Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

Kill pig, autopsy pig, butcher pig, bury pig, level up Compassion.

You forgot to skin it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dahn posted:

You forgot to skin it

I think you can either skin or butcher but not both.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Noobs.

Or you can extract skulls.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

glug posted:

Noobs.

Or you can extract skulls.

I tried to extract a skull from a skeleton once and just made a mess. At that point I decided phrenology wasn't for me.

futile
May 18, 2009
This game sounded fun so I decided to try it out last night. My first experience out of the tutorial cave was running into a guy with a little garden and a nearby NPC slave playing music, only to eventually find out this was just a real dude RPing a slave. So Project Gorgon has that going for it.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

futile posted:

This game sounded fun so I decided to try it out last night. My first experience out of the tutorial cave was running into a guy with a little garden and a nearby NPC slave playing music, only to eventually find out this was just a real dude RPing a slave. So Project Gorgon has that going for it.

they recently introduced growth bonuses to plants that listen to music, so we needed a guy in the garden playing music 24/7

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Ruggan posted:

they recently introduced growth bonuses to plants that listen to music, so we needed a guy in the garden playing music 24/7

This game :psyduck: I love it. So much random stuff is happening. Its going to be like dwarf fortress where everything is stupidly detailed and you can basically do anything you can think of with an item except the most obvious thing because the programmer forgot isn't it? If the dev doesn't burn out I see greatness ahead in the odd things you'll be able to pull off especially if complex player constructable are added. I want to dynamically build a house with a swivel points for a catapult to throw rocks at invading ogres or other players. I then want it to be set on fire and the materials burn but not the construction so being in the house does damage and the walls are literally made of fire now.

I can dream of crazy dwarf fortress bugs visualized in glorious 3D open world sand box right?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Ruggan posted:

ive got him to lv 10 in horn and lute, i need to get all the other instruments for him

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

pixaal posted:

This game :psyduck: I love it. So much random stuff is happening. Its going to be like dwarf fortress where everything is stupidly detailed and you can basically do anything you can think of with an item except the most obvious thing because the programmer forgot isn't it? If the dev doesn't burn out I see greatness ahead in the odd things you'll be able to pull off especially if complex player constructable are added. I want to dynamically build a house with a swivel points for a catapult to throw rocks at invading ogres or other players. I then want it to be set on fire and the materials burn but not the construction so being in the house does damage and the walls are literally made of fire now.

I can dream of crazy dwarf fortress bugs visualized in glorious 3D open world sand box right?

idk... it's quirky but not deep in that same crazy self-interactive way

in other news, RICK.... GRIMMMESSSSSS <faaaaaaaarrrrt>

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

Ruggan posted:

idk... it's quirky but not deep in that same crazy self-interactive way

Yeah, Gorgon seems to be aiming more for a weirdly better Everquest 1 than Minecraft or something.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
Due to goon recommendations i installed last night. Holy poo poo this game is great. Amazingly detailed for a one man show. Apparently the dude is a former Asheron's Call dev, so that explains a lot. Wandering around and exploring the enviornment has been a lot of fun, even the graphics are not that terrible ( ok they are, but they are fine by me )

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

mushroom_spore posted:

Yeah, Gorgon seems to be aiming more for a weirdly better Everquest 1 than Minecraft or something.

yeah - I wouldn't hesitate to call this game deep at all, I just wouldn't call it emergent

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Being able to level absolutely everything is really bringing out the poop-socker in me. I've been trying really hard to focus on one or two things like sword and psychology but I saw some dude with a hammer and shield. Now that's all I want to do. That, and maybe rat handling. And fishing. And shrooming. And FUUUUU

Xexre
Jan 26, 2010

Elder Brother, you're so dreamy
:allears:

Inimicul posted:

Being able to level absolutely everything is really bringing out the poop-socker in me. I've been trying really hard to focus on one or two things like sword and psychology but I saw some dude with a hammer and shield. Now that's all I want to do. That, and maybe rat handling. And fishing. And shrooming. And FUUUUU

Welp, time to role play as a cave dwelling, rat handling, mushroom growing psychologist.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Not too sure what I am doing, but I am sure that what I am doing is fun.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
This is the best game

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Project Gorgon: You eat the corpse of Mr. Squeaky. +25XP in Percussion Instruments.

