Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Maybe you're just cranky because you're hungry. Can I interest you in a CHEEZE PIZZUH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That does sound pretty good right now yeah

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

For real though, yeah they can't all be winners for everyone. I was super into the lame impressions they did in this recent episode though.

Trexy
Aug 7, 2007

wife/GF
can't/won't

Ariong posted:

Bingo. I have literally only laughed at the content of a Sadlib once (the once that Griffin laughed at, and commented on how it was actually funny) but Justin and Griffin's horrified, angry reactions are always hilarious. Especially since Justin brought this one on all of us. Well, him and 500 accomplices.

The funny thing about it is that Justin and Griffin have an easy way to sabotage a sad lib: dead science. Can you imagine? From the moment Travis opens his mouth it's just him reading word after terrible word all by himself, and then when he's done they just move on without even acknowledging it. How mortifying would that be?

I haven't listened to the show yet but, it's the same joke every time. Justin and Griffin are upset and will interject about how upset they are every 5 seconds or so. They could be replaced with a Justin and Griffin soundboard and it would be about the same.

Travis343 posted:

Eh, it was an hour of breathless, spastic yelling. They were really not on their game this time. They were shouting over each other and interrupting the audience. It felt like they were trying to get by on pure energy and off the cuff zaniness and it was actively irritating to listen to. If I had paid to attend that show I'd be pretty upset.

The latest Adventure Zones also suffered from this a little. Everyone tripping over each other to spit out goofs and non sequitur any time griffin is trying to describe a location or npc. I'm sure they'll find the rythmn again though.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e390vEHRy3I

Griffin & Justin (feat. Dracula)

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Trexy posted:

Everyone tripping over each other to spit out goofs and non sequitur any time griffin is trying to describe a location or npc.

In fairness that's like every game of D&D I've ever played.

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
Thanks, infant son for typing that fun message to the Internet.

Captain Internet fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 10, 2015

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
1. This is the best video I've ever watched on Polygon
2. Griffin is quite a beast at this game

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

Invisible Ted posted:

I'm pretty much ready to never hear a sadlib again, they're exponentially more irritating every time I hear one.

Griffin's account spotted.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I've been watching a lot of Parks and Recreation lately and now when I listen to Sawbones I can't help but hear a lot of similarities between Justin's persona and Tom Haverford.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
starting the new ep and he beeeeetter chug that old cereal milk :colbert:

My Brother, My Brother, and Me: He scarfed my za

MAKING MEANING AND BREAKING RULES
POLKA THROUGH A STYROFOAM CUP. INSTAGRAM.

I was hoping the third city would be L.A. :(

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Apr 13, 2015

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

TheFallenEvincar posted:

starting the new ep and he beeeeetter chug that old cereal milk :colbert:

My Brother, My Brother, and Me: He scarfed my za

MAKING MEANING AND BREAKING RULES
POLKA THROUGH A STYROFOAM CUP. INSTAGRAM.

I was hoping the third city would be L.A. :(

They did an LA live show really recently. Like in the past 3 months or so I want to say.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Justin's breakdown over that pizza question was my favourite part of the episode.

Also is there something wrong with the water in West Virginia? Because given the choice between tap water and old, used milk, I know which I'd pick. I was expecting griffin to call him on that point in the way that he does that.

CherryDoom
Jul 5, 2005

SIGH

Roach Warehouse posted:

Justin's breakdown over that pizza question was my favourite part of the episode.

Also is there something wrong with the water in West Virginia? Because given the choice between tap water and old, used milk, I know which I'd pick. I was expecting griffin to call him on that point in the way that he does that.

It seemed more like an issue of Justin not being able to get up to get a drink once the recording had started. Didn't seem like it would be that big a deal since they had literally just started, but I think they were playing it up for laughs. I too was waiting for Griffin to ask if he was incapable of drinking water.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
It's Appalachia. Gotta work on that Mountain Dew Mouth.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

There actually was an issue with water in WV a while ago, though I think it's safe to drink by now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Elk_River_chemical_spill

But yeah, they were just doing a bit during the show.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sivart13 posted:

1. This is the best video I've ever watched on Polygon
2. Griffin is quite a beast at this game
This bears repeating, some pretty good laughs to be had. It really replicates the experience of playing a difficult 90's-era game while your brother/friend mercilessly mocks you for failing.

