Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fine, have a story about DT Danny Shelton: http://grantland.com/features/danny-shelton-washington-nfl-draft/

quote:

May 1, 2011, was a Sunday. Shelton and his family hadn’t been out of church long when his older brother Shennon, who went by Skeevie, got a call from their oldest brother Tui’s girlfriend. In a nearby apartment complex, a fight had escalated throughout the day.1 An argument between two 13-year-olds had intensified to include their families and others. Tui, then 23, had been recording the scuffles with his phone when he’d been pulled into the fray and punched in the back of the head before fending off three men. Tui’s face was cut and bloodied, and he’d called his girlfriend, urging her to tell his brothers to meet him nearby. Soon, five men — Skeevie, Danny, their youngest brother Kevin, a cousin, and another friend — approached the apartment of Olenthis Woods, the older brother of one of the 13-year-old boys. Woods was one of the men who’d jumped Tui.

Danny moved to the left side of the house. Through a window, he could see Woods carrying a gun as he walked toward the front door. He called out to his brothers, who didn’t budge. The first shot hit Tui in the chest. A second shot hit Shennon in the head, behind the ear. By then, Shelton was in front of the house, with a chair in his right hand. Woods raised the gun but didn’t fire. It was jammed. After throwing the chair, Shelton was able to wrestle the gun from Woods before pulling him to the ground. Gun in hand, Shelton hit Woods in the face repeatedly as Woods’s sister and mother yanked at Shelton’s hair and pepper-sprayed his face. He says he let up only when his right biceps seized, allowing Woods to shake free.

“My whole body was covered with blood,” Shelton says. “The guy’s blood and my brother’s blood, because we carried him to the curb. I went home, washed all the blood and pepper spray from my eyes, and went to the hospital.” Paramedics said Shennon had died before reaching the hospital. The bullet lodged in Tui’s chest was too deep to remove, but after surgery he would eventually recover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
So let me get this straight...

All this because a couple of 13 year olds were arguing?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Is anyone else having trouble following who did what in that paragraph

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Good thing they didn't call the cops, they would've all been killed.

Maybe the NFL should have its own police on standby for players.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

effectual posted:

Good thing they didn't call the cops, they would've all been killed.

Maybe the NFL should have its own police on standby for players.

players who aren't even in college yet?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is anyone else having trouble following who did what in that paragraph

not since i learned how to read

it was about 10 minutes ago

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'm sitting at the library waiting for class and reading a scientific journal called Poultry Science. Funny title but it's pretty boring. Would not recommend.
There's also Plant Physiology which at first I thought was Plant Philosophy and now I'm disappointed.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

blue squares posted:

I'm sitting at the library waiting for class and reading a scientific journal called Poultry Science. Funny title but it's pretty boring. Would not recommend.
There's also Plant Physiology which at first I thought was Plant Philosophy and now I'm disappointed.

bad news, you got the something awful tab confused with the email to mom tab

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

football fuckerman posted:

bad news, you got the something awful tab confused with the email to mom tab

If i had a nickle for everytime I accidentally told my mom how hard I want to be cucked

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If i had a nickle for everytime I accidentally told my mom how hard I want to be cucked

I'm writing Tebow/Mel cuck fanfic right now

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

SA2K posted:

I'm writing Tebow/Mel cuck fanfic right now

I am writing the Ross/Los Angeles sequel

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I am writing the Ross/Los Angeles sequel

:drat:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Well played

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
In case you were wondering what Charlie Batch is up to these days, he's involved in a production of Peter Pan. Here is a pic he posted on Facebook before going on stage:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

A Man and his dog posted:

Pretty sure Justin Blackmon is done...

I always wonder about him. Has he finally matured and cleaned up his act?

Supposedly he's been in rehab, or at least he was in the fall. Whether or not it sticks (or if he even gets a chance) remains to be seen.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I guess that it was confirmed that Dion Jordan isn't doing voluntary workouts this year.

What a mess.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

football fuckerman posted:

quoting from one of my favorite Les Savy Fav songs, nice my dude

let's see if we can get this thread back on track with: Michael Crabtree
Oakland is not the place to prove anything probably Michael

I hope Michael Crabtree and Trent Richardson tear up the league both ironically and unironically

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ehud posted:

I guess that it was confirmed that Dion Jordan isn't doing voluntary workouts this year.

What a mess.

Why not? Injury? Trade rumors? General dissatisfaction? :confused:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Burger Trench posted:

Cuts into his Uber time

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Burger Trench posted:

Who knows. All I know is that we traded up to draft a guy third overall who has been used out of position, has a drug problem that got him suspended last year, and who is now not even attending voluntary workouts even though he isn't even starting...

Dr. Poz
Sep 8, 2003

Dr. Poz just diagnosed you with a serious case of being a pussy. Now get back out there and hit them till you can't remember your kid's name.

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Supposedly he's been in rehab, or at least he was in the fall. Whether or not it sticks (or if he even gets a chance) remains to be seen.

It seems like he's stuck to the rehab program, but recent pictures of him that have surfaced show he's not in football shape. Closer to circular shape. I hold out some small amount of hope, based on absolutely nothing, that there is a chance but if I'm being real there is none.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

blue squares posted:

What's the librarians name?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Blitz7x posted:

I hope Michael Crabtree and Trent Richardson tear up the league both ironically and unironically

Richardson will, but Cooper will keep Crabtree from getting any targets

Roll drat raiders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harsh truths coming from the Milwaukee Bucks game:

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Is Slater the nerdiest player in the NFL? I imagine Gronk running up to him and knocking the playbook out of his hands, then running off and giving Belichick a high five.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It's Brennan Williams and it's not even close.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Mr. Kelly's Wild Ride will never end.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/4/24/8490323/2015-nfl-draft-rumors-marcus-mariota-trade-eagles-titans-browns-chargers-pick-after

BGN posted:

When the 2015 NFL Draft starts on the evening of Thursday, April 30, it might not take very long until Marcus Mariota is off the board. There's a lot of speculation that he could go as soon as No. 2 to the Tennessee Titans. There's even more speculation that a team, including the Philadelphia Eagles, could trade up to No. 2 to select Mariota.

