Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

GlyphGryph posted:

I get the feeling not many people have realized that hotdog=burnhound, somehow.

ohhhhhhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GlyphGryph posted:

God drat it.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

GlyphGryph posted:

I didn't, for one.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

Somehow I noticed hot=fire, but not dog=hound. Hmmmmmmm

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I got that hotdog=burnhound but "hotdog froth" is a wonderful turn of phrase, plus I love threatening to kill a god instead of the person like you normally would

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Just noticed Ed put a little something extra behind his throw.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I thought the hotdog thing was some kind of weird burninsult based on his last name being Burger. I don't know.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Hotdog.

Burnhound

WHY DID I NOT SEE THIS BEFORE.

Also : I've gone back and re-read the comic like five times now and I keep picking up on details that I missed the first time through.

Like how the spider that picks up max has a zipper AND all the footy-pajama-suits have similar zippers so is the spider one of the consortium members? The spirit of a consortium member? Max's mom? WHO KNOWS?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

sirtommygunn posted:

I thought the hotdog thing was some kind of weird burninsult based on his last name being Burger. I don't know.
Oh good it wasn't just me.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

khy posted:

Like how the spider that picks up max has a zipper AND all the footy-pajama-suits have similar zippers so is the spider one of the consortium members? The spirit of a consortium member? Max's mom? WHO KNOWS?

My theory? It was Boss Leader - that she's a medium and has been transformed to extreme lengths. She can have spidery tendencies.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

MikeJF posted:

My theory? It was Boss Leader - that she's a medium and has been transformed to extreme lengths. She can have spidery tendencies.

BOSS LEADER IS FEMALE.

RJ LOOKS VAGUELY FEMALE.

BOSS LEADER IS RJ!

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012

khy posted:

Also : I've gone back and re-read the comic like five times now and I keep picking up on details that I missed the first time through.

I don't know if this a legitimate re-read 'aha!' moment or just tinhatting, but on the page where Max is focusing on his finger for the spec-shot it looks like you can see an itty bitty Agent Day lookalike (who is possibly also the babysitting girl on this page) in the background of the last panel, where Max is picking his nose. Fuel for the 'Max recognised Agent Day' theory fire?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I thought that one was pretty solid? Especially with that panel too, there's no way it's not her.

Zack is many things but a creator of visually similar easily confused character designs he is not.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Well I, for one, am glad the mind control spirit is just as excited as me about the new Star Wars.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

There are so many super anime children in this school, it's starting to get worrying.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
Cody's going to get his heart broken.
(Death to Nightmare Knit)

I like Zack Morrison a lot.

kurona_bright fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 24, 2015

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Okay, yeah, it's really obvious why Cody got picked second by Isabel. Heck, if it weren't for nepotism he'd probably have been first pick for either side. He rocks.

Also that levitating normal kid is really cool.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Roland Jones posted:

Okay, yeah, it's really obvious why Cody got picked second by Isabel. Heck, if it weren't for nepotism he'd probably have been first pick for either side. He rocks.

Also that levitating normal kid is really cool.

I thought that he took out Ollie until I got a good look at the page just now.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I thought that he took out Ollie until I got a good look at the page just now.

Nope. He vanquished Nate Murnite, but Ollie, R.J., and Johnny are all still in this it seems.

Edit: I'm half-expecting the Burnhounds to get torn down to the three of them and a few others, then those three to just go all-out and start eliminating people one after the other. Then again they also seem like the sort to just gently caress around and enjoy hitting people with balls rather than trying to win, and their opposition does consist of, among others, Cody, a levitating normal kid, and an invincible ball golem.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Apr 24, 2015

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
"I have to go carry the team"

That ball is still in the air. It's going to get caught.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

This is what's happening here.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

I really hope Cody isn't the one the spirit ends up hurting. :ohdear:

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

GlyphGryph posted:

...oh my god.

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Cody owns, that is all

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This school is reaching critical anime

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I legit don't get how so many people missed the hotdog-burnhound reference, it was beyond obvious. :shrug:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Charlz Guybon posted:

I legit don't get how so many people missed the hotdog-burnhound reference, it was beyond obvious. :shrug:

It would've helped me if she wasn't saying it to the guy with the last name Burger.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I love that even spirits know what Star Wars is.

Tollemache
Oct 10, 2012

Normal Kid's streetwise charms are irresistibly hip and fresh, dag.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I wish I was as attractive as that normal kid.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I swear Cody has to be like the sixth webcomic character to come out as gay this week.

*GASP!*

What if ALL the webcomic characters turn gay? WHAT HAPPENS THEN!?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

readingatwork posted:

I swear Cody has to be like the sixth webcomic character to come out as gay this week.

*GASP!*

When everyone's gay... no one will be.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

It would've helped me if she wasn't saying it to the guy with the last name Burger.

What do hotdogs and burgers have to do with each other? Like they go well with ketchup but otherwise I'm pretty sure you wouldn't confuse a burger with a hotdog.

readingatwork posted:

gay singularity

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

I, for one, support our new gay webcomic overlords.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Tollemache posted:

Normal Kid's streetwise charms are irresistibly hip and fresh, dag.

One day we'll reach a point when gay characters in fiction are just accepted and not pointed at and cooed over like unicorns, but not today.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

gay singularity
Hussie and Morrison are doing it

theyre making THIS HAPPEN

Fecha posted:

Well I, for one, am glad the mind control spirit is just as excited as me about the new Star Wars.

I thought the spirit left Jeff back on page 26 for the creepy teacher? Looking at that page again, I guess not?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What do hotdogs and burgers have to do with each other?

How many BBQs have you been to?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
We should start taking bets.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Well, they're all early teens in middle school, that's about the time people start to discover these things about themselves. And since there's a woman with actual cupid powers in town with a tendency to blind-fire I guess the potential for self-discovery's gone through the roof.

Speaking of Agent Day, would her cane's power work on non-Spectrals, or is it limited to other supernatural beings? I think tool powers actually affect the real world, like Max's magnet powers pulling pots and pans, but Ed could also apparently make his ink only visible to Spectrals on the Activity Club's sign and certain Spectral powers and beings like most ghosts and the spec-shot don't affect regular people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SatansBestBuddy posted:

What do hotdogs and burgers have to do with each other? Like they go well with ketchup but otherwise I'm pretty sure you wouldn't confuse a burger with a hotdog.

Well, they're both foods so I just lumped it as her making food threats at Edward Burger. Because his last name is Burger, y'see.