Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I've got an email that I might end up with that collector's edition, but only if shitload of people before me don't confirm.. Why can't CDP Red just order more overpriced statues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pau
Jun 7, 2004

Riso posted:

And Catalonians are insulted as Poles by proper Spaniards! (polaco de mierda)

Indeed we are! I've got this one preordered on ps4, please be good :dance:

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Manatee Cannon posted:

Plus there's the whole Ciri thing.

Yeah Geralt basically does anything just to get to Ciri in the books.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
I'm sort of surprised we posted this, but, hey, we did, and it's awesome, so I'll link it.

Comte de Saint-Germain fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 24, 2015

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I broke tables, why doesn't it do the auto thumbnail??? what is this i am not good with computers

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Use [ timg ] [/ timg ] for auto-thumbnailing images

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I broke tables, why doesn't it do the auto thumbnail??? what is this i am not good with computers

TIMG, not IMG.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
thx yall

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Somebody made a video showing where Geralt is on a map compared to gameplay video from Gamespot.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFfTSs2309k

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

I'm sort of surprised we posted this, but, hey, we did, and it's awesome, so I'll link it.

Kind of wish I hadn't see this :( I hope there are other cool areas you get to go to.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

You got your Witcher in my Starship Troopers!

Akul
Aug 29, 2012

Being a desert, it looks like the Korath desert. However, as the game area is quite far away from that and the pic having two celestial bodies, I think of the Wild Hunt elves' homeworld, which could be just a desert at this point and this is why the Hunt is searching for Ciri, to save their people from a doomed world. The wispy looking things on the sky also remind me of how the comet in W2 (probably the Hunt again) looked.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Haha, I didn't know there was shampoo in the Witcher Universe

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Akul posted:

Being a desert, it looks like the Korath desert. However, as the game area is quite far away from that and the pic having two celestial bodies, I think of the Wild Hunt elves' homeworld, which could be just a desert at this point and this is why the Hunt is searching for Ciri, to save their people from a doomed world. The wispy looking things on the sky also remind me of how the comet in W2 (probably the Hunt again) looked.

Can't be [BIG SPOILER] no unicorns :v:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Your basic Endrega warrior isn't too smart, but you can hack off a limb, and it's still 86 percent combat effective. Here's a tip: Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

OAquinas posted:

Your basic Endrega warrior isn't too smart, but you can hack off a limb, and it's still 86 percent combat effective. Here's a tip: Aim for the nerve stem, and put it down for good.

Would you like to know more?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Yaos posted:

Somebody made a video showing where Geralt is on a map compared to gameplay video from Gamespot.

God drat

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

dud root posted:

Its open world, so I'd be very surprised if it didnt. Otherwise walking around it would just seem like Woodcutter simulator or interactive 3dmark

I heard somewhere that there either wasn't or it was very slow. I really hope this isn't the case.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Yaos posted:

:drat:

The next few weeks are really going to drag. :smith:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm playing witcher 2 for the first time and out of nowhere a really lovely 3d map popped up and a guy that sounds like an announcer for access hollywood is telling me that he knows the witcher and is acting like a cheeky narrator. wtf is going on with art/tone of this game?

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm playing witcher 2 for the first time and out of nowhere a really lovely 3d map popped up and a guy that sounds like an announcer for access hollywood is telling me that he knows the witcher and is acting like a cheeky narrator. wtf is going on with art/tone of this game?

I guess you're supposed to recognize that voice as Dandelion, but if you haven't played the first game you wouldn't. You'll meet him soon enough. And yes, he is cheeky.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

You'll meet him soon enough. He's a cool guy

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Dandelion is the best. Full stop.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

GrossMurpel posted:

You'll meet him soon enough. He's a cool the coolest guy

fixed

Beeez
May 28, 2012
So, as someone who is new to this series, what's up with "talk" flashing above so many generic NPCs heads in the footage I've seen for 3? If they've got 2000 secondary characters I don't know how they could possibly all have dialogue. I haven't played every open world game out there but it boggles my mind thinking about it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You can talk to anyone but not all are a conversation. Most are just random shout outs.

