Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Jesticle I love the pics, thank you!

I got another card but I don;t know who it is from, so I apologize for not saying your name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jesticle
Sep 30, 2002
I'm glad you guys got the cards on St. Pat's Day. Glad you like the pics too! It was fun to do!

Opera Bitch
Sep 28, 2004

Let me lull you to sleep with my sweet song!

Thanks Jesticle and Julet Esqu for the cards, pics, and bracelet, they made this St. Patrick's Day extra special!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.

Julet Esqu posted:

Jesticle, thank you for the card. I enjoyed the pics. :)

JimmydaFish, I'm glad to hear you got my card. I was playing kind of fast and loose with the postage and I was pretty sure I was going to end up getting a stack of cards back in a few weeks.

I also sent out a second batch of cards... uh... yesterday. So a little later than I'd planned. I'm with you guys in spirit, though!

Pinch insurance! I can't even. My coworkers were amused that I was wearing it a day late.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I am really terrible about thanking people for cool stuff they send me. Big thanks to Julet Esqu, Jesticle (cool photos!), Brotato, embitca, and lamb for the valentines and St. Pat's cards!

And yeah, I drew the art for the valentine card I sent out. That was supposed to be last year's high-effort card but of course I put it off too late to send them out. So it's this year's card instead!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Julet Esqu and 13Pandora13, I got your goonmail!!! Sorry it's taken me so long to post acknowledgement.

I shall be preparing return letters to people coming up. If I have forgotten to thank you, please call me out so I can smack myself on your behalf!

<3

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
To all the goons who have sent me post in the past couple of months, Thank you! Lots of nice things. Things have been hectic around here. Not bad, just really, really busy, with loads of projects, mostly having to do with the rollout of the Next Generation Science Standards and other school-related stuff.

I'm trying to get back into making postcards to send out to you all. I also have a few premade one that I think are clever. Hopefully you will see something from me in the not-too-distant future.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

Ceramic Pig and Julet Esqu, thank you for your mail! I am going to get my act together and get some mail out soon.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

lamb posted:

Julet Esqu, thank you for your mail! I am going to get my act together and get some mail out soon.

I have to second this motion for myself!

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Hey I just want to update you all, please remove me from the list, I am going to be homeless for a few months starting towards the end of June.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I also got mail from Julet Esqu!

Senior Scarybagels posted:

Hey I just want to update you all, please remove me from the list, I am going to be homeless for a few months starting towards the end of June.

:( Stay safe dude. If this is a by-choice thing I hope you find what you're looking for and if it's a by force thing I hope things improve.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

13Pandora13 posted:

I also got mail from Julet Esqu!

:( Stay safe dude. If this is a by-choice thing I hope you find what you're looking for and if it's a by force thing I hope things improve.

It's a by choice thing, going on a bike ride until I find out what I am looking for.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

It's a by choice thing, going on a bike ride until I find out what I am looking for.

That sounds kind of awesome actually. I hope it works out for you. And please stay safe.

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

lamb posted:

That sounds kind of awesome actually. I hope it works out for you. And please stay safe.

It will be, meeting new people, meeting goons irl, finding myself, making a novel, blog and vlog about my adventure all sounds like fun.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

That sounds great. Have an amazing time!

I also got mail from Julet Esqu. My bedroom floor looks very festive now :)

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

It will be, meeting new people, meeting goons irl, finding myself, making a novel, blog and vlog about my adventure all sounds like fun.

If you cross Europe and come through Amsterdam, let me know. We will be moving house in a few weeks and I had surgery making me stay at home so I think it is time to pick up the postcard thing again. I hope I did not fall off the list yet.

New address per the first of June:

Brederode 9
1187DN Amstelveen
The Netherlands, Europe, Earth

As an aside, sorry to have been absent and I will sort through what I received and send all you guys something in return. From the top of my head: Genesplicer, Lamb, 13Pandora13, Julet Esqu but there will be more.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

If you end up in Tampa, Florida, hit me up--- I have a couch you can crash on! :-)

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

DLAO posted:

If you end up in Tampa, Florida, hit me up--- I have a couch you can crash on! :-)

Actually I probably will be. I'll hit you up whenever I get anywhere close.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I got a very nice card from Julet Escu! In regards to the ink, I was considering getting some J.Herbin for a project I'm planning. Are they worth it? Is it a better ink? I've never tried it, and heard it is good stuff.

