Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Not seeing how "skell" as a short form of "exoskeleton" is all that bad.

I suppose its not as nice sounding as your more common "exo", but it's not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
I can't wait for the months of relentless negativity as the game is streamed and watched from afar since open-world exploration and MMO-style combat optimization are the only things it does well and are also insanely boring as a spectator.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
If you want to direct your concerns somewhere then please feel free to write a mail to nintendo@noa.nintendo.com.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Rabelais D posted:

The more they show of this, the less interesting it looks to me. You clip through a whole load of poo poo; some attack animations see you clip right through enemy models, some melee animations can trigger from ten feet away, you stab at the air and a number appears by the enemy to indicate you hit it. It's the least visceral combat I've seen in a single player, real-time RPG, and everything seems to have zero impact. Very few attacks even make an enemy stagger or react. I understand why MMOs do it - but this isn't massively multiplayer!

The fact the whole screen becomes super cluttered with numbers, giant QTE buttons, and all manner of other things in combat is off putting too. I know it's a JRPG, but when they said they wanted to be Japan's answer to Bethesda I did get my hopes up.

Will there be anything interesting to do in the game world apart from collect X amount of herbs and kill X amount of monsters? Only having one town is kind of a bummer, I guess it means everywhere else will essentially be featureless wilderness.

I think that your action combat concerns are worth considering at least for the time being. Things like weight and impact are hard to tell without actually playing but I understand your concern.

As for interesting things to do, I highly recommend that you wait and see. I know that is not a reassuring answer but I have played a fair number of rpgs where the activities did not sound interesting enough but ended up being extremely satisfying once I tried it myself. That plus we don't know everything yet.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Motto posted:

I guess, but like I said, it's Famitsu. Their idea of a 40/40 is FFXIII-2

This is from a bunch of pages back, but did they seriously give 13-2 a perfect score? :psyduck:

That game played itself so you didn't have to it was so bad.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Watched the video, I'm still excited for this. Slowly making my way through the 3DS game.

On a side note, I have a UK copy of the Wii version for sale. Anyone interested?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Suspicious Cook posted:

This is from a bunch of pages back, but did they seriously give 13-2 a perfect score? :psyduck:

Summarized in the first few paragraphs here.
http://www.1up.com/news/japan-review-check-final-fantasy_2

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Suspicious Cook posted:

They also gave Other M 35/40

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Dastardly posted:

They also gave Other M 35/40

They should be charged with crimes against humanity.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm playing Prime 3 now and the worst thing about it as that it keeps giving me Other-M flashbacks.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
People are still surprised about Famitsu giving bad games good scores? Famitsu has been handing out high scores like candy from a pinata for years now.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Davinci posted:

People are still surprised about Famitsu giving bad games good scores? Famitsu has been handing out high scores like candy from a pinata for years now.

Hey, no, gently caress you, you have to hit a piņata pretty hard and a lot of times to get its candy, it's hard poo poo, specially when it's a birthday party and you only get three swings before it's some other rear end in a top hat's turn. Getting candy from a piņata is much harder to do than getting a score of 38+ on Famitsu.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Xenoblade Chronicles X - It's better than getting candy from a pinata

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

That's me I'm that guy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just finished the story in xenoblade and it is a good game.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just finished the story in xenoblade and it is a good game.

It sure is! Now blow through New Game + with all your new equipment.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Suspicious Cook posted:

It sure is! Now blow through New Game + with all your new equipment.

Make sure to grind up the Fiora you left at level 11-whatever when you get her because what else are you going to do

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

every time i see edits of this comic it's always about something really loving stupid.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Inflammatory posted:

every time i see edits of this comic it's always about something really loving stupid.
Was the original about something really loving stupid?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZMXPK8M-g

Don't know who recorded it, but here's video exploring the jungle area.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Inverness posted:

Was the original about something really loving stupid?

http://www.hejibits.com/comics/outlook-oust/

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010
The Birth of BLADE

A Xenoblade Chronicles X short story by Takeda Yuuichirou

PART.5 - Many members of the White Whale's piloting crew were saved thanks to Testament's actions.

