Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Nephthys posted:

I think the best thing would be if we just never see her again. Its the best punishment for her trying to steal all the spotlight for herself.

Aranea progressed the plot faster than any single character in Homestuck. She is the hero we deserve, though not the one Shippers want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I would point out that I think snuggling up to Dave is the first time we've ever seen Karkat smile.

He gay. They gay.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
im gay?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Now I want an update of Jade sitting on the ship alone for three years. :getin:

In real-time.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

Aranea progressed the plot faster than any single character in Homestuck. She is the hero we deserve, though not the one Shippers want.

Speaking of Aranea, I'm seeing a lot of people saying that most of Gamzee's meteor actions were because of her. I thought that she only started influencing him when he stole the ring for her. The horrible black romance with Terezi, breaking off the moraillegence with Karkat, his dream bubble shenanigans... that was all him right, I'm not forgetting something am I?

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Everyone seems to be assuming that Vriska stopped Rose from drinking purely for ~*friendship*~ reasons, which sorta fits with the tone of the flash as a whole but to me seems jarringly out of character even so. It seems a little more likely to me that she did it to make Rose look bad in front of Kanaya on their first date, considering how she also muscled in on their reading time.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think that she just likes being the big hero who solves problems so people like her, and that was a problem that needed solving.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Now that Vriska has Aradia's timetables (was it Aradia's? I forget), we've got three living characters with reset powers: Dave (who claims to have sworn them off), John (who is the loosest cannon that ever ran over somebody's foot and crushed it), and Vriska.

I see no way in which this could possibly go wrong.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Vriska and John get into a slapfight over relationships that escalates into them completely obliterating canon by way of Time Bullshit

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

WAR FOOT posted:

Now that Vriska has never died, how's that going to affect the whole "treasure hunt" Aranea and dead-Vriska went on to find the Sburb logo thing?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

mr. stefan posted:

Vriska and John get into a slapfight over relationships that escalates into them completely obliterating canon by way of Time Bullshit
Speaking of which:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Rose Spirit posted:

Everyone seems to be assuming that Vriska stopped Rose from drinking purely for ~*friendship*~ reasons, which sorta fits with the tone of the flash as a whole but to me seems jarringly out of character even so. It seems a little more likely to me that she did it to make Rose look bad in front of Kanaya on their first date, considering how she also muscled in on their reading time.

You really don't get how light players work, do you? If there is a problem, the light player will take the most efficient, obtrusive, direct route to fixing that problem. The fact that Kanaya showed up on scene at the right moment is not that important to the fact that Vriska is literally slapping Rose's source of addiction out of her hand. See Rose with the green sun and Aranea with fixing the timeline.

Also, Vriska still thinks she's pale with Kanaya. It's a major character point in Kanaya's development that she literally put herself in the pale corner with Vriska. Vriska's not at all competing with Rose for Kanaya's affections in terms of troll romance.

It isn't like we haven't had light players rubbing their asses in our faces for the entirety of the comic trying to get our attention, you'd think everyone by now would have gotten a whiff and figured this stuff out.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Ramos posted:

Also, Vriska still thinks she's pale with Kanaya. It's a major character point in Kanaya's development that she literally put herself in the pale corner with Vriska. Vriska's not at all competing with Rose for Kanaya's affections in terms of troll romance.
I figure Kanaya was done with Vriska after the dress incident.

On the other hand, maybe she's reconsidering now that she has less friends walking around.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bell_ posted:

On the other hand, maybe she's reconsidering now that she has less friends walking around.

Important to remember Kanaya might be done with Vriska but at no point did she ever tell her this, just passive aggressively avoided her.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

PleasingFungus posted:

My favorite thing about this flash is that it finally, finally feels like we're starting to wind things up and move towards some kind of ending.

This truly is... Homestuck, the Final Acts.

Homestuck: The Final Years

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Homestuck has lasted about as long as an ill-advised military commitment in the Middle East.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I just can't get over how drat adorable Karkat and Dave are. Though I'm still hoping they're just BFFs now...I know, I know, gay singularity and all, but I always find close friendships in a story far more heartwarming than ships. I guess because they're rarer.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Plus it's gonna be chaos when Jade steps back into the picttthhrrrrgggggnoooo what am I doooiiing WHAT HAVE YOU MADE ME DOOOOO

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Zoe posted:

I just can't get over how drat adorable Karkat and Dave are. Though I'm still hoping they're just BFFs now...I know, I know, gay singularity and all, but I always find close friendships in a story far more heartwarming than ships. I guess because they're rarer.

