Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

AnonSpore posted:

Is that Azir ult going backwards thing the same bug as when Kassadin E would go backwards if you did it really fast after a riftwalk?

No, that's fixed and he was just playing greedy and trying to make picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Flameingblack posted:

Kalista isn't really known as Bang's signature champion but he still plays it, and they should have known by now that Faker is going to play LB almost every single time he has the chance. Their team comp just didn't look good at all against how much mobility SKT had, not that there's anyway to have seen what SKT was playing but you really have to just assume if you give them the chance to play their broken champs they will.

They had a disastrous, disastrous fight in bot lane where they they tried to turn an 0 for 1 into a 1 for 1 and ended up giving up like 2 kills to Bengi super early and 2 to Bang's Kalista. That had way more to do with it than drafts, and what they drafted honestly matched up well against what SKT picked. When poo poo like that happens in a pro 2v2 botlane its functionally impossible to recover from.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
So I guess I need to watch the second half of Game 4 and this Game 5 huh

Disinterested posted:

Kalista only has one counter (ish) and that champion is poo poo in the meta: Vayne.

No, the actual Kali counter is Lucian. He's got a range advantage on approach thanks to The Culling and frontends enough damage that she can't get off a monster Rend fast enough. Vayne is never the answer to anything ever, except 'how do I lose a do or die game'.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Holy poo poo, the purple smite can one shot all of Zac's bloblets at once? Didn't realise that.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Transient People posted:

So I guess I need to watch the second half of Game 4 and this Game 5 huh

No, the actual Kali counter is Lucian. He's got a range advantage on approach thanks to The Culling and frontends enough damage that she can't get off a monster Rend fast enough. Vayne is never the answer to anything ever, except 'how do I lose a do or die game'.

No, vayne is a pretty good answer to kalista bro

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

NTT posted:

No, vayne is a pretty good answer to kalista bro

No, I get that Vayne's a good answer to Kalista, she's just not a good answer to the rest of the team. You can't pick an ADC that will get absolutely relentlessly dismantled by the enemy team's concerted effort to crush them in competitive. Vayne's a giant 'PLEASE CAMP ME' sign.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
It's pretty easy, All you do is pick vayne into kalista, feed your rear end off, and watch bjergson go 12-0 in the first 20 minutes and win the game for you. Power picks, the NTT way.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Perhaps there's more than one champion that is good against Kalista.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy poo poo I've only gotten through one game but this CJ-SKT series is really intense so far. These teams are so good!

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK

TheModernAmerican posted:

Perhaps there's more than one champion that is good against Kalista.

Not true, League of Legends is one of those Rock Paper Scissors variants with way too many options except each champion counters and is countered by exactly one other champion, and every other matchup is a 50/50 random draw to determine which player is the "lucker noob" and which is the "feeder noob".

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Wol posted:

Not true, League of Legends is one of those Rock Paper Scissors variants with way too many options except each champion counters and is countered by exactly one other champion, and every other matchup is a 50/50 random draw to determine which player is the "lucker noob" and which is the "feeder noob".

lucker dog

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I know the 1080 streams are expensive but they're so pretty.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Bangkok Titans looked at Fnatic's tank Lee Sin top lane and decided "Yeah, that's a good idea".

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

did moss and lloyd fail to swap?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

GreyPowerVan posted:

did moss and lloyd fail to swap?

No, they apparently meant to role swap here. The staff asked them and the team confirmed this is what they wanted...

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Killed By Death posted:

No, they apparently meant to role swap here. The staff asked them and the team confirmed this is what they wanted...

what

lol

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I dunno :shrug:

I also don't understand why BKT counter-swapped for the 2v2. Tristana sucks in a 2v2 lane normally anyway, and with their bot lane roleswapping I don't see how BKT can hope to win that lane.

E: A bit of research about Moss suggests he's an ADC main normally (he's a sub for BKT, their normal support couldn't make it) but even so...

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Saint interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkAB2nBi1E

"I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon."

But instead you became the butt of smite jokes on internet forums. At least he got a sweet jacket out of it.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

rabidsquid posted:

Bang just played the best game of ADC I have ever seen

I just finished watching VODs of the Champions Semis. I agree with this. Because of the level of competition and the level of pressure with everything on the line, I think it easily tops the insane Lactea Draven game as pound-for-pound the hardest an AD has ever carried. It was just stunning. Faker was amazing too, no question, you expect Faker to be amazing every game and he was. But Bang's Lucian game just made my jaw literally drop to the floor.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!

Libertine posted:

I just finished watching VODs of the Champions Semis. I agree with this. Because of the level of competition and the level of pressure with everything on the line, I think it easily tops the insane Lactea Draven game as pound-for-pound the hardest an AD has ever carried. It was just stunning. Faker was amazing too, no question, you expect Faker to be amazing every game and he was. But Bang's Lucian game just made my jaw literally drop to the floor.

Same and same and same. Especially impressive how selfless Faker was in 3 and 4, but still came up huge. Also Bengi was a loving boss, huge presence all the time and was the catalyst for the game 5 snowball

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

the mvp of the SKT comeback was toilet. all hail toilet.

but for real as someone who has some aspiration to be an 'adc main' that bang performance was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick. Faker's LB is like I dunno the sports equivalent of being posterized by a good dunker, but that Bang Lucian game was the equivalent of Messi just shredding a defense to score singlehandedly, or a running back just stiff arming people out of the way en route to breaking a rushing record.

