Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Eonwe posted:

who cares

you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hmm, no

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Eonwe, your shitposting is getting worse by the hour.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Eonwe posted:

hmm, no

You seem to be refreshing this thread quite a bit :allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fennesz posted:

You seem to be refreshing this thread quite a bit :allears:

i dont know what this is implying

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Eonwe posted:

hmm, no

hey don't worry ~I~ don't care

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

fennesz posted:

Out of curiosity, why are people so interested in the percentage rating of Skyrim? Because it's an indicator of how riled up people have gotten or because it'll actually have an affect on sales?

There will be a sort of sweet irony if it drops below 84%, because that's the cutoff they used to gently caress Obsidian out of their bonus for New Vegas.

SpudCat
Mar 12, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

Er, that's... So, first off, they haven't done this with any of the paid mods up right now, have they? Secondly, won't LITERALLY EVERYONE just get it when it's free and not pay when it goes up for sale?

Yeah, if Valve is serious about doing this (which they have yet to even implement) then they'd better implement some form of DRM because this'd make it even easier to faciliate piracy :lol:

and the hopeless spergs who would take on the Sisyphean chore of modding Skyrim are the sort who'd take the modicum of effort to go to a bootleg mod release site of some sort.

Of course, if there does come some sort of DRM I can't see it going over well considering the rage and doomsaying already present. Just keep fuckin' that chicken Valve :allears:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Ddraig posted:

There will be a sort of sweet irony if it drops below 84%, because that's the cutoff they used to gently caress Obsidian out of their bonus for New Vegas.

Also it's the best indicator of how much this move is loving them over. Generally when an executive walks into a boardroom and says, "<X> has dropped ten percent!!" it is a cause for company-wide panic. If anything might get them to pull the plug on this, it's the plummeting review scores, especially because it will completely gently caress their next game when it tanks in reviews because everyone is still salty about the paid mods.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012
Crossposting from the Paid Mods thread:

Sensenmann posted:

Guys, this poo poo is coming for Fallout NV as well! It's either that or that particular dude is just paranoid...

:v:

To be fair, that dude tears down his poo poo on a weekly basis in spergy rage but it's still hilarious.

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.

:iceburn:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squeegy posted:

Also it's the best indicator of how much this move is loving them over. Generally when an executive walks into a boardroom and says, "<X> has dropped ten percent!!" it is a cause for company-wide panic. If anything might get them to pull the plug on this, it's the plummeting review scores, especially because it will completely gently caress their next game when it tanks in reviews because everyone is still salty about the paid mods.

im pretty sure a bunch of people angrily downvoting their game well after somewhat critical acclaim and success isnt going to get them to say 'ok no we dont want any more money for basically free'

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Eonwe posted:

im pretty sure a bunch of people angrily downvoting their game well after somewhat critical acclaim and success isnt going to get them to say 'ok no we dont want any more money for basically free'

If people are still mad about this when the next TES and Fallout games come out, they'll be bombarded with bad scores and end up with lovely metacritic ratings immediately after release. Which actually does matter.

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Of course not. It might, however, make some people wonder what people will do to Fallout 4 or TES 6 and that could have a big impact on sales if both get tanked into poo poo territory by the angry mob.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1. boycottmodernwarfare2.jpg
2. gamers dont have that long of an attention span, the next whatever-gate will happen or someone will release some day 1 DLC or something and that will be the new drama
3. good im glad of it, maybe that will be the nail in the coffin for the shitheap that is metacritic

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sensenmann posted:

Of course not. It might, however, make some people wonder what people will do to Fallout 4 or TES 6 and that could have a big impact on sales if both get tanked into poo poo territory by the angry mob.

boycottmodernwarfare2.jpg

Sensenmann
Sep 8, 2012

Eonwe posted:

boycottmodernwarfare2.jpg

More like simcity.jpg

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Boycottmodernwarfare2.jpg is the best .jpg when PC gamers start agitating.

