Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

sakurai posted:

It’s a huge undertaking to create a fighter, so I think we can’t make them in large quantities. I’d also like to feel refreshed when the project is over. However, since we have decided to tackle [DLC] once, I’d like to offer as much fun [content] as possible. It will take a while from now, but please look forward to it.

Well he said fun content which doesn't mean roy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cicadas! posted:

aMSa :swoon:
I love his Yoshi, I had no idea he played Greninja! Guy's great. I love that trick where he does the fakeout jab > footstool > downair, I gotta try that. I see a lot of B-reversing too, and that's probably something I should be doing more.

As for what you were saying (bolded), yeah, I saw a lot of this and punished it whenever I could. It worked a disproportionate amount of times, leading me to believe that most sonic players aren't very flexible outside of the one thing they know how to do, and I should take advantage of that when I can. As for the star clank I tried for that but he almost always recovered before I could do anything (grab, dash, etc.) Most of the matches I played today VS. Sonics I lost, but they were usually at least fairly close, generally with no more than a 50% deficit between us. I feel like I can go all the way, but I definitely need more practice.

I know he's kind of a joke by this point, but I really like how Greninja feels so far. 2/4 of his aerials have very low landing lag, and I think his neutral air might have none. They're all very good to throw out and fastfall, and chaining a spike from dair to a nair as they bounce up to you is very satisfying. Point-blank shadow sneak is fun as a pseudo-counter to kick people whose dash attacks don't travel too far in the back, and getting it on an unawares offstage person is usually a KO. His actual counter itself seems pretty good too, as long as you never angle it left or right.

Thanks for the advice and the videos, Maple Leaf.

Greninja got continuously nerfed since the game came out but he's still far from a joke.

Wii Fit Trainer and like one other character are worthy of that title.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

TheKingofSprings posted:

like one other character are worthy of that title.

Just can't shut up about Lucina can you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aston posted:

Just can't shut up about Lucina can you.

I meant Charizard

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Wii Fit Trainer

you have just made yourself a very powerful enemy

now please stop ducking so I can hit you

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Smashes aren't telegraphed enough. I'd better whistle so everyone knows I'm about to do one.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AYA1HD-eM

E:

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Apr 23, 2015

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

jesus Sakurai stop my hype train can't go any faster

I do appreciate that he gave an official statement, but I like many others do have concern for his health. Though I suppose it's possible that now that he's not rushed, it's easier for him to work.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Apr 23, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Sakurai posted:

You mean I can make money and satisfy my fan's rampant aspergers by releasing DLC clones of already existing characters and adding minor balance tweaks to the same game for the next decade instead of being endlessly harassed to create Smash 5? gently caress yeah DLC

I'm kidding, glad he's doing this and hope he gets to chill and watch his health in between giving us more fun stuff.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Everyone just take a moment to stop and appreciate how perfect this image is.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
WIGGER!!!!!

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Crosspost quote from the Wii U thread:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Dizz posted:

Well he said fun content which doesn't mean roy.

Good Roy will get Bad Roy's armor and red wig as an alternate costume.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Roy is gonna be an Ike reskin instead of a Marth reskin in this game. He's gonna have Marth's speed but with Ike's moveset. It's gonna own.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

So do amiibos not really do anything special besides being an NPC you can fight? That doesn't really seem cool enough to warrant buying one unless they're specifically made for spergs who like to collect them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Sade posted:

Roy is gonna be an Ike reskin instead of a Marth reskin in this game. He's gonna have Marth's speed but with Ike's moveset. It's gonna own.

So he'll be flaming Chrom?

messagemode1
Jun 9, 2006

Dizz posted:

So do amiibos not really do anything special besides being an NPC you can fight? That doesn't really seem cool enough to warrant buying one unless they're specifically made for spergs who like to collect them.

They give you costumes and unlock some superficial stuff in other games.

That's it though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

So he'll be flaming Chrom?

He's already pretty flaming if you ask me...

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

mabels big day posted:

:dogbutton:

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Dizz posted:

They give you items/custom equipment/custom moves/mii outfits if you use them in matches.

Supposedly putting a bunch of them in an 8-Player Smash is a good way to cheese item farming, albeit an IRL-expensive one. though I suppose if you collect Amiibos this isn't an issue

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 23, 2015

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

I really want to use my Meta Knight amiibo because it's my Smash main, but it's a mint US release in the box, and its prices have gone so nuts recently that I don't want to open it, but gently caress spending how much it's worth to buy a second one just to play with, and :ohdear: Why the gently caress did they make these the new Beanie Babies

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

Cuckoo posted:

I really want to use my Meta Knight amiibo because it's my Smash main, but it's a mint US release in the box, and its prices have gone so nuts recently that I don't want to open it, but gently caress spending how much it's worth to buy a second one just to play with, and :ohdear: Why the gently caress did they make these the new Beanie Babies

Open your drat toy and play with it. Toys weren't meant to stay in boxes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

They will eventually print more and yours will crater so

Just loving play with your toy

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Alternatively: sell it before it craters(as in: sell it now), then buy another when they make another wave and it gets cheap. then play with that one

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Bread Liar
nnnoooooo the toy that is worth a lot that I won't open and never sell is worth a lot and will lose value if I open it, but I will never sell it, but it's worth a lot.. like $30, maybe $45.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Louisgod posted:

nnnoooooo the toy that is worth a lot that I won't open and never sell is worth a lot and will lose value if I open it, but I will never sell it, but it's worth a lot.. like $30, maybe $45.

I'M POOR OKAY

Actually yeah you guys are right, gently caress it. I already bought a Japanese Dedede just for opening so I'll release Meta Knight from its box and let the Kool Kirby Krew hang out on my entertainment center.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Cuckoo posted:

I'M POOR OKAY

Actually yeah you guys are right, gently caress it. I already bought a Japanese Dedede just for opening so I'll release Meta Knight from its box and let the Kool Kirby Krew hang out on my entertainment center.

Actually wait no you should trade it to someone for their Lucina amiibo and then give that to your buddy TheKingofSprings

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

Actually wait no you should trade it to someone for their Lucina amiibo and then give that to your buddy TheKingofSprings

Lucina looks a little too much like one of those to be allowed in my collection

One of those...Animes :toughguy:

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

mabels big day posted:

It's funny you say that. Roy has the greatest number of potential wives in the series outside of the Avatar in Awakening.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Smash..... is finally good again.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Reiley posted:

Trigger warning please.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Reiley posted:

Smash is always good.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Sakurai will die finding a way to work Ridley into Smash. It will be a perfect implementation, and every time you select another character a prompt comes up saying "Are you sure you wouldn't rather play Ridley? Sakurai died to make him for you."

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like the implementation of Ridley because he's basically in Smash, he can be on your team and fight alongside you, and even now that he's an active participant nobody actually wants him around

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ridley has a disgusting face, and body. i hate him

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Leave Ridley as a level hazard and add Kraid as a playable character.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Remove Ridley as a stage hazard and patch/retcon all the old Metroid games so he never existed.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Put Ridley in Smash but make it baby furby Ridley from Other M.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Sakurai should put Daniel Bryan in smash, because they're both gonna become a farm if they keep overworking their arm injuries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'd rather have Roy than Ridley, and I'd rather have Ridley than any indie character. This is the pecking order.

• Locked thread