Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Kyle MacLachlan replied to a tweet about Mr. Hyde yesterday:

@Seannsyy
Hoping we get to see a glimpse of this for the #AgentsofSHIELD season 2 finale with @ChloeBennet4 & @Kyle_MacLachlan

@Kyle_MacLachlan
not sure if that fingernail polish is really my color...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Skye and May together! Fitz and Simmons together! (With Ward!)

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
The band's getting back together for one last gig... :clint:

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!
I'd be fine if Cal doesn't actually "hulk-out," because it would probably look bad on their TV budget anyways.

I think it would be more terrifying if Cal is just this dorky looking dude who rages out with a twitchy eyeball and neck veins, throwing people around like they are nothing and shrugging off being hit - it seems like the kind of thing the actor can sell.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

imperialparadox posted:

I think it would be more terrifying if Cal is just this dorky looking dude who rages out with a twitchy eyeball and neck veins, throwing people around like they are nothing and shrugging off being hit - it seems like the kind of thing the actor can sell.

Yeah, spend the effects on launching the people he hits into walls or something. We already have Deathlok running around overpowering hydraulic doors, so if Cal is shown having similar strength (but more speed), it'll be just fine to show why everyone that seemed to know him made sure to never let him touch them when he was angry.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Getting an actor as good as MacLachlan, then slathering him with make-up/cgi seems like a real waste, especially for a tv show with an already pretty substantial expenditure on special effects.

It's hard to keep track of all the things I've been accused of being wrong about, you'll have to be a lot more specific, I'm afraid.

I would imagine he would be talking about the post you replied to with this statement which all 3 posts are right next to each other?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Dan Didio posted:

Getting an actor as good as MacLachlan, then slathering him with make-up/cgi seems like a real waste, especially for a tv show with an already pretty substantial expenditure on special effects.

Only if it covers up his face. If, for instance, they just gave him Hulk Hands and let him run with it, that'd work great.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Funhilde posted:

As far as we know the only person from Agents of Shield that any of the Avengers know is Coulson and he is "dead".

Black Widow is in May's list of contacts on her phone!

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

XboxPants posted:

Only if it covers up his face. If, for instance, they just gave him Hulk Hands and let him run with it, that'd work great.

Have him steal Hulk Hands from Toys R Us

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Have him steal Hulk Hands from Toys R Us

I've wanted to see someone playing with Hulk Hands on the show for awhile, like just have them sitting in Fitz's lab area or something. I have no idea why, it would just amuse me greatly if they were In Universe.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

I love how Simmons looks like she's about to smack Ward in the back of the head with some discy thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

I love the episode promo posters and wish more shows would do them instead of just character shots or stills.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Cal L.

Heh.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ambivalent posted:

I've wanted to see someone playing with Hulk Hands on the show for awhile, like just have them sitting in Fitz's lab area or something. I have no idea why, it would just amuse me greatly if they were In Universe.

I know how they can be used!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

As someone who had to google "Mr Hyde", I hope none of that hulking out poo poo happens because it sounds dumb. I prefer him just being a really hosed up regular-crazy dude.

These are always great

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 24, 2015

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Glad you have this, I love the Reservoir Dogs shot

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

I was expecting Lincoln to straight-up lightning hands some motherfuckers Emperor Palpatine style, but I'm actually kind of pleased that his power only works at short range. Realistically, you'd need a huge amount of energy to overcome the electrical resistance of air, and that amount would grow exponentially with distance. Actually throwing lightning at people would be flashy, crazy loud, and profoundly wasteful from a raw energy standpoint. It makes more physical sense that he'd be a human tazer (his short range electro-laser is still kind of wasteful, but come on, he has to look kind of cool). Now I kind of want him to use his powers in other smart-but-unexpected ways, like electrocuting someone by grabbing onto the same metal railing as them.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Oh my God I just heard the A-Team theme in my head and why the gently caress isn't it Tuesday yet

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

I literally just want name drops in the movies. I don't care about actual physical cameos. But god dammit don't act like the show doesn't exist. You can mention May, Ward or FitzSimmons even if you don't wanna talk about Coulson. It's a really stupid thing.

It would come across exactly like product placement.