They joined NLA's populace and the city continued to develop. Around that time, the fourth and fifth units were organized: Avalanche, which aimed to exterminate powerful native life-forms known as Overed, and Arms, which developed weapons and equipment. Doug, who had previously worked with Nagi, was transferred to Avalanche in recognition of the experience he had gained battling numerous Overed.
The humans established an environment that allowed them to lead their lives on the alien planet, but there was a single problem, and it was getting more serious by the day: the energy supply. As the population increased and their activities diversified, it was clearly something that could not be ignored much longer.

"We're almost at our limit. Please do something, captain"
"You don't have to tell me, Mr. aide"
Maurice Chausson and Kentarou Nagi had repeated the same conversation countless times. A captain with no ship and a presidential aide with no president - even the way they addressed each other was awkward, but choosing new titles was a pain and so the old ones remained. It wasn't like Maurice and Nagi hated each other, but they could feel they were on different wavelengths and found themselves uncomfortable in each other's presence. Nevertheless, there was no-one else capable of leading NLA's civil government or military, so the two had to constantly, if reluctantly, meet face-to-face.
(That bastard Van Damme managed to get away...)
Nagi had assumed that he had managed to pass the responsibility of military affairs onto Van Damme, but the Chief had happily devoted himself to the affairs of Arms after its establishment. It was hardly surprising considering that he had originally been the chief engineer, but Nagi, crushed under a pile of paperwork, was not very amused.
Nonetheless, they were in no situation for him to concern himself with personal preferences; Nagi continued his meeting with Maurice and was eventually forced to confront the unavoidable issue.
"Tell it to me straight, how long do we have left?"
"About a week. After that, daily life will start to break down"
Of course, they could try to solve the energy shortage by restricting the supply, but both Maurice and Nagi preferred to avoid that. They had tragically lost Earth only two years ago, and now the crew of the White Whale were faced with the arduous task of constructing a new home on an unknown planet. They wanted to at least give the colonists the luxury of leading lives similar to the ones they had had on Earth. Ascetic life could quickly break the human spirit, and that was something they both feared above all else.
"I understand. We'll carry out the plan in five days"
"Ah, that's what I wanted to hear. It's all up to you, captain"

'The plan' was a plan to recover the White Whale's engine. An investigation had been carried out based on the eyewitness account of a girl named Lynlee Coo, and it had confirmed that the engine section had fallen on the same continent as NLA. The alien pursuit forces had inflicted severe damage on the White Whale's main engine, but even the auxiliary engine alone would provide enough energy for NLA's needs.
If they could get their hands on a DM engine - a high-efficiency, high-output reactor used in the White Whale's main and auxiliary engines - they could solve NLA's energy shortage in a single stroke. However, there were two problems preventing the immediate execution of the recovery plan.
First, the issue of transport. A DM engine was extremely small compared to nuclear fusion reactors and the like, but even so, it was the engine of a massive colony ship and there were plenty of difficulties with recovering and transporting it in Earth-like gravity.
Second, there were creatures preventing the plan from being carried out. The auxiliary engine had crash-landed on a shoal, and even though it had miraculously not sustained heavy damage, the area was a gathering ground for marine life-forms. They had to be exterminated before the retrieval operation could be carried out safely.
For those reasons, Nagi had formed the Arms union, seeking to hasten the preparation of machinery and Dolls needed for the recovery. It was a race against the clock as their dwindling energy reserves neared their limit.

And so, five days after the decision, a Testament squad led by Nagi himself departed from NLA. Irina and Doug, Lao, Guin - he had chosen the finest of the Doll pilots who made up the core of their military. Of course, Nagi piloted a Doll himself as well: a Formula.ZERO, which had the highest performance of all light frame Dolls - but even so, Nagi wasn't satisfied with it.
(We're going to need more powerful Dolls to survive on this planet - and quite a few of them. If we found the White Whale's research section, we could get our hands on the high-performance robots they were testing...)
Unfortunately, the execution of the plan could no longer be postponed and they had to do with what firepower they had. He was lucky that he had been able to pick elite troops for the mission.