I'm sure Boycott TES6 will be as successful.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wonder how sales of Skyrim are doing, since obviously outraged gamers have good spending habits

oh, the more expensive Legendary Edition is on sale and at the #2 spot just behind GTA V, and the regular edition is at #5

yea they are definitely hurting right now

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Eonwe posted:

i wonder how sales of Skyrim are doing, since obviously outraged gamers have good spending habits

oh, the more expensive Legendary Edition is on sale and at the #2 spot just behind GTA V, and the regular edition is at #5

yea they are definitely hurting right now

who cares

Zombie #246
Apr 26, 2003

Murr rgghhh ahhrghhh fffff
I'm glad for this change because it means I'll stop trial and error modding it and actually play the game

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
Valve's keeping the trend of great quality control.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

who cares

i do friend, i want game developers who make fun games that I like (such as skyrim) to do well so that i may play more of their games in the future

namaste

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Valves already got their money so haha suck it I guess

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

projecthalaxy posted:

Valves already got their money so haha suck it I guess

He's got 24 hours though, then that guy is on THE LIST

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Sensenmann posted:

More like simcity.jpg

Pretty sure Sim City failed becazse it's a lovely game and not just because people hate EA

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eternally amused that this was their front page armor and not the Akatosh set. At least the guy who did the Akatosh set seems to have gone through some effort to make it! It's in separate pieces, has a female model, and you can actually get the thing ingame without the console.

Until recently, the Shadowscale armor said there would be a quest to get it and a female version added today. That seems to have gone missing from their description, but you still have to hack it in.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Bholder posted:

Pretty sure Sim City failed becazse it's a lovely game and not just because people hate EA

Right, and if they continue this pay-for-mods system then TESVI will be a lovely game and hopefully get the Sim City treatment.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Bholder posted:

People hate EA because it was a lovely game that they sold via mountains of false advertising

Dux Supremus
Feb 2, 2009

"Don't worry guys, we can solve our lack of review processes or customer service by writing a lot of code."

So exactly what the gently caress is your plan, GabeN? To create Skynet so you don't have to hire people? Sounds great.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Pakled posted:

Right, and if they continue this pay-for-mods system then TESVI will be a lovely game and hopefully get the Sim City treatment.

I still like the franchise, I don't want it to die over stupid money grubbing poo poo.

I could also see TESVI getting DRM, like Sim City, to ensure all mods are paid for and not pirated :(

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Eonwe posted:

Why do you even bother posting in this thread? Apparently you don't even understand what we are saying so it's really pointless and I sort of feel sorry for you.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Squeegy posted:

Why do you even bother posting in this thread? Apparently you don't even understand what we are saying so it's really pointless and I sort of feel sorry for you.

lol

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
poo poo posting is a limited resource and this new Skyrim paid mods thing as really exploded the growth in this current under-developed sector. Think of it as value added!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

KakerMix posted:

poo poo posting is a limited resource and this new Skyrim paid mods thing as really exploded the growth in this current under-developed sector. Think of it as value added!

yep im just a humble purveyor of shitposts trying to scrape out a living

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero

KakerMix posted:

scalable poo poo-post solutions that are robust in the face of exponential growth

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer
All this does is make me purchase games elsewhere rather than on steam.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Chaltab posted:

^Mods created without the Creation Kit are also significantly more likely to screw your game up.

From a few pages back, but this is incorrect.

Bel Monte
Oct 9, 2012
If anything it would be more like spore.jpg in the early days where it's amazon score was in the trash. I think this was before metacritic became a major player, but I don't remember. That didn't stop a lot of people from buying it, but it was still panned and it's score only got worse once people got tired of the simplistic gameplay in a day.

Just checked, yep, still in the trash with 1.5 stars:
http://www.amazon.com/Spore-PC-Mac/dp/B000FKBCX4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430068656&sr=8-1&keywords=spore+pc

MetaCritic faired better, but again that might have been because it was still kinda sorta new:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/spore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Eonwe posted:

yep im just a humble purveyor of shitposts trying to scrape out a living

We all are, but in accordance with the rules 75% of the shitposting has to be at valve/bethsoft.

• Locked thread