Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I write at least 20-30 a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I have not written as many as I did last season. I'll have to remedy that.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Just beat my personal best score for Blind Survival in One Finger Death Punch, which sparked a discussion about Markiplier in the chat.

Ultra Swole tribe? More like ultra BEST tribe.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Sexy tribe please report to call for important challenge work

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
Super Dooper Mega Sexy Peoples! Show up so we can finish up some stuff!

Also, Hi Ultra Swole. How has your day been?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Oh Darn, I completely forgot about confessionals. Why not share my innermost thoughts with strangers who are probably laughing at all of our totally confused ideas about what is happening?

Non-secret-secret, I'm mostly afraid that I'm boring. Nobody cares that I can finger-crochet :downs:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

SuperSexies please report to the group chat once again

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Strong Mouse posted:

Super Dooper Mega Sexy Peoples! Show up so we can finish up some stuff!

Also, Hi Ultra Swole. How has your day been?

It goes. Errands day!

Hope everything is going well on your end!

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lGTKtqtXeE

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why she dressed like pikachu?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Clearly she is The Cheat

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z5jU5nrlAo

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Well, Sexies, I hope you aren't rushing to get your stuff done at the last minute!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

(。-‿ ◕。)/

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OH GOD IM RUNNING OUT OF TIME

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

FL we wait for you to give us the go ahead right?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Greetings everybody. Welcome to the Awful Survivor: You Look Like poo poo fashion show!

For the past 48 hours, you and your new teammates have been designing the official look of the Swole and Sexy tribes. Meanwhile, a panel of judges has been assembled to come here today and appraise your work.

As you know, in fashion, one week you're in, the next week you're out. The tribe with the lower score, taking the average of all judges' submitted scorecards at 9PM EST, will be seeing me on Monday for Tribal Council.

You may now post your designs and your accompanying words. Good luck.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In as far off a locale like what you see in Survivor, you got to remember two things in your wardrobe: dominance, and attractiveness.

Picture this. You just got to the island, fresh from the shipwreck; you’re tired, dizzy, pushed closer to your limits than you prefer. And then you see the others, each of them in the same situation as you, staring the others down despite the fatigue and fears setting in. If you cannot exude dominance in your image, you let the other tribe walk over you. So in game and out, this Super Sexy wardrobe will send a message to all who see you wearing it: You are not to be messed with, although you do look drat fine.

The Sexy tribe outfit is a cohesive fusion of bold, physically imposing prowess and looking sexy as hell. Let's go over it piece by piece.

At the core of the outfit is a pair of burlap shorts and a leaf skirt. The burlap shorts cover what you need covered and the leaf skirt adds flair and style. Moving upward from there, the mesh vest is made of fish net we probably got from a previous reward challenge. One could use their fish nets for catching food, but we here at the sexy tribe prefer to use it show off our entire chest while still technically wearing a vest. Then there's the shoulder pads. These are finely adorned with sand dollars to impress your friends and foes alike but they also secure the top of the vest and really pull the whole thing together visually.

Obviously present within this outfit is the strong use of animal parts, specifically ocean fairing animals. From head to toe, this outfit is adorned with relics of the seas. The crab shell helmet, starfish necklace and fish sandals fully complete the ocean fashion.

The wardrobe is simple enough to put together without much hard work; no need to spend hours and hours to get it right, and it does its two jobs of intimidation and practicality well. Wrap the fishnet around the body for the top, crack the coconuts and apply them to the shoulders as pads that show off the strength in your arms and chest, tie palm leaves and grass on a rope, and weave them together for a flattering skirt that draws attention to the legs and midriff. For the shoes we split open the fish, and use the skins to make a flattering cover for these bark-soled shoes.

Of course, words can't convey all of this with words and ms paint. You need to see this on a real flesh and blood human. Observe me, MMM, looking fine as ever, in this incredible, authentically beach assembled get up:

I am posing with a representation of the machete and pot, because what is more attractive than the implication that somebody is trained in both combat and cooking?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The theme of our uniforms is Mad Max Tribal Warfare. We decided to go with a balanced approach to fashion, that involved both a basic tactic of intimidation and a general wearability, that has both practical application for challenges, and comfort during the long days of balmy island weather.

We understood from the beginning that creating actual armor from makeshift island materials would be at best impractical, so instead, we set our sights on a unified, intimidating aesthetic that could be accomplished with only a modest amount of work.

From the general look, to the accessories, to the wild hair, we focused on a fierceness in the women's uniform. Physical strength is not something that's easily rendered in an outfit, especially one like this, but we felt that dangerous ferocity was a much more achievable goal, and one that is at least as fitting in the Team Ultra Swole spirit.

