Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

moonsour posted:

I am 99% certain they're not the same tattoo but I'd rather not post a photoshop infographic explaining why. Some notable places to look are the nasal cavity and the eyes as well as the highlighting on the teeth. I don't think I've ever seen a tattoo where the shadow on the inner eye darkened while at the same time other black cracks and holes disappear and, highlights on the teeth move around, and other inconsistencies.

If it IS the same tattoo, then the fault likes entirely on the dude who got it done for having another artist go over it and also not letting it heal properly, causing colors to not stick.

If it's different tattoos, did the copier also copy the original guy's moles, too? There are two moles that match up in both pictures..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
Hey so how about this guy, who got a photo of his infant son tattooed on his face:

Another view:

Can any tattoo experts confirm that this will be a giant black blob in a few years?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

It already is

jess
May 26, 2005

you fit into me
like a hook into an eye

a fish hook
an open eye

Sinestro posted:

That is based off of a drawing that I remember seeing on Deviantart a really long time ago.

Fake edit: Yeah, it's the Faery Goddess o' Yellow Orb. :nws: unless your work is cool with naked obese fairy nipple.

The fact that she tattooed the artist's signature baffles me.

Content:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

jess posted:

Content:

Texas born and Texas toast? :confused:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Oh I get it. bred

I'm sad at how long that took me. I too kept thinking toasted or "raised" like dough.

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

That owns.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
nvm, gonna ask in the good tattoo thread

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

cyberia posted:

Texas born and Texas toast? :confused:

Pretty sure they phased out the electric chair duder.

moonsour
Feb 13, 2007

Ortowned

Araenna posted:

If it's different tattoos, did the copier also copy the original guy's moles, too? There are two moles that match up in both pictures..

I do see the moles which is the only thing that is alike between those two. I still think there's more than just a tattoo that faded going on. The artist or client did something to it.

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

i support this 100%

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

moonsour posted:

I do see the moles which is the only thing that is alike between those two. I still think there's more than just a tattoo that faded going on. The artist or client did something to it.

Yeah, the artist did a lovely tattoo.

I see this poo poo all the time, it's just rear end in a top hat tattooers that only give a gently caress about the tattoo long enough to get a picture to put in their portfolio.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

ToastFaceKillah posted:

Yeah, the artist did a lovely tattoo.

I see this poo poo all the time, it's just rear end in a top hat tattooers that only give a gently caress about the tattoo long enough to get a picture to put in their portfolio.

Out of curiosity, at the risk of a derail, does this sort of behavior get phased out of the industry? Do artists eventually steer people away from that poo poo or something? Seems incredibly selfish to tattoo with those mores.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Hey so how about this guy, who got a photo of his infant son tattooed on his face:

Another view:

Can any tattoo experts confirm that this will be a giant black blob in a few years?

Things I will not at all be surprised about : he only gets the kid on weekends.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

davidspackage posted:

... and ends up dropping him off at the kid's grandma's house for all but a couple hours of it.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

davidspackage posted:

Oh, this guy again. My girlfriend knows him. He's already got a huge rose/skull and a pentagram tattooed on the other side of his head. He also has a janky-rear end Doctor Who tattoo. He and the baby-mama are always on the rocks, and both are chronically unemployed.

Yargh
Jan 12, 2008
ok.
"Tattoes"

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

gamera009 posted:

Out of curiosity, at the risk of a derail, does this sort of behavior get phased out of the industry? Do artists eventually steer people away from that poo poo or something? Seems incredibly selfish to tattoo with those mores.

It doesn't get phased out, it gets worse. Pictures float around the internet and a bunch of uneducated idiots come into studios insisting that's what they want.

Good artists will turn them away.

Desperate or greedy 'artists' will straight up copy that poo poo and do what the client wants to make a buck.

There are far, FAR more of the latter kind of people.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Another view:

Origami Dali posted:

Oh, this guy again. My girlfriend knows him. He's already got a huge rose/skull and a pentagram tattooed on the other side of his head. He also has a janky-rear end Doctor Who tattoo. He and the baby-mama are always on the rocks, and both are chronically unemployed.

Really? I can't imagine why a guy who collects bad tattoos on his face might be chronically unemployed.

I don't know. It's your face/body and you should be able to put whatever you want into and onto it, but drat, I just know I'm paying for this guy's bad choices.

This guy should get a job being Exhibit A for the Republican party. "Look, the Liberals allowed this to happen. This is what happens when you don't have prayer in schools."

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://blog.tattoodo.com/2015/01/fu...=RobsFBCampaign

Lets take the artistry out of tattoos and just hook a printer up to a needle gun.