But even if a trade doesn't happen and the Titans end up taking him, it's possible he might never play a down for them. NFL Insider Jason La Canfora is now suggesting that a Mariota trade could take place "days or week after" this year's NFL Draft is finalized.

Here's what La Canfora specifically had to say about the possibility of Mariota to the Eagles.

"I could easily foresee a scenario where Kelly flops Bradford in a three-way deal with the Browns, with Cleveland getting the former first-overall pick and the Eagles flipping the first round pick they get for him, plus a future top pick in say 2016 to grab Mariota. Kelly made a huge impression on Haslam, the Browns' owner, when he interviewed for their job a few years back. He knows he could do business with them if need be and he knows the Browns will trade one of their number one picks for Bradford assuming it's not part of a package to get Mariota.

Sure, all of this may be a little outside the box. It's not the norm. But people have to understand that with this new collective bargaining agreement, and with these draft picks such a cheap, fixed cost now, the business has changed. In the past you may have had to pay a premium when trading up for a quarterback in terms of what you had to pay him, and the element of "signability" mattered. No longer. Doesn't matter who his agent is, or that you got him via trade or that he's going to throw a football for a living rather than block or run. The second overall pick is going to cost you just the same financially, and that only helps keep trade options alive.

There are more wheeler-dealers in the game now, and more trades in general than we've seen before, and more involving big names. We see more trades inside the top 10 than we used to and we've seen more youngsters dealt only a few years after being selected high in the draft.

The old draft value chart was long ago thrown out the window. Used to be it was impossible for teams to move up too much. Then we had the Julio Jones trade. The D.J. Hayden and Dion Jordan draft-day deals showed us, again, that every trade scenario is unique and can't be viewed through the old wide prism of the value chart. These picks can't bury your cash and cap like they used to, and in a draft like this, with maybe 16 players worthy of a legit first-round grade, and so much beauty in the eye of the beholder and scheme-specific, this draft has the potential for all kinds of transactions.

Adding iconoclasts like Kelly to the league – wildly aggressive and unconcerned with convention – has only increased the potential for things not usually seen, and this being a copycat league and all, well, he seems to have stirred other teams to be more creative or proactive as well."

Now, as La Canfora even notes, this would hardly be a conventional trade situation. NFL teams don't typically draft players only to trade them away shortly afterwards. That's more of an NBA-type thing. But if there was ever a time for an unconventional trade to be made, it wouldn't be surprising to see Chip Kelly involved in it. Especially when it involves his former star signal caller who he has gushed over multiple times.

So even if the Eagles don't walk away with Mariota on draft night, the trade rumors might not be stopping any time soon.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jason La Canfora says a lot of things...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kalli posted:

But they still live in Wisconsin

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
""I could easily foresee a scenario where..." means I am talking out of my rear end. He's "fantasy booking" Mariota to the Eagles, if you will.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Mariota is going to go to the Titans and everyone will be sooooo surprised.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

But they still live in Wisconsin

just like Aaron Rodgers :smug:

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
The last three way trade involved a Blockbuster deal sending Ernie Sims to the Eagles, so I could easily forsee a scenario

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Chichevache posted:

I dropped 50 pounds in 9 months and now I'm 160 pounds of beta. Put me out of my misery.

6 feet and <140 pounds :smug: i'm a super model

Kalli posted:

The perfect facial expression, positively Cutlerrific.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jerome Agricola posted:

6 feet and <140 pounds :smug: i'm a super model

The perfect facial expression, positively Cutlerrific.

Yeah, and dude holding the sign looks all Cutlery too.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Mariota is going to go to the Titans and everyone will be sooooo surprised.

And he will suck, because of Whisenhunt, and everyone will be soooo surprised.

Actually, a lot of those Cardinal QBs really did suck, so maybe he'll actually develop someone okay for once.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Rotoworld has it being Bradford for #19 and then #19 and #20 AND Mychal Kendricks AND Fletcher Cox for #2 so lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-greg-hardy-argument-davon-coleman-042415

quote:

Dallas Cowboys defensive end Greg Hardy was involved in a verbal altercation with backup defensive lineman Davon Coleman at the team's facility on Friday and had to be separated by teammates, sources have told FOX Sports.

The dispute between Hardy and Coleman arose from Hardy's questioning Coleman's effort during conditioning drills, a source said. Hardy is working out with his new teammates after signing with the team earlier this month. He was suspended 10 games for a violation of the league's personal conduct policy following charges of domestic abuse last year, though he's permitted to take part in the team's offseason program.

Coleman's agent, Michael Loeffler, confirmed there was a confrontation between Hardy and his client, though Loeffler said it was only a verbal argument and not a physical fight. Sources said teammates got in between the two players before the argument could escalate.

Hardy signed a one-year deal worth a base value of $11,311,600, though there's no guaranteed money in the deal. Hardy also has $9.25 million tied up in per-game roster bonuses — $578,125 for each game active.

what a guy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
You have to be quite the rear end in a top hat to rip on your teammate when you're the new guy to the team and going to miss over half the season (on your one year deal!) for beating up a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Roll Tide
Cowboys need to get Adrian Peterson and then bait him and Greg Hardy into killing each other

• Locked thread