Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Anora posted:

Does she actually do something in issue 4, issue 2 and 3 were basically just faffing about while the writer tried to tell internet memes at the bottom of the page.

You just read the page. She defeats Galactus!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is a squirrel suit like a bee suit? IE What Doom needs?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm the guy who doesn't like Squirrel Girl, it's me

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Blockhouse posted:

I'm the guy who doesn't like Squirrel Girl, it's me
literally subhuman

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ghostlight posted:

literally subhuman

If I want dinosaur comics I'll read dinosaur comics I don't need to see ryan north just regurgitate the same comedy style through Galactus

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

Is a squirrel suit like a bee suit? IE What Doom needs?

No. Unless Doom needs a suit composed of entirely of bee-

Doom should team up with Swarm.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

If I want dinosaur comics I'll read dinosaur comics I don't need to see ryan north just regurgitate the same comedy style through Galactus

You're right. Every author should tell only a single story and then retire. Someone better go tell Hickman to cancel his Avengers run, I don't want to read Fantastic Four through The Avengers.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

ImpAtom posted:

You're right. Every author should tell only a single story and then retire. Someone better go tell Hickman to cancel his Avengers run, I don't want to read Fantastic Four through The Avengers.

Yeah, you're right, I picked a really bad way to phrase my problem with it

To me, it's fine when God in Dinosaur Comics is saying that or anyone in Adventure Time because hey that's who those characters are but when it's Galactus? It breaks for me. Howard the Duck does a way better job of being funny while remaining in somewhat in-character with everyone.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Nah, Squirrel Girl is awesome. gently caress consistency. Galactus being a giant squirrel is great.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm not trying to change anyone's mind here, I'm just saying what bugs me about it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Think of it this way: Everyone perceives Galactus differently. The FF expect this portentous bringer of doom, so he talks like that in their mind. SG expects a hungry bro, so he talks like that for her.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Think of it this way: Everyone perceives Galactus differently. The FF expect this portentous bringer of doom, so he talks like that in their mind. SG expects a hungry bro, so he talks like that for her.

Just because it's a cool page:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
I heard someones putting memes in comics :toughguy:

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Gaz-L posted:

Do his twitter posts change depending on who reads them too?

I kind of enjoyed SG but each successive issue made me less and less interested. :shrug: I'm happy people enjoy it and I think it's great she finally has her own book.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

What would happen if someone took a photo of Galactus??? Would it look like an anthropomorphic camera in a purple and blue suit?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There's no way you could capture him on film. It'd be like trying to take a picture of the sun at close range.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

The Midniter posted:

What would happen if someone took a photo of Galactus??? Would it look like an anthropomorphic camera in a purple and blue suit?

Pretty sure it's supposed to be in a Lovecraftian monster way so even in a photo your mind wouldn't be able to fully comprehend what you're seeing without freaking out or trying to rationalize.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
What about the Marvel comics that are published in-universe? What would a drawing of Galactus look like?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

e: VV I guess this would only be if it were drawn by a mysterious advanced race of Pencil People.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Avulsion posted:

What about the Marvel comics that are published in-universe? What would a drawing of Galactus look like?

A drawing is done based on what the person who draw it saw. So it'd be a large man in a dorky horned hat.wearing a kilt.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Avulsion posted:

Like whatever the artist envisioned him as being since the concept of galactus is being processed by a sentient being?

Galactuschat is neither funny nor panels :|

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Whatever you think he looks like. It just looks that way to everyone else as well. A 4 year old scrawling on a page finishes and looks down on an apparently photo-realistic image of an impossible, planet-destroying god-thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But what if Galactus took a selfie?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Phylodox posted:

I bet Galacta has taken a selfie at some point.

(Adam Warren of Empowered gave Galactus a teenage daughter. Yup.)

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Uthor posted:

I bet Galacta has taken a selfie at some point.

(Adam Warren of Empowered gave Galactus a teenage daughter. Yup.)

That seems like one of those things that could be either awesome stupid or just plain stupid so I looked up some pictures and it looks like it's definitely the latter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Oh god don't criticize Adam Warren, you'll get them started.

Not sure of the source, but the safe bet is Spidey Super Stories.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is all moot anyway. We've heard from very trustworthy sources on the matter that Galactus was fake anyway.

Monsters, Myths, and Marvels

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Phylodox posted:

That seems like one of those things that could be either awesome stupid or just plain stupid so I looked up some pictures and it looks like it's definitely the latter.

It's been a long time since I read it, but I think it fell more towards the stupid, stupid side. Lots of tired teenage girl cliches. I'll maybe flip through it after work, see if there's anything gold in there.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
That's pretty much it. Galactus, but a teenage girl with daddy issues, and a lot of Warren's made-up sci-fi slang. If that sounds funny or you dig his style, it's fun; if not, it's probably pretty annoying.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Screw all y'all. THIS is the true form of Galactus.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

Only when looked at by the Ballchinian from Men in Black 2.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

Cangelosi posted:

Hope Scottie Young doesn't sue.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Phylodox posted:

You asked for it. Sort of.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chinston Wurchill posted:

You asked for it. Sort of.

No, that's Doreen Green taking a selfie with Galactus.

What do Galactus' selfies look like...to Galactus?!? :tinfoil:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Phylodox posted:

No, that's Doreen Green taking a selfie with Galactus.

What do Galactus' selfies look like...to Galactus?!? :tinfoil:

The most powerful being the in the Marvel universe

Jack Kirby

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Winter Soldier 5

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Arctic Baldwin posted:

The most powerful being the in the Marvel universe

Jack Kirby

With antlers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Winter Soldier 5

Fury is one to talk.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Rhyno posted:

Fury is one to talk.

NO, Stark makes them, Fury does however buy them in bulk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A true leader knows when to delegate!