As for the mechanics of the outfit, the women are wearing an open mesh halter made from lattice-woven palm fronds, over 'the buff' of constant Makeshift Survivor Bra fame. The mesh provides unparalleled freedom of movement, and can be assembled with a minimum amount of materials. This top has been paired with a palm frond miniskirt over the big obstacle of the women's uniform, stitched-lizard-skin capris. While the material is impractical to gather in large amounts, it's not impossible, and if we ran into a shortage of materials, they could be shortened from capris to hot pants relatively easily.

The women's feet are covered by basic gladiator sandals that will provide protection and support while also helping curb the rather unintimidating issue of foot stank. Optionally, they can also be enhanced with pearlescent fish scales wrapped around the lower shins and the arch of the foot to give them stability. To finish the ensemble, there are coconut husk kneepads, a sea-shell shoulder pad adorned with a boar's tusk, a basic spear, and a lizard tooth necklace, all of which could be easily assembled in decent quantities. The last finishing touch is under-eye paint made from blood and ash (:black101:), which also serves the purpose of reducing glare.

While the women's outfit had to put a lot of work into making up for the lack of natural SWOLE, the men's uniform works from the opposite direction, accentuating the masculinity that is already there. Most of the effort for the male outfit goes not to the clothes themselves, but the tattoos, which are temporary, done in boarblood-paint that can be put on quickly, and removed easily after the battle is over.

The shoulderpad on the male uniform is significantly larger and heavier, held in place by strips of boarskin. These strips also hold on the asymmetrical forearm guard, and the (fake) eyepatch. The grass kilt is initially the only bottom clothing in the male uniform, but after complaints from ladies and the network censors, some form of underwear is eventually added. The sandals are made in the same fashion as the women's, as is the eyepaint.

Both uniforms emphasize practical use of materials, intimidation, freedom of movement, and are either waterproof, replacable, or quick-drying. No amount of salt water or sweat or rough-and-tumble challenges will make Ultra Swole look any less fierce and fantastic.

SWOLE TRIBE BEST TRIBE ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Thank you, Swole and Sexy tribes. Some very good work.

As you know, judges will rate your presentation based on creativity, execution, viability, and the overall power of the statement you're making.

We will now await the reviews and scores from our panel.

Scores will be on a scale of 0 to 10, with 10 being a perfect score.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello darlings. I, Meinberg, will be your first and prime most judge this evening. I hope you are prepared for the most incisive of all commentary.

Well, well, well, let's see what we have here. A second rate Neptune and some neo-punks. How utterly cliche.

But I suppose I must judge and judge I shall. For starters, 0 in creativity for both of you. I expected much better from the Ultra Swole and Super Sexy.

With that out of the way, we can look at how well each team pursued their specific goals. And there is no denying Ultra Swole certainly went forward, pursuing their vision as... well as they could. I'll give them a 4 for execution. As for the Super Sexy, I think there's no denying that their flair for utilizing the beings of the sea has resulted in a far more passionate presentation. 8 for execution.

Which brings us to how possible these outfits would be to create, and here we see the danger of utilizing still living creatures in one's aesthetic designs. Crabs have a way of pinching, after all. Meanwhile, the Ultra Swole have created something eminently practical both in construction and wear. 2 to Super Sexy, 8 to Ultra Swole.

And finally, we approach the passion of it all, the way that it all comes together. And ultimately the faux-retroprimifuturism of the Ultra Swole simply does not work for me. I have to give them a 4. Meanwhile, the Super Sexy shine forth here. They may be walking well trodden ground, but who does not wish for another Neptune to walk amongst us? Who does not yearn for the sea and the flesh to be united in solemn dignity? Who here does not gaze onto the waves and wonder what it might be like to live as a triton? 10 points to Super Sexy!

So, my total scores:
Ultra Swole: 4
Super Sexy: 5

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Sexy Tribe

A cohesive theme that is very chic and minimalist while still allowing ample room for accessories as needed. The mesh tank top provides an illusion of nudity while still covering the skin, which is of great appeal to the young people in order to look sexy but not overdo it.

Your explanation of your piece is adequate, and your real life model does your sketch justice.

I am slightly concerned about the half-fish sandals and the crab hat. Both of which include many pointy things and would begin to smell quite bad very quickly. For that, this loses some points in the viability and my own personally created smell category.

Final Score: 7

Swole Tribe

I can really get a grasp of your vision here and you have created a lot of pieces for your collection. Both the men and women's outfits look like they belong together, matching style together while still being unique.

Your explanation is excellent and detailed. I really get a sense of who you are trying to dress here and how they will feel while wearing it.

I am slightly concerned with the level of viability in putting this effort together as those leggings would take a lot of lizards, and you make no mention of how you would turn the skin into fabric for both the boar and lizards which may be time consuming when you must be busy with challenges and gathering firewood and the like.

However if you could find the materials and manipulate them correctly, these would be fashion forward outfits!

