Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Those are called hacks, you might want to report this user ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Those are called hacks, you might want to report this user ASAP.

Yeah, I reported him for glitching/exploiting. I've also reported someone for map glitching in the hangar level with that hover drone.

orly
Oct 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

SlayVus posted:

I had the final round death in a match happen against a quickscoper. I was dead before the scope even showed any cross hairs.

If the guy scopes in right before the cross hairs show up like 2-3 frames before, the shot hits dead center of screen, guaranteed. After the crosshairs show up, it's already at a random sway offset. Basically there is a golden instant after you are not considered "hipfiring" the rifle but before sway is taken into account. You can try this on the firing range.

orly fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 18, 2015

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Any time someone kills you, it's a hack/exploit. That's how you can justify your poor performance with your elite skills.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Spoon Man posted:

Any time someone kills you, it's a hack/exploit. That's how you can justify your poor performance with your elite skills.

If you play on PC. I have to just swallow the fact that I suck on PS4. :(

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

If you play on PC. I have to just swallow the fact that I suck on PS4. :(

I play on ps4 and use a xim 4. I can go around with a 5 kdr or with a 0.25 kdr. Some matches I get in kick my rear end.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bfr053KdD6w

I think it's safe to say that exo's are out, robot people are in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're really doing it. They're making Call of Deus Ex.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

loving hyped.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I like the way it makes it look like we should be getting mad at bikes at the start.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I like the way it makes it look like we should be getting mad at bikes at the start.

drat right we should be.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Sure, I'll take more Deus Ex in my Call of Duty.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
As long as it doesn't have the Splinter Cell 1-era enemy A.I. to go with it.
Completely ruined Human Revolution for me.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Javes posted:

Sure, I'll take more Deus Ex in my Call of Duty.

Even the Deus Ex main twitter account made mention of it.

I suppose if you want to steal from a franchise to try and keep things interesting you could do a lot worse than them. And I've loved every Blops game so far, will probably love this as well.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
edit: nvm, video is on Xbox channel now. Thought Sony had got the co-marketing deal this time.

Javes fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Apr 23, 2015

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
Deus ex is poo poo but hopefully none of that will get into multiplayer.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

beaner69 posted:

Agreed. It looks fantastic and the almost any of that could be in a major block buster movie, I just hope it stays in the campaign where I'll enjoy it. I loved Blops 2, and a rebuild of that on the new consoles with a few tweaks would be great. Especially C-4 to toss, strong sidearms, and no exosuits. I enjoyed a cod where the assault rifles where not the king in most situations but if they were to bump them up a little (in comparison to blops2) or reduce range on the sub machine guns I think it would let more people play the game the way they choose.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

After this game and Battlefield Hardline, I don't have much faith in developers balancing their weapons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

beaner69 posted:

You're cruising for a bruising, buddy.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
drat that's a hell of a teaser.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

I actually liked how understated it was compared to the usual CoD onslaught of non-stop explosions and pulsing bass trying to action-movie your face off your skull. I don't have any hope that the release trailer will be anything other than the aforementioned action movie face removal, but who knows.

Javes
May 6, 2012

I'm sure we'll still get our fill of explosions and dubstep, this was just the teaser for the actual reveal on Sunday.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nighthand posted:

I actually liked how understated it was compared to the usual CoD onslaught of non-stop explosions and pulsing bass trying to action-movie your face off your skull. I don't have any hope that the release trailer will be anything other than the aforementioned action movie face removal, but who knows.

I mean how was BOII's first teaser? 'Cause that game had dubstep fights on Libertopia.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

VJeff posted:

I mean how was BOII's first teaser? 'Cause that game had dubstep fights on Libertopia.

New thread title please. :awesomelon:

Also, I really need to get off my rear end and play the single player at some point.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mister Macys posted:

New thread title please. :awesomelon:

Also, I really need to get off my rear end and play the single player at some point.

For Black Ops II? Yes. Do it. It's crazy. It's so crazy.

It also has more moral choices and choice and consequences than 90% of RPGs released in the last couple of gens.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009

I said come in! posted:

You're cruising for a bruising, buddy.

Do you want stupid poo poo in mp? I don't. I'll still play it anyway.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I thought Black Ops 2 had the worst SP campaign until I played Ghosts.

Also I'm super excited to play this game for 2 weeks and drop off because of connection issues, lag compensation, boring killstreaks, head glitching, etc. Love me some Call of Duty. :shepicide:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Wazzit posted:

Also I'm super excited to play this game for 2 weeks and drop off because of connection issues, lag compensation, boring killstreaks, head glitching, etc. Love me some Call of Duty. :shepicide:

Those two weeks are pretty great though.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Oh right I forgot how Treyarch loves them some glitchy as gently caress launch bugs that make the game horrible to play for the first month.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Fibby Boy posted:

Those two weeks are pretty great though.

Who am I kidding, I miss playing with you all. They are pretty great, not matter what I say about Blops.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:unsmith:

*wipes away a tear*

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Wazzit posted:

Oh no, next year will be Ghosts 2 won't it?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lol so when the DLC out soon?

....anyone still play this game

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pork Pie Hat posted:

It will be interesting because the lead designer and lead narrative designer of Uncharted along with the Modern Warfare 2 design lead (he left Respawn) are now working at Infinity Ward.

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

....anyone still play this game
I deleted it and I didn't even hate it. Playing Destiny and some other stuff instead.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

Roman posted:

It will be interesting because the lead designer and lead narrative designer of Uncharted along with the Modern Warfare 2 design lead (he left Respawn) are now working at Infinity Ward.

Hmmm ok, that does have potential to be interesting.

Anyway, we've got the inevitably ludicrous weapons of Blops3 to look forward to yet. I would like to see them top the dubstep shotgun.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

The melee kill should literally just be the Deus Ex HR arm blade things.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I hope there's a robot truther guy killstreak, that guy rules

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Frankly if they know what they're doing, they'll try to forget Ghosts ever exists. The game itself was garbage and the story was so nonsensical (oh look I tanked a loving revolver shot to the chest and am strong enough to break a grown man's arms and then carry said grown man like a sack of wheat), that you'd lose nothing from just forgetting it and starting over.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Pre-order for beta access.

http://charlieintel.com/2015/04/24/black-ops-3-poster-leaks-confirms-nov-6th-release-date-and-preorder-for-beta-access/

Beta is for PS4, Xbone, PC. No mention of 360/PS3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

Not releasing on a Tuesday? Regarding the "beta", I wouldn't be surprised to see it become available something like two weeks before release, serving as a glorified demo. I'm sure they'll be able to implement changes based on feedback in time for release!

• Locked thread