"This is T001, we're arriving to the area of operations in just a moment"
Their Dolls made the journey on foot and arrived near their destination, three days' walking distance away from NLA. They stopped near some cliffs and launched a hopper camera; the images it transmitted were projected inside the cockpits of their Dolls.
"Good, it's still in one piece"
Like the advance scouts had reported, the White Whale's auxiliary engine was lying on its side in the shallows at the foot of the cliff. According to the remote status report, it had no broken components and was operating normally.
"0300 until mission start. When the countdown hits zero, everyone moves in at once"
Nagi ordered his subordinates to perform final checks and they all replied that they were ready. This time, they were facing neither fellow humans nor high-tech aliens, but primitive life-forms, so there was no danger of having their communications intercepted.
(Feels nice, not having to maintain radio silence...)
His subordinates agreed and spent their little remaining time chatting happily.
"If this plan succeeds, we won't need to watch our consumption anymore!"
"You've been watching your consumption? Guin, I thought you pig out on food all the time"
"What the heck!? Lieutenant, do you really think I could stay this slim if I did that!?"
"Slim's one way of putting it... You'd better put on some muscle, Guin. If something happens, there's no way you can protect Irina with those twigs you call arms"
Doug's quip was followed by loud coughing from Guin. Meanwhile, Lao didn't bother joining in the banter.
(I feel like he used to be much more cheerful before...)
Nagi stared at his monitor while thinking about the past, and finally the countdown ticked down to one. As it reached zero, he shouted:
"All right, commence operation!"

The five Dolls leapt down from atop the cliff. Noticing their presence, the aquatic creatures swarming around the auxiliary engine all turned to face them at once. The creatures, called Lumedel, had likely been attracted to the site by the waste heat emanating from the DM engine. If that was the case, they would undoubtedly resist any attempts to retrieve the reactor.
The Dolls' cockpits included a database called Colepedia, which contained all the data on the planet's life-forms and resources that their surveys had uncovered so far. The Colepedia's information was displayed in an overlay on the monitor showing the Lumedel - the creatures rivaled Dolls in size, and the team's first objective was to eliminate them.
Nagi and Irina's machines rushed in as the vanguard, and the Lumedel in their path fell to their swords one by one. It seemed the beasts acknowledged the two robots as enemies as they flocked around them, but then Doug and Lao's Dolls joined in with a long-distance bombardment. The survey squad had had a pretty tough time against the Lumedel, but the ceaseless offensive from four elite Dolls was taking the monsters out with ease.
"I'm moving in now"
While the Lumedel swarm was distracted by his allies, Guin snuck around the foot of the cliff and towards the auxiliary engine. His Doll was running in silent mode and he tried as hard as he could to avoid raising attention.
"Just don't look over here..."
Guin's machine was unarmed - instead, it had a gravity control unit mounted on its back. They had played with the idea of repurposing it as Doll flight pack, but it had originally been a part of the system that generated artificial gravity on the White Whale and Guin's role in the plan was to install it onto the auxiliary engine. If he succeeded, the unit would negate the reactor's enormous mass, making it possible for even a Doll to easily move it around. If they tried to use the gravity generator as a piece of Doll equipment, they would quickly run into problems with energy consumption, but there was no risk of that when the unit was connected directly to a DM engine.
Guin reached the engine without being noticed by the Lumedel and got to work on connecting the devices.

"Looks like Guin's doing well"
Irina said to Nagi while cleaving a Lumedel in half. Of course, Nagi had already confirmed the ensign's status on his submonitor - even if they won the battle, it would all be meaningless if they failed to reclaim and transport the auxiliary engine. But just as Nagi was about to express his relief, his Doll's control AI sounded a siren.
"That's- an Overed!?"
The warning sound signaled the appearance of a gigantic life-form in the ocean. Apparently the Lumedel were the Overed's food source: it seemed several times taller than the Dolls and was grabbing the smaller beasts one after another, swallowing them whole.
"'Insolent Riddle', eh? Seems like a fitting nickname!"
Whenever an Overed was discovered, the humans gave it a nickname reflecting its characteristics - it was something that would one day make them famous as a race that loves to name things.
"Just a little bit more, don't look over here..."
Guin had disembarked his Doll and was hurriedly working on connecting the gravity control unit to the auxiliary engine. He only had a little more to go, but Insolent Riddle's attacks on the Lumedel caused waves that had soaked him from head to toe.
"Overed are my specialty!"
Doug's Doll armed its massive rocket launcher - a weapon that Arms had developed specifically for Avalanche. It was difficult to operate, but boasted firepower designed to deliver fatal wounds to enormous life-forms. Doug locked on to his target quickly, but just as he was about to pull the trigger, Insolent Riddle did something unexpected. It took the Lumedel it had been about to swallow head-first and threw it right at Doug's machine.
Insolent Riddle couldn't possibly be sentient. What it did must have simply been a whim of a fickle beast - or perhaps an accident. Regardless, the result was that the four rockets Doug fired had barely left the launcher when they struck the flying Lumedel and blew the beast into bits.
Lao's Doll had been standing next to Doug's, and they were both blasted away by the point-blank explosion.