Final Score: 9

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Super Sexy -

The first thing I thought to myself when this came out was "editorial". I loved it! From the saucy crab headgear, down past the coconut epaulets on the shoulder and right through the mesh top. It made quite the statement and really said you were working with an island motif.

The bottom I am not as fond of. I know you don't have any organza on the beach but this just felt so trite and old. We've seen this look for the last 500 years and unfortunately that doesn't make it a classic, it makes it worn out.

However I really enjoyed your accessories and I thought they brought a playful look that really completed the outfit.

I give this look a 37/40 and I'm excited to see what you can do next.

Super Swole -

First off let me say I'm a huge fan of mad max so your outfit put a big.smile on my face and I knew just what you were going for before you even told us what it was. I found the straps on the male outfit very daring and your workmanship was top notch.

That being said, I'm not sure this outfit is quite practical for your situation. It didn't look like it would be comfortable at all and I couldn't see spending the whole day in this. Your model looked uncomfortable after just a few minutes. I'm also worried it's a little one note. I don't get the sense of your whole story looking at this ensemble, I'd like to see more here that shows off your surroundings. There was a wide range of materials available to you and I think you could have challenged yourselves a bit more.

Great effort all around, just would have liked to see more creativity. 33/40

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Way to follow instructions, Hal.

Hal gets 0/10 on judging ability.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The crab and fish were dead meinberg!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

How does that help the smell?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

They're still gonna rot and get grossnasty tho

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

HELLO ALL MICHAEL KORS HERE.

FIRST OF ALL THANKS JEFF FOR LETTING ME GET A TAX-WRITEOFFABLE VACATION. LOVE YA BABE.

DESIGNERS, MESH? WHAT IS THIS, FIRE ISLAND CIRCA 1993? DARLING PLEASE. MUD IS WHERE IT'S AT RIGHT NOW. ALL OF MY MODELS ARE WEARING CAKED-ON FIERCENESS DOWN THE RUNWAYS IN MILAN AND PARIS.

BUT LET'S GET DOWN TO BRASS TAX SHALL WE? ONLY ONE OF YOU CAN WIN ON THE SCALE OF 1 (MICHAEL SNORES) TO 10 (MICHAEL ROARS WITH DELIGHT).

SEXY TRIBE
HAVING AN ALL NETTING TOP IS A RISK. I LIKE RISKS. IT'S NOT SUITABLE FOR MY CLIENTELE AT MACYS BUT THOSE LADYS AREN'T GOING TO BE FIGHTING EELS ANYT IME SOON. MY ONE RESERVATION IS THAT ALL THAT SEAFOOD IS GOING TO SMELL LIKE MY POOLHOUSE AFTER THE MICHAEL KORS WHITE PARTY. IS ROTTING FISH SEXY? MICHAEL KORS DOUBTS IT.

POSITIVES, THE COCONUT WITH DO GOOD WITH HYDRATION, AND I LIKE THE FEATHERED MESS WHICH CLASHES IN AN APPEALING WAY WITH THE SHORTS (AS UNCOMFORTABLE AS THEY WILL BE). THE STYLIZED ACCOUTERMENTS ARE A NICE TOUCH.

I GIVE IT AN 8 (6 FOR THE LOOK PLUS A BIT EXTRA FOR THE EXTRA TOUCH WITH THE MODEL – YOU CAN TELL HE USED THE VIVA DELUXE HAIR PROFESSIONALS!)

SWOLE TRIBE
DARLING WHERE'S THE COLOR? THE VIM? THE VIGOR? THE HAIR IS A NICE TOUCH. YOU LOOK LIKE KESHA IF INSTEAD OF GOING THROUGH THE GARBAGE SHE WAS TURNED INTO A MERMAID, BUT I WANT TO SEE THE WHOLE OUTFIT SHINE!

BUT LET'S TALK ABOUT TECHNIQUES. I LIKED YOUR DESCRIPTION OF YOUR CONCEPT, BUT THE USE OF FABRIC IS A BIT LACKLUSTER. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY BRAS MADE OUT OF BUFFS I'VE SEEN. THOSE PANTS, HOWEVER, ARE WHERE YOU SHINE. THE IRIDESCENCE. THE GLOW. THE GLIMMER. AM I ON MOLLY RIGHT NOW OR IS THIS SINGING? I'M MICHAEL KORS.

THE EXTRA TOUCHES ARE ONCE-AGAIN NICE, THOUGH I THINK THE MAN'S BRACER IS A BIT MUCH. AND THE CUT OUT BONDAGE THING IS NOT MY FAVORITE. YOU DID WELL THOUGH!

