Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Armed Neutrality
May 8, 2006

BUY MORE CRABS
Machado might be waking up along with Polanco, leaving Danny Santana and Mike Feirs as my remaining early season disappointments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Machado is finally heating up, which is fantastic. Still very sad about Jason Kipnis.

I dropped Jimmy Rollins, he can go back to being productive again. It's safe to play him, fellow Rollins owners.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

Gio, or Porcello, maybe? I'd always rather carry the extra pitcher over the hitter, though.

I'm definitely leaning towards Porcello if I have to drop a pitcher. On the hitter side my bench is Butler, Segura, and A-Rod (or Zimmerman, given A-rod's early play)

So many outfielders :negative:. And before you ask, the keepers were insane value (Puig 18th, Soler 21st round) so it actually made sense. This lineup is getting me crushed this week, since of course the guy I'm playing is OPSing over 1.000!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

One of the guys ahead of me picked up Russell so now I get Correa or Buxton (unless one is called up and the other is available in the draft next year) :toot:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thinking of trading shane greene for cody allen. so...allen: bad luck, or just bad?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Abel Wingnut posted:

thinking of trading shane greene for cody allen. so...allen: bad luck, or just bad?

Shane Greene is one of my pet cats. He has amazing stuff, and looks like he is finally putting it all together this year.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm definitely leaning towards Porcello if I have to drop a pitcher. On the hitter side my bench is Butler, Segura, and A-Rod (or Zimmerman, given A-rod's early play)

So many outfielders :negative:. And before you ask, the keepers were insane value (Puig 18th, Soler 21st round) so it actually made sense. This lineup is getting me crushed this week, since of course the guy I'm playing is OPSing over 1.000!

Butler Sucks.

Edit: His OPS has been in a nose-dive since 2012, and even that performance was BABiP driven.

blarzgh fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Apr 24, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Abel Wingnut posted:

One of the hottest starters for one of the worst closers? If you can't get better than that you hold onto Greene until he dies on the mound. You should be get way better than that. Way way way better.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

blarzgh posted:

Butler Sucks.

Edit: His OPS has been in a nose-dive since 2012, and even that performance was BABiP driven.

He's got .396 BABIP and .992 OPS so far this season so I say ride the gravy train (gravy train is also a joke about how Butler drinks gravy out of water bottles because hes fat)

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Ride but don't expect it to continue also because of the nearly 60% grounder rate. Which is hilariously high. It is almost like he is hitting a grounder for s single or a HR.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
My personal opinion is that Big Fat .396 BABiP Country Breakfast Billy Butler is the Encyclopaedic definition of "Sell High."

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
What is the consensus on Kipnis? I was in the process of trying to trade Butler for Kipnis because my 2B is Utley or Gyorko right now...and that is even more dire than Kipnis.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ChiTownEddie posted:

What is the consensus on Kipnis? I was in the process of trying to trade Butler for Kipnis because my 2B is Utley or Gyorko right now...and that is even more dire than Kipnis.

Rotographs podcast talked about him a couple weeks ago, and they're pretty down on him. I've heard other places projecting a big year for him though. I personally think hes literally Replacement Level 2B with a teency bit of upside if he has another season where he keeps his strikeouts down and BABiP at league average. He'll get you 15 SB, and either 5 or 15 HRs but you don't know which!

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

blarzgh posted:

Rotographs podcast talked about him a couple weeks ago, and they're pretty down on him. I've heard other places projecting a big year for him though. I personally think hes literally Replacement Level 2B with a teency bit of upside if he has another season where he keeps his strikeouts down and BABiP at league average. He'll get you 15 SB, and either 5 or 15 HRs but you don't know which!

Yeah I would be hoping for 20SB. Also my league is OPS instead of AVG+HR, but with 090 ISO last year, I guess I shouldn't expect much SLG from him.

Dear 291 year old Chase Utley. Hit a baseball, please.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Utley has a .098 BABIP,, he's been hella unlucky.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
There have to be 2B waiver wire options out there with more upside.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

blarzgh posted:

There have to be 2B waiver wire options out there with more upside.

Sorted by most owned:
Valbuena
Gennett*
Baez
Panik
Hill
Solarte

...Meh.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Any thoughts on Hechavarria? He's been very solid lately

Would him or Herrera be a better flier at ss

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I like to use guys like Solarte as multiple position backups, and if they get hot they are fine but I always have an eye open to replace them.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

kensei posted:

I like to use guys like Solarte as multiple position backups, and if they get hot they are fine but I always have an eye open to replace them.

I'll probably drop Gyorko for Valbuena the next chance, gives me a bit of flexibility with his 2b/3b.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I just traded Calhoun and Seager for Zimmermann and Moss.

I am happy with the deal, but as always, I post the trade on here to gauge other opinions. I may be slightly overreacting, but my pitching has been a trainwreck so far. Obviously it's still early, but the only SP I have with a sub-5.00 ERA is Archer (the rest of my rotation is Bailey, Hutchison, Fiers, Shoemaker, and a spot starter spot that's occupied by Aaron Sanchez at the moment). I drafted Wheeler and Ryu, and while the former is out for the year, and the latter should be back some point in May. I also drafted Seager, even though I had already drafted Donaldson, because the price seemed right for Seager ($15). I asked for Moss, just because I like that he can play both 1B and OF, and the only player I have that can play 1B is Ortiz.

the_american_dream posted:

Any thoughts on Hechavarria? He's been very solid lately

Would him or Herrera be a better flier at ss

I just looked him up, and I am really surprised he has become worthy of a passing glance, because I didn't see much I liked about his bat when he played in Toronto. I'd pick him up if you don't have to drop any player of consequence, and just ride it out.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Keep in mind the guy getting Seager is starting Casey loving McGehee at third.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Twin Cinema posted:

I am happy with the deal, but as always, I post the trade on here to gauge other opinions. I may be slightly overreacting, but my pitching has been a trainwreck so far. Obviously it's still early, but the only SP I have with a sub-5.00 ERA is Archer (the rest of my rotation is Bailey, Hutchison, Fiers, Shoemaker, and a spot starter spot that's occupied by Aaron Sanchez at the moment). I drafted Wheeler and Ryu, and while the former is out for the year, and the latter should be back some point in May. I also drafted Seager, even though I had already drafted Donaldson, because the price seemed right for Seager ($15). I asked for Moss, just because I like that he can play both 1B and OF, and the only player I have that can play 1B is Ortiz.

I just looked him up, and I am really surprised he has become worthy of a passing glance, because I didn't see much I liked about his bat when he played in Toronto. I'd pick him up if you don't have to drop any player of consequence, and just ride it out.

Yea ive been playing him lately in DFS leagues and hes been a great value so was thinking about adding him in my actual league. Ramirez is kind of uninspiring :/

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ChiTownEddie posted:

I'll probably drop Gyorko for Valbuena the next chance, gives me a bit of flexibility with his 2b/3b.

I'm seconding Valbuena. He's getting to where he needs to be owned in all formats.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Twin Cinema posted:

I looked at the trade when the e-mail came through on my phone and just said "...yup." Good trade on both sides imo.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChiTownEddie posted:

He's a giant piece of poo poo why did I bet on him rebounding why (this is what I get for listening to Cleveland Indians fans at work).

I am actually starting Alex Guerrero over him. Guerrero isn't in the starting lineup, but I'd rather have Guerrero's pinch hit at-bat than Kipnis's 0-5.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Whoa whoa whoa Shane Greene you didn't have to do all your regression at once :stare:

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Shane Greene how could you :negative:

Jason Kipnis 2-for-3 how could you :negative:

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Rand alPaul posted:

Shane Greene how could you :negative:

Jason Kipnis 2-for-3 how could you :negative:

Hahaha. The timing was pretty hilarious.
Could this be the start of Moss' turnaround???!

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

ChiTownEddie posted:

Hahaha. The timing was pretty hilarious.
Could this be the start of Moss' turnaround???!

I've also benched Cargo and Andrew McCutchen. Get ready for the breakout.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
Oh. Hey, Brandon Moss.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Rand alPaul posted:

I've also benched Cargo and Andrew McCutchen. Get ready for the breakout.

I benched Braun earlier this week, you know, the game he hit like his only XBH of the year.

If Salazar is available in anyone's league he might be worth a look. He put up 10 K's in 6 innings(against the Twins), but he just put up 11 K's against the Tigers, 1 ER in 7 innings.

Also, Latos had a much better start tonight too.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Today I streamed Aaron Harang in Anno Domine 2015. Meanwhile, my opponent had Jake deGrom. Baseball is amazing.

(Now I have to decide if I want to actually keep Harang.)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Felix with a CGSO in 2:03 :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

kensei posted:

Felix with a CGSO in 2:03 :stare:

Let's give Hughes some credit for this too, he had a CG and the only runs he gave up were two dingers.

e: well, that was quite the day for my pitchers :stwoon:

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 25, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

IcePhoenix posted:

Let's give Hughes some credit for this too, he had a CG and the only runs he gave up were two dingers.

That is admirable considering how much atrocious pitching there was today. Could have easily started Greene and DeGrom.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rand alPaul posted:

That is admirable considering how much atrocious pitching there was today. Could have easily started Greene and DeGrom.

I did....... twice.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

IcePhoenix posted:

I had Kazmir, Leake, and Harang; they outscored my opponent's entire team by 10 points.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
Welcome to Dropsville, Shin-soo Choo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

opponent dropped pedro alvarez, is he worth taking a waiver out on for the future? also was offered mike moustakas for curtis granderson today for some reason so I'm thinkin accept that

• Locked thread