Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I somehow blew $10 on stickers.

Link? Gonna need those Larry David and Amity Island ones.

Edit: LOTS of Larry David ones, to cover up the heads on as many posters, signs, etc... as I can find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Bought myself some belated birthday presents! Books. Pray the Gay Away: The Extraordinary Lives of Bible Belt Gays, The Handmaid's Tale, American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America, and Sex Criminals Vol. 1: One Weird Trick.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

dovetaile posted:

Sex Criminals Vol. 1: One Weird Trick.

I don't know about the rest of the things you listed, but this is great.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

ibntumart posted:

A better comparison might be with a Dutch oven rather than a slow cooker (including the ability to put the vessel in the oven if called for, though not the lid). Cooking time would be less (maybe a couple of hours as opposed to four or more with a slow cooker).

If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with a cast iron Dutch oven. I've gotten a lot of use out of mine. I just really want a proper tagine again and felt like a mild splurge.

To be honest I don't even have room for a dutch oven so I'll have to skip both. Ill just keep making stews/soups in my saucier like a scrub.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Coffee And Pie posted:

I somehow blew $10 on stickers.

I had one of these around 1980. Wore it until it fell apart. :smith:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

I went and saw Avengers

How?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Came out in 2012 if anything he's overdue

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

ZeusCannon posted:

To be honest I don't even have room for a dutch oven so I'll have to skip both. Ill just keep making stews/soups in my saucier like a scrub.

Sure you do! You can safely store a Dutch oven in your oven. That's what I do most of the time.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

DrBouvenstein posted:

Link? Gonna need those Larry David and Amity Island ones.

Edit: LOTS of Larry David ones, to cover up the heads on as many posters, signs, etc... as I can find.

Redbubble, just search for Seinfeld stickers.

strangemusic posted:

I don't know about the rest of the things you listed, but this is great.

It's really good, I keep meaning to pick up part 2.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

Tickets to Osheaga 2015! I went last year and had a blast. I know some people aren't happy about the lack of 'big names' but there are a ton of acts here I can't wait to see.

Also a few new short-sleeve shirts for the summer.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
I got a new phone. Samsung Galaxy S5. I got it to replace my old Galaxy Nexus. It was time. Also a new bowtie.

Plus I got a new set of air conditioner hoses for my truck. And some Freon or whatever the new stuff is called.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians

bowser posted:

Tickets to Osheaga 2015! I went last year and had a blast. I know some people aren't happy about the lack of 'big names' but there are a ton of acts here I can't wait to see.

You should really, really try to go see Patrick Watson's set. Dude puts on an incredibly good live show.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I didn't actually buy this as I don't drink but when i saw this I immediately thought of this thread.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Trastion posted:

I didn't actually buy this as I don't drink but when i saw this I immediately thought of this thread.

I've gotten wrecked off the Edmund Fitzgerald before. It's pretty good, if a bit on the bitter side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's already out in Europe.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
I got a bunch of these:

A whole lot of these:

A couple sheets of these:

Along with some solder, resistors, and a few other things.

To make this:

http://i.imgur.com/efUTDp2.jpg?1

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

I got a bunch of these:

A whole lot of these:

A couple sheets of these:

Along with some solder, resistors, and a few other things.

To make this:

http://i.imgur.com/efUTDp2.jpg?1

why

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

I'm assuming some sort of custom rig for an FPS, or some sort of MOBA game?

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

ibntumart posted:

Sure you do! You can safely store a Dutch oven in your oven. That's what I do most of the time.

Even if you are using the oven for something else? (like if it sits on the bottom rack is there any reason i couldnt bake fish on the top without removing it?) And if so are the $40 enameled ones any good or do you need to drop 200 on a Le Creusut (or however it is spelled)

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face
Superlux Headphones, reviews werent lying, these things are amazing

Cybernetic Tactical Whistle, because why the gently caress not

Thanks Massdrop

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Felt like it. Also good to learn new things.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

Felt like it. Also good to learn new things.

i was just wondering what this could do that a normal keyboard or gamepad type thing couldnt

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

tomstuart posted:

i was just wondering what this could do that a normal keyboard or gamepad type thing couldnt

I'm building it specifically for CSGO purposes, aside from learning how to make electronics and code firmware for them.

I think the only really "custom" thing is I adjusted is where shift and ctrl are so that I can more easily crouch and walk in game. I have a hosed up pinky finger that can't really reach the ctrl button on a regular keyboard quickly.

I full admit that it would have been faster, easier, and cheaper to just buy a game pad/mechanical keyboard. But I wanted to make one because I like making things.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Astrobastard posted:

Cybernetic Tactical Whistle, because why the gently caress not

Thanks Massdrop

Is this the male version of a rape whistle? Or does it call polar bears instead of dogs?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wedemeyer posted:

Is this the male version of a rape whistle? Or does it call polar bears instead of dogs?

If it can call a polar bear to my side in Pittsburgh I will pay any price for one of these.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

ZeusCannon posted:

Even if you are using the oven for something else? (like if it sits on the bottom rack is there any reason i couldnt bake fish on the top without removing it?) And if so are the $40 enameled ones any good or do you need to drop 200 on a Le Creusut (or however it is spelled)

I always remove it, but you know, I'm not really sure how it could possibly hurt anything (other than maybe messing with the oven's heat distribution, I guess?).

My Dutch oven is a Lodge enameled cast iron I got on sale at Amazon. I have no complaints.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

I'm building it specifically for CSGO purposes, aside from learning how to make electronics and code firmware for them.

I think the only really "custom" thing is I adjusted is where shift and ctrl are so that I can more easily crouch and walk in game. I have a hosed up pinky finger that can't really reach the ctrl button on a regular keyboard quickly.

I full admit that it would have been faster, easier, and cheaper to just buy a game pad/mechanical keyboard. But I wanted to make one because I like making things.

fair enough seems a good enough reason to me

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Checked my bank account, and much to my surprise, I had enough money to cover my car note and get a ticket to this :vince:

It'll be my 3rd time seeing Deftones, 2nd time seeing DFA1979 and 1st time seeing Incubus. I'm pretty excited!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I think I recognise about four of these names. Am I out of the loop, or is this an event for artists that have sold under 10 albums?

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

ZeusCannon posted:

You sure can

I have a lodge enameled and it's awesome.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

kannonfodder posted:

I think I recognise about four of these names. Am I out of the loop, or is this an event for artists that have sold under 10 albums?

It's you.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that poster is like an eye chart of hip. Just read each line from the top until you don't recognize the bands anymore.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
So based on a bet my friend and I made I got this jersey

and if I wear it to a San Jose Sharks game he'll buy me nachos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah that poster is like an eye chart of hip. Just read each line from the top until you don't recognize the bands anymore.

I got down to Skylar Spence second line from the bottom. :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_7UrqzNUg

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

88h88 posted:

I got down to Skylar Spence second line from the bottom. :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw_7UrqzNUg

Huh, did Saint Pepsi change names?

I love this song though, and that is a pretty great lineup.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

kannonfodder posted:

I don't listen to music at all and I recognize at least like 15 of them.

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

kannonfodder posted:

Nope, you're old or pretentious about being a shut-in. Choose your own adventure.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

David Copperfield posted:

Nope, you're old or pretentious about being a shut-in. Choose your own adventure.

I'm both!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Proper count 11 of the artists are familiar. In my defense, I don't give a poo poo about modern rock/indie/whatever you want to call it.

Not trying to be a goon about not knowing what popular things are. I was genuinely curious if it was a line up of obscure artists, or it had been that long since I've listened to that kind of music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

That osheaga lineup is tits and I'm jealous i won't be able to go