Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

superjew posted:

Does anyone recognize the tap handles in the bar?

If someone gets a screen shot I can take a stab at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Rolling Rock & ?

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Chris Knight posted:

Rolling Rock & ?

The red one looks like it says "redwolf"

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

hangedman1984 posted:

The red one looks like it says "redwolf"

Yup, that's it, you can see the half-moon "o" in the logo.

Also when I looked a little harder in my search I found this image which you might find especially convincing.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I did some googling and it appears that Red Wolf is a brand of beer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

I did some googling and it appears that Red Wolf is a brand of beer.

Product placement has gone too far!!!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm going to guess that that's a legitimate bar? Or maybe they just bought up some bar's old taps?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The show is set in Colorado, and no New Belgium?

Wtf harmon

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Just binged watched all the new episodes. SEASON 6 FUCKIN OWNZ

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I watched the first two episodes on premiere day then just got caught up. "That's all four, bitches" had me laughing harder than it should have.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
See, this is what happens when you don't greek the name brands.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I am also glad Jacques Slade is back. High as Hell is an awesome song!

Qonas
Apr 21, 2010

Rexides posted:

...having a real brand made it funnier because there was now also the metaplot of the show criticizing the very thing it was doing so shamelessly.

Enderzero posted:

The loving episode ended with a tear dropping on a Honda logo.

How many other shows have episodes revolving around dealing with the ways advertisers try to reach us? None, because they are all doing the easiest thing which is let's have show characters use real products that fit the type of person we want to buy the product. Buncha fuckin' crybabies.

Lt. Danger posted:

Every single line about Honda was a joke about the disconnect between the way advertisers speak and the way normal people actually talk.

Toxxupation posted:

Honda and marketing is quite literally a drug that destroys a couple in this episode

Like you ever met a couple that are both addicts, especially when it's the same drug? it's exaggerated here but the stuff that Rick did at the end of the episode is what for-reals junkie couples do especially when one or both want to get clean- well gently caress it let's blow it OUT one last time, then we quit tomorrow or some poo poo like that

I mean this could not be any less of a flattering light they cast Honda in within the bounds of the episode, it's a metaphorical stand in for fuckin' heroin

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm just going to put this here without comment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008
It probably won't help ease anyone's complaints of how they approached product placement, but this episode was written by one of the original writers and eventual editor-in-chief of The Onion.

Which is to say,

Toxxupation posted:

Honda and marketing is quite literally a drug that destroys a couple in this episode

Like you ever met a couple that are both addicts, especially when it's the same drug? it's exaggerated here but the stuff that Rick did at the end of the episode is what for-reals junkie couples do especially when one or both want to get clean- well gently caress it let's blow it OUT one last time, then we quit tomorrow or some poo poo like that

I mean this could not be any less of a flattering light they cast Honda in within the bounds of the episode, it's a metaphorical stand in for fuckin' heroin
, is almost definitely what they were going for. So, at the very least know their intentions were pure and driven by bitter satire.

Whether they accomplished that, whatever. I enjoyed it, and thought everything about it handled really well.

JesusFists
Feb 14, 2005

ong-time listener, first-time caller.

*ahem* Haaaaaaaam, girl!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
That was...an episode? Not that great I think. Also, in the pile of frisbees, it looks like a number of them were tied together. Was that on purpose or what?

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Jeff's psychotic break should have been built up just a little bit more and kind of straddled dark-for-the-sake-of-dark territory what with him trying to murder Abed, but the comedy in this episode was great. Improvise pockets!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

EatinCake posted:

It probably won't help ease anyone's complaints of how they approached product placement, but this episode was written by one of the original writers and eventual editor-in-chief of The Onion.

I didn't know it was written by someone who wrote for a free newspaper. That changes everything!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

In It For The Tank posted:

Jeff's psychotic break should have been built up just a little bit more and kind of straddled dark-for-the-sake-of-dark territory what with him trying to murder Abed, but the comedy in this episode was great. Improvise pockets!

