Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I can't imagine importing a file that isn't 'Iorveth - Saved Saskia', even considering Roche is the coolest, because establishing the Free Pontar Republic is such a big step for combatting the shittiness of the world that not doing it is just depressing. A nation dedicated to equality and protected and run by a literal dragon is pretty unique and great.

This is also why Stennis will always get what's coming to him. Can't have nobles getting too comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
^^^I didn't save Saskia because it's implied you may be able to save her another way down the road (although I doubt this will actually appear in TW3, honestly). I didn't kill her, she's just still bound to the dagger or whatever. Mostly because opting to save Triss is a way better story/outcome, imo.

Keep in mind they want people to be able to make this their first Witcher game, so I'm not expecting ~big changes~ in the political state of the world based on previous decisions. Mostly just shout-outs, subtle references, etc. and I'm totally fine with that.

Lycus posted:

They're down on magic? I don't know what the books say, but from the games, sorcerors seem to get a lot more respect there than they do in the North.

I'm pretty sure Sorcerers are kept on a much tighter leash in Nilfgaard, but I may be remembering incorrectly. It's been a little while since I've read the books.

Archimago fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 23, 2015

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
How are minority races like elves and dwarves treated in Nilfgaard? At least the Emperor kept his promise after one of the Northern wars and gave them their own state, if I remember right.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Lycus posted:

Nilfgaard is down on magic? I don't know what the books say, but from the games, sorcerors seem to get a lot more respect there than they do in the North.

They're all kept closeted in nilfgaard, particularly the sorceress's I think? The magic people in the north are ridiculously rich and basically control most of the nations from behind the scenes, or at least they heavily advise. The nilfgaardian ones are just weapons/tools for the empire.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 23, 2015

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Meta-Mollusk posted:

How are minority races like elves and dwarves treated in Nilfgaard? At least the Emperor kept his promise after one of the Northern wars and gave them their own state, if I remember right.

He gave the elves their own state, yes. Under some conditions. One of them being that the Scoia'tel are completely cut off from any assistance, but are secretly ordered to keep fighting- making sure that they keep destabilizing Northern kingdoms until they get inevitably massacred.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Forgive me for what I must do, Mr. Troll. You don't deserve this. I hope you find your wife in Troll Elysium. :rip:

Archimago fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 23, 2015

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's easier to win the troll head in poker for the ingredient then kill Loredo's thugs in revenge. Everyone wins except for the guy who bought the troll's head but that's what happens when you play dice poker against a save scrubber.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Archimago posted:

Forgive me for what I must do, Mr. Troll. You don't deserve this. I hope you find your wife in Troll Elysium. :rip:
:(

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Archimago posted:

:(

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

Jimbot posted:

It's easier to win the troll head in poker for the ingredient then kill Loredo's thugs in revenge. Everyone wins except for the guy who bought the troll's head but that's what happens when you play dice poker against a save scrubber.

He died not for his head, but my cheevos.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jesus Christ.

Just SAM the achievement, mate. Better a cheater than... That.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Aw I never even thought to hit the poor guy. That's rude as hell. You're a monster, Archimago.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
No no

The REAL monster is whoever decided to make that an achievement.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Aw I never even thought to hit the poor guy. That's rude as hell. You're a monster, Archimago.

Doesn't he always attack you at first? Either way, I'm glad I haven't got this game on Steam so I'm not tempted to be this horrible.
Also, I could swear that Merrill in Archimago's avatar just became twice as sad.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

SatansBestBuddy posted:

No no

The REAL monster is whoever decided to make that an achievement.

It was probably Comte.

Captain Scandinaiva
Mar 29, 2010

I, too, killed the troll on my latest playthrough. I don't even have it for Steam, I just did a "do everything different" run. I... I killed all the trolls.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It was probably the same guy who made the Manifest Destiny in Red Dead Redemption. That one is where you kill all the non-respawning buffalo.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Archimago posted:

It was probably Comte.

what an rear end in a top hat

Jimbot posted:

It was probably the same guy who made the Manifest Destiny in Red Dead Redemption. That one is where you kill all the non-respawning buffalo.

oh god next you'll tell me he was the guy who made the non-respawning Ice Shriekbats in Metroid Prime, too.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I heard Comte dropped the nuke that killed your character in CoD4.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

GrossMurpel posted:

I heard Comte dropped the nuke that killed your character in CoD4.

Downgrading the PC graphics of TW3 to 900p for console parity was also his doing.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Archimago posted:

He died not for his head, but my cheevos.