Allyn posted:

Same and same and same. Especially impressive how selfless Faker was in 3 and 4, but still came up huge. Also Bengi was a loving boss, huge presence all the time and was the catalyst for the game 5 snowball

I loved the switch in the last like 4 major fights by Faker to stop ulting Marin or Bengi and instead just ulting Bang every time.
Bang really grew into a top line ADC this season. He was always boring & reliable but he has some serious carry chops now.

Bang's Lucian: 77.8k dmg to champions :vince: Largest crit: 2175 :boom:
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/TRKR1/580109?gameHash=b817640f2c56dc89&tab=stats

edit:
Oops of course!
\/\/

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 24, 2015

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

You mean bang, right? Wolf's his support

Coco did 99.7k damage to champs that game :eyepop:

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
Coco did 100k as Zigg gat dam.

How the hell did Bang actually manage to SPEND 29k?

30 pink wards for SKT and 41 from CJ.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 24, 2015

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

No one cares what an AP midlaner with 4 AOE spells & 6 items does :colbert:

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/hai-the-retirement-interview/2300-6424574/

Gamespot interview with Hai about his retirement from Pro Play.

Also, I wish LCS would make Game 5 and tiebreakers into Blind Pick rather than Draft.

Calax fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Apr 24, 2015

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Savage Cracker posted:

Saint interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJkAB2nBi1E

"I wanted to be an orthopedic surgeon."

But instead you became the butt of smite jokes on internet forums. At least he got a sweet jacket out of it.

Except he makes a ton of money and can pretty much be on a middling LCS team for as long as he wants. Dude knows Gravity isn't winning Worlds, but he knows he's still a brand and will probably get hired by Riot or another company in the next few years.

Saint rules.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Rewatching the IWCI...compared to the SKT/CJ games, watching Bankok Titans Run a full tank cinderhunk Lee Sin top is an abrupt change, to say the least. They still even managed to almost win with it, somehow.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 25, 2015

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

Rewatching the IWCI...compared to the SKT/CJ games, watching Bankok Titans Run a full tank cinderhunk Lee Sin top is an abrupt change, to say the least. They still even managed to almost win with it, somehow.
iirc Huni did it 3 times for no reason in EU LCS. His mechanics were godly but the build was so bad and useless that they lost 2 games because of it.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Huni stole all the barons/dragons though. It was absolute garbage tier as a pick but that WAS pretty funny.

Man, halfway through this interview with Hai, it kind of IS like watching a funeral. I was hoping he'd perk up as it went along but man.

This is probably weird to say but it feels like a bummer to see him in a suit. Hopefully he can grow into it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

mistaya posted:

This is probably weird to say but it feels like a bummer to see him in a suit.

Shoulda been a closed casket

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Jerkface posted:

Shoulda been a closed casket

:drat:

Colonel Squish
Feb 18, 2012

I don't think this has been officially announced but I'm pretty sure you can hear Sneaky/Meteos in the background of Yusui's stream, and he changed his name from C9T Yusui to C9 Yusui.
http://www.twitch.tv/yusui
C9 v2.0 let's go.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Colonel Squish posted:

I don't think this has been officially announced but I'm pretty sure you can hear Sneaky/Meteos in the background of Yusui's stream, and he changed his name from C9T Yusui to C9 Yusui.
http://www.twitch.tv/yusui
C9 v2.0 let's go.

It'd be surprising if the tryouts were already over. Basically I'll take this with a grain of salt. Yusui is like a shittier NA incarnation, but that doesnt mean he is a bad player. If he indeed won the tryout I'll be interested to see a more mid & bot focused C9 next split. Hope they bounce back and come at TSM strong.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually sort of hope this is true because it might mean we would see CLG Incarnati0n and that would be the most awful thing ever and would be amazing

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Flameingblack posted:

iirc Huni did it 3 times for no reason in EU LCS. His mechanics were godly but the build was so bad and useless that they lost 2 games because of it.

The top laner for Bankok Titans is no Huni too.

Also BKT randomly switched their ADC to Support and vice versa for no apparent reason in the middle of the series

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

I actually sort of hope this is true because it might mean we would see CLG Incarnati0n and that would be the most awful thing ever and would be amazing

CLG would be the only thing that could possibly brake him and send him back to his old ways of cleaning and ddos, pls no

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

CLG would be the only thing that could possibly brake him and send him back to his old ways of cleaning and ddos, pls no

What happens when the ultimate noob killer is paired up with four lucker dogs? Find out this summer

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Even in game 3 Bang did amazing as sivir. During that midgame teamfight where she killed Hec and got Jinx killed, she was basically manmode fighting jinx with less than 30% hp and no fear. Pretty good, I know I would have caved in and died or ran.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
I think Yusui is decent but I can't realy imagine c9 ever being a true contender w him.. Incarnation has a way higher upside imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Just tuned into EU Promotion - who's this casting alongside Deficio? Pulse?

Edit: Good to know Takefun still loving sucks

Wol fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 25, 2015

• Locked thread