Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Cinderhulk Hecarim and regular Maokai & Sion are the three best top laners imo right now, Cinderhulk Shyvana is something that should really only work in Solo Queue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Best team comp imo is:

Maokai or Hec
Sejuani
Mid is matchup dependent but probably Ahri or Urgot
Kalista
Thresh, Kennen or Nautilus

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Game over in 18:30

Yeessh

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
19 minute win, lol

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Disinterested posted:

Best team comp imo is:

Maokai or Hec
Sejuani
Mid is matchup dependent but probably Ahri or Urgot
Kalista
Thresh, Kennen or Nautilus

I think you're overrating Kalista/Kennen but yeah, those are better. It's just you can't reasonably expect to get all those in a draft - that was the best realistic draft I've seen in competitive on this patch.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I think you're overrating Kalista/Kennen but yeah, those are better. It's just you can't reasonably expect to get all those in a draft - that was the best realistic draft I've seen in competitive on this patch.

Kalista is fp/ban in Korea, if you know how to snowball she just runs people over.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Yeah I agree with Sexpansion. Usually you get some of the power picks banned or taken away.

I think Ahri, Jinx, Janna are all #1 in their respective roles, and Gragas and Sion are both top 3. Only way that comp could have been stronger was if it had Hecarim/Sejuani.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

Libertine posted:

How many teams have lost with Cinderhulk Shyvana in the last few weeks? This game just sort of reminds me how much Shyvana is just a lovely version of Maokai. Goes in without the CC and even when massively ahead in CS/gold manages to do way less.

I think it's extremely good but it scales quickly, not well. You need to use it to snowball & not to farm a bunch of tank stuff that doesn't matter that much.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

Libertine posted:

Yeah I agree with Sexpansion. Usually you get some of the power picks banned or taken away.

I think Ahri, Jinx, Janna are all #1 in their respective roles, and Gragas and Sion are both top 3. Only way that comp could have been stronger was if it had Hecarim/Sejuani.

I think Janna is the best support, but not the best support with Kalista, and I think Kalista is better than Jinx for high-level pro play.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I'm pretty convinced by kalistia Kennan at this point bc it's pretty sick midgame and gives both champs a ton more threat but it also lets you abuse kalistas completely stupid w damage with ease in early lanes. I mean you'll fall off a little if you go hurricane bt or whatever but who cares really games don't actually go that long right now.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lulu just teleported less than a screen's worth of distance...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

Lulu just teleported less than a screen's worth of distance...

And so ends the first round of the garbage tournament, which will send one garbage team to MSI, and that team will get dumpstered (respectively).

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Sexpansion posted:

I think this is the real reason for Hai's fall-off in play over the last split - there was a time when he was the best NA midlaner.

In a land before time when Reginald & Scarra were in midlane maybe. You know he used to be able to play whatever in the midlane because there was no way any team was going to out strategy C9 and he'd do just fine. Once Bjerg showed up, and then XWX, he wasn't even in the same class as them.

But he was still probably a top 5 mid because the pool wasn't very strong. His weakness mostly stood out internationally & vs TSM.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerkface posted:

In a land before time when Reginald & Scarra were in midlane maybe. You know he used to be able to play whatever in the midlane because there was no way any team was going to out strategy C9 and he'd do just fine. Once Bjerg showed up, and then XWX, he wasn't even in the same class as them.

But he was still probably a top 5 mid because the pool wasn't very strong. His weakness mostly stood out internationally & vs TSM.
Hai used to have amazing shotcalling too, even at World's. But the same shot calling would bring them back from a game they shouldn't have had any chance of winning and C9 would choke at the end for some reason and blow 20 minutes of good planning in 15 seconds (IE: their games against Samsung Blue)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Jerkface posted:

That's not really true. Hai seemed to handle Bjergsen just fine in Season 4 spring and playoffs. Then his lung collapsed between splits and Hai seemed to have various health problems from then on. Still, even in season 4 summer he solid.

Then season 5 rolled around and the combination of Riot nerfs or meta shifts shrinking his champion pool (RIP Soraka mid/AP Fizz) plus his health problems limiting his play times leads us to the low of Hai.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Hypocrisy posted:

That's not really true. Hai seemed to handle Bjergsen just fine in Season 4 spring and playoffs. Then his lung collapsed between splits and Hai seemed to have various health problems from then on. Still, even in season 4 summer he solid.

Then season 5 rolled around and the combination of Riot nerfs or meta shifts shrinking his champion pool (RIP Soraka mid/AP Fizz) plus his health problems limiting his play times leads us to the low of Hai.

He got dominated as Zed vs Bjerg's LB during spring and in the playoffs Bjerg never played anyone with much lane kill pressure so C9 rolled TSM with their general cloud9ness. Its not like Hai was solo killing Bjerg. I think yea, before he was injured Hai had the capacity to go even with Bjerg depending on the matchup, where as now I dont think he had much of a shot even in a favored match up.

