Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Started playing this again. Feel free to add me: PSN is MangaCarta , and I'm looking for summons to help me cheese the dude on top of the castle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

what, logarius? how does friendly multiplayer work, same SL range as dark souls?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

what, logarius? how does friendly multiplayer work, same SL range as dark souls?

I think. There's a calculator on the wiki. I just wanna check out the new load times and get back into this in between Mario kart games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm SL 46, btw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This patch may have done something to fix match making because a week ago I sat in front of logarius for 10 to 15 minutes without ever getting a summon and my first try back I got 2 people in 30 seconds

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

This patch may have done something to fix match making because a week ago I sat in front of logarius for 10 to 15 minutes without ever getting a summon and my first try back I got 2 people in 30 seconds

yea across the board people are reporting improved multiplayer

my favorite part is that they added item descriptions to the load screen

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
can someone give me a small hint: beat the blood starved beast and now i have no idea where to go. i've tried all three paths from the cathedral ward, and they all seemed to dead-end without a way forward.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

can someone give me a small hint: beat the blood starved beast and now i have no idea where to go. i've tried all three paths from the cathedral ward, and they all seemed to dead-end without a way forward.

check the shop in the dream. the badges you get will unlock new items you can buy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

sector_corrector posted:

also far be it from me to tell you to die but if you see a spooky man with a big bag slung over his shoulder, interesting things happen if you challenge him and fail

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

also far be it from me to tell you to die but if you see a spooky man with a big bag slung over his shoulder, interesting things happen if you challenge him and fail

i already did that, but i didn't see a way to get back to the lamp i lit there (as a side note, figuring out an effective way to beat those guys was really satisfying)

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
also, i'm not sure if this is my imagination, but did they add a thing where enemies get critical saves? it seems like a lot of times i do enough damage to kill something, but they hang on with a sliver of life. that really throws me off, and usually results in me dying because i run past the thing, and it gets me from behind.

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i already did that, but i didn't see a way to get back to the lamp i lit there (as a side note, figuring out an effective way to beat those guys was really satisfying)

poke around at the other headstones next to the one youve been using

Dec 26, 2012

62 here, gain one level and i can help out

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

sector_corrector posted:

beating the blood starved beast opens the 3rd door in oedon chapel which can be used to bypass the gate that costs 10k echoes to open

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
coop chalice dungeons are fun as gently caress. i was playing with my friend for a couple hours today, it was great

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

apropos to nothing posted:

axe is really strong as the starter weapon its what I picked my first time through and the 2 hand form owns. I've run through several times though and I think my personal favorite is the saw cleaver cause its so quick and versatile

the strong attack on the axe is really insanely good. the fact it cleaves all around and hits twice is really useful

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this game is scary . im scared of horror but i love dark souls games so much

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
most of the npcs wont talk to me QQ... guess ill come back later.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

this game is scary . im scared of horror but i love dark souls games so much

i like it alot too. someone in games said it starts off as bram stoker and ends up lovecraft and that struck me as very accurate

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm really liking everything about the story and look so far. it gets gothic horror down pat, but also has its own twist on it.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
except gently caress those goddamn brainsuckers that sound like they are walking in puddles of vaseline up in upper cathedral ward

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
vicar amelia is insanely hard. is it just me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive killed blood starved beast, cleric beast, gascgoine, and the witches of hemwick. altho i havent went back since i got some twin bloodstone shards and got my weapon to +5

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

I.N.R.I posted:

I had a tough time with her, do u have fire paper

Dec 26, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

keep at it, youll probably have a breakthrough at some point and she will be easy

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
tfw your friends want to hang out on a friday but all you want to do is explore and fight monsters

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

she was my first real roadblock. You will persevere

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

62 here, gain one level and i can help out

I leveled up a few times last night so I will probably try later. Maybe I'll try that password system, "IMPZWN" maybe

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I died to vicar amelia more times than maybe any other boss fight in any souls game my first time through. second time through I got her in one try so you'll be fine

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I died to vicar amelia more times than maybe any other boss fight in any souls game my first time through. second time through I got her in one try so you'll be fine

I had no problem with her my second playthrough but logarius on my second playthrough is going to give me a stroke because of how many times I've failed it at this point

Dec 26, 2012

I leveled up a few times last night so I will probably try later. Maybe I'll try that password system, "IMPZWN" maybe

password's set, let me know whenever youre ready and ill hop on over

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it turned out to be ez with a +5 weapon :-) i wasnt doing much dmg before

Dec 26, 2012

that yahargul gank squad is bad news

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

password's set, let me know whenever youre ready and ill hop on over

Cool I'm going on now

Dec 26, 2012

ringin'

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

I had no problem with her my second playthrough but logarius on my second playthrough is going to give me a stroke because of how many times I've failed it at this point

logarius is a hard boss, I've never struggled with him like that but its one of the few fights where I feel like I can die at any moment

Dec 26, 2012

what a fucker

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

01011001 posted:

what a fucker

how's the lag? It seemed like you were jumping a bit around. and yeah he's a real rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

holy poo poo I was out of blood vials at the end there. absolutely epic fight, tyvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

yeah he kept teleporting a bunch in spots. but we managed

anytime