Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

You also get another 10% off if you use the code DHD4YEAR

Any time there's a dark horse sale, i have to restrain myself from spending crazy money. i got Terminator vs. Robocop, both volumes of Trigun, and the John Layman/Sam Keith Aliens miniseries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

At first I was trying to think of what Star Wars comics I still needed to read. Then I remembered. At least a lot of it is on Marvel Unlimited.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Where were you two minutes ago?!

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Where were you two minutes ago?!

Buying digital comics, probably.

Dark Horse has so much good stuff and whenever they have a sale they have a sale on everything. It rules.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are their comics in hi-res yet? That's the only bummer part about going cheap on Jeff Parker's Flash Gordon and Archie v Predator, cause they might look way nicer from Comixology.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Are their comics in hi-res yet? That's the only bummer part about going cheap on Jeff Parker's Flash Gordon and Archie v Predator, cause they might look way nicer from Comixology.

no :( i don't mind too much, but yeah, i tend to hold off on the Dynamite stuff since i can get that on comixology. but at least that helps me narrow it down so i don't blow $50 like i originally had in my shopping cart!

Archie vs. Predator #1 is loving awesome by the way. it also includes a Hellboy meets Sabrina the Teenage Witch backup that's just as awesome.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Does anyone even bother with Dynamite's own store? I occasionally look because I got a bunch of their stuff in a Humble Bundle and it'd be nice to be able to continue getting Red Sonja, Django/Zorro, Shaft or the Phantom in .cbr form, but Jesus that site's a trainwreck.

EDIT: Also, can someone give me a rough reading order for the Conan stuff? The modern books, although I might just get the reprints of the Marvel era stuff instead.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 23, 2015

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Thanks for these. Got me some Battlepug and Usagi Yojimbo :toot:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
2000 A.D. apps and cross platform purchasing.

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/23-04-2015/2000ad_comics_apps_go_completely_drmfree/

I wonder if the resolution will be better than their normal CBR and PDF files, at least on the old Dredd comics that I've bought (they look like they were scanned by an office copier and are only like 650 pixels wide).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Captain Marvel #1 for $1 and Ms. Marvel volume 1 half off today only. See the link for codes.

http://comixology.tumblr.com/post/117278392648

(sorry for the lovely phone post)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Need some help with the Ultimate Spider Man available on the Marvel Unlimited App? The Miles Morales version I mean. I see it covers through Cataclysm but after that it's just, stopped. I have no idea what the new series (if it's new) is called and where it picks up.

Did the series stop or is it just one of those where they don't have the entire run up and going yet?

drat I'd pay good money to DC for a DC Unlimited.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

After Cataclysm, the Ultimate comics relaunched.
Miles' last solo is "Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man" http://marvel.com/comics/series/18508/miles_morales_ultimate_spider-man_2014_-_present
and he's in the "All-New Ultimates", which is filled with his USM cast mates http://marvel.com/comics/series/18524/all-new_ultimates_2014_-_present

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Miles started a storyline that brings together the Ultimates, but Marvel Unlimited doesn't have the ending of the line. Last issue has a cover with our heroes floating in a test tube, but I haven't looked in a while.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
What good comics are there on Comixology that are centred on villains? I just got, and read, the first volume of Superior Iron Man and recently binged through the Avengers Academy/Arena/Undercover so I'd be happy with either a title where the villain is just being a wonderfully massive jerk to everyone like SIM or a title that shows the villains aren't just a massive jerk like AU. I've got Irredeemable and a bunch of the Batman graphic novels that are Joker centric.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Anime_Otaku posted:

What good comics are there on Comixology that are centred on villains? I just got, and read, the first volume of Superior Iron Man and recently binged through the Avengers Academy/Arena/Undercover so I'd be happy with either a title where the villain is just being a wonderfully massive jerk to everyone like SIM or a title that shows the villains aren't just a massive jerk like AU. I've got Irredeemable and a bunch of the Batman graphic novels that are Joker centric.