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
I killed a panther, and looted a water bottle. I killed a spider and looted crab meat. I killed a dinosaur and looted a brass gear...

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Clever girl...

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
Gretchen, the simultaneously best and worst racist!

~~TOOT TOOT TORNADO FUCKER~~

Also jumping on the "Needs a new title" bandwagon. I kinda skipped this game for a while because the awful graphics and "surprisingly playable" tagline kinda left a mediocre image in my head

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
I like the sturdy sword. Dude is obsessed with sturdiness. Also, Rita and the other chatty bitch in Serbule talk about the tornado loving as well. It is essentially a fact at this point.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Are we going to have to bribe a mod to get the title changed, and what title should we ask for? There have been so many good ideas.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Project Gorgon: a curse turned me into a cow, but at least my party won't go thirsty

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof

30.5 Days posted:

Project Gorgon: You eat the corpse of Mr. Squeaky. +25XP in Percussion Instruments.

I actually like this one a lot.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The quote from the thread that has really stuck with me is "fever dream online."

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Inimicul posted:

Are we going to have to bribe a mod to get the title changed, and what title should we ask for? There have been so many good ideas.

PM literally any games mod it's not hard

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

lewtt posted:

~~TOOT TOOT TORNADO FUCKER~~

To be fair, they heard tornadoes gave great blow jobs! :v:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

you can set fov and draw distance and a bunch of other useful stuff in the advanced section of the graphics options... good to know

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

there are a ton of graphics settings, but my rinky dink graphics card doesn't really see much benefit from tuning things down. hopefully there will eventually be some optimization done on the game client :shobon:

mushroom_spore
May 9, 2004

by R. Guyovich

30.5 Days posted:

This is perfect.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Project Gorgon: Don't be a Tornado-Fucker

Sekret
Dec 6, 2001
Curse you, Massive Genitals!
Man, respawns are sooo fast. I get swarmed like it's Asheron's Call, but I can't spec MeleeD or bane my armor.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm having the opposite problem, I'm at around 14/15 sword, and I can't seem to find anywhere to kill things at a decent pace.

Edit: Actually, I'm having a hard time finding what to do next, period. I've not gotten any new armour or weapons (except a staff and flasks) since the newb dungeon. Pretty much all I've done is run around getting all the quests I can from all the NPCs I can find on the wiki/my own, and doing them.

Themepark MMOs have broken me, my 15 year old DAoC playing self would be ashamed.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 24, 2015

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
Holy poo poo I feel bad that I haven't checked the MMO HMO in a few months and missed this until now.

This sounds right up my alley. I can't wait to try it tomorrow.

futile
May 18, 2009

Haerc posted:

I'm having the opposite problem, I'm at around 14/15 sword, and I can't seem to find anywhere to kill things at a decent pace.

Edit: Actually, I'm having a hard time finding what to do next, period. I've not gotten any new armour or weapons (except a staff and flasks) since the newb dungeon. Pretty much all I've done is run around getting all the quests I can from all the NPCs I can find on the wiki/my own, and doing them.

Themepark MMOs have broken me, my 15 year old DAoC playing self would be ashamed.
You should have had a couple of favors/quests by now mentioning getting things done in the Crypt beneath town. Have you checked that place out yet? It has chests that respawn every hour that give level 10-20ish gear and is the easiest place after the tutorial dungeon. The game doesn't really tell you what to do or where to go, though. Exploring, talking to NPCs, and generally finding things out is entirely on you.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Ah, I think that's the only place I haven't checked actually, everywhere else was kind of kicking my rear end other than just wandering around the wilderness.

IGN is Hurion.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Try to see if you can pick up a good belt before you go. Belts change 50-75% of gear you get to be more relevant rather than getting a cross section of whatever the hell.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
For you level 15 sword type folks, try the crypt in Serbule. Should be tough at that point, maybe bring a friend.. but try it out. It can keep you busy for a long while, and you can also move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Also, don't forget to set your secondary skill bar to sword as well. Someone mentioned that earlier and I went from 15 to 22 in sword in the blink of an eye while raping tigers. It literally doubles the xp you get for poking things in the rear end. I found some nice gear on the used tabs of various vendors that needed me to hit 20 in sword so I set out to do exactly that.

I wish I had known about the Crypt before. I'll go there now.