Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
I would only like that to happen if it's tied in with a cluster gently caress of rules in an abruptly releaseD set of books for 300 dollars. Otherwise it wouldn't be the true GW experience which keeps me so immersed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

An Angry Bug posted:

A tiny electromagnet in the engine and some weight in the doors could work. Press a button, the magnet turns off and the doors fall open.

This is the best post this thread has seen in weeks.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moola posted:

I hope the new dex has a Riptide formation

Gun, gun, gun, gun... Gundam style.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Like for real, I would buy several of those if Riptides get a Knight style formation

cause they're only like $12 each

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Sorry you live in Minot, Naramyth. Surprised there's 40k players up there.

I'm from Grand Forks, actually. When I was playing my roommate for the championship game I overheard one of the guys I crushed to the other that I crushed that "don't feel bad, it's your first event and these Grand Forks guys are the best players in the state. All you can do is watch and learn." :3: :geno:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Moola posted:

Like for real, I would buy several of those if Riptides get a Knight style formation

cause they're only like $12 each

Its a shame that they're anime and thus belong in the garbage.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Anime is indeed garbage, but I would love to have literal anime Tau just to anger Tau players :3:

also the kits look fun to pose

Moola fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 23, 2015

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Anime is great

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

36" ordnance twin linked s9 ap2 ugh better be cheap

Cool idea, but the rules are crap. It costs and extra ~30 points ontop of a vindicator and all you get is an extra 12", single shot, and worse strength. For the same points you can bring 2.5 rapiers with the exact same gun. They'll live longer and do twice as much damage.

Laser Destroyers in general kinda suck. In book 4 they have a 48" range, which helps, but the single shot really stinks. If they were heavy 2 or had ignores cover they would be much more viable.

The best option, however, is to make them strength D. I mean they are called Laser Destroyers might as well make it happen. Seems pretty fair for a 50 point unit.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Anime

Not Anime

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
that skeleton is amazing

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

that skeleton is amazing

Even anime robits have skellies :3:

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
I have the dumbest question.

I just got some of the new citadel paints and they have this tab thing on the back of the top, between the hinge. When you open the pot the tab keep the top up, which is great or whatever, but how the hell do I close the top? The tab thing is now stuck there and wont let the thing close.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

ZachAttack posted:

I just got some of the new citadel paints and they have this tab thing on the back of the top, between the hinge. When you open the pot the tab keep the top up, which is great or whatever, but how the hell do I close the top? The tab thing is now stuck there and wont let the thing close.

Unless they've redesigned the paints since I last bought some (a couple of years), the tab should pop back out when you press the top closed. It's supposed to be a temporary catch, as you say, not a permanent locking device. If it's really somehow jammed up solid, then I don't know what you can do in the short term except join me in laughing at GW for somehow finding another banana peel to slip on in their tireless quest to sell us hobby products.

For the longer term, my sincere recommendation is that you buy dropper bottle paints in the future.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Yup, classic tab catch you have there. Going to need some good ol elbow grease and a faucet to wash off that inevitable aftermath of paint all over your hands.

(In the future let the top rest on the tab and it'll be fine)

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

JerryLee posted:

Unless they've redesigned the paints since I last bought some (a couple of years), the tab should pop back out when you press the top closed. It's supposed to be a temporary catch, as you say, not a permanent locking device. If it's really somehow jammed up solid, then I don't know what you can do in the short term except join me in laughing at GW for somehow finding another banana peel to slip on in their tireless quest to sell us hobby products.

For the longer term, my sincere recommendation is that you buy dropper bottle paints in the future.

I am with you man, dropper all the way. I have the entire badger minitare line as well as most of the VMA mettalics. I just wanted to play with some of this cracked earth stuff...

edit: I think I figured it out. I must have opened it TOO MUCH, causing the tab to get lodged in there. I just trimmed the loving thing. I hope I survive without it!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

ZachAttack posted:

It went too far. You shouldn't push it over the edge of the tab. If you look closely you'll see a little lip on the edge closest to the bottle itself. That's where the lid should catch.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

JerryLee posted:

Warhammer 40K: Yet another banana peel

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

ZachAttack posted:

Push the top down and use the end of a paint brush or something similar to bend that tab sideways, and you should be able to close it with a minimum of mess or fuss.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
I hate those pots so much.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Is it worth it buying the new Khorne-dex? Or should I wait and see if they do a new CSM dex later in the year?