"Doug! Lao!"
Irina raised an alarmed voice.
"Y-yeah, I think I'm still alive somehow..."
"Tsk, my knee joint is busted. This Doll's a turret now."
Both Lao and Doug's machines had clearly sustained damage. Thankfully, both pilots were safe, but the squad's damage output had dropped considerably.
"Guin, hold on, I'm coming!"
"I-I can handle this much on my own, lieutenant!"
While Guin's words gave the pretense of composure, the tone of his voice revealed the truth and you could hear his fear as he spoke. It was to be expected: he had to work right next to Insolent Riddle, who preyed on Lumedel that were many times his size. Unfortunately, both Nagi and Irina's machines were tuned for close-quarters combat, so they would have to cut their way through the Lumedel swarm to reach him.
Countless Lumedel tackled Nagi's Doll, toppling it down onto the sandy beach. It seemed the appearance of Insolent Riddle had driven them to panic.
"Ugh, at this rate..."
Nagi's submonitor showed the image of Guin desperately continuing his labor. Despite the danger, the commodore couldn't possibly order the ensign to run: the future of NLA depended on Guin's success.
"All right, I'm done!"
At last, Guin finished his task. He activated the gravity control unit, now connected to the auxiliary engine, and confirmed that it was operating normally. To put it simply, it was like floating cargo by tying it to a blimp; they could now easily move the reactor.
But even though he had succeeded in his mission, Guin had been slightly too slow to save his own life. The moment he raised his gaze to head back to his Doll, he locked eyes with Insolent Riddle. He could feel its senseless animal instinct.
(T-this thing is going to eat me!)
Guin froze in terror. As Insolent Riddle stretched its arm, he knew that his death was only seconds away - and then, he was released from his paralysis when a reassuring voice came from his headset.
"Guin- get down! Leave the rest to me!"
It was the voice of someone who shouldn't have been there, and it was transmitted from a sixth Doll that had appeared on top of the cliff.
The machine, clad in deep crimson armor, soared down, and Nagi realized where it had come from.
"That's a- that's one of the new models from the research section! A Wels.CAIN!"
That was when everyone else recognized the voice as well. Irina shed tears as she called out:
"You're alive! Captain Elma!"

The crimson Wels danced through the air like a skilled athlete and readied the G-BUSTER mounted on its shoulder.
"This is nothing personal, but- you aren't the only one trying to survive on this planet!"
The point-blank impact from the G-BUSTER pulverized Insolent Riddle's head.

"Nice of you to show up, Elma"
"Sorry for being late. I had to get my Doll ready"
Nagi held out his right hand and Elma grabbed it. She recounted her story while returning the others' smiles and catching Irina as she came to hug her.
Before crashing on the planet, she had fought to repel the biomechanical alien weapons together with a certain young man. During the battle, the Dolls they were piloting were sucked out through the White Whale's outer wall, but the man used his robot to throw Elma back aboard through a hatch he had opened beforehand.
"If he hadn't done that, I don't think I could've gotten back onto the ship again"
"Then, he's-"
Elma looked down and shook her head.
(I see... But his actions saved all of us. He really was a hero...)
When Elma returned onto the White Whale, the ship was already breaking apart as it entered the atmosphere. She crawled into a nearby section and set the gravity control units to maximum in order to endure the landing.
"I had a rough time after the crash - I landed in an area crawling with hostile life-forms"
Fortunately for Elma, she had hidden in the section used to develop new Dolls and weapons. She repaired one of the damaged robots and set out to find the rest of the crew.
"I never thought I'd finally run into you in the heat of battle"
"Wasn't really much of a coincidence. We're uninvited guests here. Every encounter with the natives ends in mutual killing"
Lao spat out a blunt assessment. It seemed that as usual, his mind was set on his current duty of exterminating native life-forms.
"I see. I hope that some day the killing stops and we can coexist with them instead"
All present agreed with Elma's sentiment, but they couldn't keep making small talk forever. Transporting the DM engine, investigating the research section that Elma crashed in, they had a mountain of things they had to do...