Iron Man: Wow, I sure am squeaky today!
Thor: Try this! <throws a can to Iron Man>
Iron Man: MMMmmmm! Coca Cola sure is refreshing!
Captain America: Coke is it!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Doctor Butts posted:

They already mention random names of mooks or contacts or whatever throughout the movies. Instead of having it be a nobody that the audience never heard of before, have it be a somebody that 99% of the audience never heard of before. The people who don't know who they are wouldn't even notice a difference. Like in Winter Soldier, I'm sure they mentioned the names of a ton of Hydra soldiers throughout the movie. One of them could have just been Ward or Bakshi and it wouldn't have made a difference for anyone except the people who got the reference. Or like if the SHIELD agent playing Galaga in Avengers was played by Iain De Caestecker, that wouldn't have harmed the movie.

Basically, you do it as an easter egg, the same way they do other references.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 24, 2015

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doctor Butts posted:

I think Iron Man would drink the coke but it would not be the only thing in the glass.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Seriously, could this be the thread title, somehow?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

OB_Juan posted:

Seriously, could this be the thread title, somehow?

The TV IV > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - "Doop dee doo - BAM BAM! Hey, how you doin'?"

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax
Psycho Ward is the best behind Cal and if they rehabilitate him in any way I'm gonna be mad.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

I love the episode promo posters and wish more shows would do them instead of just character shots or stills.

The last couple of seasons of Doctor Who have done movie style posters too.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I'm going to be really bummed out when Cal is inevitably killed off at the end of this series, it's been nice seeing him genuinely happy in the last few episodes. :unsmith:

Keshik
Oct 27, 2000

The Sharmat posted:

Psycho Ward is the best behind Cal and if they rehabilitate him in any way I'm gonna be mad.

I like psycho Ward a lot myself, but I am very very hopeful that if he gets anywhere close to Simmons she will straight up execute him, double-tap on the ground.

She looked him right in the eyes and swore to kill him if she ever saw him again. I want that to have been serious and not just a line.

I really want her to do exactly that, instantly, no hesitation, no one having time to get in her way like with Fitz, or him to just never get near her at all.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Keshik posted:

I like psycho Ward a lot myself, but I am very very hopeful that if he gets anywhere close to Simmons she will straight up execute him, double-tap on the ground.

She looked him right in the eyes and swore to kill him if she ever saw him again. I want that to have been serious and not just a line.

I really want her to do exactly that, instantly, no hesitation, no one having time to get in her way like with Fitz, or him to just never get near her at all.

Well, yes. But let him drop down a cliff or something so that he can return as a villain later.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Tarquinn posted:

Well, yes. But let him drop down a cliff or something so that he can return as a villain later.

Eject him out of the plane in a heavy box in the middle of the ocean, you mean?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Next time they meet: "Let's just call it even! :shepface:"

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

Hell Gem

Wolpertinger posted:

Eject him out of the plane in a heavy box in the middle of the ocean, you mean?

Perfect.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

InspectorCarbonara posted:

I'm going to be really bummed out when Cal is inevitably killed off at the end of this series,

Its a shame the show feels the need to kill off every character with even a hint of charisma and likeability. See also: Bill Paxton.

When you have a guy who like Kyle MacLachlan who steals every scene he's in, why wouldn't you do everything in your power to keep him around for as long as possible?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Irish Joe posted:

Its a shame the show feels the need to kill off every character with even a hint of charisma and likeability. See also: Bill Paxton.

When you have a guy who like Kyle MacLachlan who steals every scene he's in, why wouldn't you do everything in your power to keep him around for as long as possible?

Arrow's 3rd season has been pretty good proof that too much of a good thing is possible even with fun actors. What with Malcolm Merlyn literally hanging out on the family couch and all.

That being said, Muad'Dad has yet to reach that level of absurdity.

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Zebulon posted:

Arrow's 3rd season has been pretty good proof that too much of a good thing is possible even with fun actors. What with Malcolm Merlyn literally hanging out on the family couch and all.

That being said, Muad'Dad has yet to reach that level of absurdity.

I wouldn't mind Muad'Dad hanging around on the SHIELD couch.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

hiddenriverninja posted:

This was one of the many reasons why BTAS was so much better than The New Adventures of Batman And Robin

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

achillesforever6 posted:

This was one of the many reasons why BTAS was so much better than The New Adventures of Batman And Robin

Those BTAS title cards were so awesome.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Well here you are a) assuming they are going to kill him off and b) assingning a trend of them "killing off characters with a hint of charisma" to a sample of one. What other characters have they killed off that fit your criteria of charisma and likeability.

Also if you contrive to keep a good bad guy around they outstay their welcome and become bad ( see Merlyn in Arrow)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Mr Beens posted:

What other characters have they killed off that fit your criteria of charisma and likeability.

My point is that they were the only two characters on the show with any charisma.

• Locked thread