Osborn
The Hood
Dark Avengers
Warren Ellis' Thunderbolts run (collected in two editions as Thunderbolts by Warren Ellis)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
The Superior Foes of Spider-Man's really good.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Is anything in Comixology's Age of Ultron sale today a must buy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Russad posted:

Is anything in Comixology's Age of Ultron sale today a must buy?

Avengers 0, 19-22, Annihilation: Conquest

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Avengers 0, 19-22, Annihilation: Conquest

I got these plus that Mighty Avengers arc and all of Bendis' Moon Knight because I'm a glutton for punishment.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I got these plus that Mighty Avengers arc and all of Bendis' Moon Knight because I'm a glutton for punishment.

The best thing is the actual Age of Ultron series has not been put on sale.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

it's been on sale for :10bux: as a collected edition for a while but I uh did not buy that one

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Age of Ultron is a stupid Wolverine story with Ultron showing up literally on the last issue.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Is the Avengers Vs. Thanos any good?

I mean its got a lot of content for really really cheap, but that doesn't matter if the majority of the stories are poo poo.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Is the Avengers Vs. Thanos any good?

I mean its got a lot of content for really really cheap, but that doesn't matter if the majority of the stories are poo poo.

Avengers Annual #7 and Marvel Two in One annual #2 are mad loving good and worth the five bucks alone.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Convergence-Week-4-Sale/page/6395?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9kZXNrdG9wL3NtYWxsQ2Fyb3VzZWw

DC One Million 1-4
Superman: Red Son
Adventure Comics 460-465
Infinity Inc 1-10
Justice League of America (1960) 29-40, 170-172
Power of Shazam 1-20

Gotham by Gaslight, some 80's Mad Max Jonah Hex, Showcase 97-99 (Power Girl's origin), old Captain Atom featuring Ted Kord's debut.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Apr 28, 2015

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
If you haven't red Red Son i'll recommend it because it's awesome as all hell.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

That Adventure Comics run was one of the cornerstones of my childhood.

Ruzaii
Mar 1, 2009

Is DC One Million any good?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ruzaii posted:

Is DC One Million any good?

It's a fun event with all the tie-ins (Morrison essentially plotted out everything they put out for a month) and in the context of his whole JLA run. Those four issues alone, I dunno.

There's a big heavy omnibus you can get with everything in it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Apr 28, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Hitman 1 million is hilarious because it's the same character getting transported through time. "OH NO I TURNED MY rear end INTO A HAND GRENADE"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Free month of Marvel Unlimited for new and former customers.
http://marvel.com/ultron

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

New Humble KIDS Comics Bundle. Includes some fun stuff like Axe Cop, Lumberjanes, and an Usagi Yojimbo book.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Uthor posted:

Free month of Marvel Unlimited for new and former customers.
http://marvel.com/ultron

That's 2 months in a row huh.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

New Humble KIDS Comics Bundle. Includes some fun stuff like Axe Cop, Lumberjanes, and an Usagi Yojimbo book.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Only Living Boy is decent, too. I got tired reading it a page at a time on the Web, but should flow better as a book.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zoux posted:

That's 2 months in a row huh.

Yep canceled and reupped and now good until end the of may.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Didn't I hear somewhere that Unlimited is less useful for Marvel as a revenue stream than as a means to hook new customers who then buy more stuff?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Didn't I hear somewhere that Unlimited is less useful for Marvel as a revenue stream than as a means to hook new customers who then buy more stuff?

I'm sure it is. "Gee, this Avengers stuff is cool but I don't want to wait six months and get Secret Wars spoiled, I guess I'll start buying stuff"

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

I posted something like that in the chat thread.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Fandango sent me a code for some free comics for buying a ticket to see Avengers tonight. #1s of Captain America, Hulk, Hawkeye, Superior Iron Man, Black Widow, Avengers Origins: Quicksilver & the Scarlet Witch, and Thor: God of Thunder.

Then they sent me another.

https://marvel.com/redeem
FNDAAOURRMUV

First come, first serve, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug
Grabbed that, thanks!