The results all look really basic. And what about this is 3d anyways? Seems like a 2d printer.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

http://blog.tattoodo.com/2015/01/fu...=RobsFBCampaign

Lets take the artistry out of tattoos and just hook a printer up to a needle gun.

The results all look really basic. And what about this is 3d anyways? Seems like a 2d printer.

I think they just mean the needle gun can move in three dimensions so that it can "print" on non-flat surfaces. (like people)

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Zaphod42 posted:

Sure, but it's the first generation. I think it's neat.

The artistry of tattooing isn't going anywhere. You can buy hand-made artisanal dildos. People pay huge bucks to have guys hand-craft cabinets. People still build cars from the ground up in their garages, and whittle walking sticks, and sew baby booties by hand, and paint with actual brushes. Art is part of who we are, and what we are. Someday, you'll probably be able to sit down in a booth, and upload your drawings for the machine to ink onto you, but there will still be plenty of people who want the work done by human hands, and there will be plenty of human hands to do that work.

That came off a bit more melodramatic than I intended, but I believe it. I think the tattoo printer is cool, and I think real tattoo artists are amazing, and I think there is room for both.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
Even if the tattoo gun replaces lovely kitchen wizards, people still have terrible taste, so I for one am looking forward to the next generation of lovely tattoos.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I anxiously await the next gen tattoos that feature jpeg artifacting or some poo poo

Purgatory Glory
Feb 20, 2005

CzarChasm posted:

Really? I can't imagine why a guy who collects bad tattoos on his face might be chronically unemployed.

I don't know. It's your face/body and you should be able to put whatever you want into and onto it, but drat, I just know I'm paying for this guy's bad choices.

This guy should get a job being Exhibit A for the Republican party. "Look, the Liberals allowed this to happen. This is what happens when you don't have prayer in schools."

Imagine being the kid in the tattoo and every time you look at your dad you 're looking at a bad tattoo of your face or an accurate tattoo of your ugly face.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Thom and the Heads posted:

I anxiously await the next gen tattoos that feature jpeg artifacting or some poo poo

mojibake

aidoru
Oct 24, 2010

:confused:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Krampus Grewcock posted:

Even if the tattoo gun replaces lovely kitchen wizards, people still have terrible taste, so I for one am looking forward to the next generation of lovely tattoos.

I want to know more.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

I hope that has some kind of personal significance, and doesn't merely exist because some dork didn't know about Google Keep.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

artsy fartsy posted:

I hope that has some kind of personal significance, and doesn't merely exist because some dork didn't know about Google Keep.

I'm guessing it's someone who thought he was being really :haw: by putting a grocery list permanently on his body. I've seen other versions where it's a todo list of blank lines that you can fill in as needed. Still lame.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Wash yourself and make yourself food. Obviously something a goon wouldn't understand the significance of.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

fullroundaction posted:

Wash yourself and make yourself food. Obviously something a goon wouldn't understand the significance of.

Nah, we need something a little more basic.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

gamera009 posted:

We try to steer people away, but there's always people who want quantity over quality. Also, idiots seem to think tattooists are rock stars, so arrogant no-talent hacks flock to it. For every great artist, there is a hundred mediocre ones. For every mediocre artist, there are a million "I'm just hear to make a buck" rear end clowns.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Hey. Maybe you can help me.

I've been looking for the tattoo that looks like someone took a sharpie and scribbled all over a dudes back and shoulder. But it's done by a well-known and respected tattoo artist and all the lines are clean and sharp. I thought it was the "Your Meat is Mine" guy, but it appears I'm wrong. I asked in the tattoo thread in YLS, and while people got close to what I was trying to find, I couldn't find a picture of the tattoo in any of the portfolios. I also had no luck searching scribble tattoo, abstract tattoo, or abstract scribble tattoo.

The tattoo showed up in one of the earlier iterations of this thread, probably like 2-3 years ago, where it was called out as not actually being a lovely tattoo even if some people wondered why anyone would want that on their body.

KillerEggplant
Apr 2, 2011

Karma Monkey posted:

I'm guessing it's someone who thought he was being really :haw: by putting a grocery list permanently on his body. I've seen other versions where it's a todo list of blank lines that you can fill in as needed. Still lame.

Might be the last thing their loved one wrote before dying. .. Or just someone being not as clever as they thought, yeah.

ED-E My Love
Feb 26, 2014

The cutest lil' eyebot in the Wasteland

Yargh posted:

"Tattoes"

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

That's a couch potato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ED-E My Love