Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Yorihime gets to be the Extra boss and you 'beat' her the same way Cirno 'beats' Marisa in Fairy Wars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Yorihime gets to be the Extra boss and you 'beat' her the same way Cirno 'beats' Marisa in Fairy Wars.

Reimu would totally kick Yorihime's rear end if she was actually involved in an incident. :colbert:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
ZUN's on record saying that he can't put Yorhime into a game because an unbeatable boss defies all gaming logic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Well, Yorihime is basically moon Reimu and so I gather from evidence that I have just made up that much like Reimu she will get a power-down when she fights as an instigator of an incident instead. And that therefore Reimu could totally kick her rear end in the right circumstances.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Clarste posted:

ZUN's on record saying that he can't put Yorhime into a game because an unbeatable boss defies all gaming logic.

ZUN has obviously never played FFXI.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

As I recall, that boss was totally beatable until the devs kept patching all the ways players found to beat it.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Considering ZUN's affinity for the Darius series, I wouldn't be surprised if this new thing he was trying had something to do with branching paths.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

That's probably why it's hard for him to make a trial too. That said, he's already experimented with that in Fairy Wars, so there must be more to it than that.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
My dream Touhou game is one where you play as Shiki Eiki with the Ikaruga gimmick.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder

amuayse posted:

My dream Touhou game is one where you play as Shiki Eiki with the Ikaruga gimmick.

Would you settle for Yuyuko?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ciov6lm3QP0

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

brave nazi aviator posted:

reimu is paralyzed by self-doubt and sexual impotence and must defeat not youkai but manifestations of her own tortured psyche
Lol at the notion that there'll ever be anything even slightly hinting towards anything sexual in 2hu.

Although the reactions to the love letters were pretty cute.

Clarste posted:

Final Fantasy (Not just XI) had a bunch of unbeatable bosses, didn't it?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Most RPGs have some dick move unbeatable bosses for story reasons really, ZUN should play more of those.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I think the theory is that some subset of players will always try to find a way to beat those bosses, and often succeed. He doesn't want Yorihime to get exploited by game mechanics to death.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nikenme-radio

ZUN drinking beer, live.

Why not? :)

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Wonder why the peanut gallery wouldn't shut up about Coke?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I've always wanted to hear a remix combining one of the Lunerian themes (Lunatic Eyes, Voyage 69/70, Gensyoko Millennium, or Lunatic Princess) with the main theme from Star Trek.

(Also fanart of the Einteni crew in Trek outfits :heysexy: )

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9AyieAvQtU
wait poo poo wrong series
(Mohican Sandbag owns)

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

SirPhoebos posted:

I've always wanted to hear a remix combining one of the Lunerian themes (Lunatic Eyes, Voyage 69/70, Gensyoko Millennium, or Lunatic Princess) with the main theme from Star Trek.

(Also fanart of the Einteni crew in Trek outfits :heysexy: )

Which theme? The one with the ladyvocals from the original series, or the more epic one from TNG?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Justus posted:

Which theme? The one with the ladyvocals from the original series, or the more epic one from TNG?

Any would be cool, though my favorite Star Trek theme is the one used in Wrath of Khan & The Search for Spock.

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!
whats the % overlap between star trek fans, touhou fans, and people who are not permitted within 1000 yards of a school

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Depends. Did Aatrek ever post here?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aatrek hated anime

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

"Touhou isn't an anime!" -every youtube comment section ever

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Why is Ronald Reagan in my Touhou dubstep remix album

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Alstroameria just does that.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Clarste posted:

As I recall, that boss was totally beatable until the devs kept patching all the ways players found to beat it.

Well, it wasn't supposed to be. It actually didn't even have a loot table until a group killed it for the first time and SE realised "Oh right, people are actually going to try to kill this thing."

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

the wildest rear end posted:

Aatrek hated anime

Of course he did. Whenever he watched it, he would wind up in jail.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Why is Ronald Reagan in my Touhou dubstep remix album

The moon blew up the star wars satellites

tupac holocron
Apr 23, 2008
The son of Maryam is about to descend amongst you as a correct ruler, he will break the cross and kill the pig!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wow. Mokou's rude as hell.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What I assume is the source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m0ubTz3yQ4

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Think it's from this. Scroll down a bit.

Koishi looks like a psychopath as usual, so all is well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Something also worth noting from those screenshots is that each character's theme is being remixed by a different artist. A bunch of famous doujin arrangers.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it's kinda noticeable how different everything sounds. Plus there's a big fat "ARRANGED BY X" popup in the video whenever a new stage starts.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The presentation of the game seems top notch. I just hope it plays well...

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Mamizou's Urban Legend is the MiB?

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Hey so a free Touhou-like game came out a few days ago: http://www.siliconera.com/2015/04/24/touhou-like-shmup-jigoku-kisetsukan-released-for-free-on-pc/

It's not good about always ensuring you have at least one bomb after dying, but other than that it's pretty good and worth a download

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m-us2yE0s4

The trailer for ULiL is Actually Out instead of being phone-captured or w/e from a display

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

HGH posted:

So Urban Limbo's site updated and those leaks we heard about so long ago got confirmed.
The characters are looking great. I love this artist.

Did this have 3 pages before? Could have sworn it was just the one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

WeeabooJudas posted:

Did this have 3 pages before? Could have sworn it was just the one.

It was just one, but they've added all the other characters now