To be fair, "bazinga!" triggers a murder reflex in most people.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Police Justice!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Irish Joe posted:

I didn't know it was written by someone who wrote for a free newspaper. That changes everything!

You certainly are talented at being reductive I'll give you that

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

MrAristocrates posted:

Police Justice!

Are they not allowed to say "Buzz Hickey"? :smith:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ETB posted:

Are they not allowed to say "Buzz Hickey"? :smith:

Why wouldn't they? Wasn't there an email in the leak episode that said "Buzz Hickey Memorial Service"? Haven't seen the latest episode so sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

I'm all for more laser bombs coming out of cleavage.

EatinCake
Oct 21, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

If by 'free newspaper' you mean one a comedy paper world renown for it's bitter cynicism wrapped in entertaining bites, kinda. I don't get you Irish Joe, you pop up in a lot of these threads just egging on arguments for seemingly no constructive reason. I hope you aren't that pointlessly combative irl man.

Someone pointed out earlier that Abed's been weirdly emotive this season, and I'm having a hard time unsee-ing it now. Like him smiling like that on their front page is just... unsettling.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Really, to claim that nearly any episode isn't written almost completely by Dan Harmon is a bit of a stretch. The credited writer is the one who writes the outline and first draft, which Harmon takes more as a suggestion than anything else.

That's not to say that the writers don't play an important part, but much of it is in story breaking and punching up jokes.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Am I the only one who heard Britta call the CGI alien a Glip-Glop? Isn't that like if the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and that baby was raised by all the bad words for jews? Britta does not have enough Glop cred to be using that word.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I enjoyed that episode. It was a grounded concept episode.

Annie: 1 (thanks to her improvisation)
Britta: 2

EatinCake posted:

Someone pointed out earlier that Abed's been weirdly emotive this season, and I'm having a hard time unsee-ing it now. Like him smiling like that on their front page is just... unsettling.

That shot almost seems to me like he thinking, "I know this is a situation where other people would smile, so... *smile*"

But that could just be a lack of familiarity with Abed showing emotion.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EatinCake posted:

I don't get you Irish Joe, you pop up in a lot of these threads just egging on arguments for seemingly no constructive reason. I hope you aren't that pointlessly combative irl man.

Is it even worth posting the glittery text thing?

Clean Your Teeth
Jul 10, 2009

Good episode, good season, everyone who thinks Community is still good is a good person.

If anyone hasn't seen the extra Honda bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmKvSHkquho

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This show is still good....but at this point 'good' is about the most enthusiastic word I can muster up. I'm still glad it's around, though, I guess.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

There hasn't been an episode yet this season that I've absolutely fallen in love with, that I can point to and say, "There. That's Community. That's why this show is better than everything else." But it's been pleasant to have around, yes.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah it's been a very...pleasant season

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Clean Your Teeth posted:

Good episode, good season, everyone who thinks Community is still good is a good person.

If anyone hasn't seen the extra Honda bit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmKvSHkquho

This was fantastic

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Gin_Rummy posted:

Am I the only one who heard Britta call the CGI alien a Glip-Glop? Isn't that like if the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and that baby was raised by all the bad words for jews? Britta does not have enough Glop cred to be using that word.

It's actually a repurposed gingivitis monster, so that's OK.

angular guitar
Nov 9, 2005

EatinCake posted:

I much prefer outgoing Abed to the "my brain is literally a machine" autist we had for Season 3-4. With only Annie at home, having to talk about more normal things has been good for his social side I think. He's had less chance to escape into fantasy for hours at a time like when Troy was around.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I hated this one. That was some straight up season 4 garbage. Previous eps have usually had some actual jokes. I didn't really enjoy a single line there.

This show really is dead to me and it breaks my loving heart. :smith:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did anyone else notice the Doctor Who tapes at the apartment in this episode? Guess we won't ever be hearing about Inspector Spacetime again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gin_Rummy posted:

loving horribly racist episode!!!!

(I loved it.)

• Locked thread