SWOLE I'LL GIVE YOU A 7 (5 FOR LOOK 2 FOR DESCRIPTION)

WAIT IS THAT ZAC POSEN? KORS OUT!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Super Sexy tribe:
Creativity: 10 - The fish sandals, crab hat, and accessorizing with the sand dollars, plus the psuedo-fishnets under the leaf skirt matched with the actual fishnets above all are great and come together cohesively.
Execution: 7 - I’d like to see more going on towards the midriff - some kind of extra detail would go a long way since the existing stuff draws the eye upwards.
Viability: 7 - Putting together that skirt would be a mess, and although MMM seems to have made it work I’d dock you for that
X Factor/Power: 8 - I imagine a power look here coming with a Creature from the Black Lagoon-type slow rise from the water, with the crab sitting on the surface of the water like a lilypad or a rubber deck. Overall really good work.
Overall: 32/40

Super Swole tribe:
Creativity: 6 - I’m getting more Xena: Warrior Princess than anything else from the first look - barbarian chic works, but I’m not sure if I’d be able to get island from it. The second look owns it mores with the palm fronds~
Execution: 7 - I love the hair, I love the ash/blood details, and I love the animal bone shoulder pads. The women’s kneepads and the general construction of the men’s corset/ropy X thing both kind of stick out to me as incongruous, although I’m not sure how I’d handle the men’s torso section.
Viability: 10 - This is where you guys excelled, I can see this working, the sourcing of details and such were done well, and I can see a whole tribe’s “collection” around it along Mad Max-y kinds of work.
X Factor/Power: 7 - There’s a definite aesthetic in play here that comes across well - an aggressive brutal thing - I’m just not getting a ton more than that.
Overall - 30/40

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

At least one judge is still working on their report so we're going to give them a slight extension. There will be more scores to come.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 24, 2015

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Hi it's me I'm Heidi Klum. :sun:

Sexy Tribe

This is brilliant-- I love the use of sandollars and I could totally see myself wearing this to the beach (it's obv unisex.)

Props for taking the time to make that skirt-- you really got the draping right.

Swole Trible

Mmm, I appreciate that you took the time to make both a women's and a men's look-- but I don't believe you'd have time to tan any lizard hides.

The women's outfit doesn't really give me a sense of that you had a woman in mind who would wear this. It needed to be edited down a bit, I think. And those kneepads, ugh!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

In strange aeons, even a dead crab may pinch.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

By the way, I was Zac Posen, it just doesn't come across very well in text beyond being boring and awkwardly groping MMM while checking out his outfit

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

Hello everyone! I want to say how well both tribes did and I would love to wear either one of those outfits on the red carpet a deserted island.

Super Sexy, this is definitely a creative design. I love the use of sand dollars, but I'm not sure I would ever want to wear fish shoes or a crab hat. The starfish necklace is beautiful, however. There are certainly plenty of coconuts nearby, so you earn points for using them! There isn't much use for the outside of a coconut besides being used as a rice bowl, so putting them on your shoulders is a nice touch. +1 for recycling! I dislike the netting being used as a shirt because you should probably fish with it. Protein is very important, you know! It is a pretty sexy outfit, but the lack of an outfit for women makes me sad. Women are a part of your sexy tribe!

As much as MMM impressed me with his outfit (I would give you more than 10 if I were scoring that,) I can't judge based on them. That said, I give Super Sexy a 7 out of 10. Well done!

Ultra Swole, I am so impressed that you were able to create two designs! After all, there are several women on the island. Very thoughtful! I agree with Hal that it looks uncomfortable as gently caress, but damned if I don't want those lizard skin pants all for myself. Of course, one of my favorite parts of the whole deal is the buff! I love seeing it incorporated in your design. I also appreciate the lack of pants on the swole man and hope a breeze is present on the island. I thoroughly disagree that underwear should be made necessary. Overall, both of your designs are fierce.

I would definitely wear several parts of your design and I award Ultra Swole 8 out of 10 points. Great job!

Not really an edit: YUMING!! We wore the same dress to the same event. :smith:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ylls 0/10 hth

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

Power of Pecota posted:

By the way, I was Zac Posen, it just doesn't come across very well in text beyond being boring and awkwardly groping MMM while checking out his outfit

POSEN! WELL AT LEAST WE CAN BOTH AGREE THE MOON IS NEITHER A PLANET NOR A STAR UNLIKE ISAAC.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Here are the judges' scores...

code:
Tribe	Mein	Asiina	Hal	8Bux	Pecota	Daisy	yuming
Sexy	5.00	7.00	9.25	8.00	8.00	7.00	9.00
Swole	4.00	9.00	8.25	7.00	7.50	8.00	6.00

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

Power of Pecota posted:

How do you feel about Sexy's costume in a 162 game format, where our uniform is judged on a day to day basis, and not judged as a single unit?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

With an average of 7.1, the Ultra Swole tribe impressed the judges to some degree.

But with an average of 7.6...

Super Sexy tribe

Wins

Immunity!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

gently caress you Kors!

• Locked thread