Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

Looks like Smash Bro

There are no levels that go underwater like that in Smash though, are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

It looks like the underwater course in Mario Golf.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Rosalina's design is different in Smash Bros and there's no environment like that in the game.

It looks like it could be 3d World, but I have no idea how you'd get that shot and it wouldn't be a promotional image.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Silver Falcon posted:

I keep wanting to scan everything. I miss not knowing what bosses are called. I've fought a swinging plant thing and Kraid. I know Kraid thanks to Smash. Oh! And also I recognized the music in Maridia instantly because it's the same as the music in Deep Torvus and I loved that music!

Everyone always says the music in lower Torvus is Marida's theme but I'm pretty sure it's actually red Brinstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-Ln4EbmKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim1s_DBR64

edit: unless like, dark world torvus is marida or something?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Carrasco posted:

It looks like it could be 3d World, but I have no idea how you'd get that shot and it wouldn't be a promotional image.

Rosalina's design is different in 3d World and there's no environment like that in the game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

pichupal posted:

I'd assume a minigame in Mario Party 10.

It looks like the underwater map in bowser game mode

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Countblanc posted:

It looks like the underwater map in bowser game mode
Found it:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYIHAAAEAAAFVHwm1dWNRg

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Mario Party Rosalina looks weird.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
i like how her skin is close to the color it would be if she were actually drowning

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Boomshakalaka

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

noirstronaut posted:

i like how her skin is close to the color it would be if she were actually drowning

Cartoony yip, cartoony yip, cartoony yip, disturbingly realistic animation of Mario going limp and floating into oblivion <---- The Mario 64 Experience

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

I started Super Metroid last night. I'm only a couple hours in and the game has just been throwing power-ups at me like candy. :stare: In the Prime games, I'd play for a couple hours and get one, maybe two power-ups. This game has a much brisker pace! I just got the Speed Boost a bit ago and I went all Rocket Maaaaaaaan in the starting room and crashed right into the ceiling. It was amazing.

Anyway, game is good. I like it. Looking forward to trying Fusion!

Samus is pretty agile most of the time. She's slower in Prime since that suits the FP perspective better.

Also, Fusion is good, but focuses more on mostly-linear action and has intrusive forced Nav rooms. Kind of like the Corruption of the 2D games.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
At the same time Fusion is very VERY intuitive at getting you used to Samus' capabilities and has some really cool shortcuts and things you wouldn't expect. Don't let the seemingly linear structure fool you.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

Cartoony yip, cartoony yip, cartoony yip, disturbingly realistic animation of Mario going limp and floating into oblivion <---- The Mario 64 Experience
also the zelda OOT experience with link drowning.
What is it with drowning in video games being so horrifying compared to everything else?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

Yo what Mario game is this, a friend asked, I can't answer, and it's bugging the poo poo out of me now

There a mode in Mario Party 10 where you make displays and take pictures. That Rosalina in Whimsical Waters.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man I was hoping Super Princess Rosalina had just been leaked

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Everyone always says the music in lower Torvus is Marida's theme but I'm pretty sure it's actually red Brinstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M-Ln4EbmKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim1s_DBR64

edit: unless like, dark world torvus is marida or something?

No, no that's exactly the music I heard! I just didn't know where I was. Thought I was still in Maridia when I had crossed back into Brinstar without knowing it. I... get lost easily...

Motto posted:

Samus is pretty agile most of the time. She's slower in Prime since that suits the FP perspective better.

Also, Fusion is good, but focuses more on mostly-linear action and has intrusive forced Nav rooms. Kind of like the Corruption of the 2D games.

Yeah, I like zipping around everywhere! :D And if Fusion is kind of like Corruption, then that suits me fine! I really liked Corruption.

I do like that not once since I started the game has anything popped up to tell me where to go. The game just dumps you in an alien planet and says "Go nuts!" Yet I've picked up all the power-ups in the "correct" order (I'm assuming?), and I haven't gotten lost. That, right there, is good game design.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

This better get a port to the Wii U and brought to the States.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFEF7DGj9w4

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jarogue posted:

I say give it half a year after the full arcade thing launches. It happens with every Tekken.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is Kirby Rainbow Curse worth getting? I played and really liked Canvas Curse.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Unlucky7 posted:

No it's garbage, and it's not just garbage it's expensive garbage. There are paid skyrim mods that last longer and are more enjoyable than the Wii-U kirby game. This is how low the quality is on it. They spent like 90% of the budget making everything look like clay and then remembered it needed some gameplay for people to actually buy it. The N64 Kirby game is still better than the Wii-U one.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

Yes

It should be noted that I am a goon of taste and esteem

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Jarogue posted:

Tekken with Pokemon?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Milkman posted:

Tekken with Pokemon?

The move sets are that of a regular tekken game and a ton of people do not realize this and just think it's smash brothers with just pokemon.

I have my cup ready for all their tears.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The Milkman posted:

Tekken with Pokemon?

I read that as 'Taken with Pokémon' and now I am disappointed.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Jarogue posted:

There was a Japanese stream of it a few months ago. It looked dull as dogshit.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Unlucky7 posted:

I read that as 'Taken with Pokémon' and now I am disappointed.

GIVE ME BACK MY CLEFAIRY!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

The Taint Reaper posted:

The move sets are that of a regular tekken game and a ton of people do not realize this and just think it's smash brothers with just pokemon.

I have my cup ready for all their tears.

Yeah lol

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
*smash brothers play sits down to play regular fighting game*

Wha....what the gently caress I keep mashing B and A and this other guy is somehow doing better moves than I am, how can this be?!?!?!?!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Tekken is cool.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

raditts posted:

There was a Japanese stream of it a few months ago. It looked dull as dogshit.

The long range fights look dull as dogshit, yeah, but once the actual fighting game starts it's pretty fun-looking. I hope they get real feedback from the arcades and cut that element off altogether for the console release.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

elf help book posted:

Tekken is cool.

Armor King is hometown, Christie is life.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The long range fights look dull as dogshit, yeah, but once the actual fighting game starts it's pretty fun-looking. I hope they get real feedback from the arcades and cut that element off altogether for the console release.

Zoning is part of fighting games homie

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Tekken is a fighting game series where robots can fire missiles at dinosaurs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Countblanc posted:

Zoning is part of fighting games homie

Yeah but running around a circle shooting stuff that does chip damage until something activates the camera change into real fighting game mode doesn't seem fun.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Unlucky7 posted:

I dunno how many people are like me, but I can only play it in very short bursts. Sometimes half way through a level I'll feel like taking a break. It's a fun game, but the hassle of turning on my Wii U and waiting a few literal minutes for the game to boot is sometimes too much to care for when a 3DS game would just fold down and then fold back up.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Pokken Tournament is gonna own

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Pikachu's victory pose is the same as Heihachi's, so Pokken Tournament is pretty much Game Of The Year material.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Pikachu's victory pose is the same as Heihachi's, so Pokken Tournament is pretty much Game Of The Year material.

Game of The Year 2017.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It's not just a victory pose, pikachu is literally heihachi.

• Locked thread