Still don't think he was the best mid in NA in Spring. His best mid time was S3 summer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When your lung collapses it basically ruins your ability to micro so its not fair to compare him to Bjerg

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

isnt being bed ridden basically the best case scenario for a pro gamer. all you can do is play your precious video games

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Anatomically speaking the lungs and the hands are connected, which is how Hais wrists got all hosed up in the first place

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

To be a truly powerful gamer you need total freedom of action. That's I always pair my gunrars with a gaming thong and a pair of gamers sport sandals.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Anatomically speaking the lungs and the hands are connected, which is how Hais wrists got all hosed up in the first place

He should've disconnected his lungs when he had the chance. Now he pays the price.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

rabidsquid posted:

When your lung collapses it basically ruins your ability to micro so its not fair to compare him to Bjerg

When your lung collapses you get a significantly smaller percentage of oxygen into your body, so you're tired a lot more and have to sleep quite a bit. It's a lot more than just being bedridden, and can really gently caress up your life.

Tyrsell
Nov 5, 2008

Jerkface posted:

He got dominated as Zed vs Bjerg's LB during spring and in the playoffs Bjerg never played anyone with much lane kill pressure so C9 rolled TSM with their general cloud9ness. Its not like Hai was solo killing Bjerg. I think yea, before he was injured Hai had the capacity to go even with Bjerg depending on the matchup, where as now I dont think he had much of a shot even in a favored match up.

Still don't think he was the best mid in NA in Spring. His best mid time was S3 summer.

But he did solo kill him in S4 spring playoffs. I think it was game 2, but regardless, he did solo kill him in lane in one of those games.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Tyrsell posted:

But he did solo kill him in S4 spring playoffs. I think it was game 2, but regardless, he did solo kill him in lane in one of those games.

it wasnt included in Hai's best plays montage on reddit so im pretty sure it never happened.

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I really hope Yusui shows up for C9 try-outs. The guy legit went 54-0 or something from level 30 to D5. Didn't drop a single game, laughing in the face of elo hell.

He's at the point where he could make a huge, successful transition into the LCS or he could crack under the pressure/not take it seriously and wind up being another good solo queue player who can't seem to make competitive work. I guess not all of that is on him, though, it depends a lot on how C9 as a team will function under transition, having lost their main shotcaller.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

I mean or they could hire the guy who's the best mid laner in Europe and successfully coached a team instead of someone who made it diamond five solo queue. Plus it sounds like that guy doesn't have any major problems with noobs which while admirable for a family man or social worker is unnacceptable in the pro gamer, who must desire to harass, debase, and ultimately kill the noob.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

If Yusui is so good he should go to CLG so he can be lectured by their new coach History Teacher, the hip 23 year old teacher with a leather jacket that knows all about the cool music you listen to

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Colonel Squish posted:

I really hope Yusui shows up for C9 try-outs. The guy legit went 54-0 or something from level 30 to D5. Didn't drop a single game, laughing in the face of elo hell.

He's at the point where he could make a huge, successful transition into the LCS or he could crack under the pressure/not take it seriously and wind up being another good solo queue player who can't seem to make competitive work. I guess not all of that is on him, though, it depends a lot on how C9 as a team will function under transition, having lost their main shotcaller.

There aren't going to be try-outs anymore than there were TSM support tryouts.

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

Kotaku attempts to break down what's going on on League's Subreddit and the reasons behind it happening.

Didn't realize Richard Lewis was the one who released the Info on "Move Your Mom", but meh. The website seems decidedly pro Richard (which would make sense, Journalism Solidarity after all).

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

One of the ways Yusui to C9 makes a lot of sense is he is best friends with Keith, so they could #KeepKeith and improve two lanes at once,

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Hai was actually streaming ARAM's from the hospital when he was out with the collapsed lung. Big old oxygen mask on and everything.

rabidsquid can you kindly go gently caress yourself, we get the point. Hai's one of the friendliest guys in e-sports, so I don't know why you hate him so much or think it's so funny that he stepped down from playing.

I hope he still comes to games, at least, and doesn't just vanish into C9's management.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The only esports dudes I hate are the racists.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
its hard to believe that when half your posts on any given day are weird screeds about hai's earring and sneaky's soon-to-be mysterious disappearance due to ~surgery~

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

rabidsquid posted:

The only esports dudes I hate are the racists.

So... every Korean?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jerkface posted:

If Yusui is so good he should go to CLG so he can be lectured by their new coach History Teacher, the hip 23 year old teacher with a leather jacket that knows all about the cool music you listen to

CLG should sign History Teacher as a streamer, guy is legit entertaining and funny to watch. A coach? idk

rabidsquid posted:

One of the ways Yusui to C9 makes a lot of sense is he is best friends with Keith, so they could #KeepKeith and improve two lanes at once,

now that Piglet knows enough english to tell Xpecial "stop feeding" its like all of a sudden hes a brand new player and can actually do poo poo with his support, so #KeepKeith is no longer the dream

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also, apparently Yusui is vying for the midlane spot on C9
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-hai-cloud9/

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

with the amount of crying flying on reddit you'd think Hai'd have died, loving hell

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

also, apparently Yusui is vying for the midlane spot on C9
http://www.dailydot.com/esports/incarnati0n-hai-cloud9/

All of these articles that mention C9T being banned for using a "ringer" are really misleading, since their "ringer" was just the team coach playing in place of a player who hosed up updating the tournament realm on his computer. I would be surprised if the coach was even as good as the guy he was replacing.

Flipswitch posted:

with the amount of crying flying on reddit you'd think Hai'd have died, loving hell

why do you hate hai

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

High did die but he's going to rise again that's why he's been dragging around that life size crucifix all year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I am so hyped about CJ vs SKT, I think it could be the best series of this season so far.

• Locked thread