Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

dat one portagee posted:

i had a friend who played WOW like 8 years ago when we were in college and was a guild leader or something, he would sit in his room all drat day before and after class barely hanging out with anyone mumbling on his headset and nearly flunked out of school and did some counseling for a short time (seriously, video game addiction counseling or something like that). he gave it up and got like $700 for his account. thats all i know about MMOs never played one a day in my life.

i played WoW with an old roommate for like two months, we got some sort of ludicrous party XP bonus since he referred me and it was a good time until i got bored and moved on to other video games

i collected enough vanity pets to earn my very own skunk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've played WoW off and on since it came out basically but if you could still sell accounts other than ones with old poo poo that's no longer obtainable or like a dozen guys with current best-in-slot gear for $500+ I'd probably sell my account in a heartbeat and never worry about it again

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
You're steam anime surprise

http://store.steampowered.com/app/365070/

Goooons!

It seems the Russians have created a low effort visual novel with comipo and are releasing it on steam "in retaliation for NATO agression in the Ukraine"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They didn't even change the default ren'py UI, smh, just smh

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I've played WoW off and on since it came out basically but if you could still sell accounts other than ones with old poo poo that's no longer obtainable or like a dozen guys with current best-in-slot gear for $500+ I'd probably sell my account in a heartbeat and never worry about it again

I came back for the anniversery and got the Corehound mount, but after that was over I was tired of the bullshit. The new Areas sucked, as did the pandaria ones. All the Still intact Vanilla areas, TBC Zones and WOTLK zones still stood heads and shoulders above any of the new stuff.

and I've got Ashes of Alar, Discontinued Brewfest Ram, both old discontinued ZG mounts and the other rare drop Vanilla and TBC mounts like Attuman and a bunch of the WOTLK ones. And it doesn't even matter because populated private servers exist so old poo poo will never go away and you can make your own personal private servers now and gift whatever poo poo you want to yourself. It also removes the grind so you can actually explore and do poo poo without the hassle of a grind. The Story doesn't even make sense anymore. Like I'm not expecting a videogame story to rival a book or whatever but atleast be cool and interesting. And nothing is ever that. I played and Beat Skyrim 100% and just let my account time run out.

it's like why loving bother, Diablo 3 is atleast fun with all the new poo poo.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 23, 2015

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
my entire guild got banned in wow for cheating

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

like 50 of us

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

like 50 of us

So what game did you cheat on WoW with? Final Fantasy 14, AION, Furcadia?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My only experience with WoW is that I was invited to the game by a friend of mine and I played the trial for a little bit, and then I found out from another friend that played that he was doing ERP as a hot elf lady (for those not into MMOs, that stands for 'erotic roleplay') for whatever WoW's ingame currency is. So after that I decided WoW was not for me.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

shut the hell up taint reaper

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kewpuh posted:

Lol

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

I'm glad the one time I tried out WoW I quit playing it after an hour cause it was yet another boring MMORPG deathly afraid of actual gameplay. I think the only MMORPG I ended up playing a bunch was EVE Online but everything takes forever so I just got bored.

Never play MMOs.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kewpuh posted:

What did you do?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Healbot posted:

What did you do?
They cheated.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Ekster posted:

Never play MMOs.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Kewpuh posted:

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I liked half-life and half-life 2 and half-life 2 episode 1 and half-life 2 episode 2. what the gently caress is up with half-life 3, gaben you're loving rich release it already, it's been 8 years.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

do u think i could sell an account from cataclysm? it had the ghost tiger mount and a bunch of others

a couple hundos would own

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I liked half-life and half-life 2 and half-life 2 episode 1 and half-life 2 episode 2. what the gently caress is up with half-life 3, gaben you're loving rich release it already, it's been 8 years.
They're not making a third Half-Life game.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

A Spider Covets posted:

do u think i could sell an account from cataclysm? it had the ghost tiger mount and a bunch of others

a couple hundos would own

You're better off robbing a store of it's amiibo preorders.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

You're better off robbing a store of it's amiibo preorders.

drat it

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kewpuh posted:

did you use a game genie?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

RIFT

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what's for lunch?

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

precision posted:

what's for lunch?

a big fat gyro

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

precision posted:

what's for lunch?

Uhh... chicken, rice broccoli and peas.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Square Enix just announced they're doing an E3 conference too so this E3 has some serious trainwreck potential

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
Final Fantasy 15: Lightning strike

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Square Enix just announced they're doing an E3 conference too so this E3 has some serious trainwreck potential

Watch our digital design team draw pants on all the men because of complaints we received!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

it was called portal 2

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Tomb Raider, JC Denton 4, and a bunch of IOS poo poo with a 3DS game. I dunno it looks pretty safe and familiar there's nothing that could spell disaster.

Unless they hire a PR guy who tries to fake excitement.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Taint Reaper posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy 15, Tomb Raider, JC Denton 4, and a bunch of IOS poo poo with a 3DS game. I dunno it looks pretty safe and familiar there's nothing that could spell disaster.

Unless they hire a PR guy who tries to fake excitement.
Same company who came out with the big announcement of FINAL FANTASY 7 REM......aster of ps1 port

Theres some trainwreck potential

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Same company who came out with the big announcement of FINAL FANTASY 7 REM......aster of ps1 port

Theres some trainwreck potential

That was just a cocktease but nothing memorable as far as trainwrecks go.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

The Taint Reaper posted:

That was just a cocktease but nothing memorable as far as trainwrecks go.

E3 has been pretty disappointing trainwreck-wise ever since E3 2010 was such an amazing trainwreck and drew so much mockery that they just started pre-recording everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFnexW3-58c

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
GTA online on PC is pretty incredible in spite of itself, it's hard to imagine how good the game could be if they didn't have to purposely make it lovely in a lot of ways in order to sell Shark Cards™

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

E3 is always an unrepentant trainwreck sponsored by Doritos and Mountain Dew, but it's entertaining to see which companies try to stay away from the train tracks and which companies get on board the train and pull the throttle

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
All that Nintendo is going to show at e3 is that they're going to just release more loving toys for their videogame console that has next to no games coming out for it.

Seriously look at it, there's more plastic figures coming than actual videogames. Years of Nintendo fans decrying that nintendo isn't for children and much like Revenge of the Sith being a sad third act with no soul, the Wii-U just solely exists to sell toys. Seriously the Amiibo thread is larger than Captain Toad thread, Kirby thread, bayonetta, and Hyrule Warriors thread combined. The only other thread that's larger is Smash Brothers.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 23, 2015

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Amiibo is the devil

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Who cares, the games are good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I love this one particular toy, but I hate all the toy's accessories because they are not the accessories I have decided are for adults.

• Locked thread