Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Why wouldn't the game come out in NA this year?

If it were one of those silent-treatment maybe-we'll-localize-it-maybe-we-won't situations like the first game or FE:A, then sure, a gap would be expected, but that's not the case here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Supercar Gautier posted:

Why wouldn't the game come out in NA this year?

If it were one of those silent-treatment maybe-we'll-localize-it-maybe-we-won't situations like the first game or FE:A, then sure, a gap would be expected, but that's not the case here.

they've said outright a few times that it is. it's just that the ETA they gave was towards the end of the year and there's a direct happening tomorrow, which is weird

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Last two years I would laugh at everyone who said "It's definitely coming out in 2014, Nintendo said it was a 2014 game." That said, it's definitely coming out in 2015, Nintendo said it was a 2015 game.

I think I've come to stomach all of the character design except that horrible bug eyed, black haired girl. Ugh.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

I think I've come to stomach all of the character design except that horrible bug eyed, black haired girl. Ugh.

Her name is Lyn and she is much into robots and cooler than you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm honestly expecting a September release or maybe December, but with the direct coming up now i'm hopeful for an actual summer release.

quote:

Although you won’t have access to certain things if you don’t progress the story to some extent, you can explore the entirety of Mira right from the start.
The previous game(Xenoblade) set story objectives and gave you freedom to explore before arriving at them, but in this game there’s a much higher degree of freedom, like the developers were saying ‘you can do whatever you want, just do some story quests occasionally.’
Now I really hope it comes out in the summer. My girlfriend loves the monster designs and the locations, if it comes out while I'm visiting her we can just explore the world together :allears:

quote:

Rock faces and lakes are usually impassable boundaries in games, but if you try hard enough you can continue past them in this game. You can jump up some rocky platforms to scale cliffs, or stealthily swim[by sea] around tough enemies guarding the entrances to continents, which make finding paths through the world very fun.
The direct path isn’t the only path. If you try going down a path that made you think “maybe I can get there from here,” you’ll find that you will in fact be able to. This kind of accommodating map design is just what you’d expect from Nintendo and Monolith Soft.
This sounds like crazy fun. Trying to stealthily get into a place you're not supposed to be in yet by hoping a giant monster doesnt notice and one-shot you in a second as you sneak by.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Apr 23, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So this game completely went batshit. Zanza-shulk for smash.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

The further I get in this game the more awesome it looks. I just got to the bionis back with the big tree and holy gently caress it looks amazing.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

queeb posted:

The further I get in this game the more awesome it looks. I just got to the bionis back with the big tree and holy gently caress it looks amazing.

Still not the prettiest body part

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Still not the prettiest body part

Nothing can top the atmosphere of late night swamp rear end.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Louisgod posted:

I believe some of those collectibles unlock either as blue orbs you can collect around Colony 6 once you expand it, or as something you can trade for when your affinity reaches a certain level (4 stars, 5 stars?) for people in Colony 6.
From two pages back, but I just wanted to emphasize: unless I'm mistaken, the only item that you need for Colony 6 that you can be 100% locked out off is the Fortune Feather. The others you can get either from trading or by upgrading Colony 6, but the Fortune Feather can be lost forever.

I think it is possible to trade for it, but the only NPC that has it, I believe, is also possible to be locked out of.

That said, it would be best to get all of the stuff you need from the same area that the Fortune Feather drops from, because all those items take either extremely high affinities to get, or require Colony 6 to be almost entirely upgraded before they will appear there.

Lewisia Silver is also extremely hard to get, so save yourself the trouble and make sure you have the ones you need.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://youtu.be/YSgf283mmd4

Stream in ~30 minutes.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Any second now

hope this narration voice isn't from the game

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Apr 24, 2015

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The character doesn't have a great face

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

And its started. :homebrew:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

She couldn't sound less interested if she tried. Put some emotion into this, lady, this is humanity's greatest trial!

And Dolls are called... Skells. Huh.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Oh god that's even worse than dolls

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Skells!?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I really like the Nav Ball and Hopper Cam. That is so much better than being distracted by a mini map on your screen.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They're not dolls, they're skells

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=skell

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

All of the different landscapes are really cool.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
They're still playing the Japanese version, so I guess localisation is still in early stages.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Astro Nut posted:

They're still playing the Japanese version, so I guess localisation is still in early stages.

I wish the Wii U wasn't region locked, cause the Japanese version does not look that hard to figure out.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They've only came up with the skell name so far.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

It's short for exoskeleton, but then why not just call them, I dunno, Exos, Exotons. Hey, that way Xenoblade Chronicles X makes sense, Xotons. Or just Skeletons.

vvv Yeah that's a good one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Xells

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Terper posted:

It's short for exoskeleton, but then why not just call them, I dunno, Exos, Exotons. Hey, that way Xenoblade Chronicles X makes sense, Xotons. Or just Skeletons.

What a bizarre thing to get so hung up on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Terper posted:

Gotta be different because anime.

Actually i'm sure there is more to it then that and we just don't understand the name yet.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I need this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

I need this game.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is this game suppose to have online co-op since I noticed in the upper corner has "X Offline".

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

There's nothing else new here to get hung up on, so. v:shobon:v

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rirse posted:

Is this game suppose to have online co-op since I noticed in the upper corner has "X Offline".

Yes! There is online co-op. That is the most exciting part of Xenoblade X.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Rirse posted:

yeah there's a semi-online system and then there's quests that let you do actual 4p online coop

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Positive thoughts: I like that, if you make a female avatar, the whole starting crew is all girl power.

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
What's even the point of this presentation? It's not in English, it's not any more in depth than what they showed at E3, and the combat is about as dull as watch as any other MMO.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"If you played Xenoblade Chronicles you will recognize his feces"

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The nopon isn't an actual party member :( They better have a nopon party member at some point. We need another heropon!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Francis posted:

What's even the point of this presentation? It's not in English, it's not any more in depth than what they showed at E3, and the combat is about as dull as watch as any other MMO.

Hey why would they show off a game coming out soon? Yeah Good question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Y'know, something I'm gradually appreciating here is that you have some of the massive, high level monsters just casually hanging out in the background. Like you can look at it, realise you can't fight it just yet, but you know its there to fight at some point and work towards.

• Locked thread