What the actual gently caress is wrong with you, SAM it.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
I may be misremembering, but isn't slavery legal in Nilfgaard? If so, that would be reason enough for me to side with the Northern Kingdoms. If not, that's a really tough choice...

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

I may be misremembering, but isn't slavery legal in Nilfgaard? If so, that would be reason enough for me to side with the Northern Kingdoms. If not, that's a really tough choice...

I'm not sure if it's legal in the same sense as it was in the ancient Rome, but the Nilfgardians were driving some of the people from the territorries they conquered (most of the ones they didn't murder- oh yes, have I mentionned that the Nilfgardian invasion involved a pre-planned full-blown genocide?) into forced labour. Previous posters have mentionned analogies to the Roman Empire, but while I was reading the books the parallels to Hitler's Germany were much more apparent to me.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I just finished crafting the Kinslayer's armor set. I put it on.... turns out the drat thing is hooded. Biggest disappointment ever.

dud root
Mar 30, 2008

Baron Bifford posted:

Will Witcher 3 have respawning enemies?

Its open world, so I'd be very surprised if it didnt. Otherwise walking around it would just seem like Woodcutter simulator or interactive 3dmark

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Lareine posted:

I just finished crafting the Kinslayer's armor set. I put it on.... turns out the drat thing is hooded. Biggest disappointment ever.

You pay good orens for your drat haircut, and you can't even see it.

Twobirds
Oct 17, 2000

The only talking mouse in all of Britannia.
The hoodytail is so jaunty, though.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope in The Witcher 3 if you still have Raven's armor you get a chance to turn it into the best armor in the game. I mean, it's Raven's armor! Space-age stuff compared to the junk produced in that world! Kalkstein poured his heart and soul into that armor and I'll be damned that it remains as bonus starting armor!

So Prince Stennis. Oh, what to do with you...

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I recently finished the Roche path in TW2.

Maybe I wasn't as thorough as during my Iorveth playthrough and did some things differently the second time around (mercy killed the final boss) but I never found out that Saskia is actually a motherfucking dragon this time.

If I remember correctly, she turned up in the vergen mines in Iorveths run and saved the day.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Yep, you don't discover that at all on Roche's Path.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lycus posted:

Nilfgaard is down on magic? I don't know what the books say, but from the games, sorcerors seem to get a lot more respect there than they do in the North.

It's the opposite, Nilfgaardian mages have it much worse than northern ones. Keep in mind that mages in the North have positions of power in every court and their own fancy island all to themselves (or at least the did before it got all hosed up). In Nilfgaard, a mage is just the same as, say, a librarian. That is to say, ordinary.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

Lycus posted:

Yep, you don't discover that at all on Roche's Path.
That made me really glad I did Roche's Path first. I can't think of any similar game-changing revelation you would have gotten playing Iorveth's first and then Roche's.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

So I'm doing a run of TW2 before 3 is released. What do people think of the combat rebalance mod and would you recommend it?

If it matters, I'm planning on a sign focused build since I haven't done that before.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Hannibal Smith posted:

That made me really glad I did Roche's Path first. I can't think of any similar game-changing revelation you would have gotten playing Iorveth's first and then Roche's.

Roche's path explores the blood curse more, since it's aimed at Henselt. Beyond that and following the Blue Stripes, it's very much the Low Information path. Iorveth's path gets you all the juicy details of Vergen and Phillipa's shenanigans.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Archimago posted:

It was probably Comte.

I will unfriend people if they have that achievement.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
PC gamers of the world...unite!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfGFU2XPLr4

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

expat supremacy, american, pole, american, pole, hungarian, catalonian, pole, pole

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Aumanor posted:

I'm not sure if it's legal in the same sense as it was in the ancient Rome, but the Nilfgardians were driving some of the people from the territorries they conquered (most of the ones they didn't murder- oh yes, have I mentionned that the Nilfgardian invasion involved a pre-planned full-blown genocide?) into forced labour. Previous posters have mentionned analogies to the Roman Empire, but while I was reading the books the parallels to Hitler's Germany were much more apparent to me.

Being against Nilfgaard makes more sense from the books perspective. First there is slavery, second pretty much everybody who Geralt knows fought (and many died) at Brenna to defeat them in previous war so it seems kinda lovely to just go "meh, who cares I'll side with them anyway". Finally, when the north asked that the scoiatael who fought on Nilfgaard side be handed over, Nilfgaard said - np here you go, do with them as you will.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Plus there's the whole Ciri thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

expat supremacy, american, pole, american, pole, hungarian, catalonian, pole, pole

And Catalonians are insulted as Poles by proper Spaniards! (polaco de mierda)

• Locked thread