Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cabinet posted:

It seems like with more pendulum support coming out, returning to hand could be super broken. But beyond that, a non targeting, non destruction card that clears all attack monsters will probably go straight to 1, if it isn't banned.

With Dark Hole at 2 and Rageki back at 1, and because this isn't actually broken, maybe we do need more field clearers. That, or we need to nerf some decks.

Arguably, not really.
Pendulums bounced back to the hand are still going to come back onto the field granted the scales are still in place, or two of the bounced monsters have good enough scales to bring back the others, and generally the only deck right now that actually solely relies on summoning pendulums from the extra deck are Pendulum normals and Igknights.
It'd have the same effect as a mirror force, if the monsters didnt have on-destroy effects.

Like I said before the card is needed, and it wont be touched since like slur said it's a battle trap.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Apr 22, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Arguably, not really.
Pendulums bounced back to the hand are still going to come back onto the field granted the scales are still in place, or two of the bounced monsters have good enough scales to bring back the others, and generally the only deck right now that actually solely relies on summoning pendulums from the extra deck are Pendulum normals and Igknights.
It'd have the same effect as a mirror force, if the monsters didnt have on-destroy effects.

Like I said before the card is needed, and it wont be touched since like slur said it's a battle trap.

its use is non-targeting bouncing. Yeah it's a battle trap but monsters like Black Flare Metal and Beelze have outs.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

Hey since Judgment Dragon has a dedicated searcher now, can we please finally get it Limited? Please, Konami?

My argument for banning it outright is "Lightsworns have the Lightrays." It's not even that they're competitively viable; it's just that I hate Lightsworns.

Slur fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Apr 23, 2015

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dabir posted:

Help, this deck is poo poo, what do I do?

You could always add three instant fusions and some nodens so you can go into Tellarknight Ptolemaeus -> cyber dragon infinity. I would take out creature swap it's not a very good card nowadays.

You're already running utopia so you may as well add in Utopia the lightning.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Cabinet posted:

We won't see JD get hit until the meta slows down enough for LightSworns to become a thing again. Even then it'll happen two banlists after the supporter hits.

It's gonna be a shortprinted secret rare. Calling it now.

EDIT: I just remembered the biggest gently caress you Konami did to me personally. Printing Madolche Anjelly in common in the OCG, and in Ultra in the TCG. ::(:

What the hell are you playing that lets you brush off Lightsworns this way?

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

paradoxGentleman posted:

I find that macro cosmos or its spell equivalent usually messes with them pretty bad, other then that. :shrug:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Slur posted:

My argument for banning it outright is "Lightsworns have the Lightrays." It's not even that they're competitively viable; it's just that I hate Lightsworns.

My argument for hitting JD is 1) They have their Synchro, which is also an insane boss, and 2) JD is a stupidly easy to summon 3k beater that has a field nuke effect for practically no cost.

(Also I'm right there with you with the Lightsworn hate. It's a totally busted deck.)

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

paradoxGentleman posted:

I'm just going by tournament results. I haven't seen LS hit it for ages. It's a good deck but it's not making waves at all.

Honestly it says a lot about the current meta that Lightsworns can be at full power right now and they still aren't hitting the big leagues.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Sabaki no Tenbin / Judgment Scales
Trap Normal
You can only activate 1 “Judgment Scales” per turn. (1) If there are more cards on your opponent’s side of the field than you have on your field and in your hand combined: Draw cards from your Deck equal to that difference.

Situational.

Ousensuru G / Counterattacking “C”
Level 4 EARTH Insect-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1400
DEF 1400
(1) During either player’s turn, when your opponent activates a Spell effect that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card was Summoned by its (1) effect, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead while this card is face-up.
(3) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 EARTH Insect-Type monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand, except “Counterattacking “C””.

Good for killing off Shaddols and Nekroz

Onmi fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 23, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
gently caress Lightsworns

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

Ousensuru G / Counterattacking “C”
Level 4 EARTH Insect-Type Effect Monster
ATK 1400
DEF 1400
(1) During either player’s turn, when your opponent activates a Spell effect that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) If this card was Summoned by its (1) effect, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead while this card is face-up.
(3) If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can add 1 EARTH Insect-Type monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand, except “Counterattacking “C””.

Good for killing off Shaddols and Nekroz

This is a hard counter for any Infernoid player who's running Reasoning. Probably why they made it, since Infernoids are picking up popularity (and their CORE stuff is incredibly good).

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

This is a hard counter for any Infernoid player who's running Reasoning. Probably why they made it, since Infernoids are picking up popularity (and their CORE stuff is incredibly good).

I see it killing Reasoning Infernoids, Nekroz and Shaddols. It's essentially a themeless Dark Law that needs to be special summoned by its own effect to get off.

By denying the graveyard, it denies a lot of power to those three decks. It may not kill them (Though it can kill a Reasoning Infernoid Deck) but it definitly hampers them. I see it gaining Side Board status at least.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Quincytbb posted:

I find that macro cosmos or its spell equivalent usually messes with them pretty bad, other then that. :shrug:

That is almost surely also going to mess up your own deck, since half the cards in this game rely on graveyard play.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It depends on what kind of deck you run. If you run decks where the graveyard is barely being touched like Yosenju and Spiritual Beasts, you can manage. You sure as hell don't wanna be siding in Dimensional Fissure or Macrocosmo in anything that requires the graveyard like BA or that gets hosed hard by having things removed from play (Qlis).