"You're dissolving the United Government Army!?"
Maurice was flabbergasted. He thought that Nagi had lost his mind, and apparently everyone else agreed. Elma, Van Damme, Irina, Guin, Lao, Doug - none of them managed to hide their surprise.
It was the day after the White Whale's auxiliary engine and research section had been delivered and successfully integrated into NLA. At last, NLA had everything a city needed, and then Nagi's announcement blew it all up.
"Starting today, I'm no longer a commodore. I'm just old man Nagi, an ordinary citizen like the rest of you"
"'Old man'...? More like young man..."
Van Damme's retort seemed somehow off the mark - perhaps he was still reeling from surprise.
"What? Was it that unexpected?"
"Unexpected or not- What's your goal here?"
In response to Elma's question, Nagi explained something he had been thinking about for a long time.
"We can no longer return to Earth, nor can we seek out another new home. We have no option but to live here, on this planet. Did Robinson Crusoe have a military rank? Was the New World settled by an army?"
Van Damme grumbled with a distrustful look:
"Are you trying to give us the slip? Don't tell me you hate being in charge so much that you're gettin' rid of the the whole drat army-"
"Relax, we're going to establish an autonomous government for NLA, and I'll be the Executive of Military Affairs. I'm not going to run away from my obligations"
"An autonomous government... yes, we'll definitely need one. I wonder, will the head of state be chosen by election or...?"
No-one bothered to acknowledge Maurice's mutterings. Being the head of state was like drawing the short straw and there were no privileges to abuse, so whoever wanted the job could have it.
"However, we'll still need something to replace the army if we're going to survive on this planet. I'm thinking of naming it BLADE"
"BLADE? Ain't that-"
"Yes, 'Beyond the Logos Artificial Destiny Emancipator' - take the first letter of each word and you get 'BLADE'"
It was a phrase that had once been recited by a certain man - he had developed technology indispensable to the plan to relocate all Earth-born species, and he had been a friend of Nagi's and an acquaintance of Van Damme's.
"Well, I can't say the name ain't fitting, we're trying to survive on an alien planet here"
"Oh, by the way Van Damme, you're the commander-in-chief"
"I'm the what now!?"
Nagi grinned broadly as he turned to the wide-eyed engineer.
"What? You're the one who accused me trying to give you the slip before - don't tell me you're getting cold feet?"
"N-no, but Elma outranks me-"
"'Ranks' - we have no need for those any more"
Elma stood up and tossed her rank insignia on the floor.
"I'm going to join BLADE as just another human living on this planet - under Van Damme's command"
"Me too!"
"And me!"
Everyone else Elma followed Elma's example: Doug and Irina, Guin and Lao, all of them threw away their rank insignia and focused their burning eyes on Van Damme.
"Ughhh..."
"What's it gonna be, Van Damme? How about you make up your mind already"
"Ugh, fine, I'll be a commander-in-chief or whatever the hell you want! But if any of you maggots dare disobey me, you're getting a hundred million push-ups! I will goddamn atomize your biceps!"

Everyone was filled with excitement, but once the enthusiasm settled a bit, Maurice nervously opened his mouth.
"Captain Nagi- no, Executive of Military Affairs. I actually have something I'd like to propose..."
"Oh? Let's hear it"
The aide, who usually spoke with such confidence, presented his proposal with a look of anxiety on his face.
"I've thought about this for a long time and... I think we should name this planet 'Mira'"
"Mira... after Mira Torres?"
Maurice nodded. Mira Torres... Nagi recognized the name. Like the man who had recited the words that gave BLADE its name, she had worked hard on the plan to relocate all Earth-born species, and yet had not boarded the White Whale. She had built bridges between the civilians and the military, and Nagi had both admired and respected her as a person.
"I'm in favor. I wouldn't mind seeing her philosophy take root here, on the planet Mira..."

And so, the "land that is big and big and so big it annoying" received the name "planet Mira". But the time when sentient beings other than the race that gave the name started using it, that was still a little bit in the future.

