Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Would anyone here happen to remember the name of that web design teaching thing that advertised on MBMBAM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Would anyone here happen to remember the name of that web design teaching thing that advertised on MBMBAM?

I want to say it was One Month, which is onemonth.com

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"There's no such thing as a Toyota Bigraft!" destroyed me.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

onemonth.com

I've taken a couple of their courses. Their HTML one is a pretty good crash course on HTML and CSS for absolute beginners and I definitely recommend it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The true hero of Dark Souls rises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlKnEgPEGmA

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Re: newest episode, wow 95% hit rate on getting a show out every week.

Also Griffin's Mr. Feeny tears absolutely slayed me while I was at the gym.

Great ep all around, really, fitting for 250.

e: also "who do you have who is the slipperiest". Griff voice game on fleek this week.

Kenny Logins fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 7, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea MBMBAM has a legit excellent track record they should be proud of.

And yea I want Griffin's sobs of agony as a ringtone as well.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA_9tEz3s68

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
Not quite as good for "brother smirks as younger brother gets angry with video game controls" but still really good.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Justin and Griffin screw around with the randomize features function in Dark Souls 2 and make a squirtle.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Mr Tastee posted:

Justin and Griffin screw around with the randomize features function in Dark Souls 2 and make a squirtle.

how did you miss that its five posts above yours?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

poo poo. Don't know how I missed that.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's worth posting twice honestly.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I'm sad that he didn't go and get the turtle shell armor

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would watch Justin and Griffin (possibly Travis too if they got him on) do a Let's Play. Polygon did start branching out into that with Bloodborne.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/597170738747965441

Travis is doing another podcast with Brent Black

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykSzQ0utxtg

good news

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I almost fuuuucking crashed my loving car I was laughing so hard at the wizard yahoo

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

This latest episode was so on point. The spelling bee wasteland monster, wizard swears, Justin saying "oh, well that's me" and closing the call.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah that episode was loving fantastic. Wizard swears is a first-ballot hall of fame goof.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHR0EfYACAI

The Garfield Monsterfactory.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Every episode of Monster Factory is a wonderful gift. Unless you're a horse or a picture of lasagna.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Wizard Swears is loving SUBLIME.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Is there some sort of list of their best Polygon stuff?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Teddybear posted:

Is there some sort of list of their best Polygon stuff?

I heard there was this great Dark Souls video you could start with. Can't find the link though

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I haven't been able to find a real solid list of the stuff they've done together. I tried looking at Polygon by contributor but they've each done so many normal video game reviews and videos it's hard to pick out at a glance what's going to contain Video Game Counselor Dracula, for example.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
1001 spikes and Titan Souls had Game Counselor Dracula, they also did Rust, Car Mechanic Simulator, and I am not sure what else.

Someone make a playlist.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

GoatZ was recent and was really funny

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Travis343 posted:

I haven't been able to find a real solid list of the stuff they've done together. I tried looking at Polygon by contributor but they've each done so many normal video game reviews and videos it's hard to pick out at a glance what's going to contain Video Game Counselor Dracula, for example.

There's a overview section of polygon's YouTube which is what I use, though it also includes overviews by non mcelroys

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Roach Warehouse posted:

This latest episode was so on point. The spelling bee wasteland monster, wizard swears, Justin saying "oh, well that's me" and closing the call.

The whole episode was great, but holy poo poo that last one. I had to pause the podcast, I was laughing for about fifteen minutes straight after he just deadpanned that line and disconnected, and I can't even tell you why I found it so hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Morpheus posted:

The whole episode was great, but holy poo poo that last one. I had to pause the podcast, I was laughing for about fifteen minutes straight after he just deadpanned that line and disconnected, and I can't even tell you why I found it so hilarious.

Yea I liked the first time he did it but when he went 'oh, well that's me' and kicked himself I lost it so hard. Justin is a man of honor.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

So, how about The Mystery of the Rockport Express? I honestly have no clue whodunnit. I do think, though, that it was probably not Jess. Too obvious. I think the guy's head was cut off by magic, which I'm pretty sure gives a very clean cut. The hands threw me for a loop though.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It was tom bodette all along

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvAVP0_kJ4Q

Tabletop Simulator is still my fave Griffin + Justin Polygon video.
But sadly yeah, there does not seem to be a good list/way to search for their videos.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Ariong posted:

So, how about The Mystery of the Rockport Express? I honestly have no clue whodunnit. I do think, though, that it was probably not Jess. Too obvious. I think the guy's head was cut off by magic, which I'm pretty sure gives a very clean cut. The hands threw me for a loop though.

The body is actually the engineer and the hands are gone to hide the fact that it's him because they're stinky. Which means that Jenkins is actually in the engineer's room, which he presumably got into with his magic teleportation thing. I'm also assuming that the hands are missing because the dude is using them to open up the super safe and get the thing inside.

Still not sure about the actual specifics of the murder though and how it all went down.

But yeah, the Adventure Zone continues to be loving incredible and their ability to make even the simplest interactions into 10-minute-long goofs (and Griffin's ability to predict how they'll act a lot of the times) is some DnD wizardry. Griffin obviously makes it all possible, but Travis has been the secret MVP so far. His ability to actually play DnD in a fun way and do Cool poo poo™ has been the highlight of several episodes.

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 13, 2015

ArgaWarga
Apr 8, 2005

dare to fail gloriously

Odd request: does anyone remember which episode had Griffin describing an awkward date at a hibachi restaurant while doing a strange voice? I remember him saying something about catching a shrimp in your mouth even though it's a little scary or something like that. Been driving me crazy trying to remember which episode it is.

I really love this podcast. It reminds me so much (and is obviously inspired by) one of my old favorites, You Look Nice Today. They should have them on as Guestperts.

VDay posted:

The body is actually the engineer and the hands are gone to hide the fact that it's him because they're stinky. Which means that Jenkins is actually in the engineer's room, which he presumably got into with his magic teleportation thing. I'm also assuming that the hands are missing because the dude is using them to open up the super safe and get the thing inside.

Still not sure about the actual specifics of the murder though and how it all went down.

But yeah, the Adventure Zone continues to be loving incredible and their ability to make even the simplest interactions into 10-minute-long goofs (and Griffin's ability to predict how they'll act a lot of the times) is some DnD wizardry. Griffin obviously makes it all possible, but Travis has been the secret MVP so far. His ability to actually play DnD in a fun way and do Cool poo poo™ has been the highlight of several episodes.

Agree on all counts.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I don't know the episode, but that particular question was about a guy who left a super awkward voice mail, or too many voicemails. One of the two. Hope that helps.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

VDay posted:

Remember that nothing can be brought back with you through Jenkins' portal and is destroyed if you attempt it. Nice way to deal with evidence.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfuQQ4lD_kI

To enjoy whenever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
The Adventure Zone is a great podcast but I thought it was pretty lame how in the previous episode Travis killed the crab in the most badass way possible then Griffin had to just bring it back on the train because it wasn't supposed to die yet.

• Locked thread