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

And getting rid of your own monster is a lot easier than trying to get rid of your S/Ts

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Dimensional Fissure/Macro are super good cards and you should main deck them if you can afford to.

Just watch out for Solemn for Macro. That's always a fun trick.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And getting rid of your own monster is a lot easier than trying to get rid of your S/Ts

Especially a level 4. "I Xyz summon"

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cabinet posted:

Dimensional Fissure/Macro are super good cards and you should main deck them if you can afford to.

Just watch out for Solemn for Macro. That's always a fun trick.

I wish they weren't limited. A proper macromonarch deck would be real fun.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

everythingWasBees posted:

I wish they weren't limited. A proper macromonarch deck would be real fun.

gently caress macromonarch. Last regionals I went to I lost against it and Nekroz.

[spoiler]I was playing a joke Skull Servant OTK deck and wasn't serious playing[/spoilers]

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So the Odd-Eyes Synchro is going to be level 10? Because Noble Dragon Magician is the Level 3 Pendulum Tuner. and it goes to the bottom of the deck unless the other material is Odd-Eyes?

Noble Dragon Magician
FIRE / Spellcaster / Pendulum / Tuner / Effect
Level 3 / Scale 5 / 700 ATK / 1400 DEF
Pendulum Effect: - (1) If you do not control a “Magician” card in your other Pendulum Zone, destroy this card.

Monster Effect: - Cannot be used as a Synchro Material, except for a Dragon-Type Synchro Monster. If the other Synchro Material(s) is not an “Odd-Eyes” monster, place this card at the bottom of the Deck when you use it as a Synchro Material. (1) If this card is in your hand or Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 7 or higher “Odd-Eyes” monster you control; have that card lose 3 Levels, and if it does, Special Summon this card.

Or are you just meant to use its (1) effect?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Probably just use it's effect to make Odd-Eyes a level 4 and then tune with it to make a level 7 Clear-Wing Odd-Eyes Dragon.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So :siren:For Team Xyz, Fusion, Synchro and Pendulum are you good for Dueling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI Tomorrow at 7PM EST:siren:

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Onmi posted:

So :siren:For Team Xyz, Fusion, Synchro and Pendulum are you good for Dueling https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkYYYew8CUI Tomorrow at 7PM EST:siren:

I don't know if team Neo New XYZ is still a thing, but in case the old team is still unable to play I should be able to play then.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mr. Whale posted:

You could always add three instant fusions and some nodens so you can go into Tellarknight Ptolemaeus -> cyber dragon infinity. I would take out creature swap it's not a very good card nowadays.

You're already running utopia so you may as well add in Utopia the lightning.

I'd like to have a chance of building this deck IRL, we don't have Noden yet and it sure as hell won't be at 3 when we do.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dabir posted:

I'd like to have a chance of building this deck IRL, we don't have Noden yet and it sure as hell won't be at 3 when we do.

We're probably never getting Noden

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Onmi posted:

We're probably never getting Noden

If we do instant fusion is getting banned and Noden gets limited.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Quincytbb posted:

I don't know if team Neo New XYZ is still a thing, but in case the old team is still unable to play I should be able to play then.

drat straight Team Neo New Xyz is still a thing!

(And if the old team is playing, I should still be able to fill in for anyone else.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
If both team xyz and team Neo New xyz show up, the two teams can duel for honor or something.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Quincytbb posted:

I'll be around at least, though I might be about an hour late.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'm always up for some Team Fusion shenanigans.

For this tournament, I mean. I don't think I want to ever play pure Fusion again.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm always up for some Team Fusion shenanigans.

For this tournament, I mean. I don't think I want to ever play pure Fusion again.

But didn't you enjoy running into Majesty's Fiend?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Hey so :siren:the tournament is supposed to start in 40 minutes:siren:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Onmi posted:

Hey so :siren:the tournament is supposed to start in 40 minutes:siren:

You know, when you posted that this was tomorrow at 3 in the morning, I thought you were talking about April 24. :shobon:

I won't be free to play until about 10 p.m. EDT then.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

You know, when you posted that this was tomorrow at 3 in the morning, I thought you were talking about April 24. :shobon:

I won't be free to play until about 10 p.m. EDT then.

Well you see I'm in australia so I'm ahead of all of you because future posting powers so to ME it was tomorrow

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Crap, I need to finish editting my deck then.

EDIT: So, when are we getting started?

Vandar fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 24, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

Crap, I need to finish editting my deck then.

EDIT: So, when are we getting started?

I'm giving everyone until the end of the hour (so 8 PM EST) and if you're not ready and we don't have enough people I'll host the Bearforce One challenge.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

The....the Bearforce One Challenge? Dare I ask?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dexie posted:

The....the Bearforce One Challenge? Dare I ask?

I will use Bearforce One and take on all challengers

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I'm going to need a few extra minutes on my end, maybe 15ish or so, but I'll definitely be in tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Can we have the thread title changed to Yu-Gi-Oh Thread: I ACTIVATE THE D?.

EDIT: This was way funnier before Slur got high.

EDIT^2: This is a one-in-a-million field and I'll never pull it off again:

Vandar fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 24, 2015