Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug

Zsinjeh posted:

holy poo poo Sean and Hayes arguing with iTunes customer support about removing a rude review from 2013, while posing as Engineer Brett. I am dying

She rolled with it pretty well, gotta give her credit. That whole segment was awkward and great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Zsinjeh posted:

holy poo poo Sean and Hayes arguing with iTunes customer support about removing a rude review from 2013, while posing as Engineer Brett. I am dying

"My email address is Brett@Earw[bleeeeep]"

Perfectly edited.

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm crying laughing listening to this right now.

Tacier fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Apr 21, 2015

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
4-20 episode was super funny.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish they could pull off this many "cut to"s while not high on I4H.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

mr.capps posted:

I wish they could pull off this many "cut to"s while not high on I4H.

I wish they would get half as abstract. The whole "transition space" thing was amazing.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Tacier posted:

I'm crying laughing listening to this right now.

I just had to pause for a few minutes when the iTunes support woman said "It says 'boring and rude', correct?" because I was cringe-laughing too much and I couldn't take it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

tnimark posted:

I just had to pause for a few minutes when the iTunes support woman said "It says 'boring and rude', correct?" because I was cringe-laughing too much and I couldn't take it.

Same. When she read the review I lost it. Also loved how upset Brett was in the background when they gave her his name.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I really am liking the how did this get made? live episodes better and better. Something I thought would be a total bust in the latest episode was June being broadcast over skype, but it turned out amazing, especially when Jason would stop the whole thing, "June? June? this is Jason..." and the part where they thought she was drinking white wine but it turned out to be vodka.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

padijun posted:

I really am liking the how did this get made? live episodes better and better. Something I thought would be a total bust in the latest episode was June being broadcast over skype, but it turned out amazing, especially when Jason would stop the whole thing, "June? June? this is Jason..." and the part where they thought she was drinking white wine but it turned out to be vodka.

The best live episode is No Holds Barred.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I'll still stand with Roadhouse as the best live episode.

GIVE. ME. THAT. BABY.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I am laughing over that Hollywood Handbook itunes phonecall all over again imagining some customer rep listening to the recorded phone call for an evaluation and hearing them talking over the hold music.
Them trying to rationalize what the issue is, discussing Ringing Fire not having guitar parts..

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
It's a great song though. Definitely Joaquin Phoenix's best.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Zsinjeh posted:

I am laughing over that Hollywood Handbook itunes phonecall all over again imagining some customer rep listening to the recorded phone call for an evaluation and hearing them talking over the hold music.
Them trying to rationalize what the issue is, discussing Ringing Fire not having guitar parts..

wonder what that girl has against the cubs

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

is it just me or did Jon Gabrus' Hank Azaria sound like James Adomian's Tom Leykis?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
This might be a tough pull but does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook epi had the Interstellar quotes over the popcorn gallery?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

This might be a tough pull but does anyone remember which Hollywood Handbook epi had the Interstellar quotes over the popcorn gallery?

Please answer this man because it has been bugging me lately also.

"Just...swing around that neutron star..."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

While we're at it I would also like to know which episode it was where they let Engineer Cody (maybe) ask one question and he said "I moved to LA a year ago?"

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Man, this latest ep of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus is awful. Lauren doesn't seem to have any idea what to do with her character, and these other two ladies aren't coming up with anything good.

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011
I thought it was an especially good and funny episode!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Ronna and Beverley's newest episode is really good. Give the intro segment a try if you haven't sampled it before!

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone else notice the mouse clicks on some Earwolf podcasts? I hear them mostly when a new person gets introduced and I'm assuming the engineer is then focusing on their mix levels. I'm surprised they use such a noisy mouse. It's not that loud or bothersome I just think it's unusual.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Omnishambles posted:

Does anyone else notice the mouse clicks on some Earwolf podcasts? I hear them mostly when a new person gets introduced and I'm assuming the engineer is then focusing on their mix levels. I'm surprised they use such a noisy mouse. It's not that loud or bothersome I just think it's unusual.
Pretty sure that's the camera shutter aound for the episode pictures, recently that's been a very obvious and loud sound. Also you can hear them scratching the lottery tickets on Hollywood handbook from time to time

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Really funny Hollywood Handbook ep. The stuff about Steve the alien near the end was terrific.

Gargamel Gibson fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Apr 28, 2015

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

There's a water spilling disease going on at Earwolf. Today's Hollywood Handbook, last week's Who Charted, and I counted two others around the time of that WC. We're in a freakin' drought over here and these bozos are splashing all over the drat studio!

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Pretty sure that's the camera shutter aound for the episode pictures, recently that's been a very obvious and loud sound. Also you can hear them scratching the lottery tickets on Hollywood handbook from time to time

The worst are the Sklars. They've been doing the podcast longer than any other non-CBB Earwolf show and yet I still hear their iPhone's e-mail notification every episode.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
besser's samsung goes off every other i4h

Slackerish
Jan 1, 2007

Hail Boognish

JethroMcB posted:

Please answer this man because it has been bugging me lately also.

"Just...swing around that neutron star..."

I think it's the Paul Scheer ep

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Slackerish posted:

iirc that one didn't have a popcorn gallery.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
I wasn't sold on Who Charted at first but I love it now. I kind of like it more than Comedy Bang Bang :ohdear:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I don't know if it ever got discussed in this thread but the Hollywood Handbook episode with ScuzzMan, Dom's Close Friend has quickly become one of my favorites. Bringing an even more ridiculous character into the mix makes Sean take his usual persona to new heights. It was a really fun diversion from a typical episode and I'd like to see them do it again sometime with Hayes there as well.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shnooks posted:

I wasn't sold on Who Charted at first but I love it now. I kind of like it more than Comedy Bang Bang :ohdear:

Don't worry, you'll probably get sick of it after not too long. I had a good run with it, but man am I glad I've unsubscribed. I'm pretty sure it's just the same cute but fluffy show every single week.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Armen Weitzman Who Charted episodes are definite necessary listenings.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Slackerish posted:

I should have come back sooner, I found it shortly after I asked. Its Thomas Middleditch, which is overall a great episode.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

piratepilates posted:

Armen Weitzman Improv4Humans episodes are definite necessary listenings.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

piratepilates posted:

Armen Weitzman Who Charted episodes are definite necessary listenings.

The Armen Weitzman who charted with Besser is just the greatest thing

e: the latest episode of Who Charted is pretty amazing actually because Howard is even more all over the place than normal. I didn't know the guest either and I kind of wrote him off until he gave his top three rappers and he was pretty much spot on.

a pipe smoking dog fucked around with this message at 17:04 on May 2, 2015

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Howard's ongoing summah/ocean > space stuff can get a little old. That being said his more random stories he tells about his real life are still astonishingly crazy and hilarious. I think it's a real shame they aren't recording his life advice thing he's doing as rewards for his indiegogo.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

n8r posted:

Howard's ongoing summah/ocean > space stuff can get a little old. That being said his more random stories he tells about his real life are still astonishingly crazy and hilarious. I think it's a real shame they aren't recording his life advice thing he's doing as rewards for his indiegogo.

that bit this week where he made it sound like a kid whose skin was falling off had offered to be his intern was amazing.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Howard has better weird stories than any other 50-year-old on the planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

n8r posted:

It sometimes reminds me of when I listened to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, where Jason Mewes has several lifetimes of crazy stories in his past and a flair for telling them.