Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Did the video ref hit the wrong button?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
No evidence for a try, ref called no try

what

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Why didn't the Eels get penalised for refusing to pack the scrum?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

bowmore posted:

Did the video ref hit the wrong button?

Apparently - at least one person I know has checked and the shepherd rule as is generally described doesn't exist anymore in the NRL rule book - the only rule is obstruction, which clearly didn't happen. I am OK with admitting the tigers lost normally but that bad call cost us a win.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
More importantly, it cost me a tip :argh:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

More importantly, it cost me a tip :argh:

A good post :).

It also cost me a toe, since I caught mine on the leg of a table and am now looking at a growing bruise covering it whilst hobbling around :(

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Was talking about the second Eels try

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Was talking about the second Eels try

I know, but I was still in need of venting time.

The pain is helping.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Well that's poo poo.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I live about a 10 minute walk from Leichhardt oval but had to see family in ctown so I couldn't go to the game. Still without seeing the game at all I can safely say the refs were right.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I live about a 10 minute walk from Leichhardt oval but had to see family in ctown so I couldn't go to the game. Still without seeing the game at all I can safely say the refs were right.

Urge to carry out your username rising.

also hi ASIO

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I know its a pain to keep a player who doesn't want to be there and the raiders did the old sign him a year out to force the release trick but surely the tigers should have kept Austin for the year with how young their halves are.

Not that I'm complaining.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I know its a pain to keep a player who doesn't want to be there and the raiders did the old sign him a year out to force the release trick but surely the tigers should have kept Austin for the year with how young their halves are.

Not that I'm complaining.

Agreed, it's a shame we couldn't keep him since he and Thompson were two of our most consistent players. Today was a weird game - neither team had any standout players, but seemed to rely on penalties and mistakes to get any pressure at all. It was really a game that relied on the wind to build any sustained pressure.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

ForeverBWFC posted:

Leigh fan dropping in to say a pre-emptive hello to any SL fans reading this! :getin:

Great performance, great result. Anything that makes marwank unhappy is good for the sport.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Hahaha look at that weather at Shark Park :drat:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A bit damp down there

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Bunnies put up a bomb, clearly knock out on and then regather. Refs call six again, and they go through and score immediately. After a bit of a talk they send it upstairs as a no try, which is upheld.

Commentators: what a great call by they onfield refs!

No, you gibbering morons, it was a lucky call considering they got two chances to get it right. If the Souths player for tackled the original call would have stood and they probably would have scored one or two later. That was a lucky call at best.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
The draw for the 6th round of the Challenge Cup was made earlier, the top 8 teams from last year's Super League enter the competition at this stage. Super League teams in bold.

Widnes Vikings v Batley Bulldogs

Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants

Hull FC v Castleford Tigers

Wigan Warriors v Hull KR

Catalan Dragons v Featherstone Rovers

St Helens v York City Knights

Wakefield Wildcats v Leigh Centurions

Dewsbury Rams v Warrington Wolves

An extremely kind draw for St. Helens this year, and Leigh have a winnable game against Wakefield.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Leigh will probably replace the wildcats in super league next season, should be a good test.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Bunnies put up a bomb, clearly knock out on and then regather. Refs call six again, and they go through and score immediately. After a bit of a talk they send it upstairs as a no try, which is upheld.

Commentators: what a great call by they onfield refs!

No, you gibbering morons, it was a lucky call considering they got two chances to get it right. If the Souths player for tackled the original call would have stood and they probably would have scored one or two later. That was a lucky call at best.

Not gonna lie, I love to pile it on the refs who are usually shithouse, but Ben Cummins couldn't even open his eyes last night from the rain and wind so I reckon the on-field refs get a free pass for that game. Video refs have no excuse though, and they've been one of the biggest problems lately imo

Gregorio
Aug 9, 2010
Just got tickets for the Roosters Dragons clash on Saturday. Last game i went to was 4 nations in Wollongong and before that a home game at Jubilee.

Usually prefer the comfort of home but we'll make a day of it at Moore Park at least :)

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Tapau is farkin yooj. Wish we could have picked him up instead of Gavet.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

This song is so bad

edit: the veteran at the mic looks loving mad at how poo poo (and long) this song is

edit2: annual 'yobbos yelling during the pause in The Last Post moment' already, which game will we have the commentator and/or ground announcer start talking during it?

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Apr 24, 2015

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Awesome try, let's not capitulate today. Please.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Awesome try, let's not capitulate today. Please.

Look at this Charlie Brown motherfucker thinking he's gonna kick the football. Come to think of it, Charlie Brown's shirt is pretty much Tigers colours...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Look at this Charlie Brown motherfucker thinking he's gonna kick the football. Come to think of it, Charlie Brown's shirt is pretty much Tigers colours...

Oh I know we're going to lose, I just hope it's not to embarrassing

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Sharp play that. I tipped Tigers against the tide in my tipping comp so I'm going to be so disappointed in about an hour's time

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I rather enjoyed that.

the dogs though were fairly poo.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I can't believe we didn't poo poo the bed for once

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

I can't believe we didn't poo poo the bed for once

I know gus picked up on it, but the dogs looked totally unmotivated for all but 5 minutes. Couple that with the half time hilarity something must be up in the kennel.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK it's pretty bizarre to have the footy kick off at 7:40am (Holden cup)

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Shaping up to be one of those 'no defence' games.

edit: ugh total bullshit strip call on the Warriors costs us a try then the Titans get a try on the back of it

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 25, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

What the gently caress is this poo poo in the 2nd half :negative:

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
0-20 in the 2nd half.

Dean Bell got out at the right time.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

That was a really poor loss.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Warriors completely collapsed, they didn't look competent until the last three minutes. Titans continue to skate by on other teams' pathetic collapses.

iajanus fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Apr 25, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Interesting to see what happens with Granville, he fell to the ground after a head knock so shouldn't be allowed back on under the new rules.

edit: losing a player 6 minutes in due to the concussion guidelines should make it clear to the NRL why there should be an 18th man for this sort of scenario.

edit2: Kurt Gidley is one of those bad players that the commentators always seem to make excuses for

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Apr 25, 2015

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Not sure why they haven't tried to implement an eighteenth man yet, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to do. Maybe even limit subs to six or something at the same time to make the whole thing a bit more exciting, too.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Well this just got interesting :munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BobTheDestroyer
Dec 21, 2011
Gidley is just loving up

• Locked thread