014 Moto X is $249 shipped on eBay (good seller):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191553354967

Unlocked 32 gig AT&T version. Swappa is upwards of $360, so this is a solid deal. Used it looks like, but it's $249.

Sorry I'm kinda dumb but since this is unlocked, does it mean it works with T-Mobile?

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Is the back button switched on the S6 still? Oddly that may be the only thing I couldn't get over if I went to the new Samsung.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MycroftXXX posted:

Sorry I'm kinda dumb but since this is unlocked, does it mean it works with T-Mobile?

If this is accurate:

quote:

UMTS/HSPA+ (850, 900, 1700 (AWS), 1900, 2100 MHz)
4G LTE (2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 17)
Then yes.

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

Endless Mike posted:

If this is accurate:

Then yes.

Awesome. I bought my girl an N5 for Christmas which has been a pretty big disappointment. I'm gonna see if she would want this and I can sell her N5.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

kitten smoothie posted:

I imagine it's also just trying to control for people who blindly provide bullshit answers.

Google's also offering the survey system to newspapers as a paywall system - you can't read the article until you answer a survey. I saw this survey just this morning, and it seems like it's either an attempt to botproof or just filter out responses from people who don't read before clicking.

I got this one this morning too and almost messed it up because I didn't see Texas the first time.

It's me, I am the bot.

thebushcommander
Apr 16, 2004
HAY
GUYS
MAKE
ME A
FUNNY,
I'M TOO
STUPID
TO DO
IT BY
MYSELF

TraderStav posted:

Is the back button switched on the S6 still? Oddly that may be the only thing I couldn't get over if I went to the new Samsung.

Back button is on the right side

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

thebushcommander posted:

Let's not start this again. Google supports capacitive and hardware buttons and any layout so long as they stop using the old Menu button past Ice Cream Sandwich.

Edit: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/source.android.com/en/us/compatibility/android-cdd.pdf chapter 7.2.3

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lblitzer posted:

Let's not start this again. Google supports capacitive and hardware buttons and any layout so long as they stop using the old Menu button past Ice Cream Sandwich.

Edit: http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/source.android.com/en/us/compatibility/android-cdd.pdf chapter 7.2.3

He was just answering a question about which side the back button was on, on the S6....

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

He was just answering a question about which side the back button was on, on the S6....

drat, I've become so cynical thanks to this thread. I also can't believe how blatant it is that it was a simple question. My apologies bush haha

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Which car mount should I get for my droid turbo? I have a 2009 civic. I am willing to do dealextreme or ebay, just not willing to spend 60+ on this proclip thing. Cheers!

Oh I need one for a 2012 civic and a samsung s5 for my WIFE.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 23, 2015

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Verizon just pushed the lollipop update to my note3. Play store isn't working and a service called unified daemon eur is using up a shitload of battery. My battery life is less than half what it was yesterday.

Tried googling around but most posts about it are a year old. Is there a fix? Wait for another update?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Google surveys has broken videos, I think. The survey I'm doing has me watching a video...except it's not playing and I can't go further until it plays.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

ThermoPhysical posted:

Google surveys has broken videos, I think. The survey I'm doing has me watching a video...except it's not playing and I can't go further until it plays.
Yeah, I ran into the same issue on my Nexus 6 the other day.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

hooah posted:

That's true. I don't have any reason to believe it wasn't an OEM battery, and I did pop the phone open to inspect the battery connection. Funnily enough, it's misbehaving quite a bit less now, although still enough to be an annoyance. I just wish the Moto G would've been a decent holdover phone, but it really couldn't keep up.

Well I'm not saying the battery is necessarily bad, just that you seem to have a lot of power issues, so personally I'd suspect something about the replacement process ain't right

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ThermoPhysical posted:

It worked fine for me. It had a short ad and asked me what I thought about it. The first question was "did the video play?" Got a buck from it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

thebushcommander posted:

Thanks, for those who were used to it on the left was it tolerable after a period of T
transition or no?

Also, does the Tylt Vu have the ability to mount to the standard hole pattern on proclip mounts or strictly suction cup? I have one of the proclip mounts that bolts on my frame and would prefer not to remove if it I can still utilize it.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM

TraderStav posted:

Thanks, for those who were used to it on the left was it tolerable after a period of T
transition or no?

You won't even notice it after 3 days. You're over-thinking it.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

You won't even notice it after 3 days. You're over-thinking it.

Great, I generally do.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

thebushcommander posted:

Unfortunately none of that is on the S6, can't even 2 finger swipe to see all of the toggles etc.

These are all quick toggles available on my S6 (edge). There is no multi-window toggle, there is no option that I have found in the settings menu to disable it either. The version of TouchWiz on the S6 seems to be vastly dumbed down compared to other Samsung phones which is good overall, but it seems a lot of options were left out. The multi-window thing for me at least isn't a problem at all, for my gf I think it's because she's used to how iOS works and on a smaller screen as she upgraded from a 5S.

I can't stop laughing at this. I keep imagining a nasally voice warbling about user-replaceable battery and SD card slots and having the ability to turn literally anything on or off at will and it's like Samsung took all of that XDA shittery, boiled it down to a cheese-smelling syrup, and made a phone out of it. Look at all those goddamn toggles and poo poo, loving christ. I half expect them to include a toggle for subtitles in the media player app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Only the first 2 rows are what you actually see, or can scroll to, on the pull down. The rest on that screenshot are ones you can swap in. You don't see that whole drat page every time you open the quick settings, that's the editing menu.