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Technowolf posted:

Is it worth it buying the new Khorne-dex? Or should I wait and see if they do a new CSM dex later in the year?

Depends how much you like Khorne specifically, I think.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Technowolf posted:

If youre super hardcore into khorne berserkers and khorne daemons being buddies, maybe???

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DO IT TO IT posted:

Depends how much you like Khorne specifically, I think.

The khorne dex is more of a mix between daemons and chaos marines, isn't it? I honestly don't care know what all the rules for it are.
Take a look at the model lineup and if you like what you see I would go for it. The "kill things for bonuses!" is probably a lot better than the random table that normal daemons roll on.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Work is progressing on my Feugan which will continue to never see a table competitively... I'm thinking of doing all the Phoenix Lords because by the time I finish them GW will surprise me with brand new and awesome models. What are your thoughts?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
green gold and red is a neat scheme

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Technowolf posted:

It's way overpriced, like all the codexes, but I was actually really impressed when I saw it--it's well-put together and it's a substantial book. I'm working on a Daemonkin army now because I'm a huge loving tool and I have nothing better to do with my money. But the book is p neat and the army seems rad, even though Kharn is missing for some reason.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Like all things the Khorne Daemonkin is a bit overpriced, but it's actually a good codex. The ability to mix Heldrakes , Hounds, Bikers, Mauler Fiend, and Soul Grinders in the same list with out paying a ally tax is pretty good.

Especially now with the introduction of Eldar Jetbike Spam, Heldrakes are going to be more popular and AV13 will offer at least some protection until they blow you up with a D-Cannon.

It's a good book, has a good mechanic.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Esser-Z posted:

Imagine a Wraithknight stomping on a face at Strength D, forever.

new thread title tia

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Really hoping Cult Mechanicum is a full release with lots of vehicles etc.. Overdue for a full army. I like the Skittles army but wanna see the full army first.

Also, if the Imperial Knight rumours are true then I bet anything since their "heavy" support they will most certainly have ST D weapons.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Moola posted:

green gold and red is a neat scheme

Eldar would be easy if their colors were like my dreams.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

Also, if the Imperial Knight rumours are true then I bet anything since their "heavy" support they will most certainly have ST D weapons.

Knights, like Eldar, don't really need the help so obviously they will.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Eh, knights are pretty much apocalypse only for me anyway. I just like the cool dollies :shobon:

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
A full 40k admech release won't happen because that would be too cool, bet it's just another skittarii sized release with obvious holes in the list.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly the unique restriction has been lifted on the Avatar. Doesn't really make sense but whatever :buddy:

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.
You could have two different craftworlds fighting together, each with its own Avatar and stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll check. Weird , yeah he is in fact not a Unique Character.

The Eldar Warhost Allows 0-3 choices from the Regents of the Warhost, one of which is to select a Avatar. I can't see anywhere where it says he is Unique or anywhere on the Warhost page where it says you can only have one.

Avatar is actually kind of Boss in the Warhost because he get's a 12" move. 6" for normal then he get's the Battle Focus auto run 6".

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Apr 24, 2015

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Hencoe posted:

A full 40k admech release won't happen because that would be too cool, bet it's just another skittarii sized release with obvious holes in the list.

Hopefully they full the gaps in each others lists and you can just ally them.

Actually hopefully not because otherwise I'll end up buying some :shepspends:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Wait does it make sense for Admech to have Knights? Isn't that their big thing. So maybe just a few more squads and then KNIGHTS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

It's way overpriced, like all the codexes, but I was actually really impressed when I saw it--it's well-put together and it's a substantial book. I'm working on a Daemonkin army now because I'm a huge loving tool and I have nothing better to do with my money. But the book is p neat and the army seems rad, even though Kharn is missing for some reason.

All of the new codexes are beautiful books. It's a shame they cost so drat much.

• Locked thread