Karkat's unrelenting white-hot sincerity has always been the only thing able to get through all of Dave's ironic self-defense mechanisms. Dave's cucumber coolness tamps down Karkat's constant flood of Emotion. Now that Karkat's not eaten up with guilt over loving up his thing with Gamzee, their relationship started off less antagonistic, and nature took its course.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Blackheart posted:

Plus it's gonna be chaos when Jade steps back into the picttthhrrrrgggggnoooo what am I doooiiing WHAT HAVE YOU MADE ME DOOOOO

THE SHIPS ARE COMING FROM INSIDE THE THREAD!

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Oxxidation posted:

Karkat's unrelenting white-hot sincerity has always been the only thing able to get through all of Dave's ironic self-defense mechanisms. Dave's cucumber coolness tamps down Karkat's constant flood of Emotion. Now that Karkat's not eaten up with guilt over loving up his thing with Gamzee, their relationship started off less antagonistic, and nature took its course.

When you average the two of them out you get a couple that can emote like an emotionally-mature adult!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Zoe posted:

Close Friendship Dave and Karkat are ghosts in the dream bubbles. Definitely Gay Dave and Karkat are currently the leading Dave and Karkat. At this point I don't think Hussie could walk that back and live, I took a glance at tumblr and you'd think all that happened in that flash was Karkat smiling and resting a hand on Dave.

As for Vriska fixing Rose's drinking problem, I figure Vriska still thinks she's friends with Kanaya even if Kanaya's a bit over her, so if Rose's drinking was making Kanaya upset but nobody could really bring themselves to be direct about it (like in the last timeline) Vriska's the sort of crass personality to kick off an impromptu intervention. Besides, a lot of the other pressures and uncertainties that really drove Rose's drinking in the previous timeline have been relieved, the whole group environment is miles better.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Meanwhile on the SS Harleybert, Jade has discovered a love of Rose's Mom's liquor cabinet.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

http://www.paradoxspace.com/summerteen-romance/20

GOD DAMNIT HUSSIE. I know you had a part in this!

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
This is all well and good but can a happy Karkat be said to be a real Karkat at all?

Also now that we've got Gay Dave I wonder if we'll get Straight Dirk in exchange?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Ramos posted:

She did start crushing on her at one point. Whether Vriska is trying to fix problems, or just jealous and obnoxious, or both of those things, is totally up in the air.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

Oxxidation posted:

I'm going with this as well because this really feels like diamonds to me more than hearts, and nonsexual physical closeness is certainly a thing Nepeta and Equius did so it's not that unreasonable.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

She did start crushing on her at one point. Whether Vriska is trying to fix problems, or just jealous and obnoxious, or both of those things, is totally up in the air.

Augh, gently caress, completely forgot about that. Well, I still sincerely think Vriska's out to help Rose.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR

Ramos posted:

You really don't get how light players work, do you? If there is a problem, the light player will take the most efficient, obtrusive, direct route to fixing that problem. The fact that Kanaya showed up on scene at the right moment is not that important to the fact that Vriska is literally slapping Rose's source of addiction out of her hand. See Rose with the green sun and Aranea with fixing the timeline.

You really don't get how emotionally manipulative people work, do you? Obviously, in order to take that course of action in the first place, Vriska knew that there was a problem with Rose drinking and that doing that particular thing might help Rose solve it. That in no way prevents that action from having the consequence of making Rose look foolish in Kanaya's eyes as well for doing the problematic thing. Vriska would even get to be the center of attention because she called her out.

quote:

Bell_ posted:

For Vriska not trying to compete in terms of affection, it sure does seem strange that the only time we see either Rose or Kanaya in conjunction with Vriska in this flash after the initial meetup is when she's interrupting their time together. Vriska never seemed all that happy with Kanaya as a moirail anyway as far as I could tell.

Ugh so many emotions about fictional teens.

ETA: Tenebrais probably made my point a lot better than I did.

KoB
May 1, 2009

PleasingFungus posted:

My favorite thing about this flash is that it finally, finally feels like we're starting to wind things up and move towards some kind of ending.

This truly is... Homestuck, the Final Acts.

Yes, a slightly different version of what we spent an entire year reading is finally leading into the ending.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

CidGregor posted:

I'm going with this as well because this really feels like diamonds to me more than hearts

Oh my crispy gently caress I didn't mean it like that, I'd actually managed to forget about the quadrants, why would you take this away from me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Zoe posted:

Also now that we've got Gay Dave I wonder if we'll get Straight Dirk in exchange?