Thanks again for the card!

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Thanks for the card, Juliet Esqu. My floor is so happy looking. XD

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

I'm glad to hear that everyone is getting their cards and that peoples' homes are now looking a little more festive. :D

genesplicer posted:

I got a very nice card from Julet Escu! In regards to the ink, I was considering getting some J.Herbin for a project I'm planning. Are they worth it? Is it a better ink? I've never tried it, and heard it is good stuff.

Thanks again for the card!

I tried two J Herbin inks for these cards. One was Bleu Ocean, which is all fancy and has sparkles, and the other was Gris Nuage. Both inks were well behaved and attractive.

I was a little disappointed with the Bleu Ocean because even though there were sparkles (which also made special guest appearances in the next couple of colors I used with that pen), it wasn't as glittery as I'd hoped. It's actually quite subtle unless you get the light just right. You have to shake the pen periodically too, which can lead to some splatter if you're not careful. :) I've heard that with the other colors in that series the glitter effect is stronger, so maybe try one of those if that's what you're after. Otherwise it's a very nice navy blue.

I liked the other one, Gris Nuage. It's a very light grey. In fact, it was so light that initally I thought residual water from cleaning the pen might be diluting the ink. It wasn't; the color really is that light.

The main things I learned from my ink sample experiment is that I've liked every Diamine ink I've tried (which is great, since they tend to be on the less expensive side) and that Noodler's Ink smells funny. :)

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013
Thanks to everyone who has sent me a card recently. You'll be getting something back from me soon, I promise!

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
Thanks for the card, Julet Escu! Sorry it took so long to give a shout out.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
I've started slowly sending out letters this past week. Husband lost his job and just started a new one, so money has been tight, so I'm trickling some stuff people's way.

BTW, random life occurrence, but I will be singing the National Anthem for the Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics (who is that???) on Sunday.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

I've started slowly sending out letters this past week. Husband lost his job and just started a new one, so money has been tight, so I'm trickling some stuff people's way.

BTW, random life occurrence, but I will be singing the National Anthem for the Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics (who is that???) on Sunday.

OMFG that's super cool.

(edit)

The national anthem at a ballgame Memorial Day weekend thing, not hubby losing his job.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
I'll be working on a few new rubber stamps that will be appearing on postcards in the near future. Not sure of the exact images, as I have several dozen to choose from...

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
I'm finally free from school! Everyone get ready for some random summer cards!

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Hi goonmail! I participated in something a lot like this years ago - in fact I once started a "let's contact each other" thread where people posted AIM names and phone numbers for texting that was very popular. I can't seem to find anything like that going now.

I like Auburn University football, quirks of local history (I'm posting in another thread about a "local" serial killer from my old hometown of Columbus, Georgia) and state / national parks. I'll likely bombard people with postcards to start and actually write letters to anyone who expresses interest in that! I am:

Nicholas Cottrell
113 5th JPV St.
Winter Haven, FL 33880

brotato
May 14, 2013
Hey guys, just wanted to pop in and say thanks! I'm in the middle of a move and while packing I found the box where I keep all the goonmail I received. Went thru it and it cheered me up a lot (also I'm covered in glitter and confetti so I'm pretty festive looking.)

Hopefully in a few months I'll have found some stability and I'll be able to return the favor.

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
Lamb I got your postcards from New Orleans. We almost went to NOLA for my husband's birthday, but switched at the last minute because we realized there would not be much for me to eat there (I do NOT eat seafood and have a shellfish allergy). I'm sorry to hear that NOLA wasn't that great. :-( But I am glad that you enjoyed other places and had a good time! :-) I wanna go back. :-( You should go during Halloween! The weather was perfect and everything was so festive!

Stuffins THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HOUSEWARMING PACKAGE! I ADORE that wooden picture that says "Stressed is just desserts spelled backwards", as well as the welcome sign, the notepads! I LOVE IT ALL!!! Thank you, that you! My husband was surprised to see me get a package (he's just as curious as a cat when stuff comes in the mail) and at first I thought it was a necklace I had ordered online and thought "Geez, that's a HUGE package for just a little necklace." Then I picked it up and thought, WOW, that is HEAVY! NO WAY it's a necklace! Then I saw who it was from and got all excited. I think he loves the mail stuff just as much as I do, because he's always hovering over me when I open stuff! This was such a PLEASANT surprise! Thank you!!!

