Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
When it's been 4 months, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

In the meantime start waiting at Toysrus because Wildrider and Slingshot are supposed to happen soon-ish.
They were confirmed to not be TRU exclusives.

Don't taint reap bad information Taint, please.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

They were confirmed to not be TRU exclusives.

Don't taint reap bad information Taint, please.

oh they're not going to be TRU exclusives? Are they Amazon or something because the last I heard they're going to be a TRU exclusive.

Also what the hell is Michael Bay doing working on Transformers 5? I thought he was done I thought we were free?

Anora posted:

When it's been 4 months, yes.

June is less than 2 months away.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 22, 2015

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It seems he's not directing. Possibly.

I only care about the toys honestly, it's not like he's the one who designs the robots.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The amazon date is the saturation date. That is the date Hasbro gives to retailers that denotes "We think this will be common in the retail channel by this point". I'm pretty sure Wave 3 is like 3-4 weeks out.

The Taint Reaper posted:

oh they're not going to be TRU exclusives? Are they Amazon or something because the last I heard they're going to be a TRU exclusive.
No, dude, we talked about this. They denoted them as going to 'emerging markets', which some take as e-tailers in general and some take as sold through diamond direct.

If they're an exclusive then I'm baffled as to how Automaton can have them up for preorder http://www.automatontoys.com/hasbro-combiner-wars-2015-deluxe-quickslinger/

That's some small Canadian store that operates out of Quebec. I mean maybe the rumor is wrong but I have no idea how Automaton could do preorders if they're going to buy them for $22 CDN at TRUs or something.

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Apr 22, 2015

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Spiderdrake posted:

If they're an exclusive then I'm baffled as to how Automaton can have them up for preorder http://www.automatontoys.com/hasbro-combiner-wars-2015-deluxe-quickslinger/

That's some small Canadian store that operates out of Quebec. I mean maybe the rumor is wrong but I have no idea how Automaton could do preorders if they're going to buy them for $22 CDN at TRUs or something.

*store is actually in Canada*

*prices in USD*

I hadn't looked there in ages, but Ages3andUp does that too. It must pay pretty decent, the other night I watched the dude who runs it buy almost $800,000 worth of house in Vancouver.

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/property-brothers/property-brothers-full-episodes-videos and click on Kari and Boris. I can't watch it online, I think I might be geoblocked, which is hilarious considering the program is Canadian.

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Amazon says "Available for Pre-order. This item will be released on June 15, 2015.". :(

Ehh I always thought Amazon was crap for toys anyway. BBTS has may 2015 for the deluxes.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well, this is original:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Vortex and prowl have been leaked by accident.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/generations-classics-44/possible-combiner-wars-vortex-and-prowl-revealed-182533/

But that may not be Prowl it could also be Ratchet which means if it is Ratchet he's either going to be an extra guy for White Optimus(which means another limb for Galvatronus) or there's going to be another combiner that uses regular autobot guys.

but if it's prowl and he's a truck this ruins the Streetwise, Wildrider, and Dead End combiner if there's no 4th car using that mold. Vortex might not be Alpha Bravo but a similar looking Helicopter because those are arm thingies sticking off his side and not safety missiles and are not even the same mechanism that alpha bravo uses for his arms. It Could be a elaborate sandstorm type retool but there's not detail enough to tell.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Apr 23, 2015

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
That deffo looks like a heavy-ish retool/reshell of the Alpha Bravo core construction, akin to the First Aid/Offroad relationship. And the "truck" is deffo a head-swap retool of First Aid into Ratchet.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yay, Vortex is remolded! Or a very early design as some have pointed out.

Wait is Prowl a truck in the latest IDW issues? Because I thought that was Ratchet. Coincidentally I always think Keldroc's avatar is Ratchet so I have a Pratchet problem.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Blackheart posted:

Yay, Vortex is remolded! Or a very early design as some have pointed out.

Wait is Prowl a truck in the latest IDW issues? Because I thought that was Ratchet. Coincidentally I always think Keldroc's avatar is Ratchet so I have a Pratchet problem.

Yeah, he's some kind of heavy duty police truck thing ever since he was reformatted to be Devastator's head.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Vortex's hand/foot/gun looks like it's had a little rejiggering.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SlothfulCobra posted:

Vortex's hand/foot/gun looks like it's had a little rejiggering.

I think that's just the style of decepticon foot gun. They might have different types per faction because I think Defensor's feet and hands are re-used from the other bots.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I think Vortex is either a new mold or a seriously extensive remold. Look at the copter tail, it has a seam and hinges visible that make it look like it splits in half. Or it could just be a really preliminary design image.

And if Prowl is using the Offroad/First-Aid mold then I wonder what mold is Ironhide going to use? Unless they're going to make both Ratchet and Ironhide out that mold and that's Ratchet, but that seems like overkill.

I'd still buy it of course.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Questions have apparently come up because people want hasbro to address the backwards knees that plague all combiner forms in combiner wars, that it's incredibly unacceptable to allow this to happen when Third Parties can apparently do it right. This needs to be done right now before entirely new combiner wars molds show up and they can't retool the first few waves.