Meanwhile, in a Byas encampment far away from NLA, stored food was grumbling in its cage.
"Aahhh, hurry up anyone, let Tatsu out of here..."

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just a question for those who have been following streams and spoilers, and you don't have to go in depth with your answer, but is there really not a playable Nopon party member?

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Calaveron posted:

Just a question for those who have been following streams and spoilers, and you don't have to go in depth with your answer, but is there really not a playable Nopon party member?

Not that we know of. But Tatsu joins your party as a guide really early on in the game and is present in plenty of cutscenes so it's basically like having Riki except you can't use him in combat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Dastardly posted:

Not that we know of. But Tatsu joins your party as a guide really early on in the game and is present in plenty of cutscenes so it's basically like having Riki except you can't use him in combat.

That sucks, because Riki's charm was that he could talk the talk AND walk the walk since he was a tough versatile little ball of fluff

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Clearly it's for the sake of game balance. Can't have a Brave New World storyline when a native is winning fights by himself.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

The only bit of information that I really want but don't know how to get at this point is "just what do the six different class do?" I am assuming that the sword/rifle class is going to be generic DPS/tank kind of thing, the shield/gatling class is going to be the tank. Dual gun/dual blade and javelin/sniper are going to be more DPSy, but gently caress if I know the distinguishing characteristics. If I had to guess, and I pretty much do, I'd say the dual wielder goes for lots of hits, and the javelin/sniper goes for big hits. I think the Forcer that turns into knife/beamgun (or keeps it, since that's what Forcers use anyway) is going to be buffs, and the photon saber/psycho launcher class is going to be debuffs.

But that's mostly just guessing and poo poo, I have no idea. v:v:v

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

1, 2, 3, 4

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I played the first game on dolphin just fine a while back, but now when I am playing using the same version of the emulator and the same computer I am getting horrible slowdown. Tried a newer version of dolphin and it has a higher sustained FPS but will routinely freeze for a few seconds in combat. Any suggestions?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Terper posted:

1, 2, 3, 4

Uh, uh, yeah yeah, uh uh... Uh uh, yeah, uh uh, yeah yeah uh uh...

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

Infinity Gaia posted:

Uh, uh, yeah yeah, uh uh... Uh uh, yeah, uh uh, yeah yeah uh uh...

Still waiting for someone to record the night version of the NLA theme so I can loop it forever.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvZp9A79ml8

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

how about instead of Dolls they call them amiibos, which is just another name for dolls.

:agreed:

Dastardly posted:

More concerned that they felt the need to change unions into professions and how "Testament is going to be changed" when it's perfectly fine as it is. Some unions even have the name incorporated into the logo. Are they going to waste time changing those too because some American out there might get kerfuffled about vaguely religious names in their video games?

Can't have kids associating the word Union with something positive and fun.

The lyrics are going to get pretty annoying. :(

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I'm getting some Metal Gear Rising vibes.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I really want someone to record the Manon ship themes and the NLA ones.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Music in these streams is nonstop hilarious

Personal highlights

A guy trying to do a stealth quest in his really expensive giant robot and getting it blown up instantly

The tiny anime girl with all of Reyn's moves holding aggro 100% of the time while the player was doing 30000 dmg a shot in his new giant robot

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 27, 2015

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Francis posted:

I can't wait for the months of relentless negativity as the game is streamed and watched from afar since open-world exploration and MMO-style combat optimization are the only things it does well and are also insanely boring as a spectator.

I turned on a stream last night and this terrible loving rap was playing so I turned it off immediately and went to another persons stream to watch... Then like 15 minutes later I realized the terrible loving rap was actually in game when it started playing on that persons stream :cry:

The rest of the music I heard ranged from bad to not very good, maybe I'm being overly dramatic but this barely has anything I wanted in a Xenoblade sequel.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

katkillad2 posted:

The rest of the music I heard ranged from bad to not very good, maybe I'm being overly dramatic but this barely has anything I wanted in a Xenoblade sequel.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dastardly posted:

I really want someone to record the Manon ship themes and the NLA ones.

Yeah I really want daytime NLA so I can COUNT FOREVER. I'll get SO GOOD AT COUNTING UP TO FOUR.

• Locked thread