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Hi Mail Thread!

I miss you all, but I fear there's been some post office issue. I recently had my cable and electricity turned off because I wasn't getting the bills. Hrmph. Luckily, that part is straightened out more or less, but I still don't seem to be getting my mail.

I responded to everyone whose mail I received, but I'm not sure what's getting out/in. Anyway, just a heads up, fab mail thread.

Stuffins
Nov 2, 2013

DLAO posted:

Lamb I got your postcards from New Orleans. We almost went to NOLA for my husband's birthday, but switched at the last minute because we realized there would not be much for me to eat there (I do NOT eat seafood and have a shellfish allergy). I'm sorry to hear that NOLA wasn't that great. :-( But I am glad that you enjoyed other places and had a good time! :-) I wanna go back. :-( You should go during Halloween! The weather was perfect and everything was so festive!

Stuffins THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HOUSEWARMING PACKAGE! I ADORE that wooden picture that says "Stressed is just desserts spelled backwards", as well as the welcome sign, the notepads! I LOVE IT ALL!!! Thank you, that you! My husband was surprised to see me get a package (he's just as curious as a cat when stuff comes in the mail) and at first I thought it was a necklace I had ordered online and thought "Geez, that's a HUGE package for just a little necklace." Then I picked it up and thought, WOW, that is HEAVY! NO WAY it's a necklace! Then I saw who it was from and got all excited. I think he loves the mail stuff just as much as I do, because he's always hovering over me when I open stuff! This was such a PLEASANT surprise! Thank you!!!

DLAO....You are so welcome! I'm glad it got there okay and that you like everything. That's understandable that your hubby gets interested in your packages/letters. Getting stuff in the mail is always fun! I'm happy I could send a little excitement your way!! Have a great day

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
LAMB!!!! Thanks for the NOLA postcard. I must agree about the hurricanes. Too many can do a number on you. But oh, so tasty!

I've been working on a bunch of new stamps to make postcards, so expect some cool mail in the not-too-distant future!

(Is the mail list current?)

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

genesplicer posted:

LAMB!!!! Thanks for the NOLA postcard. I must agree about the hurricanes. Too many can do a number on you. But oh, so tasty!

I've been working on a bunch of new stamps to make postcards, so expect some cool mail in the not-too-distant future!

(Is the mail list current?)

I really couldn't believe how much rum was in those things. I couldn't even taste it.

I believe that the list is up to date, yes!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004
13Pandora13- I loved the postcard! How did you know that I ADORE sakura blossoms! The fact that the card doubles as stickers is such an added plus! THANK YOU!

I need to send out some goonmail soon! I've been really busy (with a horrid night shift), but it's over now and things can go back to normal... Expect stuff to start flowing in the upcoming weeks...

dino.
Mar 28, 2010

Yip Yip, bitch.
Hey all. My address has changed:

170 Academy St
Apt B13
Jersey City, NJ 07306

How odd is it that I change my address on here before I do the post office? XD

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Ooh, my thanks to lamb too for the NOLA postcard. It made my little heart hurt, I miss the city so much!

In other news, I'm moving too! I know I'm pretty useless at sending mail out, and that won't change (saving money for a Europe trip), but I love getting goonmail, so if anyone feels inspired, I'll now be at:

The Schwa (or Hannah)
3 Beverley Grove
Paparangi
Wellington 6037
New Zealand

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam
13Pandora13! Thanks for the Georgia Mountain Wildlife card! I had no idea that the Georgia mountains were so... Sparkly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

DLAO posted:

13Pandora13- I loved the postcard! How did you know that I ADORE sakura blossoms! The fact that the card doubles as stickers is such an added plus! THANK YOU!

I need to send out some goonmail soon! I've been really busy (with a horrid night shift), but it's over now and things can go back to normal... Expect stuff to start flowing in the upcoming weeks...

!!! I will send you some pictures I took during the last festival in my next letter.

genesplicer posted:

13Pandora13! Thanks for the Georgia Mountain Wildlife card! I had no idea that the Georgia mountains were so... Sparkly.

Until recently, neither did I! :iamafag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I got Goonmail from Pit Goddess today, w00t!