They're putting the figures on backwards instead of the way the instructions picture them so they resemble the G1 toy

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Some people are saying it's possibly just an early unused design. There's stuff like that in the design sketch pages included in the other comics.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Questions have apparently come up because people want hasbro to address the backwards knees that plague all combiner forms in combiner wars, that it's incredibly unacceptable to allow this to happen when Third Parties can apparently do it right. This needs to be done right now before entirely new combiner wars molds show up and they can't retool the first few waves.

They're putting the figures on backwards instead of the way the instructions picture them so they resemble the G1 toy

Where have these questions come up? Or is this a total non-sequitor?

Because I deffo wanna read about idiots misassembling their combiners and blaming HasBLOW, but I don't know where to go.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Hahaha TFW or elsewhere?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Well then that's even MORE g1 accuracy because the original toys didn't have knees and now yours doesn't have knees.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well there is this guy I guess

if he doesn't care about articulation more power to him :shrug:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

did he buy 2 Drag Strips to get two holes-underneath handfeet? :allears:

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I guess he had to, at least I hope he didn't swap and return the other.

Speaking of handfeet I've been wondering why more third parties haven't jumped in the "more poseable handfeet for CW" bandwagon. They're letting PE have the whole cake, but then again PE are pretty good at this upgrade kit business.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I'd gladly pay half the PE price for feet that didn't transform, to be honest. Just big, 3D-printed booties.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Just sell me a decently priced kit of a set of hands and feet, maybe with some option parts, on a sprue or two so I have an option that doesn't cost more than the torso did and isn't a unnecessarily parts forming feature creepazoid or crumbly rear end grain garbage printer puke

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

I'd gladly pay half the PE price for feet that didn't transform, to be honest. Just big, 3D-printed booties.

Yeah!

Actually I love how the PE hands transform into lil' guns but the chaingunfeet do nothing for me. I'd rather just have them set aside like I do with the current handfeet.

edit: here's the Protectobot extended bios if you wanna read them.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 23, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The bios are by Rang! :D

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like the latest comic.

"You guys are a close knit team right?!"
"Uuuuh sure?"
"Maybe"
"Close enough!"
*bops em with the enigma thingy*

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Rung has been mentioned by like half a dozen toy bios now. Stop toying with our toys Hasbro.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Arrived in Chicago for the big antique toy show, and I've picked up Blackjack as the first step of Menasor. He's pretty awesome.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So Windblade is showing up on 2015RID, looks p. much like Windblade.

Speaking of Fembots,

quote:

THE FANS HAVE SPOKEN!!!

USA Today announced this morning the results of the Fan Built Combiner Poll and many fans are going to be extremely pleased by the results:

Victorion, a new "Combiner" Transformer comprised of six different female Autobots and a result of another recent fan-built poll, is rolling out in the July comic Transformers: Combiner Hunters and debuting in toy form in the near future.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

A deception team would have been neat, but this excites me anyway.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Victorion is a good name because it sounds like Victoria. I wonder what molds they'll be made out of.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

The whole article is pretty nice. Good to hear words on the brand becoming less of a boy's club.

And hopefully we get more lady decepticons soon.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

If I had to guess who the components were, it'd be Arcee (Breakdown), Chromia (Groove), Windblade (pick an aerialbot), Strika (Onslaught) and I dunno, Flamewar and Elita-1?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd guess it's gonna be new guys like Windblade was.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Victorion is a good name because it sounds like Victoria. I wonder what molds they'll be made out of.

Those wretched Slammothists actually complain about this because "it's an obvious feminine name, now it's gonna be a cliched girly girlbot!". I think it's just based on the word Victory, like, is Victory Saber a feminine name?

The answer of course is who gives a poo poo.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

If I called a woman a Slammoth I'm pretty sure she would be offended.

"Hey there. You're not fat. You're not a Slammoth."
"....why are you saying I'm not fat?"
"Because you're not."
"So what you're saying is I'm fat."
"No, you're not! Totally not a Slammoth."
"gently caress off"

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sorry Gamma but anyone is going to take a look at you and go 'Is that a Pokemon?' You just have that 'I want to be the very best' and/or 'catch them all' look to you.

I am going to cry if RID Windblade is a better robot than Generations Windblade. As I buy it. Because I will buy all of the Windblades.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Sorry Gamma but anyone is going to take a look at you and go 'Is that a Pokemon?' You just have that 'I want to be the very best' and/or 'catch them all' look to you.

Nah I'm less of a pokeman and more of a hobbit \ leprechaun irl. It sucks when you look like Bilbo Baggins. AW ME LUCKY CHARMS

edit: also I kinda stole that joke from Eugene Mirman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jAbZduMXFY

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
drat, Hot Spot's torso transformation is pretty drat neat. Like Silverbolt neat. I actually like how the combiner head works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J4-u9ZUQE

Also it looks like Groove actually tabs into place to avoid just falling out. And if you REALLY NEED motorcycle knee well there's an option for you, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLZZoSqUUU4