Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Lareine posted:

I might the only person who hates Dandelion.

I don't think you're considered a person if you have that opinion. Playing through with Iorveth right now, but I guess I'll have to download a Roche save since I can't find mine :(.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I've been enjoying rereading the quest log of TW2--it is very good. Also the soundtrack is pretty great (although I think I may like the first one more).

God, I want this loving game to come out now.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
Is there any save editor or something so I can check what choices I made in my primary save? I don't remember what I did in that very last choice.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
So anyone got any saves to share? I lost mine long ago. I would prefer a save with the Blue strips tattoo pleaseee.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I have a Roche and a Iorveth save, both with the tattoo
Roche:
- made Aryan surrender
- let Roche kill Henselt
- saved Triss
- let Letho go

Iorveth:
- killed Aryan
- killed Stennis
- saved Saskia
- killed Letho (but I do have a quicksave just before the final confrontation so you could choose to not kill him)

I just realized I hosed the North up completely in both saves :v:

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
You can also check the save game files section on the front page, though I'm unaware of any save game editor.

e: seems no one has put this ad here before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Bh7esrGkM

Section 31 fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Apr 25, 2015

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Section 31 posted:

You can also check the save game files section on the front page, though I'm unaware of any save game editor.

e: seems no one has put this ad here before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8Bh7esrGkM

I just checked, and the dude with the 16 saves said none of them have the tattoo.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GrossMurpel posted:

I just checked, and the dude with the 16 saves said none of them have the tattoo.

I bet he killed the trolls in all of them.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Didn't Comte say the game would have a decision picker?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Orv posted:

Didn't Comte say the game would have a decision picker?

Yep. You have a conversation with an unknown character about what happened in the previous games.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
"hey geralt, didn't you have a sick tattoo?"
"yes."
*tattoo magically retroactively appears on Geralt's neck*

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

You are required to remove the tatoo in order to meet the White Flame Dancing on the Barrows of his Enemies, otherwise a scaffold with Geralt name on it will be prepared by the Nilfgaardians (game over)

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Do the books every specify why exactly Nilfgard keep invading? I'm listening to the audiobook of blood of elves and they're not really saying why.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.
There is a descision picker, it's optional though and doesn't include all the possible options. Pretty sure the tattoo is not included in the picker since I've never seen it (but I've been told it is in the game, but only from a save).

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

There is a descision picker, it's optional though and doesn't include all the possible options. Pretty sure the tattoo is not included in the picker since I've never seen it (but I've been told it is in the game, but only from a save).

I assume it only has the major choices; Did you side with R or I, did you kill L or not? If you can say, does it include anything from Witcher 1, or just 2?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Posting to remind everybody that Roche owns.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pretty sure the tattoo is not included in the picker since I've never seen it (but I've been told it is in the game, but only from a save).

As someone who's moving from PC to consoles, I feel qualified to call that truly tragic.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

iGestalt posted:

I assume it only has the major choices; Did you side with R or I, did you kill L or not? If you can say, does it include anything from Witcher 1, or just 2?

I don't remember.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Comte, can you say anything about the UI and the save system? These were two worst things in W2 for me. Most of the text didn't scale with the resolution and it was tiny at 1080p, the inventory was just bad and there were no save slots so each time I ran the game I spent few minutes just deleting the old saves.

OatBoy
Nov 18, 2004

What can I say, it's my nature
I have a Iorveth path one that has the tat:
-spared Aryan
-Spared Stennis
-Saved Saskia
-Let Letho Live

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

OatBoy posted:

-spared Aryan
-Spared Stennis
-Saved Saskia
-Let Letho Live

This is the nicest run through I've heard of. I always kill Stennis. gently caress the nobility. :colbert:

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

Comte, can you say anything about the UI and the save system? These were two worst things in W2 for me. Most of the text didn't scale with the resolution and it was tiny at 1080p, the inventory was just bad and there were no save slots so each time I ran the game I spent few minutes just deleting the old saves.

I'm not him, but I found this:

Looks closer to Witcher 1 but with tabs'n poo poo. I like it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

OatBoy posted:

-spared Aryan
-Spared Stennis
-Saved Saskia
-Let Letho Live

This is my old save. It's actually saved before the Letho fight. My Dark Mode save is just threw Stennis to the peasants. He didn't make five steps before he got bludgeoned to death. It was glorious.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

iGestalt posted:

I'm not him, but I found this:

Looks closer to Witcher 1 but with tabs'n poo poo. I like it.

Yeah, this looks way better. Hope all the in-game text will be readable.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Terminally Bored posted:

Yeah, this looks way better. Hope all the in-game text will be readable.

I'm dumb - I think that is a really early one. I found this which looks way more up-to-date

Source: http://witcherhour.com/new-witcher-3-gameplay-from-pax-updated-game-ui-and-inventory/

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Apr 25, 2015

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Oh my, that looks fancy. So many more equipment options than expected.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
My saddlebags will be the fanciest saddlebags of all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just hope there's a way to avoid so much menu navigation to do common stuff like oil a weapon

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

i just hope there's a way to avoid so much menu navigation to do common stuff like oil a weapon

There is a button on there that says "Oil weapon" so I assume it'll be;

Open Menu > Select Oil > Select Weapon > Go

Skuzal
Oct 21, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Presumably you will be able to put oils on a quick item slot so if you only wanted to use 1-3 different types of oils it should be quick to use them.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Aw I never even thought to hit the poor guy. That's rude as hell. You're a monster, Archimago.

this.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
I never actually got around to killing Stennis. I was very tempted to but considering how hosed the north is from losing two monarchs, I decided that it might not be in its best interest to lose a third.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lareine posted:

I never actually got around to killing Stennis. I was very tempted to but considering how hosed the north is from losing two monarchs, I decided that it might not be in its best interest to lose a third.

The north is going to get rolled no matter how many kings are currently decomposing at the time of invasion, so I say stab everyone who pisses you off and let that world's dead God sort them out.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

iGestalt posted:

There is a button on there that says "Oil weapon" so I assume it'll be;

Open Menu > Select Oil > Select Weapon > Go

You actually don't need to even select a weapon, I'm pretty sure, since most of the oils are creature-type specific they only apply to the sword that works on that creature type. Necrophage oil, for example, only goes on your silver sword since the steel sword doesn't work on them. (Doesn't work well.)

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

You actually don't need to even select a weapon, I'm pretty sure, since most of the oils are creature-type specific they only apply to the sword that works on that creature type. Necrophage oil, for example, only goes on your silver sword since the steel sword doesn't work on them. (Doesn't work well.)

That's rad. Thanks for the info!

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Oxxidation posted:

The north is going to get rolled no matter how many kings are currently decomposing at the time of invasion, so I say stab everyone who pisses you off and let that world's dead God sort them out.

That's one way to think of things. My version of Elf-Lover Geralt doesn't share that view.

rear end in a top hat Geralt, however, does. Everybody is going to loving die and Anais is going to Redania!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This is the nicest run through I've heard of. I always kill Stennis. gently caress the nobility. :colbert:

I liked sparing Stennis, because I really liked the scene with Geralt sneaking into Henselt's tent to get a sample of his blood.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 25, 2015

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
I have fairly autistic/completionist playthroughs of both Iorveth and Roche's path. I believe only the Iorveth one has the tattoo. I can check if some Goons wanted to use my save files instead of that dude on the CDPR forums just for the tattoo.

Iorveth:
-Saved Aryan
-Saved Stennis
-Saskia still bound to dagger or whatever but not dead
-Saved Triss and went murdertown on all the Nilfgaardians
-Sile alive
-Letho alive
-Little sidequest in Epilogue to save Iorveth completed
-Tattoo not removed
-Trolls not murdered

Literally every sidequest/other thing done in a neutral/good/not-an-rear end in a top hat manner. It was a Dark playthrough and I think I have all the dark equipment, or maybe just the last set. I'd have to double check.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Archimago posted:

-Trolls not murdered

Most important part, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I better be able to choose to not murder the troll during the decision selection part of Witcher 3.

• Locked thread