Witcher 3: 200 hours. How many of Dandelion? Because if it's less than 50% you can kiss my loving re-pre-order goodbye.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Oh, that's actually kind of a relief, my crazy sense of completist-ness would've had a field day if every NPC had tons of unique dialogue.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dandelion seems to exist primarily to undermine the seriousness of things and it's great. Having him do the quest log was genius.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
"loving idiot actually went in!"

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

RandallODim posted:

Dandelion seems to exist primarily to undermine the seriousness of things and it's great. Having him do the quest log was genius.

That reminds me, you're REALLY doing yourself a disservice if you don't read the quest log in The Witcher 2 every time it updates. Even some of the more minor bits were fantastic.

Tony_Montana
Apr 1, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Being against Nilfgaard makes more sense from the books perspective. First there is slavery, second pretty much everybody who Geralt knows fought (and many died) at Brenna to defeat them in previous war so it seems kinda lovely to just go "meh, who cares I'll side with them anyway". Finally, when the north asked that the scoiatael who fought on Nilfgaard side be handed over, Nilfgaard said - np here you go, do with them as you will.

Also, the emperor was promising lands in the North to settlers in the previous war and one of the motivations for going against the North was to increase "their vital space". So there was some sort of mass murder or displacement planned.

The provinces where Ciri wandered seemed to be quite lovely and poor as well. The North still has the biggest city in the world and maybe the best uni (Oxenfurt). So in principle I will be pro-North .

What's up with that spoiler image? :raise:

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Witcher 2 has far and away the best quest log I've ever seen in an RPG.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Lycus posted:

Witcher 2 has far and away the best quest log I've ever seen in an RPG.

I'm REALLY looking forward to Witcher 3's log/diary. :allears:
I hope it's just as well written.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Can someone post the video of Roche jumping and rolling in act 2? That's my favorite part.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
The character entry on Etcheverry (the ballista guy) is great.

A Great Bard posted:

"Before he got entangled in the revolt against Foltest, Sir Etcheverry was known for his valor and tenacity as a knight, proving both in more than one tournament, either mounted or on foot. Yet valiance and tenacity meant nothing in the face of a ballista bolt, and thus the brave Etcheverry paid with his life for his ill-advised participation in the rebellion."

But the entry for Dandelion himself is the best thing.

A Humble, Modest Bard posted:

"It is always awkward to write about oneself, yet I cannot shirk this duty. In an effort to preempt any accusations of partiality, I shall set down the humblest of notes, relating only the best-known facts. Dandelion – in reality the viscount de Lettenhove, though titles are unimportant – is a certified troubadour, a lecturer at Oxenfurt University, a persona known among society as a charmer, poet, dandy and unparalleled lover. Almost everyone north of the Yaruga has heard of him, and those who have not are either boors or simpletons or both, as a result of which their opinions do not matter in the slightest. Dandelion played a significant part in the most important events of the era. He loved, fought, negotiated, and acquired immense knowledge, even that of the forbidden variety. His works are a testimony of the times, but it is his moving poetic tropes that have brought him true fame. The important thing in this story is that Dandelion was a friend to Geralt of Rivia – possibly his only true friend. He was Geralt's confidant, advisor and companion in misery (for it was impossible to experience good fortune in the witcher's company). What Geralt did, Dandelion faithfully recounted, and one should not give credence to those who accuse this humble chronicler of confabulating."

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Mr E posted:

Can someone post the video of Roche jumping and rolling in act 2? That's my favorite part.
How about this instead?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxrSlsfIpmQ

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
:eyepop:

That falling off a bridge to somersault to immediate punchout was amazing

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

"It's an ugly kingdom, a bug kingdom."

Seriously this game looks loving beautiful, and judging by GTAV's performance on my system I shall be playing this in glorious 800x600 with everything low/off.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I might the only person who hates Dandelion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

There are plenty of people in the world that are wrong, my friend

• Locked thread