Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Kyle is doing another Shakespeare Month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yessssssssssss.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head
It's going to be a great month!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hoping House of Cards[/u] shows up for [i]Macbeth. I reckon Kyle would be able to take an interesting look at how the discrepancies between the British and American political systems affected the presentation of the story in each adaptation. Of course, he may have something completely different planned, which I will almost certainly enjoy anyway. I liked all the videos from last year.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hoping House of Cards[/u] shows up for [i]Macbeth. I reckon Kyle would be able to take an interesting look at how the discrepancies between the British and American political systems affected the presentation of the story in each adaptation. Of course, he may have something completely different planned, which I will almost certainly enjoy anyway. I liked all the videos from last year.

I feel like House of Cards was already addressed when he talked about its most direct influence, which is Richard III

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Oh god. There was this facebook thing going around amongst my friends where you could check which song was the number one hit the day of your birth and Todd's #1 was my loving song. Everyone else I know born that year got some pretty lovely songs too but everyone agreed that mine was the worst :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
When I was born, "Bohemian Rhapsody" was number one (because it recharted after Freddie Mercury died).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Hmm, I wonder mine i... Milli loving Vanilli? Really?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it
Sweet, I got Vogue. Lucked out. This must also explain my love of diva pop.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

I had Paula Abdul. I'm not sure I know how I feel about this.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Baby Got Back :haw:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Thunderfinger posted:

I had Paula Abdul. I'm not sure I know how I feel about this.

You don't have to feel anything if you're a coooold heaaaarted snaaaaake

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Don't You (Forget About Me) by Simple Minds

:lol:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
"I'm Too Sexy" yep that's about right, though one more day and it would have been "To Be With You" from Mr. Big

Rebochan
Feb 2, 2006

Take my evolution

Red Metal posted:

Baby Got Back :haw:

Jay O posted:

Sweet, I got Vogue. Lucked out. This must also explain my love of diva pop.

Jsor posted:

Hmm, I wonder mine i... Milli loving Vanilli? Really?

Wheat Loaf posted:

When I was born, "Bohemian Rhapsody" was number one (because it recharted after Freddie Mercury died).

You kids are too young :bahgawd:

Owner of a Lonely Heart.

Inspiration for a midly amusing sketch on MST3K... nice.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Say Say Say by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson.

Not bad.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Hard to Say I'm Sorry by Chicago.

Could be worse I suppose.

Fake edit: Eye of the Tiger was the UK top that day

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
edit: oh wait this is for the UK:

The Number 1 single was:
Paul Hardcastle - "19"

The Number 1 album was:
Dire Straits - "Brothers In Arms"

Born same day:
1904 - Fats Waller
1941 - Ronald Isley ( The Isley Brothers )
1948 - Leo Sayer ( Born Gerard Sayer )
1964 - Martin Blunt ( bassist, The Charlatans )
1972 - The Notorious B.I.G ( deceased )

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sarcopenia posted:

Oh god. There was this facebook thing going around amongst my friends where you could check which song was the number one hit the day of your birth and Todd's #1 was my loving song. Everyone else I know born that year got some pretty lovely songs too but everyone agreed that mine was the worst :(

I remember my uncle did this, and was vaguely hopeful because he was borne when the Rolling Stones and the Beatles were in full swing.

This is what he got https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izQB2-Kmiic

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Mine is Joan Jett - I Love Rock'n'Roll. At least it is in the American charts, don't know about the Australian.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. Fitting that it's Canadian but meh.

At least, for the UK charts, it was Firestarter the The Prodigy.

Keromaru5 posted:

J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"
Thanks, now I got that stuck in my head.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Wrageowrapper posted:

Mine is Joan Jett - I Love Rock'n'Roll. At least it is in the American charts, don't know about the Australian.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I'm not sure which song I am. It's either Ice Ice Baby or Love Takes Time, though it's likely Ice Ice Baby.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it
Here is a source that lets you see your birth song from other nations' charts that are not America, for those curious.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like the conception song better:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe93CLbHjxQ&t=13s

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The conception one may be off if your mother got a C-section.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
WTF I've never even heard of SWV or their apparent hit "Weak".

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it

Mraagvpeine posted:

The conception one may be off if your mother got a C-section.

Wait, what?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Hey Miss Wallace, are we going to see a new Baywatching soon?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Jay O posted:

Wait, what?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

The website also has an option for the song that was playing when your parents got busy and made you. I'm assuming there are parents that plan a C-section in advance, and therefore you are born earlier than when the mother is waiting until her water breaks and goes into labor.

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Apr 24, 2015

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!
I got...Betty Davis Eyes, by Kim Carnes. Not a favorite of mine to be sure, but not embarrassing either.

Also:

Jay O posted:

Wait, what?

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it
Until this joke is properly explained to me (and Sephiroth_IRA and OrangeKing,) I will stitch it into my heart alongside the time I heard someone making a joke about throwing their hymen out a window. Women's biology and the english language can both be very confusing.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was not trying to make a joke. I edited my comment above to try and explain it.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

once you get used to it
Okay, but like...

Mraagvpeine posted:

The website also has an option for the song that was playing when your parents got busy, but with a C-section you are born earlier than when the mother is waiting until her water breaks and goes into labor.

You're at term either way. Women's water can break before or after the nine month due date assumption. Women get C-sections on their due date all the time. Etc. Wait What still fully applies.

Anyway, predicting conception is pretty difficult to begin with. They can mostly get away with it on the site because #1 songs change fairly slowly.

How did on this topic get we?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I was trying to argue that C-section could change the theoretical conception date and what song your parents were listening to, but I'll cede this discussion since I don't really want to continue it.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I got "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (born on January of '93). After watching Todd's video, I laughed :D

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und
NOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Mine is Don't Wanna Lose You, by Gloria Estefan. Never heard it before and I don't care to hear it again. Pretty boring.

• Locked thread