Thanks gay dave

Thayve

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tenebrais posted:

Pretty sure it's both. Yeah she's fixing things, but she's doing it the only way she knows how: by just doing whatever she wants and not taking into account anyone else's feelings.

I mean, come on, she sees two people cuddling up and reading a book together and she immediately joins them with a "hey, whatcha readin?" look.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Zoe posted:

This is all well and good but can a happy Karkat be said to be a real Karkat at all?

Of course not, it's the same Dirk just with some events retconned. His superhuman gayness didn't stop being a thing.

Dolash posted:

Close Friendship Dave and Karkat are ghosts in the dream bubbles.

I don't think this is the case. Lame Vriska is an exception, having been a ghost in the dream bubbles I think. The retcon was different than time travel so their history was either literally rewritten or the "wrong" versions just vanished, no doomed timelines involved. John of course wasn't even sure about what would happen with those left behind after doing Terezi's list. The changes were made as subtly as possible (as subtle as John can be) so a lot of stuff still happened the same way but with less negative outcomes.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Of course not, it's the same Dirk just with some events retconned. His superhuman gayness didn't stop being a thing.

I don't think this is the case. Lame Vriska is an exception, having been a ghost in the dream bubbles I think. The retcon was different than time travel so their history was either literally rewritten or the "wrong" versions just vanished, no doomed timelines involved. John of course wasn't even sure about what would happen with those left behind after doing Terezi's list. The changes were made as subtly as possible (as subtle as John can be) so a lot of stuff still happened the same way but with less negative outcomes.

But almost everyone died before the retcon itself, so they would have ended up in the dreambubbles before the retcon happened, just like old-Vriska.

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 23, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

ThaumPenguin posted:

But almost everyone died before the retcon itself, so they would have ended up in the dreambubbles before the retcon happened, just old-Vriska.

WELL YES BUT

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Oxxidation posted:

Don't forget the triangle over Terezi. The fight that started with Dave making Karkat draw penises on a shipping chart and ended with Dave suplexing Karkat was over sharing Terezi's time. After Terezi took "you don't need him" to heart, Karkat and Dave can just hang. Or whatever.

Did anybody catch who had the wallet in the Flash? My eyes just aren't fast enough, and the artist who did that panel (if it wasn't Hussie) didn't post it. Meanwhile, I'm sitting at home trying to think of the worst thing Hussie can do to my emotions so I'll be prepared. Hah.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I finally realized what it is that rings false about the shot of Dave and Karkat to me. Neither of them are guarded or belligerent. They're just... getting along, without sparring or posturing or being tragic or giving a hyperbolic amount of gently caress (whether super-ironically or super-sincerely) about something trivial. I suppose that's indicative of growth, but there's so little precedent for either of them to act that way that it's really difficult to say that anything predicated on both of them behaving thus at once, toward each other, feels natural. One speaks of chemistry, but these are such rare isotopes of these characters that we hardly have an idea of why anything is happening.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Burkion posted:

http://www.paradoxspace.com/summerteen-romance/20

GOD DAMNIT HUSSIE. I know you had a part in this!
I am out of colorful phrases representing astonishment at having been hoodwinked.

Bongo Bill posted:

I finally realized what it is that rings false about the shot of Dave and Karkat to me. Neither of them are guarded or belligerent. They're just... getting along, without sparring or posturing or being tragic or giving a hyperbolic amount of gently caress (whether super-ironically or super-sincerely) about something trivial
Again, we're seeing VriskaVision and there's no reason she'd snapshot Karkat getting under Dave's skin or Dave using god powers to punch Karkat out. Vriska's narrative is that, for once, everybody was happy. That said, even within that narrative they are having a manic set of children's games, and good old Dave drew a hopscotch penis to annoy Karkat. Note also the various glares in the card game.

Ikimaru and J.N. Wiedle have posted some of their frames. Ikimaru said she had (unspecified) troubles drawing the penis-hopscotch and a friend did it on a file she doesn't have.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Don't forget the triangle over Terezi. The fight that started with Dave making Karkat draw penises on a shipping chart and ended with Dave suplexing Karkat was over sharing Terezi's time. After Terezi took "you don't need him" to heart, Karkat and Dave can just hang. Or whatever.

Did anybody catch who had the wallet in the Flash? My eyes just aren't fast enough, and the artist who did that panel (if it wasn't Hussie) didn't post it. Meanwhile, I'm sitting at home trying to think of the worst thing Hussie can do to my emotions so I'll be prepared. Hah.

Anthony Carver is Lord English all along