Thewlis
Feb 24, 2006

Custard Coloured Superdream
okay, seriously, what is the episode where they discuss america's next top model and beard weaves? it's driving me loving crazy.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Thewlis posted:

okay, seriously, what is the episode where they discuss america's next top model and beard weaves? it's driving me loving crazy.

I remember them bringing this up a few times during the Moneyzone Hulu+ spots, but that's it. I'm sure some maniac knows the exact dates and times though.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Scrolling back I see an episode 166 titled boys in the house, that's a good place to start

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Look man there's a whole saga of Griffon introducing the other boys to Top Model and it's just pure beauty.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Look man there's a whole saga of Griffon introducing the other boys to Top Model and it's just pure beauty.

Justin was already on that. One of the best parts of Satellite Dish was Justin and Sydnee talking about how batshit insane Top Model was.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The end of this new episode is loving incredible. It's the worst/greatest thing that's ever happened at a live show

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Late on this but I was laughing so hard I was crying on the bus to work at Jenkins' existential crisis and the party's cruelty in the last Adventure Zone.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I love the complete contrast in the proposal tones.

will you marry me and stuff

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
The ending of the live show was amazing, although Travis had straight-up NO CHILL the whole episode. I'm glad Justin kept calling him out on it.

Adventure Zone was a goddamed masterpiece. Literally nothing of substance happened till, uh, about the last ten minutes, and it was glorious. Just them loving around with Griffin for an hour.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i like the idea that the party got mad at Griffin rules-lawyering them during the swamp fight so they've gotten back at him by hijacking his campaign and teasing him incessantly

So what would have taken one episode has now taken three because of a Tom Bodett sprinkler party, in-depth discussion of Griffin's sleep habits and Droopy Dog impressions

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Griffin playing along to Travis passive-aggressively putting him on blast was great because he could have just as easily ignored it and I doubt anyone would have realized that Travis was making fun of him.

And yeah the party just turning into huge dicks to Griffin via being obnoxious assholes to everyone they meet in the world has been fantastic. I barely remember what they're even supposed to be doing and I don't care.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

VDay posted:

I barely remember what they're even supposed to be doing and I don't care.

Yeah I'm glad they aren't letting the plot get in the way of the jokes like I was fearing would happen as they expanded the world from the tutorial dungeon

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Meh, I'm the opposite. I liked it better when it was funny people half trying to do a D&D campaign instead of just wacky nonsense and everyone trying to outgoof each other.

That said, Griffin's Fancy Lad was amazing.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
"How was that?" "Very Westside Story" :lol:

all the other podcast ads and flophouse voices were gross tho

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 23, 2015

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think it's crazy to get punched out a goddamn window on an underground bullet train and not instantly die from it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

TheFallenEvincar posted:

"How was that?" "Very Westside Story" :lol:

all the other podcast ads and flophouse voices were gross tho

Yea, I heard people say flophouse was a decent show, but like all ads on Max Fun it just sounds like the pits, must be better than that.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I agree the Flophouse's ad is rather lackluster, but I gave it a go when I was stuck home ill recently and it's pretty delightful. I recommend the abysmal animated movie Food Fight as a taster episode. (It also contains this goof which I find hilarious for reasons I don't really understand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqxwgRHp07o)

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I can't get over how much those three dudes sound like one dude doing terrible voices.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Grondoth posted:

I can't get over how much those three dudes sound like one dude doing terrible voices.

Sorry about your broken ears I guess but you should listen to it for sure in that case because I think some bits will actually break you.

Production
Jun 11, 2001
They sound nothing alike now, but I remember going back and listening to the first few episodes when they had Simon instead of Elliott. He fell right between Dan and Stuart and the sound quality was bad enough that I'd probably say there were only two guys there, having a hard time making a podcast.

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!
Oh no Ross and Carrie is awesome and I found out about it from the ads on MBMBaM, so they can work.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
The Flop House's promo is 100% accurate, though. It really is mostly about words that sound like other words. The Transcendence episode features an extended segment where they're just saying words that sound like the titles of Christopher Nolan films. I mean this in the nicest way possible: if I had not listened to U Talkin U2 to Me, The Flop House would be the dumbest podcast I've ever listened to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
A Black Oedipus named Bloedipus!
With Rudy Ray Moore as Tireiseis!

• Locked thread